Daily Mail...

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Re: Daily Mail...

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:19 pm

BenWickes wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:54 pm
This is why I mentioned a buffer zone internationally supported. God knows the Iraq war was our (I say our but it was Bliar) fault. It's basically everyone's fault but let's create a buffer. I am all for funding it with a substantial part of our FAF (Foreign Aid Fund) and actually create safe havens until they can go home. I'm not heartless. I just think there must be a way we can, as an international community. Create camps that are actually liveable.
Our foreign aid has been wasted for decades.
It's stolen, hoarded or used on other items instead of helping those who need it.

There is enough money in the world to end poverty in places like Africa but our governments would rather spend it on nuclear weapons for example.
Besides a strong and stable Africa isn't something certain countries and corporations want, they mine the precious metals at a low rate, stuff we use in batteries and phones etc.
A strong and stable African continent would see those thing a rise in cost.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:38 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:30 pm
It looks like a Facebook page.
Rowls is a big fan of the Daily Mail.....as evidenced by his jumping to its defense!
If that is the best selling newspaper in the UK....no wonder the Country is in the state it is.
As for the posters on the OP's link.........Shame on them all!

Rowls
Been Liked: 5096 times
Has Liked: 5159 times

Post by Rowls » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:41 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:38 pm
Rowls is a big fan of the Daily Mail.....as evidenced by his jumping to its defense!
If that is the best selling newspaper in the UK....no wonder the Country is in the state it is.
As for the posters on the OP's link.........Shame on them all!
I am a very big fan of the Daily Mail. It's a fantastically well written newspaper. Consistently has the best journalism in the country.

Don't know why you seem to think this is anything worthy of comment - it is one of the most popular (perhaps, most popular) newspapers in the country.

edit - But I don't understand why you think I am coming to its defense {sic}

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:43 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:09 pm
If someone has the courage and determination to travel as far as these people do to try and make a new life for themselves I welcome them to my country to make an effort.

What’s wrong with trying anything to make a better life for you family?

Genuine question
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
This user liked this post: Zlatan

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1882 times
Has Liked: 840 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:43 pm

Rowls wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:41 pm
I am a very big fan of the Daily Mail. It's a fantastically well written newspaper. Consistently has the best journalism in the country.

Don't know why you seem to think this is anything worthy of comment - it is one of the most popular (perhaps, most popular) newspapers in the country.

edit - But I don't understand why you think I am coming to its defense {sic}
Popular with people like you. Have you sorted your battalion out for the invasion?

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:46 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:43 pm
Popular with people like you. Have you sorted your battalion out for the invasion?
"People like me" ???

Battalion?

Invasion?

what on earth are you going on about?

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:51 pm

Rowls wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:46 pm
"People like me" ???

Battalion?

Invasion?

Sorry I thought that’s what the Farage boy’s wanted? He’s wasting his time down there.

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:53 pm

Rowls wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:46 pm
"People like me" ???

Battalion?

Invasion?

The Daily Mail is constantly at the top of the pile when it comes to falsehoods in it's reporting!
I don't know how anyone reads such tripe.........Looks like i was right about you defending it though.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:54 pm

Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:51 pm
Sorry I thought that’s what the Farage boy’s wanted? He’s wasting his time down there.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4068 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:58 pm

Zlatan wrote:

Genuine question
Absolutely nothing. That's why there's a legitimate process/procedure for people who apply through legal means.
However, the people who are illegally coming over in these boats are unfairly subverting that process, to the detriment of legal applicants.

Genuine answer.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:01 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:53 pm
The Daily Mail is constantly at the top of the pile when it comes to falsehoods in it's reporting!
I don't know how anyone reads such tripe.........Looks like i was right about you defending it though.
The Daily Mail is a very well written newspaper. It's a tabloid so of course it sensationalizes and dramatizes. If people don't understand that's what tabloids do then lord help them.

I'd read it even if it was a left-wing equivalent. The politics and the quality of the writing are different factors.

