Season ticket refunds?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RedRoseWardrobe
Been Liked: 3 times

Season ticket refunds?

Post by RedRoseWardrobe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:52 am

:o

RedRoseWardrobe

Re: Season ticket refunds?

Post by RedRoseWardrobe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:56 am

Close and delete thread.
Last edited by RedRoseWardrobe on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4831 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:00 am

I'm sure that won't be the case RedRose....yes, they might be holding the money back now, but down the line, they'll surely have no choice. They'll lose fans for life if they take money without providing a product.

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:00 am

I'm sure that won't be the case RedRose....yes, they might be holding the money back now, but down the line, they'll surely have no choice. They'll lose fans for life if they take money without providing a product.

RedRoseWardrobe

Post by RedRoseWardrobe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:07 am

Close and delete
Last edited by RedRoseWardrobe on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wellsy1882
Been Liked: 247 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by Wellsy1882 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:08 am

jdrobbo wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:00 am
Think he got you 1st time pal

RedRoseWardrobe

Post by RedRoseWardrobe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:09 am

Close thread
Last edited by RedRoseWardrobe on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4180 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:09 am

RedRoseWardrobe wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:07 am
It great you have so much faith. Dane the ticket office supervisor did say they will make a future announcement online. The thing that is they haven't refunded last seasons. Their online system didn't work. The points aren't what I need at all. Just checked they've taken this months money too! Above all that and Dane can't even get my name right in his emails.
Did you contact the club last season like others did to ensure they got a refund ? They were always going to take this months payment.

Carport
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 47 times

Post by Carport » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:09 am

Can anyone set out what the options are for those of us with season tickets? I can’t find anything on club site. Assuming at some point in the future we will be able to attend matches, what options are there regarding the credit we will have built up and continue to accrue since initial lockdown?

dushanbe
Been Liked: 396 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by dushanbe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:10 am

RedRoseWardrobe wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:09 am
If you haven't cancelled yet your a fool. There will be no live football.and you're paying for it. The club will wriggle around lie it's a charity and try and in my view steal your money. Clubcard poibts get lost.
I got my refund last year no problem at all, as did everyone else I know, unlucky you didn't. Not concerned in the slightest that they won't refund for games missed this year.
This user liked this post: simonclaret

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:10 am

Wellsy1882 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:08 am
Think he got you 1st time pal
I'm not sure he got me, because he knows full-well that refunds have been sent-out for this season. I am in no doubt that the club will refund (in some way) for games we miss LIVE this season. :-)

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4180 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:12 am

RedRoseWardrobe wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:09 am
If you haven't cancelled yet your a fool. There will be no live football.and you're paying for it. The club will wriggle around lie it's a charity and try and in my view steal your money. Clubcard poibts get lost.

I haven't cancelled this season, I also got my refund last season. I think the foolish ones are those who end up with clubcard points
These 3 users liked this post: dushanbe Bosscat simonclaret

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 852 times
Has Liked: 1094 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:17 am

There was an option to convert points to money for last season’s missed matches. You are entitled to a refund for any matches that could not be provided for you to attend. It’s hard to hear of fellow Clarets hitting hard times. Not sure if the last comment was tongue in cheek but I’m sure any number of people on here would drop you a bag of groceries off. I don’t live in Burnley but would be happy to make an 2 hour round trip with a bag of shopping if means you can eat and there are no other offers from anyone nearer.
This user liked this post: SalisburyClaret

RedRoseWardrobe

Post by RedRoseWardrobe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:32 am

Thank you for the offer of food. At the moment I can borrow money and run up debt in the expectation my circumstances change. I'd love me to not do that. There are foodbanks here if course, places I've volunteered at in the past so I know what to when truly desperate. Putting it simply the co v should not be keeping my money from last year. They should not be continuing to take anyone's money this year. If I am the only one who as fallen foul of their systems it is still wrong. £409 pcm Is a very very small amount to get by on and £27pcm being taken for something I'm not getting and will never get is wrong. Of course I totally understand I deserve no sympathy whatsoever I expect the majority of fans to not give a care and be totally unconcerned at the loss of money. I also expect the club to take an entirely unsympathetic and corporate response. One club? Not, seemingly my club.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1864 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:38 am

Have you only just realised that you hadn't received last years refund?

I know a couple of people that noticed they had been allocated the points after requesting it and had it rectified, however that was just after the deadline passed.

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 852 times
Has Liked: 1094 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:40 am

It looks like it could be March before matches can be attended. I am sure there are complexities but with the greed seen at the top level of football wouldn’t it be nice if the club could just sort you out a refund when you desperately need it. I remember the begging buckets for David Reeves when the club needed funds. Now we are in the PL and awash with money fans are pushed to the side. meanwhile the main concern at the club is preserving the clubs bank balance and Garlick’s share value.
This user liked this post: ClaretnGreen

kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Post by kaptin1 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:45 am

This was the latest communication I received from the club

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/con ... ing-update

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1663 times
Has Liked: 2972 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:49 am

dushanbe wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:10 am
I got my refund last year no problem at all, as did everyone else I know, unlucky you didn't. Not concerned in the slightest that they won't refund for games missed this year.
I didn't get any refund for last season , nor did I get any contact telling me how to (I did get an initial email promising further contact but this never came). I'm unclear about any refund for either the 4 games missed last season or the payments made for this season. I will never cancel my ST so have just been expecting the club to sort me out....maybe I'm naive !
Last edited by Stalbansclaret on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

RedRoseWardrobe

Post by RedRoseWardrobe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:49 am

Yes I have only just realised. My life has done very serious health challenges over the last few years and I've not been efficient with everything. Dane the ticket office supervisor is the epitome of 'computer says no' The message was refunds would take time so I only attended to this this week. I got basically hard luck sucker, have some season card points.. but we will cancel these in 2021 as well! Unsympathetic and corporate. Seemingly same from most but not all so called fellow fans.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:29 am

RedRoseWardrobe wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:49 am
Yes I have only just realised. My life has done very serious health challenges over the last few years and I've not been efficient with everything. Dane the ticket office supervisor is the epitome of 'computer says no' The message was refunds would take time so I only attended to this this week. I got basically hard luck sucker, have some season card points.. but we will cancel these in 2021 as well! Unsympathetic and corporate. Seemingly same from most but not all so called fellow fans.
Be reassured. I believe that virtually every Burnley supporter will have sympathy with you, but when you post stuff on here, there are always likely to a few who question you and make comments that you don't want to hear. (Even they are most likely sympathetic to the situation you find yourself in though - I hope).

Leisure
Been Liked: 3786 times
Has Liked: 12469 times

Post by Leisure » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:51 am

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:49 am
I didn't get any refund for last season , nor did I get any contact telling me how to (I did get an initial email promising further contact but this never came). I'm unclear about any refund for either the 4 games missed last season or the payments made for this season. I will never cancel my ST so have just been expecting the club to sort me out....maybe I'm naive !
This may help -

At the beginning of June, Burnley Football Club began the refund process for those 2019/20 season ticket holders who unfortunately were not able to attend the final four homes games of the Premier League season, due to them being played behind closed doors.

The cash value of the four games to be played behind closed doors was automatically refunded back onto seasoncards in the form of points, allowing supporters the greatest range of options of what they wished to do with their refund value from then on:

Keep the value of points on your seasoncard and redeem them against future Clarets Store or ticket purchases
Donate to Youth Development
Request the points value be transferred into a cash value and paid back onto supporters bank card.
The club deadline of 30th June to choose what you would like to do with your refunded points total has now passed.

If you requested your refund value to either be donated to youth development, or passed back to you as a bank tranfer please be aware that this process has now started and supporters should begin seeing the transfer in their accounts over the coming days/weeks.

If you did not request a bank transfer please remember that the value of the four games you missed will be held on your seasoncards as points. These will not expire until 2021 and will be available to use towards purchases in the Clarets Store or towards a future season ticket*. If you request a card refund payment, these points will be taken off your seasoncard and will no longer be available.

* Please note, teamcard points can only be redeemed towards the cost of an up front payment for season tickets. This option unfortunately is not available on direct debit.

If you didn't ask for/get a refund for the 4 games last season then the value of those games should now be on your Team Card for you to either spend in the club shop or use to offset the price of future cup games or ST.

FAQ’S

I’m a 2020/2021 season ticket holder but am unlikely to attend any matches this season, can I receive a full refund?

