ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Re: ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:52 am

BigChaCha wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:38 am
I agree about your first half of that comment but I'm not sure how you can come to the conclusion about the offer being 'worryingly, seriously considered' when you don't have all the information in front of you that the board have had.
I know it was a serious bid. I know the club were involved in talks with them. I know the damage Farnell has done at other clubs. I have more than enough information to suggest it was worrying.

onewillieirvine
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Post by onewillieirvine » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:52 am

Ewan - I would imagine the roles, remits and job parameters will change for all three of these jobs. A gradual replacement would by my guess.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:54 am

page 82 :)
These 3 users liked this post: ClaretTony Zlatan FactualFrank

Goobs
Been Liked: 1459 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Goobs » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:55 am

ewanrob wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:46 am
Will be interested to see what happens with regards to our Internal Structure (CEO-Neil Hart, Chief Scout-Martin Hodge, Tech Director-Mike Rigg) with the new people, will they stick with the people in these important roles or do you think they will have their own people ready...as they are really important roles moving forward.
I don't expect them to change the whole structure, especially after snippets we have heard about them wanting to keep us a community club playing at the turf and she'll companies being set up referencing our history.

Could be wrong but can only go off what we have heard and so far I am positive about ALK.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:00 am

ewanrob wrote:
Will be interested to see what happens with regards to our Internal Structure (CEO-Neil Hart, Chief Scout-Martin Hodge, Tech Director-Mike Rigg) with the new people, will they stick with the people in these important roles or do you think they will have their own people ready...as they are really important roles moving forward.
I don't think changes in some of those areas would be a bad thing to be honest.

I believe Alan Pace is likely to play a very active part in the running of the club should this deal go through. I would imagine him replacing the CEO to be honest unless his football knowledge is such that he's able to be the technical director.
This user liked this post: Les Lawrence

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:04 am

I ask, because if truth be known....weve found a few decent Jewels mainland Uk (Gray, Tarks, Keane, Mee, Trips to name a few) do the present people have the necessary tools & know how to develop European recruitment assuming we will have more money to spend ?

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:06 am

Erasmus wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:05 am
I'm very much with Dark Cloud on this. At a personal level, being owned purely as a business will take something of the edge off my lifelong passion for the club, and if I'm honest I would prefer to play in a lower division than be transformed in that way. On the other hand, I have an eight-year-old son who has just been introduced to the delights of supporting Burnley, and I will get a good deal of vicarious pleasure from taking him to matches whilst we compete in the highest league. For me though, it will never be the same again. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, one's views on this are very much a reflection of one's own personality, values and ideas. So it's a purely subjective point of view.
I find posts like this and the one from bfcjg odd, but accept that may just be me. I have never once sat at a game or at home thinking about Burnley Football Club and thought to myself "Well, I'm glad it's a bloke from Burnley that owns it".

As a fan my primary concern is what goes on on the pitch and who is signing the cheques doesn't influence my enjoyment or frustration in anyway.

ALK may turn out to be good, bad or indifferent. Where they are from does not matter to me in the slightest.
These 2 users liked this post: mill hill claret Leisure

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:14 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:06 am
I find posts like this and the one from bfcjg odd, but accept that may just be me. I have never once sat at a game or at home thinking about Burnley Football Club and thought to myself "Well, I'm glad it's a bloke from Burnley that owns it".

As a fan my primary concern is what goes on on the pitch and who is signing the cheques doesn't influence my enjoyment or frustration in anyway.

ALK may turn out to be good, bad or indifferent. Where they are from does not matter to me in the slightest.
I'm just about in agreement with you. I think there has to be a nervousness about the takeover. When, for instance, Barry Kilby was chairman, you knew he was doing what he thought was best for the club because he was a fan. That is the perfect scenario. But it isn't like that at many clubs up and down the country. We know it goes wrong at some clubs which means we need to remain vigilant, but it also goes very right at other clubs.

I don't think Mike Garlick has ever run the club as if he were a fan to be honest, he's run it as a businessman. I would assume that will continue under new owners but with different styles and ideas.

If you'd asked me about it some time ago I'd have been against. Not now, I'm nervous, rightly so, but also excited. Bloody hell I lived through the belligerent Bob Lord and the inept Frank Teasdale.

I'm actually looking forward to it but remaining, as I said, vigilant.
These 5 users liked this post: gandhisflipflop mill hill claret Rumpelstiltskin mkmel Vegas Claret

yorkyclaret
Been Liked: 246 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by yorkyclaret » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:19 am

Great, you stay vigilant, will be very useful when they run back to yankyland with the family silver.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:20 am

Page 82 :lol:

The Summer/Autumn transfer thread got to page 107 and ended up with a £!m signing :lol: :lol:

Some way to go yet I feel. :x
Last edited by kentonclaret on Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:21 am

yorkyclaret wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:19 am
Great, you stay vigilant, will be very useful when they run back to yankyland with the family silver.
Thanks very much for your very insightful post. I assume you have done a lot of research too to come up with that inspirational response.
These 2 users liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin ewanrob

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:23 am

Very good post Tony. Far too many focus on the negatives of it almost have a 'local club for local people' league of gentlemen mentality however there are others that only focus on the positives which i have been guilty of but what can't be in any doubt is that this needs to happen and where they come from should be irrelavent as long as they are wanting to progress BFC and open our doors up to the world. It is exciting and if things do go wrong which they can, we will all still be here to fight tooth and nail for the club and if it goes right well happy days. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
These 4 users liked this post: onewillieirvine Downhamclaret mill hill claret mkmel

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:39 am

Post Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:14 am

arise_sir_charge wrote: ↑I find posts like this and the one from bfcjg odd, but accept that may just be me. I have never once sat at a game or at home thinking about Burnley Football Club and thought to myself "Well, I'm glad it's a bloke from Burnley that owns it".
I've never said a bloke from Burnley, just Burnley supporters, there is a massive difference.
I think Garlick is a Clsret didn't he go to the grammar school ?
If running it like a business means we get the unbelievable success we have had under Garlick then surely he must be given credit ?

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:41 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:54 am
page 82 :)
Was that your prediction?

(just posting it to knock it closer to page 83 :D )
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

BigChaCha
Been Liked: 253 times

Post by BigChaCha » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:43 am

The problem for the new board, if we are indeed taken over... Is that because of lack of player investment over the last few windows, we have a few glaring holes in the squad, especially if Tarks can't be persuaded to stay.

We are playing serious catch-up!

We could really do with a right-back, right-winger and at least 1 central-defender, depending on Tarks going or not. That is going to be close to £40m/£50m just for those players!

In an ideal world, we would also bring in another central-midfielder, striker and maybe even better backup at left-back but that slot is not urgent.

I am hopeful SD will get a much-improved budget and players get better wages to compete more but my gut feeling is that it won't be anything to get overly excited about but saying that it can't be anywhere as bad as what we have had to put up with in the transfer market.

I hope I'm wrong but I am not going to get carried away with potential extra buying power because I think I will be disappointed if I do.

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:47 am

bfcjg wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:39 am
Post Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:14 am

arise_sir_charge wrote: ↑I find posts like this and the one from bfcjg odd, but accept that may just be me. I have never once sat at a game or at home thinking about Burnley Football Club and thought to myself "Well, I'm glad it's a bloke from Burnley that owns it".
I've never said a bloke from Burnley, just Burnley supporters, there is a massive difference.
I think Garlick is a Clsret didn't he go to the grammar school ?
If running it like a business means we get the unbelievable success we have had under Garlick then surely he must be given credit ?
Mike Garlick deserves credit, I have never said he doesn't.

But I will amend slightly what I said, it doesn't matter to me if they are fans.

I agree with what Tony said in reply to my post.

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:48 am

BigChaCha wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:43 am
The problem for the new board, if we are indeed taken over... Is that because of lack of player investment over the last few windows, we have a few glaring holes in the squad, especially if Tarks can't be persuaded to stay.
That wouldn't worry me. We all know it's the influence of Ben Mee making Tarks look world class anyway.

Mala591
Been Liked: 681 times
Has Liked: 428 times

Post by Mala591 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:59 am

Imo ALK Capital will needed to invest £100-150 million over the next 5 years to improve the creative and technical ability of our squad and maintain a reasonable (average) mid-table position in the PL.

It’s a hell of a lot of money to invest and they will need to ensure the money is well spent by the club manager/head coach.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:11 pm

They will still run it as a business though and that will mean player sales as well as incoming.

pompeyclaret
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by pompeyclaret » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:13 pm

Mike and the other directors will clearly make some money on this. Would assume they'd be willing to buy the club again in say 5 years if we were relegated and could purchase at a much lower price, reinvesting some of their profits into the club that way.

Would be happier still if the new money pushed us higher up the league, buying better players and having another European adventure, and being worth double what ALK are going to pay.

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1111 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:29 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:14 am
I'm just about in agreement with you. I think there has to be a nervousness about the takeover. When, for instance, Barry Kilby was chairman, you knew he was doing what he thought was best for the club because he was a fan. That is the perfect scenario. But it isn't like that at many clubs up and down the country. We know it goes wrong at some clubs which means we need to remain vigilant, but it also goes very right at other clubs.

I don't think Mike Garlick has ever run the club as if he were a fan to be honest, he's run it as a businessman. I would assume that will continue under new owners but with different styles and ideas.

If you'd asked me about it some time ago I'd have been against. Not now, I'm nervous, rightly so, but also excited. Bloody hell I lived through the belligerent Bob Lord and the inept Frank Teasdale.

So what styles and ideas interest you ?

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:35 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:14 am

Completely agree with this CT.
Unfortunately (or fortunately) it’s the difference between being round the table with the big boys and being around the lower leagues....with lots of potential choppy waters in between as clubs try and reach the promised land !

Would we all prefer Barry Kilby to be a billionaire and custodian of our club ? Of course we would.

But he isn’t - but the way it is now in this league you need someone with very deep pockets to survive in this league. And most teams want to do more than just survive - as we can see with many of our fans that even in the most successful period in the last 50 years that as brilliant as it is playing in this league after a number of years it can get difficult winning so few games every year.

Lots of things have changed with football - and right now there are definitely lots of things in the game not to like. But given a choice I would much rather be in the Premier League than any other - and if being taken over gives us more chance of doing this and keeping SD and our best players (and buying new players too) then for me that’s the best option...by a long way.

But yep most fans will be viewing this with trepidation - and that will continue until we start to see visible benefits on the pitch.

Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 647 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by Andreshotboots » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:46 pm

Totally agree. When i heard the breaking news regarding a potential take over in the car I punched the air, then A split second later i thought oh s***, what if we're the next Bolton etc...nervous but hopefully exiting times ahead

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:49 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:41 am
Was that your prediction?

(just posting it to knock it closer to page 83 :D )
Well i did say 105 tongue in cheek.....The way things have moved i may need to revise? We will go for the very ironic 95.

dibraidio
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by dibraidio » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:15 pm

Mala591 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:59 am
Imo ALK Capital will needed to invest £100-150 million over the next 5 years to improve the creative and technical ability of our squad and maintain a reasonable (average) mid-table position in the PL.

It’s a hell of a lot of money to invest and they will need to ensure the money is well spent by the club manager/head coach.
You're talking 20 to 30 million a year there. That's a hell of lot of money.
Our wage bill was 29 million in our first season in the Premier League under SD, 61 million when we got back up and it had increased to 86 million in the last set of accounts. The spare cash for signings has gone. In 2019 we sold Heaton and Wells and replaced them with BPF and Brownhill which was a negative net transfer spend and we only made 4m in profit. With COVID the 45 milion cash the club has in the bank (presumably as an insurance policy for covering wages if we get relegated) will help us to keep afloat for another season but little more and of course the "relegation insurance policy" will be gone.

The only way that we're going to spending 20 to 30 million a year on players is by selling 20 to 30 worth of players unless ALK are somehow going to massively increase our commercial revenue.

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:37 pm

I think most fans would be happier if we could just afford a young right back and a good right winger which we needed prior to this season really. By putting things off every transfer window we now have a very ageing squad and a potentially bigger problem.
This user liked this post: NewClaret

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:18 pm

dibraidio wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:15 pm
You're talking 20 to 30 million a year there. That's a hell of lot of money.
Our wage bill was 29 million in our first season in the Premier League under SD, 61 million when we got back up and it had increased to 86 million in the last set of accounts. The spare cash for signings has gone. In 2019 we sold Heaton and Wells and replaced them with BPF and Brownhill which was a negative net transfer spend and we only made 4m in profit. With COVID the 45 milion cash the club has in the bank (presumably as an insurance policy for covering wages if we get relegated) will help us to keep afloat for another season but little more and of course the "relegation insurance policy" will be gone.

The only way that we're going to spending 20 to 30 million a year on players is by selling 20 to 30 worth of players unless ALK are somehow going to massively increase our commercial revenue.
Surely that is exactly what outside investment is all about?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:20 pm

We have no idea, as yet, how they intend to run the club, how they intend to invest or anything. All we know is that, once the deal has gone through, they have bought a requisite number of shares to get control. We will also know they have provided the Premier League with proof of funding as well as passing their owners & directors test.

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:24 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:18 pm
Surely that is exactly what outside investment is all about?
Do you mean Gifting the club 20-30m per year?

Or do you mean investing to grow the clubs revenue by enough to be able to spend 20-30m more per year? If so, where do you think they can grow the revenue?

ten bellies
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 1283 times

Post by ten bellies » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:24 pm

My biggest concern is the motive for wanting to buy Burnley Fooball Club. Are they trying to make money, or is it an ego trip. If it is the former, I believe we are in the sh1t.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:26 pm

I've no strong views on the takeover - or indeed football - at the moment. But could someone explain to me what 'investment' means in the context of buying a club. In normal life, and a normal business, it would simply mean putting some cash into something in the hope of reaping an increased sum in the future.

Now if we're running a very tight ship at Burnley, which apparently we are, and we've already got the huge TV revenue on tap.. then where's the room for any 'investment' to make an even greater return? We've been in the top flight for 5 seasons now, we're carrying a bare minimum squad and we don't sign players anymore. And we're still just about doing better than breaking even.

Unless it's 'sign loads of really brilliant young players nobody else has seen and then sell them for zillions' I don't really understand what's in it for an investor.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:27 pm

ten bellies wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:24 pm
My biggest concern is the motive for wanting to buy Burnley Fooball Club. Are they trying to make money, or is it an ego trip. If it is the former, I believe we are in the sh1t.
Without knowing anything about their intentions, like the rest of us, why would you suggest they are potentially on an ego trip, why would you suggest we are in the sh1t? Where do you think we actually are now? We're going nowhere with a club that's in turmoil, key people not speaking to each other and absolutely no investment in the squad worth mentioning.
These 2 users liked this post: winsomeyen Boss Hogg

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:29 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:24 pm
Do you mean Gifting the club 20-30m per year?

Or do you mean investing to grow the clubs revenue by enough to be able to spend 20-30m more per year? If so, where do you think they can grow the revenue?
That's not for me to determine to be honest. That's upto the people spending circa £200m to take control.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:29 pm

NottsClaret wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:26 pm
I've no strong views on the takeover - or indeed football - at the moment. But could someone explain to me what 'investment' means in the context of buying a club. In normal life, and a normal business, it would simply mean putting some cash into something in the hope of reaping an increased sum in the future.

Now if we're running a very tight ship at Burnley, which apparently we are, and we've already got the huge TV revenue on tap.. then where's the room for any 'investment' to make an even greater return? We've been in the top flight for 5 seasons now, we're carrying a bare minimum squad and we don't sign players anymore. And we're still just about doing better than breaking even.

Unless it's 'sign loads of really brilliant young players nobody else has seen and then sell them for zillions' I don't really understand what's in it for an investor.
You need to generate more to spend more. Last week we announced our latest lucrative sponsorship deal with a property developer from Padiham. I'm not knocking it but we are a Premier League club. You would hope we would become commercially a lot better than we are.
This user liked this post: FeedTheArf

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:34 pm

NottsClaret wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:26 pm

When the Arabs got City and started throwing their millions i genuinelly couldn't see how they would be able to make any money on it. As it happens they have grown that brand to a point where any potential sale now would see them make a very nice profit. 200m is nothing these days for a PL club, if they could even double our worth and have some success with us they've done their job.

Also just to add, a querter of the planet watches the PL week in week out. There is your potential for growth right there. Its not about how big the town is anymore, or how many fans we get on its about growing 'brand Burnley' worldwide. The potential is there.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:42 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:37 pm
I think most fans would be happier if we could just afford a young right back and a good right winger which we needed prior to this season really. By putting things off every transfer window we now have a very ageing squad and a potentially bigger problem.
This just about summarises my thoughts.

The Board have done a fantastic job to date. They’ve run the club as they should, as custodians, prudently securing our future whilst bringing success in the present. I don’t doubt that and I don’t think many others do.

I would prefer we remained in local ownership and prior to the takeover rumours had no desire whatsoever to see the current Chairman or Board go.

That said, I don’t think the excellent work in many areas over many years should make them infallible to some criticism, and certainly we have a few areas where we have underperformed. Investment in the first team has been neglected - right back and right wing. We should have addressed those areas, and well before Covid struck. But having been impacted, we should either have found a way to make the investment required or more innovative solutions (like loanee’s). So that’s a frustration for me, but I can’t see why it would be a controversial view. It doesn’t detract from other excellent aspects.

I’m excited about this ALK situation which is strange since I know nothing about them and usually I’d be worried in such a situation. On the face of things, I can’t see how they will offer more financial wherewithal than the existing owners. That said, if it turns out they do, and this isn’t just driven by MG/JB’s retirement planning, credit should also go to them for finding a buyer that can sustain/develop our existing foundation. Perhaps that will be their best work for the club.

Sproggy
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by Sproggy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:10 pm

Our trajectory under Garlick's stewardship is now downwards. Whatever strategy we had around player acquisition and transfer has been abandoned for cash in the bank and now that's apparently gone too. The last two or three (five, six?) transfer windows have been negligent in terms of the first team squad.

So, whatever the takeover brings, it will at least make a change from the death by a thousand cuts we're currently being subjected to.
These 2 users liked this post: winsomeyen mill hill claret

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:15 pm

Sproggy wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:10 pm
Our trajectory under Garlick's stewardship is now downwards. Whatever strategy we had around player acquisition and transfer has been abandoned for cash in the bank and now that's apparently gone too. The last two or three (five, six?) transfer windows have been negligent in terms of the first team squad.

So, whatever the takeover brings, it will at least make a change from the death by a thousand cuts we're currently being subjected to.

Where do you think we would have been without the cash in the bank to fall back on ?

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:43 pm

In comparison to our takeover, have the Venky's made a big loss on their takeover of Rovers?

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:50 pm

I think people are looking at the takeover the wrong way,

They could increase turnover of the company by pushing the club into the American market similar to what the Arabs did with Man City.

Football is very much on the up in the US with it being the one of the only sports where demand is actually increasing. This is stated to be one of the reasons Ryan Renolds is investing in Wrexham. I imagine we will start to see pre season tours to America as well as setting up a number of football academy’s over there similar to what Man City did.

This article gives a good insight into why Americans want to invest in soccer

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bloo ... nal-sports
These 3 users liked this post: mill hill claret Juan Tanamera Juan Tanamera

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:59 pm

ewanrob wrote:
Lets hope these charecters get the opportunity to show rewards for their efforts, they must have been thinking what's the point when the board had no intention of strenghing the squad. I hope for the sake of Garlicks reputation and the future of BFC that a sale goes through, if not we will be stuck with what we have got and a manager who will walk in May

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:05 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:15 pm
Where do you think we would have been without the cash in the bank to fall back on ?
Where do you think we would be heading by standing still in future transfer windows?

Income streams in EPL 120mill, in the championship 12 Mill. Crazy to standstill like Garlick has done in the last couple of windows when he has a manager of Dyches quality and experience at the helm, total negligence

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:06 pm

Top Claret wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:05 pm
Where do you think we would be heading by standing still in future transfer windows?

Income streams in EPL 120mill, in the championship 12 Mill. Crazy to standstill like Garlick has done in the last couple of windows when he has a manager of Dyches quality and experience at the helm, total negligence

You managed to avoid answering

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:24 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:50 pm
I think people are looking at the takeover the wrong way,

They could increase turnover of the company by pushing the club into the American market similar to what the Arabs did with Man City.

Football is very much on the up in the US with it being the one of the only sports where demand is actually increasing. This is stated to be one of the reasons Ryan Renolds is investing in Wrexham. I imagine we will start to see pre season tours to America as well as setting up a number of football academy’s over there similar to what Man City did.

This article gives a good insight into why Americans want to invest in soccer

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bloo ... nal-sports

"They could increase turnover of the company by"....hopefully not doubling season ticket prices.....yikes could you imagine the fallout if that happened

Sproggy

Post by Sproggy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:45 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:15 pm
A big bank balance might have suited the Chairman's aspirations to sell the club but it has knackered any succession plans we might have had for our first team squad. In terms of where we would have been....how about in a position not to worry about having to replace players like James Tarkowski or Dwight McNeil because their replacements had already been in the building for 12 or 18 months?

jtv
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Post by jtv » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:50 pm

Sproggy wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:45 pm
A big bank balance might have suited the Chairman's aspirations to sell the club but it has knackered any succession plans we might have had for our first team squad. In terms of where we would have been....how about in a position not to worry about having to replace players like James Tarkowski or Dwight McNeil because their replacements had already been in the building for 12 or 18 months?
And we pay their wages and meet commitments with.......?

Sproggy

Post by Sproggy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:57 pm

Money.

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1099 times

Post by bfcmik » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:57 pm

Sproggy wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:10 pm

I'd like to remind everyone that, despite the difficult start we have had to this season, and despite the lack of transfer activity over the summer, we are currently NOT in the relegation places and still have a game in hand on the rest of the bottom half of the PL. Some tough fixtures to come in the next few matches but the season is only finished, and totaled up, when all the tough fixtures and easier fixtures are all completed.
This user liked this post: Leisure

COBBLE
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 466 times

Post by COBBLE » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:03 pm

I would expect a lot of attention to developing our women's 'soccer' team potential.

Also get used to the adjective 'outstanding,' along with terms like hood, fender, trunk, tire and toe-mate-ose.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:09 pm

Rumour going around it's a 200 million deal ,done and dusted .