santander

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
kindonesque
Been Liked: 118 times

santander

Post by kindonesque » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:06 pm

Anybody have trouble with Sant Internet Banking ?

Claretpants
Been Liked: 75 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Re: santander

Post by Claretpants » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:15 pm

Yes they had a server issue but working again now

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:15 pm

Trouble in what way?

All my banking problems vanished as soon as I left Natwest. The worst bank ever.
This user liked this post: ten bellies

kindonesque
Been Liked: 118 times

Post by kindonesque » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:19 pm

cheers pants for the heads up

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8517 times
Has Liked: 18258 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:22 pm

FactualFrank wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:15 pm
Trouble in what way?

All my banking problems vanished as soon as I left Natwest. The worst bank ever.
Oh bugger I bank with both Santander and Natwest ... looks like I'm f***ed πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4071 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:41 pm

They often do maintenance on the servers, but usually put up a warning that they're doing this when you log on.
Don't know if that may have been the problem.
Always been a good service for me (touch wood).

Try dealing with the gurning simpletons at TalkTalk if you want to experience bad service... :|

Leisure
Been Liked: 3793 times
Has Liked: 12491 times

Post by Leisure » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:50 pm

FactualFrank wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:15 pm
Trouble in what way?

Really! Never had a problem with them in over 50 years!

Claret Toni
Been Liked: 156 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by Claret Toni » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:59 pm

Leisure wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:50 pm

Really! Never had a problem with them in over 50 years!
Same for me, but then again I don't bank with them.
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank Leisure

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:40 pm

Claret Toni wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:59 pm
Same for me, but then again I don't bank with them.
:twisted:

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:51 pm

ElectroClaret wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:41 pm
They often do maintenance on the servers, but usually put up a warning that they're doing this when you log on.
Don't know if that may have been the problem.
Always been a good service for me (touch wood).

Try dealing with the gurning simpletons at TalkTalk if you want to experience bad service... :|
Going back a few years I had Talk Talk ring me up trying to sell me a cheap landline for my business...

I said to the "gentleman" on the other end of the phone "what number have you rung me on"

He said "your mobile"

So I replied "do you know what my business is"

"A mobile locksmith"

"I replied "correct and you have rung my business number which is a mobile phone havent you"

"yes but we want to save you money on your business landline"

"I havent got a business landline. I am a mobile locksmith"

"yes but we can offer you a landline a lot less than BT or any other supplier for your business"

"my business is a mobile locksmith what use is a business landline to someone who spends his working day in a van on the road dealing with his customers"

At this point the "gentleman" started getting bolshie and argumentative on the other end of the phone ...

I said "look here sunshine you have rung a mobile locksmith whilst he is in his van trying to sell him something he neither needs nor wants and now you are arguing with him about it... I think you are in the wrong job"

"yes but we can offer you a cheaper landline for your business" he said in a loud rant. At this point I started laughing and he got really upset and started shouting down the phone

"I AM OFFERING YOU A CHEAPER ALTERNATIVE TO BT OR ANY OTHER SUPPLIER. WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN TO ME ..... A C H E A P E R A L T E R N A T I V E ... CHEAPER I TELL YOU"

Laughing I said "What bloody use is a landline to me when I am driving down the A65 you deaf stupid plank ... I drive a van ... thats my office ... I use a mobile phone as my business line ... now jog on and annoy someone else"

at that he started again and I hung up....

Funnily enough I never got troubled by Talk Talk again

MRG
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Post by MRG » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:55 pm

Really surprised with the negativity around NatWest. I bank with them and couldn’t be happier. Fantastic service and far better than my previous experience with Santander and HSBC

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:00 pm

MRG wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:55 pm
Really surprised with the negativity around NatWest. I bank with them and couldn’t be happier. Fantastic service and far better than my previous experience with Santander and HSBC
I've been with Natwest for the past 45 years and with Santander since they brought out the 123 account.... no problems with either πŸ™‚ apart from the low interest rates πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but thats banks for you πŸ™„

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:04 pm

Bosscat wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:51 pm
Going back a few years I had Talk Talk ring me up trying to sell me a cheap landline for my business...

I said to the "gentleman" on the other end of the phone "what number have you rung me on"

He said "your mobile"

So I replied "do you know what my business is"

"A mobile locksmith"

"I replied "correct and you have rung my business number which is a mobile phone havent you"

"yes but we want to save you money on your business landline"

"I havent got a business landline. I am a mobile locksmith"

"yes but we can offer you a landline a lot less than BT or any other supplier for your business"

"my business is a mobile locksmith what use is a business landline to someone who spends his working day in a van on the road dealing with his customers"

At this point the "gentleman" started getting bolshie and argumentative on the other end of the phone ...

I said "look here sunshine you have rung a mobile locksmith whilst he is in his van trying to sell him something he neither needs nor wants and now you are arguing with him about it... I think you are in the wrong job"

"yes but we can offer you a cheaper landline for your business" he said in a loud rant. At this point I started laughing and he got really upset and started shouting down the phone

"I AM OFFERING YOU A CHEAPER ALTERNATIVE TO BT OR ANY OTHER SUPPLIER. WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN TO ME ..... A C H E A P E R A L T E R N A T I V E ... CHEAPER I TELL YOU"

Laughing I said "What bloody use is a landline to me when I am driving down the A65 you deaf stupid plank ... I drive a van ... thats my office ... I use a mobile phone as my business line ... now jog on and annoy someone else"

at that he started again and I hung up....

Funnily enough I never got troubled by Talk Talk again
One for the customer service thread. Knob!

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:10 pm

tim_noone wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:04 pm
One for the customer service thread. Knob!
Tim-Bob

It was in reply to Electroclaret about TALK TALK ffs

Or was it you on the other end of the phone trying to flog me a landline πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ it was ... wasn't it Tim-Bob ... it was you πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