Yes, the full refund process will be announced in the coming weeks.

I am a 2020/2021 season ticket holder and will try to attend as many games as I am able to. Will I need to pay anything extra on top of my already paid season ticket price to attend?

No, season ticket holders who are successful in a ticket ballot will not be faced with an additional charge.

If I only attend a small number of games through the season will I be able to use the remaining value of my season ticket to renew for the 2021/2022 season?

Yes, season ticket holders will be given the choice of rolling over any outstanding value of their season ticket to pay for a 2021/2022 season ticket or have it refunded to them at the end of the 2020/2021 season.

Due to the UK lockdown occurring before the earlybird season ticket renewal period ended I didn’t renew my season ticket, will I have the opportunity to do so to allow me to enter the match ballot for 2020/2021 Premier League games?

Yes a short renewal window will open at a date to be confirmed when lapsed 2019/2020 season ticket holders will the opportunity to renew for the 2020/2021 season.

I am not a season ticket holder, will I be able to enter the ballot to attend matches?

Not for the initial games back at Turf Moor. The ballot will be used exclusively for season ticket holders while operating at a reduced capacity. The eventual hope is for attendance levels to increase high enough to allow for general matchday sales again sometime in the 2020/2021 season, but will ultimately be led by guidance from the relevant authorities.

RedRoseWardrobe

Post by RedRoseWardrobe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:54 am

Stalbansclaret. You're in my position. Your refund has gone. It will points in your season card but these will be cancelled in 2021. If you cancel now, and are on the direct debit the club will refuse you a refund if monies paid to date. In my view anyone who doesn't cancel today is a fool and treating a football club that runs at considerable profit as a charity. Given Dane the ticket office supervisor's attitude I can't see why anyone thinks the club will act fairly. There won't. They've got your money and won't be giving it back.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1182 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:02 am

I left my refund as points on my teamcard with a view to using the credit against my 20/21 ST.

Luckily I pay for my ST up front but didnt renew as they extended the deadline, so when the time comes I'll just deduct it from my renewal.

I do sympathise with RRW's position, though.

QSclaret
Been Liked: 8 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by QSclaret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:17 am

Could you not offer to purchase things from the club shop for friends/family/people on here in exchange for the cash?

I know it’s a bit of a long winded way of doing it and the club should probably be a little more accommodating in the current climate but they had to put a cut off date somewhere?

RedRoseWardrobe

Post by RedRoseWardrobe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:28 am

QS no idea do not want to purchase this from the club shop.
I don't want charity offers of my tea or a bag of groceries from people here. I don't let be in Burnley so wouldn't in ruth be able to afford to go at the moment anyway.
I want to deal with my present circumstances as best I can. After gas/elec/water there is very little left and the £27 pcm represents a big chunk of spend that I'm getting nothing for. I naively thought as a customer Id have the right to have my money back and I did request it before the June 30th deadline. I also think they should be giving me my money back now. I've cancelled but unbelievably they've taken this s months money.
Again I don't want charity. I will manage my circumstances. What I'm upset about is being what I see as defrauded by the football club. They've cheated me out of my money.

RedRoseWardrobe

Post by RedRoseWardrobe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:29 am

QS no idea do not want to purchase this from the club shop.
I don't want charity offers of my tea or a bag of groceries from people here. I don't let be in Burnley so wouldn't in ruth be able to afford to go at the moment anyway.
I want to deal with my present circumstances as best I can. After gas/elec/water there is very little left and the £27 pcm represents a big chunk of spend that I'm getting nothing for. I naively thought as a customer Id have the right to have my money back and I did request it before the June 30th deadline. I also think they should be giving me my money back now. I've cancelled but unbelievably they've taken this s months money.
Again I don't want charity. I will manage my circumstances. What I'm upset about is being what I see as defrauded by the football club. They've cheated me out of my money.