It appears to me that you're itching to start an argument with me that requires me to take a position and hold beliefs which I simply do not hold. If you want to play the role of "friend of the Immigrant" or "saviour of the Calais crossing asylum seeker" and engage with a heartless turd who doesn't care about human life then I suggest you find a way of challenging one of the idiots who has made the awful comments in the OP.

I'm not interested in that game and I'm finished wasting my time here with you.
These 2 users liked this post: clarethomer Damo

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:05 pm

ElectroClaret wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:58 pm
Absolutely nothing. That's why there's a legitimate process/procedure for people who apply through legal means.
However, the people who are illegally coming over in these boats are unfairly subverting that process, to the detriment of legal applicants.

Genuine answer.
Can you let me know what you think the legitimate process/procedure was that the 16 year old boy who drowned should have followed?

My understanding is that as a minor he is not able to attain a visa to legally leave Sudan and the only way he could escape the risk to his life was smuggle his way out of the country to another country to seek asylum

Its all well and good talking about legitimate processes and procedures but when we have a govt doing their best to make it as difficult as possible for asylum seekers to find a safe managed passage then we are part forcing the hand of these people and playing into the hands of the real evil b*stards who traffic these people

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:43 pm

Rowls wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:01 pm
The Daily Mail is a very well written newspaper. It's a tabloid so of course it sensationalizes and dramatizes. If people don't understand that's what tabloids do then lord help them.

I'd read it even if it was a left-wing equivalent. The politics and the quality of the writing are different factors.

It appears to me that you're itching to start an argument with me that requires me to take a position and hold beliefs which I simply do not hold. If you want to play the role of "friend of the Immigrant" or "saviour of the Calais crossing asylum seeker" and engage with a heartless turd who doesn't care about human life then I suggest you find a way of challenging one of the idiots who has made the awful comments in the OP.

I'm not interested in that game and I'm finished wasting my time here with you.
‘The Daily Mail is a well written newspaper’ said nobody.
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:46 pm

Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:43 pm
‘The Daily Mail is a well written newspaper’ said nobody.
The Daily Mail is a well written newspaper, says the British Press Awards on a regular basis:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mail#Awards

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:15 am

Rowls wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:46 pm
The Daily Mail is a well written newspaper, says the British Press Awards on a regular basis:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mail#Awards
Is it awarded by Boris Johnson’s dad?

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:20 am

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:35 am

Zlatan wrote:
If someone has the courage and determination to travel as far as these people do to try and make a new life for themselves I welcome them to my country to make an effort.

Genuine question
I'd like to live with my family in Beverley Hills please , as I think we'd have a better life there.

Can you arrange it at the US tax payers expense please?

Is it too early to book the flights?

Genuine answer.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:39 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:05 pm
Can you let me know what you think the legitimate process/procedure was that the 16 year old boy who drowned should have followed?

My understanding is that as a minor he is not able to attain a visa to legally leave Sudan and the only way he could escape the risk to his life was smuggle his way out of the country to another country to seek asylum

Its all well and good talking about legitimate processes and procedures but when we have a govt doing their best to make it as difficult as possible for asylum seekers to find a safe managed passage then we are part forcing the hand of these people and playing into the hands of the real evil b*stards who traffic these people
Nobody should be here illegally, as callous as it may sound anybody who accidentally dies as a result of trying to enter illegally doesn't deserve to die but it's a risk that's taken, it's all over the news what could potentially happen, if I go to a rave & take a dodgy ecstasy potentially it's game over it's the risk you take, anybody under age perhaps the parents need to be judged for not watching & educating the child & shirking adult responsibilities.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:45 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:39 am
Nobody should be here illegally, as callous as it may sound anybody who accidentally dies as a result of trying to enter illegally doesn't deserve to die but it's a risk that's taken, it's all over the news what could potentially happen, if I go to a rave & take a dodgy ecstasy potentially it's game over it's the risk you take, anybody under age perhaps the parents need to be judged for not watching & educating the child & shirking adult responsibilities.
Presumably you would be happy for people to leave you on the floor dying when you’d taken your dodgy pill.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:48 am

martin_p wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:45 am
Presumably you would be happy for people to leave you on the floor dying when you’d taken your dodgy pill.
Your words, trying to distort something that doesn't exist, parents need to be responsible you bring children into the world it's advisable to look after them.

