Some positive news as Scousers help Mancs

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32417 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Some positive news as Scousers help Mancs

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:38 pm

It hasn't been a good night for us as Burnley fans. Watching that game on TV was a very difficult watch for most of it, and it has left us all feeling a bit down as we can all see from the posts on this message board, so I would like to share some positive news with you all if you haven't seen it.

Some 1,700 students are trapped in halls of residence in Hulme, Manchester. They are all having to self isolate so can't go out and had precious little food. In stepped the Scousers who set up Fans Supporting Foodbanks, the very people who inspired me to set things up at Burnley at the start of last season. What did they do? They drove over to the halls of residence and dropped off 3,000 pizzas, some hand sanitiser, face masks and some fresh apple and orange juice.

Robert Daniels, who I don't know, and Dave Kelly who I have got to know really well over the past year and someone whose efforts are beyond belief, travelled over in the van to deliver the stuff.

What a gesture - thank goodness we've got people like this in football. Dave is an Evertonian through and through but he is one of the most decent, helpful, inspirational people you are ever likely to meet.

So, thankfully, not all negative today.
These 13 users liked this post: Vegas Claret SGr GodIsADeeJay81 tiger76 claretfern ten bellies Woodleyclaret spadesclaret longsidepies Dark Cloud FactualFrank snapcrackleandpop bobinho

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4835 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Re: Some positive news as Scousers help Mancs

Post by jdrobbo » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:42 pm

That’s brilliant. Some people are truly incredible.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:46 pm

This is Dave on the left of the pic. Because it was our first day collecting he came over with a big food donation. It was the Liverpool game and that's Ian, another inspirational bloke, on the right. I asked Dave if he was going to stay and watch the game. I couldn't possibly post his response on here.

foodbank collection.jpg
foodbank collection.jpg (137.14 KiB) Viewed 1191 times

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1124 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:35 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:46 pm
This is Dave on the left of the pic. Because it was our first day collecting he came over with a big food donation. It was the Liverpool game and that's Ian, another inspirational bloke, on the right. I asked Dave if he was going to stay and watch the game. I couldn't possibly post his response on here.

foodbank collection.jpg
Was NO his response?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:07 pm

RammyClaret61 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:35 am
Was NO his response?

In effect it was no :D

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:55 pm

Some not so good news this morning - Ian who is on the right of the picture has had to take a COVID test this morning having displayed symptoms. Another top bloke who I wish well.