Burnley 2nd Highest Daily Covid Rate

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
WadingInDeeper
Been Liked: 155 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Re: Burnley 2nd Highest Daily Covid Rate

Post by WadingInDeeper » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:18 pm

A bit of a sniffle for children, possibly not so bad for their parents assuming they are not badly overweight and are healthy, but potentially far worse for the grandparents they may pass it on to (the people we know who have died with covid-19 have all been elderly). Those grandparents have probably got used to their basic human right to have a life.

Schools and colleges have now had 6 months to ensure if a class is sent home there is no disruption to their education. Our youngest's school had this sorted before schools were shut, another child's college also had this sorted pretty much straight away. Neither child had any significant disruption.

What about lecturers? Do they not have a right to work in safe conditions?

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1644 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:37 pm

WadingInDeeper wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:03 pm
I'm not sure yet which of my liberties they have stolen.
Saw a tweet early from Sophie Ridge, Sky political interviewer.

She went into a cafe and had to write down her mobile number for track and trace (not a QR code). The waiter looked at it and he joked about calling her later.

Men may joke and that guy may or may not have been making an innocent joke but that will feel very oppressive for some people, particularly young women. It’s a good example of where the government may have gone too far in removing our liberties, in this case our right to privacy.

Personally I won’t be leaving my mobile number anywhere, nor will I be downloading the app (I don’t want to spend a week in fear of developing symptoms if I happen to have walked past someone in a street who has tested positive, whereas if a friend who I spent time indoors with tested positive, I would of course self isolate because the chances of me getting it are far higher). I view the former example as another way in which liberties have been removed too far by forcing self isolation in very low risk instances.

What I will be doing though is respecting other people by keeping a distance, wearing a mask in enclosed public spaces, and not having more than 6 of us in a group. Personal responsibility is very important and I wouldn’t support those not doing their bit, but neither do I think we should go too far.
This user liked this post: tiger76

Wellsy1882
Been Liked: 247 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by Wellsy1882 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:01 pm

https://mol.im/a/8775451

Brilliant. Too many spineless people afraid to stick it to the government

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:06 pm

Wellsy1882 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:01 pm
https://mol.im/a/8775451

Brilliant. Too many spineless people afraid to stick it to the government
That’s idiotic.

I would like to see everyone who claims 5G is the cause of Covid have all their technology confiscated to see if they are now immune from it. Fu#ktard belms
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:12 pm

Yep. ******* morons.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:20 pm

covid2.png
covid2.png (288.07 KiB) Viewed 1272 times

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 2894 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:31 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:37 pm

She went into a cafe and had to write down her mobile number for track and trace (not a QR code). The waiter looked at it and he joked about calling her later.
Whilst I think this aptly falls under the #thingsthatdidntreallyhappen I hope she reported this to management. It’s not funny.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:33 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:20 pm
covid2.png
I saw that on social media. I did chuckle when it stated “no underlying health conditions” and you watch the video and he’s clearly obese - which is a major risk factor. Still, the message is right so fair play for raising it.

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:36 pm

Inchy wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:40 pm
Last time when we had loads of admissions to ICU most none urgent surgery was cancelled. This led to spare ICU beds to help deal with the covid admissions.

NHS England directed all elective operations to cease back in March/April. This was done because many elective ops end up with the patients requiring ICU post op due to comorbidities and intra op/ post op complications

This had a inevitable knock on effect. Some elective surgery may not be seen as urgent but complications can arise by delaying. Removing a gallbladder due to stones can be seen as non urgent. But if one of the stone dislodge and become obstructive, this can lead to pancreatitis, a very serious issue. Since surgery restarted Surgeons have been going fill tilt to clear the back log. This means many ICUs are full already, before any new covid cases.

Quite a few ICU nurses have left critical care due to the distress/ discomfort of the last outbreak. (13 hours in full aerosol generating PPE is hard work but good for weight loss/renal failure). This also effects capacity.

The dilemma will be do they stop none urgent surgery again? To do so will hopefully clear beds but will
continue to have a long term knock effect.

It’s a difficult situation and I’m glad I don’t have to make those decisions. I think the nightingales will be utilised this time round.
Thank you for your post, great to hear from someone on the front line who actually sees what’s going on. I was accused on the original thread of being a doomsday sayer. Saying it was worse than it was. It’s about to get very real and serious for a lot of people. I wish them all the best of luck.
This user liked this post: joey13

WadingInDeeper
Been Liked: 155 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by WadingInDeeper » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:41 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
It’s a good example of where the government may have gone too far in removing our liberties, in this case our right to privacy.

Personally I won’t be leaving my mobile number anywhere, nor will I be downloading the app (I don’t want to spend a week in fear of developing symptoms if I happen to have walked past someone in a street who has tested positive, whereas if a friend who I spent time indoors with tested positive, I would of course self isolate because the chances of me getting it are far higher). I view the former example as another way in which liberties have been removed too far by forcing self isolation in very low risk instances.
That's a good point, and they are the things that crossed my mind before downloading the app.