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by scouseclaret » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:25 am

I’m certainly no fan of the Mail, but I’m glad to see that even they are losing patience with this utter catastrophe of a government...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... tence.html

Stanbill05
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Stanbill05 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:27 am

What’s this got to do with the Daily Mail? Every paper covered this story and those comments aren’t anything to do with the paper. It’s a poor choice of reading but you should be honest in your attacks, there’s plenty to work with usually...

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:53 am

ElectroClaret wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:58 pm

Genuine answer.
Standard right wing/Conservative answer ........they have no choice!

nyclaret
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by nyclaret » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:23 am

Stanbill05 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:27 am
What’s this got to do with the Daily Mail? Every paper covered this story and those comments aren’t anything to do with the paper. It’s a poor choice of reading but you should be honest in your attacks, there’s plenty to work with usually...
They’re responses on a Daily Mail Facebook page.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:26 am

Impressive that they've already established his age and where he's from when usually the UK border force have to guess at both..

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:23 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:39 am
He wasn't here illegally and in international law it is legal for him to take any means possible to arrive at/enter this country to seek asylum. He fled from a war zone where is parents were likely dead, captured or separated from him.

You perfectly illustrate the problem with these kind of discussions that you talk from a point of pure ignorance with no interest in researching the facts before sharing your opinion

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by keith1879 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:04 am

BenWickes wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:34 pm
To my knowledge immigrants ARE supposed to be dealt with at point of entry. In any case. Why should we take them when they have been through several countries with equal/better economy and/or weather?
I am pretty sure your link is not correct. As said. It's irrelevant. They're escaping brutality or war. They hit Greece, then it's their problem not ours.Greece is a lovely country, warm, dry and peaceful. Why trudge through several other countries and expect the British to welcome them? What part of that don't you get? We don't owe them anything
Morning Ben. Full fact is a well respected and independent organisation and disproves myths on all subjects and both sides of the political divide. To say that you are sure the link is not correct isn't enough... I think you would need to quote some international law and some expert opinion to back it up...and I doubt that you will find it. Hope this helps.
These 3 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 scouseclaret Bainsyclaret

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:07 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:23 am
He wasn't here illegally and in international law it is legal for him to take any means possible to arrive at/enter this country to seek asylum. He fled from a war zone where is parents were likely dead, captured or separated from him.

You perfectly illustrate the problem with these kind of discussions that you talk from a point of pure ignorance with no interest in researching the facts before sharing your opinion
Firstly I never said he was here illegally I stated "nobody should be here illegally" & secondly it would have been impossible for him to have been here illegally as he never arrived here sadly, if you are fleeing a war zone to seek asylum common sense should dictate you bolt for the nearest safe destination for some strange reason people seem to prefer the longer journey & often perilous as this case as tragically proved to reach our shores, is it because we are more accommodating than the rest. You hastily jump to rash conclusions without researching yourself the very thing you are accusing me of you seem guilty yourself & this is a perfect example.

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by scouseclaret » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:52 am

keith1879 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:04 am
Morning Ben. Full fact is a well respected and independent organisation and disproves myths on all subjects and both sides of the political divide. To say that you are sure the link is not correct isn't enough... I think you would need to quote some international law and some expert opinion to back it up...and I doubt that you will find it. Hope this helps.
Don’t expect the Brexiteer, anti-immigrant right to let the truth spoil good, hard-wired prejudice.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:59 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:07 am
Firstly I never said he was here illegally I stated "nobody should be here illegally" & secondly it would have been impossible for him to have been here illegally as he never arrived here sadly, if you are fleeing a war zone to seek asylum common sense should dictate you bolt for the nearest safe destination for some strange reason people seem to prefer the longer journey & often perilous as this case as tragically proved to reach our shores, is it because we are more accommodating than the rest. You hastily jump to rash conclusions without researching yourself the very thing you are accusing me of you seem guilty yourself & this is a perfect example.
If you think people prefer the longer journey to us then go and check some facts. Some obviously do (although it might not be their choice if they are being trafficked) but the majority do not come here and do indeed find nearer places.

