Tarks injury

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Re: Tarks injury

Post by Targetman » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:18 am

Shipclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:56 am
Reconsider my support, sometimes I wish I could but I am stuck with Burnley thick or thin, now and forever. It’s sad but there it is, I support them and have for almost half a century. It’s not a matter of chicken or beef its Burnley, end of. I don’t really understand your comment.
Nor do I understand!

Burnley is my team, my club.

If we sell Tarky and then Pope before the window closes then I will be up in arms about the situation. I will feel hugely let down particularly if we dont replace them.

I won't be happy with the chairman for how he is seemingly restricting the manager from bringing in any new players. I wont like it at all!!

However Burnley will still be my team, I will still be there giving my support to the players who remain, be it young lads or seasoned professionals.

I wont be cancelling my season ticket or refusing to spend any money on merchandise.
I wont be travelling 60 minutes down the road to Merseyside to offer my support to the current English and World Club champions even though they play some very exciting football.

I'm a CLARET, always have been, always will be to the day I die. I have watched Burnley for over half a century through thick and thin, mainly thin. I have seen chairman come and go, I have seen some incredible talented players come and go.
It's sad when top quality players leave Turf Moor but it's all part of football unfortunately and particularly with our club.

I have seen better players than Tarkowski leave over the years and it has always disappointed me but I still have my season ticket. How could I even consider not going to Turf Moor or cancelling my family's season tickets?

I couldn't because I literally have claret running through my veins, it's in me, I'm born n bread Burnley Football Club.

We will still be here when the current manager and chairman have left because WE are Burnley Football Club, not the players or the board, the fans make the club!

So lets stick together at this current time when things are a bit tough. It's never easy watching/listening to these events which in fairness the whole footballing country seem to be talking about. But this is Burnley and it has happened forever whilst I have been a supporter.
These 5 users liked this post: jtv Shipclaret tiger76 Gordaleman Rubstuds

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:21 am

Targetman wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:18 am
Nor do I understand!
I'm guessing you're local, and you don't have a 450 mile round trip for each home game, and the costs associated with that. I have my opinion, you have yours - I respect yours, please respect mine.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2275 times
Has Liked: 2154 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:23 am

I do have my suspicions, if he was close and has a bruised toe, surely he'd be on the bench in case he was needed.

Who knows though eh?

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:31 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:17 am
If Tarks stays, I won't be overly upset with heading into the season with Tarks, Mee, Long and Dunne. The only shame is that Dunne hasn't the opportunity to get more game time under his belt for BFC before we have reached this situation.

Going in with 2 relatively injury free (recent situation allowing) CB's, one who's happy to play back up and a young gun waiting in the wings seems ideal to me.

Of course, if he's off then we need a top quality replacement. It seems, according to Nixon at least, that Dawson may be the answer to that question.
Agree with this. I’d be very happy with a Mee, Tarks, Long & Dunne 4 at the moment. A 5 consisting of Dawson would be dreamland!

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 534 times
Has Liked: 185 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:37 am

Probably most players are carrying a knock or a niggle throughout the season, but normally they just carry on regardless. However when transfer speculation arises it can become an excuse to leave them out of the team or for the player to leave himself out.

Tarky has said he wants to play Champions League football and for England so he has made it pretty clear he wants to move on to a club where he can do that. So he has cast the bait and is waiting for a nibble from one of the big fish, if it doesn't come then he will weigh up his options, go to West Ham or similar or stay put.

Meanwhile our club have to weigh up whether to pick a player who might not be 100% committed and/or worried about getting injured prior to a lucrative move.

MT03ALG
Been Liked: 422 times
Has Liked: 4481 times

Post by MT03ALG » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:49 am

If Tarks has not been injured for the last two games, will he receive his salary ?

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:38 am

I’m not suggesting that a move may not be on the cards, but I think it’s a little unfair to suggest that Tarkowski may have downed tools.

He apparently forced a move to us whilst at Brentford, though under the circumstances. I think most of us would have done the same.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 997 times
Has Liked: 2007 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:18 pm

West Ham are back in with 35 million quid & 5 million in add ons

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:21 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:21 am
I'm guessing you're local, and you don't have a 450 mile round trip for each home game, and the costs associated with that. I have my opinion, you have yours - I respect yours, please respect mine.
If it's the costs of travel that is the problem then I can understand because it's certainly not cheap.
If you decide to cancel your season tickets because of that then that is perfectly understandable.

What I can't understand is cancelling season tickets because one of our players is possibly being left out of the team because he is going to be sold?

Throughout life I have always respected opinions of other people whether I agree with them or not, but it doesn't mean I understand them.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:32 pm

Targetman wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:21 pm
If it's the costs of travel that is the problem then I can understand because it's certainly not cheap.
If you decide to cancel your season tickets because of that then that is perfectly understandable.

What I can't understand is cancelling season tickets because one of our players is possibly being left out of the team because he is going to be sold?

Throughout life I have always respected opinions of other people whether I agree with them or not, but it doesn't mean I understand them.
Thought Zlatan was taking a stand against being told porkies about Tarky.

mdd2

Post by mdd2 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:34 pm

The sale of Tarks could be our saviour or result in our Premier League swan-song and only time will tell.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:52 pm

Right_winger wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:29 am
Do you think our squad is in a good place right now?

Mid season could be argued that the emergency back up being used is required. At the start of a new season? Especially when you have a known injury, shifted one player out on loan and the other gets a mysterious injury pending a sale. Dunne is a league 1 level
Player even to be used as emergency back up is stretching it.

So continuing on from the other day I See. Yes younger players with potential should be our transfer strategy.. that doesn’t mean untested players who are levels below premier league standard nor does it mean young boys. Just not 30+ journeymen for a season or 2.

Right now in our situation, which is our own making we have a long term back up player who has never really been good enough and a player who wasn’t exactly pulling up trees in league one. So in this instance an experienced player or 2 is an absolute must.

We have been managed poorly to get into this situation whichever way you look at it.
Our squad isn't in a great place, but it's nowhere near as bad as you and your fellow rays of sunshine make it out to be and it's almost certainly good enough to keep us in the Premier League. I'm certain we'll be adding to it before the window closes as well.

Dunne acquitted himself well in the last couple of games and could be one of these young players with potential that you keep going on about.

Now I'll ask you again, do you think we should be spending a large chunk of our funds on another Gibson type signing to sit on the bench all season?
This user liked this post: Top Claret

Robbo1882
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by Robbo1882 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:30 pm

I would rather us had Gibson available as he would have been better cover than Long and shows now how desperate we are for a CB.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:31 pm

Targetman wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:18 am
Nor do I understand!

Burnley is my team, my club.

If we sell Tarky and then Pope before the window closes then I will be up in arms about the situation. I will feel hugely let down particularly if we dont replace them.

I won't be happy with the chairman for how he is seemingly restricting the manager from bringing in any new players. I wont like it at all!!

However Burnley will still be my team, I will still be there giving my support to the players who remain, be it young lads or seasoned professionals.

I wont be cancelling my season ticket or refusing to spend any money on merchandise.
I wont be travelling 60 minutes down the road to Merseyside to offer my support to the current English and World Club champions even though they play some very exciting football.

I'm a CLARET, always have been, always will be to the day I die. I have watched Burnley for over half a century through thick and thin, mainly thin. I have seen chairman come and go, I have seen some incredible talented players come and go.
It's sad when top quality players leave Turf Moor but it's all part of football unfortunately and particularly with our club.

I have seen better players than Tarkowski leave over the years and it has always disappointed me but I still have my season ticket. How could I even consider not going to Turf Moor or cancelling my family's season tickets?

I couldn't because I literally have claret running through my veins, it's in me, I'm born n bread Burnley Football Club.

We will still be here when the current manager and chairman have left because WE are Burnley Football Club, not the players or the board, the fans make the club!

So lets stick together at this current time when things are a bit tough. It's never easy watching/listening to these events which in fairness the whole footballing country seem to be talking about. But this is Burnley and it has happened forever whilst I have been a supporter.
Some people will never understand, if they did understand they would never suggest for fellow fans to “go and support another team” because that simply isn’t possible.

Bigvince
Been Liked: 930 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:33 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:52 pm
Our squad isn't in a great place, but it's nowhere near as bad as you and your fellow rays of sunshine make it out to be and it's almost certainly good enough to keep us in the Premier League. I'm certain we'll be adding to it before the window closes as well.

Dunne acquitted himself well in the last couple of games and could be one of these young players with potential that you keep going on about.

Now I'll ask you again, do you think we should be spending a large chunk of our funds on another Gibson type signing to sit on the bench all season?
Just another negative post off right-whinger

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:43 pm

Keep Tarkowski, sign Stephens and a couple more in that ike and Burnley are gaurented a mid table finish.

I said it weeks ago and will repeat myself, the gulf between the Premier league and the championship as never been wider and the three promoted clubs will go straight back down

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2195 times
Has Liked: 2179 times

Post by fidelcastro » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:48 pm

Tall Paul wrote:

You're asking someone who has said in the not too distant past that Ben Mee is no better than league one standard, so you're never going to get a well balanced, nuanced answer.

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4044 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:53 pm

Top Claret wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:43 pm

...the three promoted clubs will go straight back down
I reckon Fulham and West Brom will go, but I think Leeds will stay up.

Unfortunately.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:38 pm

I reckon you'll be right.

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:40 pm

I personally don't see the benefit in lying about Tarks injury. What do the club or Dyche stand to gain from it?

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:00 pm

BenWickes wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:40 pm
I personally don't see the benefit in lying about Tarks injury. What do the club or Dyche stand to gain from it?
Just speculation on my part, it may be that Sean Dyche and the club want to give Tarks the time to make a decision about his career outside of the full glare of publicity.

How many of us have said, "sorry, I didn't come to your [insert event of your choice] I was feeling unwell..." when really, we didn't fancy it/had got a better offer?

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3842 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:08 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:00 pm
Just speculation on my part, it may be that Sean Dyche and the club want to give Tarks the time to make a decision about his career outside of the full glare of publicity.

How many of us have said, "sorry, I didn't come to your [insert event of your choice] I was feeling unwell..." when really, we didn't fancy it/had got a better offer?
Of course it happens.

I raised the point because quite a few on here use lying as the main reason they still hate Owen Coyle 10 years on.

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:12 pm

It's all incredibly frustrating.
However, Gibson was signed for when this time comes. The board did quite well in that respect, however, what happened has happened and we are now potentially in a position of needing 2 players of that quality.

Whatever happened between Dyche and Gibson was obviously pretty bad, as it would suit all parties if that wasn't the case, and there would be no panic to look for another defender (Probably would still end up with Dawson to be honest).

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1780 times
Has Liked: 1777 times

Post by dougcollins » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:54 pm

Tall Paul wrote:

You do understand there are scenarios that fall between buying a Gibson or doing nothing?

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:59 pm

How often do managers come out with “Yea, he’s not playing. “Insert Team” are interested so we won’t be playing him for in the immediate future”? It never happens. Not only that but managers don’t even discuss players futures regardless if their playing or not. They don’t confirm interest in players or wether other teams are interested in their own.

So why some fans a crying about it, I have no idea.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:00 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:54 pm
You do understand there are scenarios that fall between buying a Gibson or doing nothing?
Of course, which is probably what we are doing.

The point was that RW wants a young centre back with PL experience to cover for when Mee and/or Tarks are injured, a bit like Gibson you could say. Those players cost a lot of money.

mdd2

Post by mdd2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:20 am

Top Claret wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:43 pm
Keep Tarkowski, sign Stephens and a couple more in that ike and Burnley are gaurented a mid table finish.

I said it weeks ago and will repeat myself, the gulf between the Premier league and the championship as never been wider and the three promoted clubs will go straight back down
Like Norwich Villa and Sheffield United last season?
I would go as far as stating that only one at most, of those promoted in 2020, will get relegated

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:59 am

mdd2 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:20 am
Like Norwich Villa and Sheffield United last season?
I would go as far as stating that only one at most, of those promoted in 2020, will get relegated
You might be correct, but which 3 do you foresee finishing below Fulham and WBA?
This user liked this post: Zlatan

Dandy Biscuits

Post by Dandy Biscuits » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:25 pm

Until it's over the line he's my no. 5. I would think if a deal is imminent that SD won't play him against Millwall. Wait and see I guess? I prefer to keep Tark but 35 million is a lot of money and could certainly get some players in the door. Trying to stay positive and keep the faith. UTC!