This board

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Jenny55
Been Liked: 63 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Re: This board

Post by Jenny55 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:07 am

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:15 pm
I think the position we find ourselves in is absolutely appalling considering we’ve been a PL club for 6 years. The blame lies at the door of one man and it’s not Dyche.

I have never seen a club look so desperate to return to the Championship, our bench today has to be the worst bench in PL history, how can you excuse leaving our greatest ever manager so woefully short?

Also if Tarkowski isn’t injured and trying to force a move, F**k him too!!
I hope Tarkowski isn’t repeating his Brentford antics too. If he gets his move and doubles his wages then good luck to him. However, if he is fit and not playing, that is bang out of order. If he had been in the side last night we may have got at least a point. As Sean says, “fine margins”.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1485 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:20 am

Get a grip!two games in an we are relegated
We had chances to win penalty shout and a very dodgy offside on Chris
Saints were as bad scoring 1 goal
To listen to local Southampton media they are now Europa league calibre
We had 8 first teamers out
Re subs I would have subbed Dale for Eric at half time but things will get better next week no doubt UTC
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:49 am

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:56 pm
We knew Lennon Hart and Hendrick were leaving months ago. Cork and Mee have been injured since before the transfer window opened. Barnes hasn’t played since when? January? Brady and Gudmundsson can’t stay fit and haven’t produced since when?

You’re making excuses but when that transfer window opened we were desperately short, we remain desperately short....
Yes, we're short, mainly through injuries though, not lack of signings. There is also plenty of the window still left to bring people in. See the press today for players we may bring in.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6477 times
Has Liked: 2908 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:49 am

Woodleyclaret wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:20 am
Re subs I would have subbed Dale for Eric at half time but things will get better next week no doubt UTC
Their manager at full time was hilarious,it put the Ferguson/Kidd celebration when they won the league back in the day into the shade,running up and down the touchline when you have beaten little old Burnley in an absolutely shite game was embarrassing. 😕
This user liked this post: Woodleyclaret

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:27 am

Is this correct from last year?

Total income: £137m

Expense:
Wages: £87m
Running costs: £17m

Profit: £35m

Player trading loss: -£30m

Total Profit last season: £5m.

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:45 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:27 am
Is this correct from last year?

Total income: £137m

Expense:
Wages: £87m
Running costs: £17m

Profit: £35m

Player trading loss: -£30m

Total Profit last season: £5m.
Sort of, but if you are trying to get an idea of what we might have to spend int his window you have to look at other areas of the balance sheet.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... download=0

Page 14 shows an account of our cash flow

We generated 33.724m from operating activities ( money earned ), before tax. After the taxman got his grubby hands on our gains that was reduced to 26.222m.

We spent 32.465m on players ( intangible assets ). That figure isn't just the money spent on transfers last year. It also includes money owed from previous transfers that was due last year.

In the same period we received 19.422m from the sale of players. Once again, that figure applies to money that came in directly from sales and outstanding money owed to us from previous transfers that was due.

We also spent 5.918m on fixed assets, probably the new stand.

After a couple of other deductions our net increase in cash and equivalents was 7.235m which was added to our existing dry powder stash of 34.412m. That brought our dry powder up to 41.647m

Next we look at our trading account on page 10

When the last accounts were posted we had debtors of 24.220m ( money owed to us by other clubs ) that will become payable in the future.

In terms of the money we will be required to pay our creditors, in the year after the last accounts were published, that figure is 46.158m. That gives us net current assets of 20.123m. However, after paying that money we will still owe our creditors a further 8.710m in subsequent years.

Taking all of that onboard we aren't as rich as some people think, even with all the money coming in from our seat at the top table.

The important thing to remember is that the last set of accounts show a snapshot of our finances at the time of posting and things don't stop. During that time and now we will have paid out wages and we will also receive our TV money and league position award, in addition to any new sponsorships.

However, Covid and the absence of fan attendance will have had an impact on our normal revenue.

So to summarise our position, we are stable, but not awash with cash by any means. We certainly aren't in a position to be spending 10-15m+ on players that might not work out.

Given the state of our finances if our target list consisted of players in that range somebody made a grave error in their thinking. Which is why I'm personally annoyed that we didn't appear to be in for any of the quality young players that went for less than 5m in this window of opportunity.

I think the only domestic players left that fit that criteria are at QPR. The contract talks with Manning have stalled and Warburton appears to be refusing to put any players that haven't demonstrated a commitment to staying with the club into their team. With his contract ending next year that would mark him out as a 3m player in my books.

Osayo-Samuel is in a similar position, but contract talks between him and QPR are continuing so he is still in the team mix. Eliasson at Bristol might be another one. I don't think either of them are suited to what we really need, but they might fit our price range and at this late stage in the window beggars can't be choosers.

Given their finances, along with the recent purchase of the training ground from Wigan ( and more importantly the restrictions of FFP ) I still think Preston will have to sell someone in this window to cover their ongoing costs and their Covid shortfall. Their owner has money to put into the club. but FFP means he can only do so much.

I could be wrong, but the way I see it we should have been chasing after quality young players with development potential ( at prices around the 5m mark ) instead of EPL ready players and high value youngsters like Wilson in this window. We definitely couldn't afford to let a player like Hendrick leave for nothing or place ourselves in a position were Brady could do the same thing next year.

Our recruitment team might not have been given an exact transfer expenditure figure to work off in this window, but a look at our accounts, player trading creditors / debtors and wage bill should have been enough to put them in the right ballpark regarding what we could afford to spend on players. That information should have been the key driving factor behind the formulation of our target short list and if it wasn't then we seriously ****** things up.

bartons baggage
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 541 times

Post by bartons baggage » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:57 pm

Dinks wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:02 pm
All the success.all the good times,we lose two games and this board is going to go into meltdown blaming Garlick,Dyche,the players,the tea ladies let them get on with it keep calm,its best to not log in if you have nothing positive to say about the club,i think thid forum is best avoided for a few days....night lads,enjoy yourselves.
I have not been on here for a while.
Nothing has changed the same empty vessels making the most noise.
Claret Tony and his cronies have really let it slip on here.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11027 times
Has Liked: 5642 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:04 pm

Woodleyclaret wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:20 am
Wood fell over
Wood was at least 2 yards offside

but Saints were terrible, if we had our proper team I genuinely think we would have been comfortable winners by 2 or 3 goals

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3154 times
Has Liked: 6742 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:32 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:04 pm
Wood fell over
Wood was at least 2 yards offside

but Saints were terrible, if we had our proper team I genuinely think we would have been comfortable winners by 2 or 3 goals
We spent plenty of time in their half. Should have won, even with our weakened team.
Final ball, and finishing not up to scratch. That's all.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:39 pm

I do wonder sometimes, if there are BFC board members on here sometimes...I'm pretty sure there must be some family members.

Regards

MG