Dash Cam Footage

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
eastanglianclaret
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Re: Dash Cam Footage

Post by eastanglianclaret » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:40 pm

A couple of years ago there was an item on the local news in East Anglia suggesting that over 1000 such reports were made to police in Suffolk and Norfolk back then, with 400+ convictions for dangerous/wreckless driving and many others being spoken to by the police. As I recall it was further suggested that it was difficult to get legal defence representation in the event you got 'nicked' in this way because the video doesn't lie and lawyers only want 'wins'! It was also interesting to note how many cases of rear shunts were settled in such a way even though the impact was not on camera eg cars stopped at traffic lights which were obviously stopped and then shown by the camera to have been suddenly pushed forwards.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4105 times
Has Liked: 6588 times

Post by bobinho » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:12 pm

Thing is with this sort of thing, there are those 7 year olds who are happy to jump on the “grass” bandwagon, or similar, without actually thinking about what COULD be happening-or not happening because of this being reported.

Accident prevention in these sort of scenarios is immeasurable. In doing the right thing and reporting crap and aggressive driving, you may have actually saved a life, maybe more than one, but you’ll never actually ever know.

I’m fed up of all these young scrotes cutting me up and making me carry out evasive manoeuvres whilst driving away laughing. So if it happens and I’ve got it on cam, it’s going in without question.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

dsr
Been Liked: 4577 times
Has Liked: 2268 times

Post by dsr » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:44 pm

Clarets4me wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:25 pm
An aspiring young Poet named Tim,
Produces verse completely at whim,
He betters John Keats,
Yeats & Auden he beats,
Even Wordsworth comes second to him !
If I can just chip in here, though,
I have read your poem right through,
You're clearly no Keats,
Or W.B. Yeats,
You're not even Roger McGough!

;)
This user liked this post: fatboy47

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:05 pm

bobinho wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:12 pm
Thing is with this sort of thing, there are those 7 year olds who are happy to jump on the “grass” bandwagon, or similar, without actually thinking about what COULD be happening-or not happening because of this being reported.

Accident prevention in these sort of scenarios is immeasurable. In doing the right thing and reporting crap and aggressive driving, you may have actually saved a life, maybe more than one, but you’ll never actually ever know.

I’m fed up of all these young scrotes cutting me up and making me carry out evasive manoeuvres whilst driving away laughing. So if it happens and I’ve got it on cam, it’s going in without question.
This user liked this post: Burnley1989

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2341 times
Has Liked: 1041 times

Post by Clarets4me » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:12 pm

dsr wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:44 pm
If I can just chip in here, though,
I have read your poem right through,
You're clearly no Keats,
Or W.B. Yeats,
You're not even Roger McGough! ;)
Assonance at it's finest ... ;)

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2307 times
Has Liked: 2171 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:14 pm

Can’t imagine myself ever reporting someone to the police for cutting me up. It’s annoying but most of the time it’s just a mistake, an old lady did it to me earlier on the round about by Balleros, I’d imagine some would have hammered the horn but seconds later she apologised so I’m glad I didn’t :lol:

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:16 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:14 pm
Can’t imagine myself ever reporting someone to the police for cutting me up. It’s annoying but most of the time it’s just a mistake, an old lady did it to me earlier on the round about by Balleros, I’d imagine some would have hammered the horn but seconds later she apologised so I’m glad I didn’t :lol:
But what if it was a young scrote!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burnley1989

Post by Burnley1989 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:22 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:16 pm
But what if it was a young scrote!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do you mean a Covidiot? Unlikely, they’ll all be in work spreading the virus whilst the sensible stay at home and shield

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:41 pm

Clarets4me wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:25 pm
An aspiring young Poet named Tim,
Produces verse completely at whim,
He betters John Keats,
Yeats & Auden he beats,
Even Wordsworth comes second to him !
You are a poet and didn't know it.

BobHaidong
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by BobHaidong » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:52 pm

I had a similar experience to the OP and took my dash cam footage to Burnley Police station. They basically said that even though my dash cam footage showed that another driver had driven dangerously by driving aggressively at me, forcing me to mount the kerb to get out of his way so he didn’t hit me, because there was no contact there was nothing they could do. Absolute shambles.

It was at the roundabout just down from Burnley college. They were in the left hand lane but wanted to go all the way to turn right up past B and M. I was in the right lane, and they felt like I’d cut them up, even though there was time to go in front of them. That prompted them to drive aggressively up behind me with all the foaming at the mouth and spewing obscenities. Then to pull out into oncoming traffic, before cutting back into the lane next to me, forcing me to move up onto the kerb, or get hit.

That roundabout was an absolute nightmare for a few months whilst everyone wanted to use the wrong lane for some reason.

karatekid
Been Liked: 1108 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by karatekid » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:00 pm

karatekid wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:12 pm
I have some dash cam footage of a complete bellend in a mercedes almost hitting my car cutting in at the top of Vivary way then undertaking me at the next roundabout and giving me the finger. I would like to upload this to the Lancashire Police but can't find where to do it. I have found the West Yorkshire one easily enough but the incident was in Colne so I need the Lancs one. Does anyone know how to do this?

Because I couldn't upload to Lancs police I uploaded onto west yorks police in the hope they would transfer to their colleagues in Lancs. The very next day a police officer called me and explained that they couldn't accept the footage from outside their area but added that he knew the road the incident took palce and if it were up to him he would throw the book at the driver of the Mercedes and added that he also thought the driver was a Pr!ck as per my in car commentary he heard on the footage :D :o

Jamesy
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 526 times

Post by Jamesy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:12 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:22 pm
Do you mean a Covidiot? Unlikely, they’ll all be in work spreading the virus whilst the sensible stay at home and shield
What a crass thing to say. Have you not thought that they have no choice but to go to work, otherwise they may struggle to survive?
It’s ok for the seemingly privileged majority in this country who can stay at home, however don’t judge hard working people who are making ends meet in the knowledge that they have significantly more chance of contracting Covid whilst you are at home sat on your privileged backside.

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:37 pm

Burnley1989

Post by Burnley1989 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:52 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:12 pm
What a crass thing to say. Have you not thought that they have no choice but to go to work, otherwise they may struggle to survive?
It’s ok for the seemingly privileged majority in this country who can stay at home, however don’t judge hard working people who are making ends meet in the knowledge that they have significantly more chance of contracting Covid whilst you are at home sat on your privileged backside.
Ffs :lol: I wasn’t even trying to get a bite, just having a laugh with DA

As if that’s really my views, it’s the sort of thing you read in the Daily Mirror comments section

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:00 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:52 pm
Ffs :lol: I wasn’t even trying to get a bite, just having a laugh with DA

As if that’s really my views, it’s the sort of thing you read in the Daily Mirror comments section
joking about on here is a dangerous business, dont come over to the dark side unless you know what youre letting yourself in for :D
This user liked this post: Burnley1989

Burnley1989

Post by Burnley1989 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:18 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:00 pm
joking about on here is a dangerous business, dont come over to the dark side unless you know what youre letting yourself in for :D
You’re right, I just can’t do it :lol:

I do it at home with great success but struggle online
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate