Season Ticket Refunds-Help/Clarification Needed.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Re: Season Ticket Refunds-Help/Clarification Needed.

Post by ClaretMov » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:16 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:46 pm
Obviously it's up to everyone to make their own mind up on what they do and everyone's reasoning will be different but I think it's worth pointing out that by "not willing to spend" you mean not buying players. I'd expect the ST money will be spent on paying wages and keeping things going.

I suspect part of the reason they didn't spend any proper money on new signings is that they faced the prospect of potentially refunding thousands of season tickets and the increasingly likely scenario of having a season with zero matchday income. Taking your money out because they aren't spending it on new players isn't going to make them think they should have done. If anything, it'll be the opposite.

The problem with this quote "I suspect part of the reason they didn't spend any proper money on new signings is that they faced the prospect of potentially refunding thousands of season tickets and the increasingly likely scenario of having a season with zero matchday income."

So did every other single premier league club but we are the only one that's stood still, the only one with no new investment into the team, why did it only effect us ??? The board this season is a joke and deserves to be relegated into the championship and the way they are treating us will be lucky to see gates of 12k

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6903 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:00 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:16 pm
The problem with this quote "I suspect part of the reason they didn't spend any proper money on new signings is that they faced the prospect of potentially refunding thousands of season tickets and the increasingly likely scenario of having a season with zero matchday income."

So did every other single premier league club but we are the only one that's stood still, the only one with no new investment into the team, why did it only effect us ??? The board this season is a joke and deserves to be relegated into the championship and the way they are treating us will be lucky to see gates of 12k
Overreacting a little bit? And, after all of the talk on this board over the past few weeks, if you can’t comprehend the reasons for the lack of investment in the squad this summer then you never will.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3773 times
Has Liked: 12365 times

Post by Leisure » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:21 pm

Eyres_11 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:39 pm
I'm applying for a refund today, still not showing 'on account' but someone did say 5pm.

Anyone idea how much we will get back? based on a full adult longside lower ticket paid by DD?
Presumably you will be get the amount which you've already paid. Not sure just what you were expecting, It certainly won't be more!

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:37 pm

I've logged in and I've still no idea how to claim a refund.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:46 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:26 pm
I wasn't going to stop my dd payments I wasn't going to claim a refund but from 5PM tonight I'm requesting a full refund of the almost £700 I've paid so far, I'm not interested for health reasons going back on this season or any other season until we can have full crowds back on and the covid is gone or under control.

The reason for me taking my money out is the lack of investment and interest from this board this season, why should they have my money (£1,200+ in season tickets) when they aren't willing to spend.

I was happy to let it ride until next season and start again with my tickets ticket already paid for but not now, I will buy my 4 season tickets again when the season is back and running regardless of what division we are in, but for me personally Why should I invest this season when the board hasn't, and before the bed wetters come on calling me for not being a proper fan, I can honestly say the 46+ years I've been a proud claret (the last 38 year's a season ticket holder) and the 10's of thousands I've spent home and away says differently.
Can’t argue with that

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:59 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:26 pm
I wasn't going to stop my dd payments I wasn't going to claim a refund but from 5PM tonight I'm requesting a full refund of the almost £700 I've paid so far, I'm not interested for health reasons going back on this season or any other season until we can have full crowds back on and the covid is gone or under control.

The reason for me taking my money out is the lack of investment and interest from this board this season, why should they have my money (£1,200+ in season tickets) when they aren't willing to spend.

I was happy to let it ride until next season and start again with my tickets ticket already paid for but not now, I will buy my 4 season tickets again when the season is back and running regardless of what division we are in, but for me personally Why should I invest this season when the board hasn't, and before the bed wetters come on calling me for not being a proper fan, I can honestly say the 46+ years I've been a proud claret (the last 38 year's a season ticket holder) and the 10's of thousands I've spent home and away says differently.
Of course it’s completely up to you what you decide but just to point out that in the last 8 years this board has spent more on the team than the rest of the football clubs history put together.
I’ve been supporting the club for a similar amount of time to yourself and I find it hard to understand that during this period that it’s this season that you feel most upset at and choose not to renew.

