ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
PremierLeagueClass
Been Liked: 584 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Re: ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

Post by PremierLeagueClass » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:50 pm

The board certainly has gone downhill due to a minority of posters. It’s the same with social media. Outside of my friends and family I stay away from it wherever possible. Toxic.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 673 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:51 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:17 pm
I think because the whole thing seems to have been tantalisingly close to completion for most of last week and short of a formal announcement was apparently done and dusted, people have got very giddy, especially as every time you click on this thread right now you expect there to be the post which says TAKEOVER COMPLETE! And now sadly, we get hints that all may not be well! Impatience makes people fractious, unfortunately!
This pretty much sums up what has happened the last few days.

I think we’re all a bit frustrated but it really doesn’t help when you get some sarcastic smart ar*** calling people out because they don’t know and can’t tell them the exact time the takeover will complete.
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

claret54
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 262 times

Post by claret54 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:09 pm

Let's just wait. If it happens we will be told. Let's concentrate on the Arsenal game. Good chance to beat those Gooners. I've got special interest in this match. Two grandsons are Gooners. And also in daughter in law(different family) who was brought up in an Arsenal family but wore her Claret shirt at the Emirates three years ago. UTC UTC

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Post by bfcmik » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:17 pm

No deal is complete until it is complete. There can be no predictions of when it may be done because no-one can say when every item will finally prove agreeable to both/all parties and their legal teams.

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 727 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:26 pm

:roll: (sigh)

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 727 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:35 pm

Best ignoring the comment and staying out of it guys. Let nature take its course and don't prolong the problem.

dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Post by dpinsussex » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:15 pm

bfcmik wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:17 pm
No deal is complete until it is complete. There can be no predictions of when it may be done because no-one can say when every item will finally prove agreeable to both/all parties and their legal teams.
But at least we made it to page 98 yeeehaaaw

Claret Toni
Been Liked: 156 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by Claret Toni » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:23 pm

dpinsussex wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:15 pm

But at least we made it to page 98 yeeehaaaw
Ah Yes - Page 98, at last we get back to the point of this thread. ;)
These 2 users liked this post: dpinsussex Zlatan

cblantfanclub
Been Liked: 118 times
Has Liked: 306 times

Post by cblantfanclub » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:27 pm

This board has certainly gone downhill which is a shame. One of the problems I think is certain posters seem to want to reply to everything and if some one responds to their post they must reply and just don't let anything drop.
Make your point and move on you don't need to challenge everything. Someone said I was an idiot many pages back I'd made my point no need to take up many pages trying to defend it. it's a message board move on it really isn't important - lets get back to this being one of the best boards on the net.
This user liked this post: tiger76

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:16 pm

Hedontplayforyou wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:07 pm
What on earth is going on, both with the takeover and with the people on this board?
Frustration, however this is a message board for fans of Burnley FC who you would like to think want the same thing and have something in common or why be here in the first place? What seem to have happened, is it's become a haven for keyboard warriors, and the mods are now having to moderate an open forum of global personalities and egos with other wants and needs other than our beloved club. I only see this going 1 way which after being on both CM and UTC I for one will be dismayed that so called Clarets fans have caused this, and communication to other Clarets fans outside of our immediate friends group is severed due to a few idiots.
These 2 users liked this post: tiger76 Vintage Claret

clarethomer
Been Liked: 944 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:29 pm

I got a bit too involved at times on the politics threads following a group of posters just acting in a pack against other posters.

I took a decision to withdraw from the posts when I realised what impact it was having on the wider board and I am glad they have stopped as it was just clear that no-one would recognise anyone else's views. Since the implementation of the ban, I have noticed a lack of posters on any other type of post so it was clear that they were only on here to talk about politics and the final nail in the coffin for me was when someone didn't even realise we were playing that day when questioned why this was being discussed on a match day.

Likewise, there are people on here who appear to be very tribal (towards or against certain posters) and are prepared to brown nose/jump all over someone else dependent on who it is and it reminds me of the old clique phrase of clarets mad.

Doesn't help that you can't always tell the tone of what someone is saying through the words they write and likewise, as someone reading what has been typed, your mindset can affect how you take something.

If you have had a bad day, or a stressful day for example - all it takes is an innocent remark read incorrectly and meltdown.

Really not worth engaging on the board at times, so I do find myself just reading what is going on and then leaving to get on with something else..
These 2 users liked this post: NewClaret BOYSIE31

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32369 times
Has Liked: 5268 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:39 pm

This thread is for discussing the potential takeover. Can we keep it to that please?
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretAL tiger76

Longtimeclaret
Been Liked: 48 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by Longtimeclaret » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:43 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:29 pm
I got a bit too involved at times on the politics threads following a group of posters just acting in a pack against other posters.

I took a decision to withdraw from the posts when I realised what impact it was having on the wider board and I am glad they have stopped as it was just clear that no-one would recognise anyone else's views. Since the implementation of the ban, I have noticed a lack of posters on any other type of post so it was clear that they were only on here to talk about politics and the final nail in the coffin for me was when someone didn't even realise we were playing that day when questioned why this was being discussed on a match day.

Likewise, there are people on here who appear to be very tribal (towards or against certain posters) and are prepared to brown nose/jump all over someone else dependent on who it is and it reminds me of the old clique phrase of clarets mad.

Doesn't help that you can't always tell the tone of what someone is saying through the words they write and likewise, as someone reading what has been typed, your mindset can affect how you take something.

If you have had a bad day, or a stressful day for example - all it takes is an innocent remark read incorrectly and meltdown.

Really not worth engaging on the board at times, so I do find myself just reading what is going on and then leaving to get on with something else..
I find myself in agreement with a good degree of the sentiments expressed here.I mostly browse, as opposed to post.Assuming we reach a successful conclusion , and it’s ALK, ,the transfer window should be more interesting and hopefully rewarding than of late .

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:44 pm

How likely will the deal be done this week?

ClaretAL

Post by ClaretAL » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:44 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:39 pm
This thread is for discussing the potential takeover. Can we keep it to that please?
Fair point apologies.

This time next week we could be all rubbing our hands at a wishful potential busy January

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 4017 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:42 pm

With all the falling out, I think it has been missed that the deal is stalling. I've no idea where the information has come from, some posting its done others saying it's not. Is anyone in a position to provide further?

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1766 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:39 am

clarethomer wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:29 pm

At the mention of the clique on Clarets Mad....

Interesting word is clique. You will find it in the Oxford English Dictionary between Climax and Clitoris

Those who were around back then will know the author of that particular gem of a comment.
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan Claret Till I Die

mkmel
Been Liked: 1270 times
Has Liked: 2246 times

Post by mkmel » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:00 am

So far I have only managed to find Clique and Climax.....

I have yet to find the other one
This user liked this post: Zlatan

jtv
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Post by jtv » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:14 am

mkmel wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:00 am

Try Braille

Herts Clarets
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:20 am

jtv wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:14 am
Try Braille
You'll find that is several pages before what Mel is looking for :D

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5070 times
Has Liked: 6841 times

Post by bfcjg » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:27 am

Our business model is to not pay over inflated transfer fees, ALK's business model would appear to be not to pay over inflated prices for assets, which makes sense for both parties, how near they are to meeting is the crux. We appear to have stabilised on the pitch plus spectators coming back albeit slowly has this stiffened the boards resolve?

IWOODLOVETT
Been Liked: 495 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:45 am

mkmel wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:00 am

Try the opposite sex. 😉

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3084 times
Has Liked: 3805 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:54 am

Any further news on the "hold up" CT?

Definitely doesn't seem that Friday was D-Day now :?

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:13 am

claretblue wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:47 pm
'...Derby could yet lure him from this decaying Burnley side given the right offer...'

bit disrespectful...decaying?!#!? :?
If we’re decaying then what the hell are Derby?

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:19 am

Targetman wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:11 pm
Yes I have read this thread, particularly where you keep saying that that you won't post on the subject again.

Seems you have to keep coming back with more little teasers, perhaps in the hope that eventually you can say....."told you so"...

