As a paying BFC customer, what do you feel you should be entitled to?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Re: As a paying BFC customer, what do you feel you should be entitled to?

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:39 am

I don’t feel entitled to anything, we have too much of an entitlement culture nowadays, which furloughing (needed in many ways) has made worse.

But I do feel that taking direct debits off people with no immediate prospect of any service is wrong, and doesn’t seem unsolvable despite the credit company being a stakeholder. Many of these people are struggling to put food on the table and don’t want to risk losing their seat longer term. It’s wrong.

The reason BFC needs to nurture the customer base is we are a gnat’s hair away from being back in a league where customer income funds over 50% of the club’s turnover and then customers will be badly needed. What happened in China is an existential threat to our whole way of life, it isn’t hard to see a future where BFC doesn’t make it through the decade, certainly as the power it was before. Many customers will decide that golf, cycling, running are happier pursuits than fighting through a teeming concourse.

So the club should now be fighting hard to keep us long term and make us feel we are all in it together.
This user liked this post: Claret Till I Die

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1133 times
Has Liked: 1607 times

Post by Claret Till I Die » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:59 am

To be honest, I don't feel like the club care about it's core fan base anymore. Corporate appears to be the way forward but when our time comes to be relegated and the TV money dwindles there will be families that have walked away to other past times on a Saturday pm and the club will struggle to get those back.
It isn't something new either, going back to the 500mile club when we were asked to save the club. Granted there was a day that the payees were paraded around the pitch and a framed shirt given but when the monet started rolling in, there wasn't much thought to offering the money back. I'm not saying that people would have accepted it but it would have been nice to have been thought of a little more.
Even a little gesture that season ticket holders are given a % off this season's shirts might make fans feel a little more wanted but no, as usual we are expected to make do with the " we don't know what is happening" occasional email.
To be honest I hope my past enthusiasm for the club comes back whenever we're allowed to attend games again as it has been slowly drained from me in the last few months.

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2415 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:40 am

You pays your money and takes your choice. No more, no less.

As my dear old Great Uncle Jim used to say: "If you don't like the pot, **** somewhere else" ;)

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4800 times
Has Liked: 943 times

Post by jdrobbo » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:27 pm

I would argue that some transparency is now desperately needed!!

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:28 pm

jdrobbo wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:27 pm
I would argue that some transparency is now desperately needed!!
I'd prefer 3 points. :)

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:38 pm

jdrobbo wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:56 am
Good morning everyone,

Just a thought...Many of us contribute to our club, financially over the season, whether it be through buying merchandise, paying for a ClaretsPlayer subscription, or as in most cases, paying to go and watch the team play. For many people, this extends to several hundred, if not thousands (in a family situation) of pounds.

So that said, what should you be entitled to?

Is it as simple as, 'pay your money; watch your team play' or do you feel that you should be entitled to more. The vast majority of fans don't own shares and obviously those that do, are perhaps privy to more.

One thing that strikes me at the moment, other than the fact that we have such a threadbare squad available on matchdays, is the total lack of communication from the club about the KEY issues that matter to us.

I understand that takeover talks need to be kept in the background, so for me it centers around the management, the board and critically, the Chairman. Yes, I know that Garlick often sits in the background and allows Dyche to get on with things, but these are extraordinary circumstances; this is his major shareholding, yet the uncertainty around the place is causing worrry, negativity and a lot of confusion. Surely, getting a bit more from the top at present, would help us all a lot. If not help, it would surely help us to have a clearer idea - be it good or bad.

So, what exactly do you think we should be entitled to?

Hope you're all safe and well.

Best wishes and have a great week.

John
We have never been good t communicating with the fans. And even less so now at a time when we should be engaging with the fans more than ever. I wrote a letter to the club to that effect early in lockdown.

In fairness they replied. But the longer it goes on that we cant attend. And the longer our poor results continue. And the longer the negativity around the club continues. The easier it will be for fans to carry on their new 'hobbies' when normality resumes.

The club should be interacting with the fans way better.

As it stands most if not all will get refunds on season tickets and many probably wont renew. Probably at a time the club will need it more than ever in the last five or so years!