RedRoseWardrobe

Post by RedRoseWardrobe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:33 am

Sorry last post full of typos from autocorrect in phone. Don't live in Burnley. Wouldnt be going at present even if games were on to be honest. My circumstances aren't covid but health related. Dont want charity. Will manage my own circumstances. Don't want to be defrauded Thank you for the offers if help.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:35 am

RedRoseWardrobe wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:54 am
Stalbansclaret. You're in my position. Your refund has gone. It will points in your season card but these will be cancelled in 2021. If you cancel now, and are on the direct debit the club will refuse you a refund if monies paid to date. In my view anyone who doesn't cancel today is a fool and treating a football club that runs at considerable profit as a charity. Given Dane the ticket office supervisor's attitude I can't see why anyone thinks the club will act fairly. There won't. They've got your money and won't be giving it back.
I sympathise with your situation but just want to comment on a few points which you raise. Firstly, at the moment the club have said that the points on the season/Team card will be valid until 2021, so I assume that means until 31st December, 2021. However, as the uncertain situation continues I would think/hope that this may be reviewed. If anyone cancels their DD payments now I presume that the club's stance is that they have broken their contract with the club and, therefore, aren't entitled to a refund. Anyone who had paid upfront or continues to pay by DD will be entitled to a refund dependant on how many games are missed but obviously the club can't do that until they know how many games this is. They can't possibly be expected to do a refund after every missed game! Encouraging people to cancel their DD is not very wise.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:36 am

QSclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:17 am
I know it’s a bit of a long winded way of doing it and the club should probably be a little more accommodating in the current climate but they had to put a cut off date somewhere?
Why? Given the massive uncertainty at the time, which continues way into he future, you should have the option of converting those points at any time until normal service is resumed.
For the present we're sill paying in, (and can afford to), but others may be in desperate need of "recalling" that cash, if not now than at some point in the next 6 months.
I reckon that if the club don't help supporters in these difficult times then they can expect a backlash in the future.

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 295 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:39 am

RedRoseWardrobe wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:33 am
Sorry last post full of typos from autocorrect in phone. Don't live in Burnley. Wouldnt be going at present even if games were on to be honest. My circumstances aren't covid but health related. Dont want charity. Will manage my own circumstances. Don't want to be defrauded Thank you for the offers if help.

I had to chase up my refund depsite submitting it, they said I hadn't. To be fair it was sorted fairly soon after this, but did stress me. I had luckily taken screenshots of my team card account. It was unnecessary stress and highlights the club refund system wasn't necessarily working properly.

Has an announcement been made on 20/21 season ticket refunds?

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:43 am

Awayfromburnley wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:39 am
Has an announcement been made on 20/21 season ticket refunds?
FAQ’S

I’m a 2020/2021 season ticket holder but am unlikely to attend any matches this season, can I receive a full refund?

Yes, the full refund process will be announced in the coming weeks.

I am a 2020/2021 season ticket holder and will try to attend as many games as I am able to. Will I need to pay anything extra on top of my already paid season ticket price to attend?

No, season ticket holders who are successful in a ticket ballot will not be faced with an additional charge.

If I only attend a small number of games through the season will I be able to use the remaining value of my season ticket to renew for the 2021/2022 season?

Yes, season ticket holders will be given the choice of rolling over any outstanding value of their season ticket to pay for a 2021/2022 season ticket or have it refunded to them at the end of the 2020/2021 season.

QSclaret
Been Liked: 8 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by QSclaret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:02 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:36 am
Why? Given the massive uncertainty at the time, which continues way into he future, you should have the option of converting those points at any time until normal service is resumed.
For the present we're sill paying in, (and can afford to), but others may be in desperate need of "recalling" that cash, if not now than at some point in the next 6 months.
I reckon that if the club don't help supporters in these difficult times then they can expect a backlash in the future.
I’m just trying to offer a solution. We can go round the houses all day about what the club should and shouldn’t do. As it stand he has points but wants cash and no doubt others have cash and want products. In the absence of the club refunding him seems a fairly simple trade to me.

In relation to current season tickets, I have massive sympathy for both people affected and the club. There is no easy solution when no one knows when we will be back in stadia.

RedRoseWardrobe

Post by RedRoseWardrobe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:50 pm

All I wanted here was to the raise the issue of a football club behaving in what I see as a fraudulent manner both over this seasons money and last. Not since unexpectedly most don't get seem to get it at all and are siding with the multi-million pound football club against someone who wants to be treated fairly. Thanks for the kind offers of charity but I don't want to be beholden to people. I won't be putting out a cash bucket or opening a golden gate fund.

clarethomer
Been Liked: 944 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:54 pm

I would write an email or letter to the club and explain your circumstances and ask them to reconsider.