Nobody is happy about our lack of spend or our current position in the table - does not mean that there is always somebody to blame....especially when it’s the same people who have overseen the most successful period in the time you and me have supported the club.
These 3 users liked this post: simonclaret evensteadiereddie Leisure

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:34 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:59 pm
Of course it’s completely up to you what you decide but just to point out that in the last 8 years this board has spent more on the team than the rest of the football clubs history put together.
I’ve been supporting the club for a similar amount of time to yourself and I find it hard to understand that during this period that it’s this season that you feel most upset at and choose not to renew.

Nobody is happy about our lack of spend or our current position in the table - does not mean that there is always somebody to blame....especially when it’s the same people who have overseen the most successful period in the time you and me have supported the club.
I've protest against other boards in the past on the way the club is run, I choose not to carry on paying my £120+ dd a month and seeking a refund this season because this is my way of a little protest against this board this season, we have stood still in a way no other premier league club has.

I also don't like the way the club are bullying fan's by saying if you want a refund then next season you have to pay in full no dd and it could cost you more because for you there is a possibility of a no price freeze......what a way to treat the season ticket holder's

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:39 pm

Maybe Mr Garlick is psychic and he predicted COVID long ago, which would explain the chronic lack of recruitment with regards to the first team squad over numerous transfer windows.

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:40 pm

BurnleyFC wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:39 pm
Maybe Mr Garlick is psychic and he predicted COVID long ago, which would explain the chronic lack of recruitment with regards to the first team squad over numerous transfer windows.
:lol: :lol: LMFAO

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2562 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:26 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:16 pm

It hasn't only affected us, it's affected everyone else as well. The difference is we're pretty much the only that relies on the tv money and matchday income, because we don't have super rich backers and we won't get into debt if we can help it. So taking that hit on the match day revenue puts a bigger squeeze on us than it does to most of the other clubs.

I don't particularly support or not support the board's stance because, like everyone else, I don't know the current financial situation. But it would be crackers to think we haven't been hit pretty hard by the pandemic. I'm certainly not judging anyone for whatever decisions they make, it's up to the individual, and I agree the bullying tactics leave a sour taste.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:28 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:34 pm
I also don't like the way the club are bullying fan's by saying if you want a refund then next season you have to pay in full no dd and it could cost you more because for you there is a possibility of a no price freeze......what a way to treat the season ticket holder's
Not quite -

I currently pay for my season ticket via direct debit. If I request a refund, will the DD payment option be available for the 2021/2022 season?
There is a huge amount of uncertainty which affects the normal planning for tickets here at Turf Moor. While we cannot at this time 100% guarantee that a 'normal' direct debit option will be available for the 2021/2022 season we will do everything we can to ensure that there is a suitable 'pay-over-time' option for supporters. We understand and want to continue to offer supporters the most convenient option for them to pay for a season ticket.

Will the prices for 2021/2022 season tickets be frozen again?
While we are proud to have been able to keep season ticket prices frozen for the past seven seasons, in the current climate we cannot guarantee this will continue. This is reviewed on an annual basis and will be looked at again as we approach the 2021/2022 season. By paying your frozen price now you are guaranteeing you will have no higher price to pay for a new season ticket for the 2021/22 season.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:21 am

Leisure wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:28 pm
Not quite -

I currently pay for my season ticket via direct debit. If I request a refund, will the DD payment option be available for the 2021/2022 season?
There is a huge amount of uncertainty which affects the normal planning for tickets here at Turf Moor. While we cannot at this time 100% guarantee that a 'normal' direct debit option will be available for the 2021/2022 season we will do everything we can to ensure that there is a suitable 'pay-over-time' option for supporters. We understand and want to continue to offer supporters the most convenient option for them to pay for a season ticket.

While we are proud to have been able to keep season ticket prices frozen for the past seven seasons, in the current climate we cannot guarantee this will continue. This is reviewed on an annual basis and will be looked at again as we approach the 2021/2022 season. By paying your frozen price now you are guaranteeing you will have no higher price to pay for a new season ticket for the 2021/22 season.

Not quite is being very kind :D :D Not even anywhere ****ing near would be more accurate

Has the club come out yet and said if someone applies for a refund and then we win the next few games can they cancel the application for a refund and keep paying for this season

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:46 am

The club want to be careful not to alienate fans. I can see attendances being lower anyway when full attendances are allowed. Increased prices and not treating fans fairly when some are on the breadline now will not encourage people to go back. Interest and positive feeling towards the club needs to be maintained particularly with a very real chance of relegation on top of all this.
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure ClaretMov

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:09 am

Still haven’t decided. Was going to cancel, got in and was ready to push the button on my tickets, but noticed only about 60% of the DD has so far been taken. What I’m pondering is that if I cancel, within 6 months I’ll have to decide anyway on the ticket for 2021/22 which will have Covid risk and uncertainty (inevitably), possibly no DD and possibly a price rise.

So I’m now thinking I may sit on it and decide later - my prediction will be that even in 2021/22 there will be a need for social distancing and grounds may not be at 100% capacity so there is likely to still be an option for a refund at a later date. If so, it isn’t hard to see a change of policy whereby the seats are no longer held for next season if we cancel, but may be kept for 2022/23, with those who kept their money in being in a ballot for next (not this) season. That’s my prediction.

Eyres_11
Been Liked: 73 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Eyres_11 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:38 am

Applied for my refund yesterday just before 5pm, so hoping that it comes through in the next few days.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:42 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:21 am
Not quite is being very kind :D :D Not even anywhere ****ing near would be more accurate

Has the club come out yet and said if someone applies for a refund and then we win the next few games can they cancel the application for a refund and keep paying for this season
That situation won't arise, as claims for refunds are to be paid with 3-5 days.

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:02 am

Leisure wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:28 pm
Not quite -

This was on the club web site yesterday and it clearly states you have to pay in full...no dd option that is a massive own goal and will cost the club thousands of ticket sales for those that can't afford to pay the full amount. There is many reasons why some people need the money back and for the club to try and bully/scare them into leaving in the clubs bank account is embarrassing
Attachments
20201103_095539.jpg
20201103_095539.jpg (233.45 KiB) Viewed 2192 times

Eyres_11

Post by Eyres_11 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:10 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:02 am
This was on the club web site yesterday and it clearly states you have to pay in full...no dd option that is a massive own goal and will cost the club thousands of ticket sales for those that can't afford to pay the full amount. There is many reasons why some people need the money back and for the club to try and bully/scare them into leaving in the clubs bank account is embarrassing
I won't be bothering, can't afford it all in one go.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:24 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:02 am
No it doesn't say that you will have to pay in one go, it says that you will have to pay the full amount (as you won't have any credit on your account if you've taken a full refund). The information on the FAQ release quoted above clearly states that there will probably be an installments option for payment.
Last edited by Leisure on Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:35 am

Go to your account, then the on account bit click that sign in and just where you go to request a refund it's right there
Attachments
Screenshot_20201103-103759_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201103-103759_Chrome.jpg (406.94 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
Last edited by ClaretMov on Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3171 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:37 am

Eyres_11 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:10 am
I won't be bothering, can't afford it all in one go.
Is that what it means though?

I thought it just meant that you would have to pay the full amount as you wouldn't have the paid 2020/21 season in credit to pay for it

(As most comms from the club around this, it isn't very clear)
This user liked this post: Leisure

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:40 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:35 am
Go to your account, then the on account bit and just where you go to request a refund it's right there
See my amended reply above.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3845 times
Has Liked: 2066 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:59 am

The good news is I didn't have to sign up a kids email account to reclaim their ST money.

The more important news is you have to fill in their form to cancel the DD by the 13th of November or they are likely to take another DD payment.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:02 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:59 am
The good news is I didn't have to sign up a kids email account to reclaim their ST money.

The more important news is you have to fill in their form to cancel the DD by the 13th of November or they are likely to take another DD payment.
That's good news regarding the kids email.... They never got back to my final email yesterday asking what the alternative was, obviously you found one.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:08 am

Grumps wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:02 am
That's good news regarding the kids email.... They never got back to my final email yesterday asking what the alternative was, obviously you found one.
It was a simple process with the money going back to my saved card like it should be. The kids were only mentioned on the cancelling DD form which requested all Clarets numbers linked to the bank account.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:10 am

Where did this kids must have their own email address to claim a refund come from ?

Considering there are season tickets holders under the age of 6 on the database why would anyone think that was going to be the case

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:28 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:10 am
Where did this kids must have their own email address to claim a refund come from ?

Considering there are season tickets holders under the age of 6 on the database why would anyone think that was going to be the case
On the website, and in my email correspondence with the club yesterday.
I think they realised how stupid it was, but never actually confirmed to me there was a way round it.
I'll chase it up in a couple of days.

Sean Dyche's Watch
Been Liked: 233 times

Post by Sean Dyche's Watch » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:35 am

Leisure wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:42 am
That situation won't arise, as claims for refunds are to be paid with 3-5 days.
I'll be very surprised if that timescale is met.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32243 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:37 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:00 pm
Overreacting a little bit? And, after all of the talk on this board over the past few weeks, if you can’t comprehend the reasons for the lack of investment in the squad this summer then you never will.
It is clear to me why there was a lack of investment in the squad and it had little to do with anything other than the problems between manager and chairman.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:07 pm

Sean Dyche's Watch wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:35 am
I'll be very surprised if that timescale is met.
Yes and it says 'should be with you in 3-5 working days'.

Sean Dyche's Watch

Post by Sean Dyche's Watch » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:20 pm

Leisure wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:07 pm
But probably won't be.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:20 pm

Leisure wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:07 pm
Most people use “should” instead of “will” when quoting payment timescales because it’s virtually impossible to guarantee this for everyone.

The test will be as to whether the vast majority of people get the refund within these timescales - and that’s the hard bit because Burnley completely underestimated the volume of work last time and I was told by someone who works in the ticket office that they had only one person who was dealing with the actual refund process.

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1036 times
Has Liked: 965 times

Post by MrTopTier » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:54 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:20 pm
Most people use “should” instead of “will” when quoting payment timescales because it’s virtually impossible to guarantee this for everyone.

The test will be as to whether the vast majority of people get the refund within these timescales - and that’s the hard bit because Burnley completely underestimated the volume of work last time and I was told by someone who works in the ticket office that they had only one person who was dealing with the actual refund process.

A friend of mine applied yesterday evening and it is in his account this afternoon.

Eyres_11

Post by Eyres_11 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:58 pm

MrTopTier wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:54 pm
A friend of mine applied yesterday evening and it is in his account this afternoon.
I applied before 5pm - nothing yet.

Sean Dyche's Watch

Post by Sean Dyche's Watch » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:11 pm

MrTopTier wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:54 pm
I'm very surprised. Pleased, but very surprised.

Sheedyclaret
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by Sheedyclaret » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:27 pm

Happy to pay another 5 months just hope things are a little clearer by then..
This user liked this post: Leisure

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:09 am

Well done BFC. I applied for the refund Tuesday afternoon and it's back in my account this morning.

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:01 pm

Got mine all back this morning brilliant service, fingers crossed they allow dd for next season because I can't pay out £1300+ all at once so won't be able to attend all the home game just cherry pick the ones I can go on for the first time in 30+ year's

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:22 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:59 pm

Spot on.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:26 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:01 pm
Got mine all back this morning brilliant service, fingers crossed they allow dd for next season because I can't pay out £1300+ all at once so won't be able to attend all the home game just cherry pick the ones I can go on for the first time in 30+ year's
Why would you have to pay £1300+ all at once? The club have already indicated that there'll hopefully be some kind of instalment scheme, although it may not be over 12 months. But you will pay a higher price than this season if ST prices increase (for non-St holders).

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:48 pm

"The club have already indicated that there'll hopefully be some kind of instalment scheme"

Hopefully be some kind of instalment plan but if there isn't I'd have to pay it all at once,

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:18 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:48 pm
"The club have already indicated that there'll hopefully be some kind of instalment scheme"

Hopefully be some kind of instalment plan but if there isn't I'd have to pay it all at once,
Correct but time will tell.

claret wizard
Been Liked: 261 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by claret wizard » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:17 pm

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the 6 pages but the installments payments will be an issue with the credit status now that the pandemic has screwed all the finances up. The club won't be able to find someone willing to under write the scheme on the current terms.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:35 pm

claret wizard wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:17 pm
Not sure if it's been mentioned in the 6 pages but the installments payments will be an issue with the credit status now that the pandemic has screwed all the finances up. The club won't be able to find someone willing to under write the scheme on the current terms.
Yes, they've already said that they hope to be able to offer some type of instalment option but possibly not over 12 months.