OUR TEAM IS GETTING RECOGNITION

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
warksclaret
Been Liked: 1702 times
Has Liked: 790 times

OUR TEAM IS GETTING RECOGNITION

Post by warksclaret » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:40 pm

I read a post last week feeling that despite our season, we were not getting the praise we deserved after a very ending and run of fine performances. I disagreed because I have sensed since lockdown the pundits and media praise our manager, our team, the organisation and determination of our defending.In fact Burnley FC is now being referred to as the "business model" for smaller fan base teams entering the PL, as Chris Wilder tells us amongst others.

Today I see Nick Pope, quite deservedly was in the team of the season by a very knowledgeable pundit in Alan Shearer.Last week I saw Tarkowski making it

Last night I don't know if anyone listened to Talk Sport, but at 5.00pm hosted by Darren Gough and Adrian Dorran , they both picked their independent teams of the season, supported by commentary. Goughie went for both Nick Pope and Ben Mee and spoke so highly about both. Dorran featured Dwight McNeil in his midfield and was full of praise for this young player.

So we, playing in supposedly the best league the world, have players that are being held highly amongst the great footballers that both made the team and also those that failed to. Well done to the manager and coaches for developing our lads to these standards that we can feel proud of, especially when you see that the four Burnley players mentioned above will have cost a total outlay of around £6million
This user liked this post: Stalbansclaret

jollyjack
Been Liked: 107 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Re: OUR TEAM IS GETTING RECOGNITION

Post by jollyjack » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:28 pm

Great footballers like Darren Gough? :-)

bobinho
Been Liked: 4106 times
Has Liked: 6589 times

Post by bobinho » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:18 pm

Great sporting broadcasters like Adrian Durham?

Might as well listen to Garth Crooks....

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 511 times
Has Liked: 1062 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:22 pm

Great sportsmen like Darren Gough who was a good schoolboy footballer and is as football wise(er) as the majority on here probably.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4106 times
Has Liked: 6589 times

Post by bobinho » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:26 pm

Yeah, we just messin... they picked Burnley footballers, happy days.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1702 times
Has Liked: 790 times

Post by warksclaret » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:41 pm

Jollyjack-I know Goughie quite well, and spent quite a bit of time with him. His knowledge of football, and players of the PL is immense.I suspect far greater than the majority who contribute on this forum