Then I realised that, like most people I'm already happy to give those details out, and if anyone was desperate to track me they already can. How many people pre-covid left their personal details creating profiles online, using google maps, buying a ticket for football etc, making a booking at a restaurant, booking ahead to get discount at theme parks etc, sharing photos and details of everything on snapchat/instagram/Facebook. If I do go in a restaurant they usually already have my details.

Regarding the app itself, I was concerned about what happens if you simply walk past someone who had tested positive, then I read about how it worked. The main thing for me was we do sometimes have to spend time close to others for work, if someone was at risk and had to isolate, the earlier we know the less likely to have a drastic effect on the company.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:43 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:36 pm
Thank you for your post, great to hear from someone on the front line who actually sees what’s going on. I was accused on the original thread of being a doomsday sayer. Saying it was worse than it was. It’s about to get very real and serious for a lot of people. I wish them all the best of luck.
Exactly,after being in Southampton hospital yesterday and hearing about some of stories from nurses about what’s happening now ,and then reading some of the crap posted on here by deniers beggars belief

Wellsy1882
Been Liked: 247 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by Wellsy1882 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:07 pm

Ther trying to take your freedom gradually.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:21 pm

Wellsy1882 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:07 pm
Ther trying to take your freedom gradually.
Tru and i've eard it starts ith your spelling

Claretincraven
Been Liked: 130 times
Has Liked: 55 times

Post by Claretincraven » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:43 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Saw a tweet early from Sophie Ridge, Sky political interviewer.

Men may joke and that guy may or may not have been making an innocent joke but that will feel very oppressive for some people, particularly young women. It’s a good example of where the government may have gone too far in removing our liberties, in this case our right to privacy.

What I will be doing though is respecting other people by keeping a distance, wearing a mask in enclosed public spaces, and not having more than 6 of us in a group. Personal responsibility is very important and I wouldn’t support those not doing their bit, but neither do I think we should go too far.
I do not think you understand how the app works. You have to spend 15 minutes within 2m of someone to get a message once they test positive. Walking past them in the street would not trigger a message. Have a look at the app. You have to reach a trigger point before being messaged, if it is a low risk circumstance you wouldn't be contacted.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:18 pm

For those who don't think cases are on the rise, this should serve as a wake-up call, yes many will experience mild symptoms it's true, but there is a small number who will be severely ill if they should be unfortunate enough to contract the virus, and it's those cases that we need to keep to an absolute minimum, otherwise the NHS will be stretched, and it won't just be CV patients that are impacted, it will lead to other operations and treatments being delayed, which sadly in some cases could prove fatal.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/latest-weekly ... 5517.html

UnderSeige
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 833 times

Post by UnderSeige » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:44 pm

XYZ Hypothesis:
"As I hopefully made clear in my videos, making a clear point about NY being down to a few hundred new cases per day, that SARS2 doesn’t go away.

It’s now endemic.

Which means the responsible course of action is to treat it that way. Now that we’ve got to just live with it, what does that mean?

For countries like NZ that have stopped it cold, their future is one of eternal vigilance and excessive contact tracing and quarantine for every suspected case. Let that guard down for too many minutes and the honey badger virus will escape and rampage.

But once it’s done that? Well, the XYZ hypothesis suggests that the main damage has been done. Not *all* of the damage, mind you – people are still being killed and maimed by this hungry beast – but the worst wave is now behind you.

At least for a while. We still don’t know how long immunity lasts or whether the fall & winter will bring more favorable conditions for renewed spread and all of that.

But as the data stands, across multiple countries the pattern is case, case, case, cluster, cluster, BOOM, tail off and away.

So the best response after the first wave would be to spend all our efforts on shielding the vulnerable, working out the best ‘terrain boosting regimen’ and continuing to hone the treatments for the afflicted.

For the ‘long haulers’ SARS2 is this generation’s polio.

For the rest of us it’s the return of malaria to every location, swampy and hot as well as cold and dry.
Chris Martenson

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:20 am

Sadly now top spot apparently with over 1 in 500 infected (>200/100000)

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:34 pm

Regular UK lockdowns could help control Covid, says Sage expert

One of the government’s scientific advisers has said repeated “mini lockdowns” could be effective as a tool to bring Covid-19 cases under control.

The suggestion from Professor John Edmunds, a member of the government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), comes amid growing evidence the virus’s prevalence is growing among older, more vulnerable people.

The government has so far decided against a so-called “circuit breaker” – effectively a two-week mini national lockdown – that had been advocated by some scientists.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... oronavirus

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:43 am

It’s all OK now... we can mask up properly...

I wasn’t sure whether to post this here or on the jokes and memes thread

https://nerdist.com/article/microclimat ... on-helmet/