Like I said - laws of averages!
What is your issue? This place is pathetic

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2349 times
Has Liked: 3177 times

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:56 am

Following two paragraphs included in today's The Times, on-line edition, part of post-match observations by Martin Hardy.

"Sometimes it is worth remembering starting points. Burnley were 14th in the Championship when Dyche succeeded Eddie Howe in 2012. He signed a two-and-a-half year contract. Sometimes relationships just work. Even the off-field rumbles that have played out this year, with the manager upset at a perceived lack of boardroom backing, could be offset by potential takeover in January.

"A would-be-buyer will find a club on the turn, tapping into old, rich seams of energy and endeavour but touched with blossoming young flair. McNeil, Brady and Brownhill changed the pattern of Burnley’s midfield, and they were better for it. Similarly, both goalkeepers were excellent, which will have offered great encouragement to Gareth Southgate, who watched from the director’s box."

I've added the underlines where the "potential takeover" is referenced.

These two paras (and a little more) are missing from print edition. It may simply be that they were cut for lack of space, nothing more.

Does it mean anything that Martin Hardy has written that the a "potential takeover" may take place in January, rather than this month? Is this an indication that a timetable has slipped back?

Looking for other clues to what's going on, I look at the performance of the team and Sean Dyche's demeanour. The team is performing better - I'll quote the full Times article on another post (because it should be seen separate from the takeover). Sean Dyche's manner appears a lot more "relaxed" - perhaps because he's seeing the team get back to where he wants them to be, performance wise, perhaps because he's spoken with ALK and knows what the future holds , or (to cover all the possibilities) perhaps because he's due to receive his performance bonus in the next few weeks, though personally I'm going for the good performances and good news coming. That's what comes from being a Claret, I guess.

UTC
This user liked this post: jrtod61

claptrappers_union
Has Liked: 353 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:07 am

"Sean Dyche's manner appears a lot more "relaxed" - perhaps because he's seeing the team get back to where he wants them to be, performance-wise, perhaps because he's spoken with ALK and knows what the future holds"

I think Dyche has been professional throughout, he's shown frustration as he's only human, I'd be more worried if he was all smiley to be honest - but at the end of the day, the position in the Premier League table is HIS responsibility and if he hasn't been given the funds, for whatever reason, to maintain or improve the quality of the team, I think its only fair for him to be a little bit narked off.

However, I think knows more than he is letting on and is probably more involved with the plans that the potential new owners want to achieve. He'll probably be out-of-the-loop though in regards to the current progress because it's not his place to interfere.
This user liked this post: mill hill claret

clarethomer
Been Liked: 944 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:04 pm

I think the potential takeover is the perfect description for the situation we are in.

We really don't know anything concrete to where it is, other than we are in talks and as we are seeing negotiations are fraught with complexity and opportunities to no complete.

If we didn't have 98 pages of people commentating on this and people getting snippets of information, we would all be saying the same thing - there is a potential takeover in play. It's only because we have CT, DJW and others who have their sources feeding information - often as complete as they can provide at the moment in time, this gives hope and suggestion that something has, or is about to happen.

It's not a reflection on the posters sharing this information when I say this but you do have to accept that the only time anyone can say anything is concrete is when all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed and we have had the official communication.

Try not to guess, what is going on, or if you are, recognise that this is all it is and there are likely several other things that could be happening that we don't know about which means your guess isn't right.

I enjoy the speculation personally but I can see too many people on here hang on peoples words too much
This user liked this post: bfcmik

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:23 pm

Back to the topic and the two core ITK protagonists. What we now have is an interesting position....
CT, using a source he himself has referred to at one point, so we should gather it’s reliability, saying it’s stalled
DJW, with sources unknown saying its done

Only one can be right, though there IS space for maneuvering
CT can say “no announcement because it was stalled but now it isn’t”
DJW has less space to maneuver unless he can say WHY it’s not announced

Next move is to DJW I would suggest, if he is good on his conviction, or stay silent if not.....And in the latter case the ITK winner would be CT

Too early for popcorn?

ClaretAL

Post by ClaretAL » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:38 pm

It will be done when CT releases his article, and BFC announce it. Until that happens there is no point trying to stir up a cauldron, it will be done when its done, and nothing you read on here is going to make any difference to that, so no point worrying about it.
Last edited by ClaretAL on Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: dpinsussex

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2757 times
Has Liked: 4318 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:25 pm

I'll drink to that..
This user liked this post: ClaretAL

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:25 pm

make mine a half
These 2 users liked this post: randomclaret2 ClaretAL

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:06 pm

My glass is half empty and nothing said here tells me otherwise

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2595 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:14 pm

I preferred the Shackleton/Ingleby non-takeover.

bodge
Been Liked: 729 times
Has Liked: 475 times

Post by bodge » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:17 pm

There is a third source who appears sensible I would like to hear from and that is Ben Wickes, to see what his take is on where we're up to.

Terrier
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 124 times

Post by Terrier » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_pfnLybg

Thought a song may calm you all

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2003 times
Has Liked: 3332 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:40 pm

bodge wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:17 pm
There is a third source who appears sensible I would like to hear from and that is Ben Wickes, to see what his take is on where we're up to.
And for all the squabbling on here Ben Wickes has always seemed to genuinely know rather more than most so I'm slightly alarmed he's gone very quiet.

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 986 times
Has Liked: 1659 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:45 pm

This whole thing makes no sense to me

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:47 pm

BleedingClaret wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:45 pm
Who are you? Oh I know Mr Gullable

BleedingClaret

Post by BleedingClaret » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:49 pm

Top Claret wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:47 pm
Who are you? Oh I know Mr Gullable
Your reply to my post makes absolutely no sense to me

BleedingClaret

Post by BleedingClaret » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:51 pm

BleedingClaret wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:45 pm
For clarity I was referring to the takeover in general and not your post

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by Nonayforever » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:08 pm

We all know a takeover is being negotiated. We all know ( more or less ) who the parties are. We all know the deal is more or less done. Absolutely everyone involved will want it concluded before the transfer window opens.
The bits we don't know are the source of the funds. If i was one of the money men, i would, in the knowledge that my mind and everyone else's mind is made up on the investment, keep stalling for a bit better deal untill the last moment. The deal isn't going away but the terms may get better.
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 4017 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:47 pm

Nonayforever wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:08 pm
We all know a takeover is being negotiated. We all know ( more or less ) who the parties are. We all know the deal is more or less done. Absolutely everyone involved will want it concluded before the transfer window opens.
The bits we don't know are the source of the funds. If i was one of the money men, i would, in the knowledge that my mind and everyone else's mind is made up on the investment, keep stalling for a bit better deal untill the last moment. The deal isn't going away but the terms may get better.
Perhaps optimistic, but can imagine someone somewhere has tried to negotiate slightly better terms and the other party has not been too happy with that. I wish they would just agree and get it finalised.

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by scouseclaret » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:26 pm

It’s beginning to sound a lot like Brexit....

Dazzler
Been Liked: 875 times
Has Liked: 2332 times

Post by Dazzler » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:03 pm

About 45 minutes ago I saw a convoy of very expensive looking motors coming out of Stockbridge Drive (Gawthorpe)

Significant?

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5070 times
Has Liked: 6841 times

Post by bfcjg » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:05 pm

Dazzler wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:03 pm
About 45 minutes ago I saw a convoy of very expensive looking motors coming out of Stockbridge Drive (Gawthorpe)

Significant?
Top Gear in town ?

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6947 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:06 pm

Dazzler wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:03 pm

Significant?
Could have been Farnell with his Charlton-gifted Range Rover fleet.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:08 pm

Christmas Party

Gawthorpe.jpg
Gawthorpe.jpg (272.87 KiB) Viewed 2888 times
This user liked this post: Wokingclaret

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2757 times
Has Liked: 4318 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:17 pm

Is that Mr Pace in the doorway, " viewing local property " ?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:19 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:17 pm
Is that Mr Pace in the doorway, " viewing local property " ?
I remember back in the 1980s, Granada interviewed Tommy Hutchison there. At the end of the interview, he turned, pointed at Gawthorpe Hall and said he'd better go, the wife had his tea ready.
These 3 users liked this post: randomclaret2 Wokingclaret mill hill claret