Anybody crossing the channel by boat to claim asylum in the UK providing they havent tried to claim asylum in a previous country will not be entering the country illegally. You may not like or agree with international law but thats your problem

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:45 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:59 am
If you think people prefer the longer journey to us then go and check some facts. Some obviously do (although it might not be their choice if they are being trafficked) but the majority do not come here and do indeed find nearer places.

Anybody crossing the channel by boat to claim asylum in the UK providing they havent tried to claim asylum in a previous country will not be entering the country illegally. You may not like or agree with international law but thats your problem
It's absolutely impossible to determine the asylum seekers preferred destination as some don't make it, for crying out aloud the authorities (border force) can't even be genuinely sure whether they are genuine asylum seekers or just immigrants trying it on, I'm against people seeking asylum for that reason, internal problems need to be resolved internally, you can't just have a system where people are walking away at the first sign of trouble knowing there's somewhere to go to, accepting people from all different nationalities does not make the source problem go away, that's not the solution or the answer that's just a cheap way of saying - we can't fix it but this is the best we can do, encouraging families to seperate doesn't feel right.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:50 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:45 pm
It's absolutely impossible to determine the asylum seekers preferred destination as some don't make it, for crying out aloud the authorities (border force) can't even be genuinely sure whether they are genuine asylum seekers or just immigrants trying it on, I'm against people seeking asylum for that reason, internal problems need to be resolved internally, you can't just have a system where people are walking away at the first sign of trouble knowing there's somewhere to go to, accepting people from all different nationalities does not make the source problem go away, that's not the solution or the answer that's just a cheap way of saying - we can't fix it but this is the best we can do, encouraging families to seperate doesn't feel right.
This has to be a joke account.

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by keith1879 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:52 pm

scouseclaret wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:52 am
Don’t expect the Brexiteer, anti-immigrant right to let the truth spoil good, hard-wired prejudice.
I don't..... But moderately expressed factual posts may help to influence the sensible people... The ones who matter.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:51 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:59 am

On this point DA you're correct, and unless the UK finds a replacement vehicle for the Dublin III laws which we currently abide too which allows us to return asylum seekers to the first safe country they entered, then we'll struggle to halt the numbers coming to the UK, personally I think the whole migrant crisis is overblown anyway, and if I was more cynical I'd say this government was using this as a diversion to detract attention from many of their other failings.
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:12 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:51 pm
On this point DA you're correct, and unless the UK finds a replacement vehicle for the Dublin III laws which we currently abide too which allows us to return asylum seekers to the first safe country they entered, then we'll struggle to halt the numbers coming to the UK, personally I think the whole migrant crisis is overblown anyway, and if I was more cynical I'd say this government was using this as a diversion to detract attention from many of their other failings.
There’s news on that today. Unsurprisingly our attempts to cherry pick the bits of being in the EU we don’t mind and carry them over hasn’t gone down well in Brussels.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2 ... SApp_Other

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:27 pm

Apparently, as often happens with refugees, it appears the 16 year old was actually 28. However, I’m sorry to say, you can’t protect someone, who whilst not being able to swim undertakes a crossing of the busiest shipping lane in the world in a child’s toy, from themself. Also, why are they so fixated on getting to the UK when france is a safe country? Ah yes, it’s because the french don’t want them to stay in france and are doing their level best to offload the problem onto us. They are massing in france, starting their journeys from france and sometimes ending up face down in france. If the Royal Navy intercepted them in the channel and returned them to france they might, eventually, get the message that it’s not worth the effort. Not doing anything is making the problem worse.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:32 pm

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1865 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:05 pm

BennyD wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:27 pm
Apparently, as often happens with refugees, it appears the 16 year old was actually 28. However, I’m sorry to say, you can’t protect someone, who whilst not being able to swim undertakes a crossing of the busiest shipping lane in the world in a child’s toy, from themself. Also, why are they so fixated on getting to the UK when france is a safe country? Ah yes, it’s because the french don’t want them to stay in france and are doing their level best to offload the problem onto us. They are massing in france, starting their journeys from france and sometimes ending up face down in france. If the Royal Navy intercepted them in the channel and returned them to france they might, eventually, get the message that it’s not worth the effort. Not doing anything is making the problem worse.
According to the French minister Pierre-Henri Dumont it is the UKs fault that he died as
"The more difficult it will be to cross, the more dangerous it will be,"

He said the "only solution" was to allow migrants living in Europe to claim asylum in the UK, without having to land in Britain.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:08 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:05 pm
According to the French minister Pierre-Henri Dumont it is the UKs fault that he died as

He said the "only solution" was to allow migrants living in Europe to claim asylum in the UK, without having to land in Britain.
That seems to make sense. They’d be living in Europe while the process happened and would only let those in who had asylum granted. The only problem would be that I guess the French would want paying for housing then whole the application was processed.

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 1406 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:45 pm

An alternative approach to the problem, whereby immigrants, particularly illegal ones should be actively encouraged:
If Abdul, with little English, little money and no papers/documentation has managed to get himself across half of Asia/Africa, the whole of Europe and the English Channel, he's got to be a grafter and have a bit of spark about him; just what our economy needs, so provide him with a house, a work permit and six months social-security, if he's self-sustaining and paying taxes by then, he gets to stay.
But how you ask do we finance this and indeed accommodate Abdul?
Easy: You pick-up Fred, a 20th generation anglo-saxon, British, who likely reads the daily Mail and who along with the preceding three generations of his family, hasn't done a days work in his life. Confiscate all of his documentation/papers, give him £500 in cash and fly him to Afghanistan/Iraq/Syria (which must be emptying out - so loads of free space for immigrants) and dump him there, with the assurance that if he can make his own way back to the UK, then he can sign-on once again

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Too many people have a “sports is a mans world” mentality. These same people also have a problem with homosexuals and minorities. They are called bigots.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:37 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:

That's fine, we can still just as easily reject them.
So long as we aren't picking up the financial costs of keeping them whilst they're living in the EU.

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:00 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:

I’ll just bet he did. If that was to happen, every immigrant in France would make a bee line to the Channel coast and then the French would slap in a massive claim against us to house them while they were being processed. It’s because we allow unhindered access that so many are trying to cross. If we returned them to france it would become obvious that it is pointless to try. You won’t outrun the RN in a rubber boat full of refugees. It’s a problem the french don’t want and if they can give it to us stuff us in the process, they’ll be as happy as Larry the cheese eating surrender monkey.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:41 pm

BennyD wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:00 pm
I’ll just bet he did. If that was to happen, every immigrant in France would make a bee line to the Channel coast and then the French would slap in a massive claim against us to house them while they were being processed. It’s because we allow unhindered access that so many are trying to cross. If we returned them to france it would become obvious that it is pointless to try. You won’t outrun the RN in a rubber boat full of refugees. It’s a problem the french don’t want and if they can give it to us stuff us in the process, they’ll be as happy as Larry the cheese eating surrender monkey.
We won’t be able to send them back to France once the year ends. And all the rubber boat needs to do is get into our waters and they’ll be our responsibility.

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:49 pm

We’ll see.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:48 pm

martin_p wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:41 pm
We won’t be able to send them back to France once the year ends. And all the rubber boat needs to do is get into our waters and they’ll be our responsibility.
We won't unless we can reach an agreement with the French post-brexit, all this tough talking from Johnson & Patel is all well and good, how are they going to resolve this issue, I hear very few detailed proposals coming from the UK government as to how they're going to practically find a resolution, they can bluster as much as they wish, but if they genuinely want to find a sensible solution that suits all the parties involved, then let them propose their ideas I'm all ears.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:51 pm

Quick! Somebody tell Priti Patel and Boris Johnson to email the details of talks to tiger76.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:08 pm

BennyD wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:49 pm
We’ll see.
We gave up the right to send people back:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 80581.html

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 977 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:42 pm

The photograph of Boris on the front page of Friday's Daily Mail was a classic.

All that was missing was a suitable caption

Has anybody here seen Wally?