I’m not entirely sure what they have done is legal. Yes they offered options and they put a deadline on notifying them of which route you wanted and I understand that if they haven’t heard from you they have assumed you are happy with the offer so it’s not about what has happened to date as such.

What you have done is explained you did not get the communication and/or realise the process. Your situation is that now you are in receipt of the options/information, you would like the money back.

If you apply the clubs logic, you could argue that if they don’t refund you now for the games you paid for last season by a pre-determined date of say the 15th October then you will assume that they want you to seek action through the small claims process and/or see if any media outlets are of interest in them refusing someone who can’t afford to eat.

I wouldn’t want anyone to take this action against the club but you would hope that being a community club that they understand that their process wasn’t inclusive to all and that where it hasn’t worked, they do the right thing. It’s never possible to get something to work for everyone but you would hope there was the humility to show they got this and that they would deal with anyone struggling with their processes and not getting their communications in a fair manner.

I am sure if explained to the right person, it would be all sorted quickly.

RedRoseWardrobe

Post by RedRoseWardrobe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:08 pm

Clarethomer done and considered all that. The club aren't sympathetic. I think that needs to be publicly known. I need to explore my options via the small claims court. My health circumstances means things are extremely stressfull and I have lots to deal with way beyond £27pcm. It would be 'nice' if the club dealt with it but after emails I'm certain this isn't so. Dane makes a good name for traffic wardens.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32369 times
Has Liked: 5267 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:35 pm

I think it is somewhat disrespectful to making comments about Dane who works in the ticket office and is only carrying out orders from above. If you are having any issues then they won't be with Dane or anyone in the ticket office.

In terms of refunds for last season, they were given out very clearly and although it took longer than some expected for payments to be made, leading to a bit of a thread on this board, they were paid out. Everyone got their money back in terms of points but then had the option of converting those points to a refund.

As for this season (2020/21) Burnley Football Club had taken full payment from some supporters and direct debit agreements from others before sales were suspended. Those paying by direct debit have, from last week, now paid exactly half. The club have already confirmed that refunds will be payable for any games not attended which means all season ticket holders will be entitled to a refund of some value because we all missed the Southampton game.

While not being as good as some clubs, we have been honest and up front with what we are doing so far.
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretAL Bosscat

RedRoseWardrobe

Post by RedRoseWardrobe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:45 pm

Close and delete the thread CT. You obviously have no idea of the exchanges I've had. The club have not been honest with me. They publicly said the refunds will take time so when it didn't appear I didn't panic. They've then converted my money to points that I won't spend. It's unsympathetic and unbending. Close and delete the thread. Close and delete the account too.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8485 times
Has Liked: 18201 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:49 pm

RedRoseWardrobe wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:08 pm
Clarethomer done and considered all that. The club aren't sympathetic. I think that needs to be publicly known. I need to explore my options via the small claims court. My health circumstances means things are extremely stressfull and I have lots to deal with way beyond £27pcm. It would be 'nice' if the club dealt with it but after emails I'm certain this isn't so. Dane makes a good name for traffic wardens.
I know you have had problems RRW and your circumstances are not ideal ... but my dealings with Dane and the other people in Ticket Office have always been good, I have found them very helpful and understanding whenever I have had a query, or needed help with a problem.
This user liked this post: Leisure

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:53 pm

RedRoseWardrobe wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:45 pm
Close and delete the thread CT. You obviously have no idea of the exchanges I've had. The club have not been honest with me. They publicly said the refunds will take time so when it didn't appear I didn't panic. They've then converted my money to points that I won't spend. It's unsympathetic and unbending. Close and delete the thread. Close and delete the account too.
They converted everyone's into points and then gave everyone the option of converting that into a refund. If you have missed that deadline, as it seems you have, then your argument, if there is one, is with the club and not us on this board.

clarethomer

Post by clarethomer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:08 pm

I'm really sorry but this poster appears to be presenting vulnerabilities and whilst I think we all appreciate the communication and process have worked for the majority, I cannot help but feel that the club has given the ticket office the incorrect guidance on dealing with queries of this type.

If the OP is still reading - my suggestion would be to send an email to both the Supporter Liason Officer and Chief Operating Officer and bypass the ticket office.

