FAO Ashington

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

FAO Ashington

Post by dpinsussex » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:57 am

Ash

You may be pleased to hear that my daughter refereed her first game of mens football yesterday.

This was just 3 days after her 16th birthday.

2 yellow cards, 3 penalties, plenty of fist bumps afterwards.
She was absolutely buzzing last night and can't wait for her next one.

Think I was more nervous on the sidelines than she was in the middle.

Proud dad moment

Dp
These 11 users liked this post: Quickenthetempo CleggHall The Enclosure Claret Till I Die Ashingtonclaret46 bobinho huw.Y.WattfromWare Buxtonclaret Colburn_Claret Leisure DAVETHEVICAR

dpinsussex

Re: FAO Ashington

Post by dpinsussex » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:55 pm

Bump

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:59 pm

dpinsussex wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:55 pm
Bump
He's viewed it over 160 times and didn't even have the manners to reply.
These 2 users liked this post: dpinsussex Buxtonclaret

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 2635 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:01 pm

dp ---sorry, I have been out a lot of the day with local football and had not seen this until just now.

I am really chuffed for her, as I am sure you were, and I know that she will have a very honest appraisal from her dad, even though she mya not want to listen! Mind you that is the best way to learn and you have a lot of experience to offer.
Pass on my best wishes and tell her that I hope that she continues to enjoy it and takes the rough with the smooth because we both know there is always an up and a down side!

dpinsussex

Post by dpinsussex » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:19 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:01 pm
dp ---sorry, I have been out a lot of the day with local football and had not seen this until just now.

I am really chuffed for her, as I am sure you were, and I know that she will have a very honest appraisal from her dad, even though she mya not want to listen! Mind you that is the best way to learn and you have a lot of experience to offer.
Pass on my best wishes and tell her that I hope that she continues to enjoy it and takes the rough with the smooth because we both know there is always an up and a down side!
She can't wait to go again next week. She is tired today . Mentally more than physically.
Honest appraisal yes but kept to a minimum as she needs to bank the experience and learn from it. She did say she had a "why am I doing this" moment for about 10 to 15 min and pulled through. I said you will get whole games like that. Lol

Bit of a twitter sensation yesterday and today #girlsthatref 17k views lol. Key people at FA all over it. They love the young female profile stepping out into the big wide world.

This is only the start and she has loads to learn but now will learn nothing doing kids football that is for trying new things

PS I am at Bamber Bridge in 2 weeks time subject to lock down restrictions

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 2635 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:09 am

dpinsussex wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:19 pm
She can't wait to go again next week. She is tired today . Mentally more than physically.
Honest appraisal yes but kept to a minimum as she needs to bank the experience and learn from it. She did say she had a "why am I doing this" moment for about 10 to 15 min and pulled through. I said you will get whole games like that. Lol

Bit of a twitter sensation yesterday and today #girlsthatref 17k views lol. Key people at FA all over it. They love the young female profile stepping out into the big wide world.

This is only the start and she has loads to learn but now will learn nothing doing kids football that is for trying new things

PS I am at Bamber Bridge in 2 weeks time subject to lock down restrictions
Great stuff dp and no surprise about the mental tiredness ---something which those who have never done the job don't realise does take its toll, particularly if you have a few games in a short time.

I can't decide whether the social media thing is a good thing or a bad thing really, however, it is part of our lives but not something to get carried away about. I certainly agree about the kids football which is OK for a grounding but, because of one or two coaches and a number of parents, can have a very bad effect.

Is the Bamber Bridge match the one against Buxton? If you ever get up to Morpeth and things are relaxed please get in touch.
I wish your daughter well and hope that she continues to enjoy it, even when the going gets tough!

dpinsussex

Post by dpinsussex » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:18 am

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:09 am
Great stuff dp and no surprise about the mental tiredness ---something which those who have never done the job don't realise does take its toll, particularly if you have a few games in a short time.

I can't decide whether the social media thing is a good thing or a bad thing really, however, it is part of our lives but not something to get carried away about. I certainly agree about the kids football which is OK for a grounding but, because of one or two coaches and a number of parents, can have a very bad effect.

Is the Bamber Bridge match the one against Buxton? If you ever get up to Morpeth and things are relaxed please get in touch.
I wish your daughter well and hope that she continues to enjoy it, even when the going gets tough!
Thats the game
This user liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46