Daily Mirror

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
groove
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 545 times

Re: Daily Mirror

Post by groove » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:18 am

Daily newspapers will soon be a thing of the past.

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1774 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:23 am

timshorts wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:31 pm
"Let's raise a people's army and seize control of the state. "
From the legend that was Rik Mayall. "Have we got a video?"

Ptangyangkipperbang
Been Liked: 200 times
Has Liked: 274 times

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:31 am

I used to buy both the Mirror and the Mail every Saturday and more often than not the Sunday Times as well I liked certain aspects from all the papers but not the political side from them all.I have not bought a paper since March 14th as in my opinion the press acted appallingly at the start of this crisis.I feel hell of a lot better mentally now shutting down from a lot of news stories and doubt iwill ever buy a paper or even read any online again in my lifetime.And that's after high on 40 years of buying them
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Volvoclaret
Been Liked: 664 times
Has Liked: 379 times

Post by Volvoclaret » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:47 pm

Own up Ptang, you're missing Andy Capp aren't you.
This user liked this post: Ptangyangkipperbang

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:03 pm

At the age of 20, if you dont read the Guardian/Mirror, you have no heart.

By the age 40, if you still believe what the newspapers say, you have no brain.
This user liked this post: mdd2

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:29 am

Rowls wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:58 pm
I'd argue very strongly that one is a mainstream right-wing paper and the other an extremist publication with the tiniest of a fraction of the other so they aren't similar ...

But that's not the point. Well done for varying your reading. If only more people would do this. It ought to be mandatory for students.

These algorithmic days keeps us all penned into boxes of our own making. It's stultifying and corrosive to healthy debate.
It ought to be mandatory for students to read right wing ********? Isn’t that a bit authoritarian? Those newspapers advance the interests of the rich people who own them, so it’s no surprise that the U.K. press is the least trusted in Europe. What is actually stultifying to debate is lies and misinformation. And the rightwing press is full of that. If you’d like to give me examples of when the Guardian lied and misinformed, then I can respond with a great many more when rightwing papers have done the same.

I can give you examples of the Mail being a far right extremist news outlet: Doxxing the Supreme Court judges and calling them “enemies of the people.” Writing an anti-Semitic hit job on Ed Miliband’s father, to attack Ed Miliband. So present some recent examples of the Morning Star being “extremist” - and let’s compare.