You should explain your case clearly and concisely to explain

- You understand the club have communicated a process for refunds for last seasons games and that the deadline has now passed for getting a monetary refund.

- As a vulnerable person who is suffering with high levels of stress being caused by your lack of employment and financial resources, you have attempted to get a refund. Having been told that these were taking time, you have missed the action you needed to take.

- You would really appreciate someone to consider your situation and arrange for a refund to be made back to you so you can eat.

- If they cannot do this, you will have no option but to seek further advice on what your options are. You wish to avoid further stress on your situation and hope that a pragmatic conclusion can be reached.

As CT has said, the ticket office are usually helpful and that it's unfair to call out someone who has felt they were giving the right information out. The contact details for these indivduals are as follows (apologies if there is a duplicate picture- not sure why that is happening)
Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 17.58.12.png
Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 17.58.12.png (86.85 KiB) Viewed 3806 times

Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 17.58.12.png (86.85 KiB) Viewed 3806 times
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 17.58.39.png
Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 17.58.39.png (48.07 KiB) Viewed 3806 times
This user liked this post: cl40

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1618 times
Has Liked: 890 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:18 pm

It’s not Anita Goodenough he needs, it’s Anita Refund!

Sorry OP. I hope you get sorted.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:19 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:08 pm
I'm really sorry but this poster appears to be presenting vulnerabilities and whilst I think we all appreciate the communication and process have worked for the majority, I cannot help but feel that the club has given the ticket office the incorrect guidance on dealing with queries of this type.

If the OP is still reading - my suggestion would be to send an email to both the Supporter Liason Officer and Chief Operating Officer and bypass the ticket office.

You should explain your case clearly and concisely to explain

- You understand the club have communicated a process for refunds for last seasons games and that the deadline has now passed for getting a monetary refund.

- As a vulnerable person who is suffering with high levels of stress being caused by your lack of employment and financial resources, you have attempted to get a refund. Having been told that these were taking time, you have missed the action you needed to take.

- You would really appreciate someone to consider your situation and arrange for a refund to be made back to you so you can eat.

- If they cannot do this, you will have no option but to seek further advice on what your options are. You wish to avoid further stress on your situation and hope that a pragmatic conclusion can be reached.

As CT has said, the ticket office are usually helpful and that it's unfair to call out someone who has felt they were giving the right information out. The contact details for these indivduals are as follows (apologies if there is a duplicate picture- not sure why that is happening)

Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 17.58.39.png

I wrote to the supporter liaison officer regarding an issue I had, and I got a response asking to give her 10 days to investigate my issues and she will get back to me. That was over 2 months ago.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1618 times
Has Liked: 890 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:21 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:19 pm
I wrote to the supporter liaison officer regarding an issue I had, and I got a response asking to give her 10 days to investigate my issues and she will get back to me. That was over 2 months ago.
You must’ve got through to Anita Moretime.
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:27 pm

BurnleyFC wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:21 pm
You must’ve got through to Anita Moretime.
My thoughts exactly

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:33 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
That sounds par for the course

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:37 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:08 pm
Not sure why you have included the Chief Operating Officer. That’s Matt Williams but he is not involved in ticketing etc.

I’d try Nick Taylor the operations manager.

Fez
Been Liked: 57 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by Fez » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:41 pm

Anita Logout

clarethomer

Post by clarethomer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:44 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:37 pm
Not sure why you have included the Chief Operating Officer. That’s Matt Williams but he is not involved in ticketing etc.

I’d try Nick Taylor the operations manager.
I just assumed that with a title of chief operating officer is that he is the person the looks over the entire club operations and I tend to find contacting people at the top of an organisation more helpful when people at the bottom of the organisation are restricted in what they can do. A more senior member of the organisation is more likely to look at this with pragmatism rather than through policy alone.

Thank you for providing an additional contact CT - I would include them aswell.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:50 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
To be fair, her email is slo at burnley fc
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

cl40
Been Liked: 9 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by cl40 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:02 pm

Good advice from clarethomer the ticket office will only do their jobs as directed I’ve always found if you need someone to override or bend the rules go to the top, in this case Neil Hart.

I think a lot of us on here are possibly one step away from a deep pile of sh*t in the current environment and we should always be looking out for a fellow claret in need. Please be respectful.
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum