Who's had the Rona? (Non footy)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Re: Who's had the Rona? (Non footy)

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:27 am

FactualFrank wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:11 pm
Can I just point out, this was before we even knew what Covid was. So I didn't go out for a meal knowing I had it, I just thought it was the normal cold. But I've never had a cold before when I couldn't taste food properly.

I even asked them to change the barrel as the lager didn't taste right :D

I think it lasted about a week, maybe 10 days. I went back 2 weeks later and the food and lager seemed fine. We're going back to January though, maybe even December. Could it have been in the country then? Probably.
Its possible it could have been in the country then. And there are theories to support it. But probably not really.

I was in Milan early in the year as it was about to peak there. So assumed we may have caught it from there. Seems not as someone who was in our party and close to use every day has only just found out they have got it now. Fingers crossed they will be OK. Assume they will. But kills any theories we had about having it then.

That said it is plausible plenty of other scenarios could have had it. Was in London literally every week or two just prior to lockdown. On packed tubes. etc.

Never been really ill since. But round that time did have a really bad sore throat. Nothing else.

Probably haven't had it. But wouldn't surprise me if i had and was asymptomatic given some of the places I had been in Jan - March.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:28 am

FactualFrank wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:17 pm
I think my concern is that it was in the country long before we were informed. My memory is crap so could have been just before Christmas. Could have been around long long before we were informed.
I think a lot of people are clinging onto this theory in hope. But reality is its highly unlikely.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:29 am

Going for a test today in Blackburn. Wish me luck!

WadingInDeeper
Been Liked: 155 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by WadingInDeeper » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:41 am

My wife was floored by something last Nov/Dec, but I don't think enough people were being hospitalised or reporting a mystery illness to put it down to anything other than flu. Having had flu twice, one of which took me over 2 months to recover from, it was probably flu.

Since March there have been a couple of times I've started with something (sore throat, lethargic, cough) but it went after a couple of days, so if I have had it then it was a very mild dose. The one which did concern me started within a couple of days of visiting a supermarket just before our peak.

Interestingly, we have just had something go through the younger (under 25) part of the family (slight temperature, lethargic, hacking cough which lasted a couple of weeks). The youngest who was tested came back negative, but having struggled to get the sample we were not fully convinced. To be on the safe side we were as cautious as possible.

SammyBoy
Been Liked: 469 times
Has Liked: 434 times

Post by SammyBoy » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:04 am

My mum was really ill for about a month starting in early January, completely bed ridden for 2 weeks, and then still pretty bad for another 2 after that with all the symptoms we now know as associated with COVID. She went to her GP and he said something along the lines of "you could be feeling the effects of this for about 8 weeks, if it gets any worse go straight to hospital". At the time that struck us as an odd and extreme thing to say about what we thought was just a bad seasonal illness. I'm not saying it definitely was COVID but it makes you wonder in hindsight.

COBBLE
Been Liked: 350 times
Has Liked: 472 times

Post by COBBLE » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:24 am

Probably same here, back in Feb/March. My wife is still suffering badly from fatigue and loss of taste and smell. I've had this metallic taste for some time.Thing is they only identified taste and smell as a key symptom in April/May. Its only in recent weeks when long covid has been 'defined,' that we began to think we had had it.

PeterWilton
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Post by PeterWilton » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:52 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:23 am
So that is flu and pool comps that have seen you knocked on your arse :D
I don't understand this one either, but OK.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4186 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:55 am

PeterWilton wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:52 am
I don't understand this one either, but OK.
Ok, maybe it has imploded from your mind
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

PeterWilton
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Post by PeterWilton » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:56 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:55 am
Ok, maybe it has imploded from your mind
And this one just doesn't make sense.

Keep trying.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 2039 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:59 am

I thought I had it a couple of months ago, turns out it was just trapped wind

claret_in_exile
Been Liked: 77 times
Has Liked: 326 times

Post by claret_in_exile » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:08 pm

Had it in mid-March - worst sore throat and headache ever (worse than a hangover headache). Temperature was high. Lasted about two weeks.

One of my family had really bad symptoms and it ended up injuring his vocal chords. None of the girls in our family had any symptoms.

SingaporeClarets
Been Liked: 43 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by SingaporeClarets » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:58 pm

A lot of posts here assuming that if you catch it now or get negative antibody tests that you never had it even though there's no proof that antibodies stick around for more than a few months for this virus.

I had mild flu last year and didn't realise until the doctor decided to test me and came back positive. I just thought it was a cold.

I also had a persistent cough, aches and dizzy spells in March, after being signed off work by law for 2x 5 day periods I had to go to hospital for a covid test which was negative. Now things have changed, anyone with covid symptoms will be tested there and then by their GP and given a 5 day stay home notice and unlike the UK, nobody wants to risk breaking that and getting a further 3 month stay home notice where your home is the infamous Changi Prison. None of this driving 300 miles for a test.

A grand total of 6 cases in Singapore today and talk of most restrictions being eased by the end of the year with the exception of the most important one, general foreign travel and foreign visitors.

Bigbopper
Been Liked: 94 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Bigbopper » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:12 pm

Wife got a positive test result on Sunday I've started coughing and awaiting a test. Wife was contacted this morning by T &T so that seems to be working Neither of us feels too bad and both in our late 60's . Both self issolating and as we have no other health issues we are hoping to sit it out.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:28 pm

Bigbopper wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:12 pm
Wife got a positive test result on Sunday I've started coughing and awaiting a test. Wife was contacted this morning by T &T so that seems to be working Neither of us feels too bad and both in our late 60's . Both self issolating and as we have no other health issues we are hoping to sit it out.
best of luck to you both and CandJ.

Sure most of us will be ok. But worrying nonetheless.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:29 pm

Just back from my test in Blackburn. Was a very strange experience but all done well as far as I know. Will find out in 48 hours hopefully. I'm actually basically fine just a bit of a cough that I never normally have.

Don't fancy a 14 day isolation but needs must if it happens.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2596 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:40 pm

Strange how everyone has a different experience. The missus never had a cough at all, but knew she had it before she got her positive test, reckoned she felt 'weird' with a temperature and an odd metallic taste.

Also odd how something so contagious hasn't passed on to the rest of us all living as normal in the same house. Anyway, all is well now so don't only listen to horror stories, there's millions of mundane minor illnesses from this too.

Longsidebogs
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by Longsidebogs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:03 pm

Me and the wife both confirmed Covid-19 positive today. Been feeling like we had a heavy cold for about a week but not much more than that. A feeling of lethargy and sleeping longer than usual. Then on Saturday we both realised we had lost sense of smell and taste and decided we had better go and get a test. We received a positive result this afternoon. Now isolating for at least another 10 days and hoping we get away without complications.