The next American President?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Locked
PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:34 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:11 am
only a win if Trump gets back in and the plebs retain the senate. If they lose both of those then that's the end of the Republican party as you know it. The Dems will **** them over (and rightly so) at every turn - you reap what you sow McConnell
Trump getting back in is the whole purpose of him picking her. He wants her vote to help by I'm steal the election if it reaches the supreme court.

And the GOP are OK with that because they have no principles anymore. They'll do anything to keep power, including abandoning democracy.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:45 am

CombatClaret wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:59 am
Republicans closely resemble autocratic parties in Hungary and Turkey
Swedish university finds ‘dramatic shift’ in GOP under Trump, shunning democratic norms and encouraging violence


https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... tudy-trump

Untitled-1.jpg

They're not gonna come back towards liberalism for a long time. The only principle their voters have is how much they hate liberals. And history shows what happens when hatred of liberals is the guiding principle of a significant and powerful minority.

America is losing its democracy. If you live there I'd consider leaving because there will be a time fairly soon when liberals in America are put up against the wall.
This user liked this post: HahaYeah

MG70
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:39 am
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 315 times
Location: Australia

Re: The next American President?

Post by MG70 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:39 am

PeterWilton wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:34 am
Trump getting back in is the whole purpose of him picking her. He wants her vote to help by I'm steal the election if it reaches the supreme court.

And the GOP are OK with that because they have no principles anymore. They'll do anything to keep power, including abandoning democracy.
And do you really think the Democrats have any principles? Or indeed believe in a democracy?
The way they have acted over the last 4 years is scandalous, the whole impeachment process was a shambles. It was all done with no evidence whatsoever. It was done with a fake dossier payed for by Hillary Clinton, and devilishly pursued by Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff etc. All corrupt career politicians who couldn’t give a damn about the American people, but just want power.
All the troubles and divisions they have in the states are not just caused by Trump, the democrats and msm are totally to blame.

And admit it, you’re Imploding Turtle aren’t you? ;)
This user liked this post: HahaYeah

Devils_Advocate
Posts: 7463
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 2919 times
Has Liked: 549 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:42 am

android wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:24 am
Yes, it makes total sense that KCLS paid the consultants for the benefit of the consultants and did not expect their own KCLS employees to learn anything! KCLS's statement was presumably very carefully worded in order to try to avoid legal action. It's ok to use a bit of common sense in these circumstances when reading their statement and looking at the other evidence. However well meaning it might have been, the racial segregation was real not make believe.

I was going to answer your questions DA but it's all become predictably childish and it's just not worth the trouble. First you throw out the silly "sad little race baiter" slur followed up by Peter's pathetic comment. You seem to have thrown in the towel on debating me and only want to debate the imaginary me that lives in your head!

Anyway, these race issues are close to home for me and it's not just a silly boys clever dick waving contest. This stuff is the thin end of the wedge of the way things are developing and it matters. I will continue to oppose racial segregation methods.
This activity would be the first step of a whole range of measures for the consultants to improve the situation. The first stage would be to understand the here and now and one way they can do that is listen to the people who work here and thats what this is. They would have access to and assess other parts of the business like process and policies. With this information thy would identify areas that could be improved and then they would be a whole programme of activities to help the business and its employees move forward.

I have explained the race baiting in that the only news sources I have found for the story that you have introduced are right wing misinformation rags and a Twitter account which is full of race baiting material and really awful stuff to get people angry and to devide the different races

I have asked a few times for you to provide me your source for this story and as you have avoided this my only logical solution is that you have got it from one of the news sources I have mentioned. Furthermore if this is the kind of sources and people you follow and put your trust in I can only assume you go along with their race baiting. If there is a reputable news source which ran this story which alerted it to you then I will take that onboard and alter my views accordingly

I see you are now moving to you usual modus operandi of trying to make out the other side is pathetic and disingenuous so you can run away from the conversation once you see that people are going to keep pushing you on the detail and facts of the discussion.

Now if you want to run away then thats fine but my ask is simple is simply to show me where you got this story from such that you put so much faith in it and it causes you so much concern
This user liked this post: Greenmile

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:55 am

MG70 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:39 am
And do you really think the Democrats have any principles? Or indeed believe in a democracy?
The way they have acted over the last 4 years is scandalous, the whole impeachment process was a shambles. It was all done with no evidence whatsoever. It was done with a fake dossier payed for by Hillary Clinton, and devilishly pursued by Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff etc. All corrupt career politicians who couldn’t give a damn about the American people, but just want power.
All the troubles and divisions they have in the states are not just caused by Trump, the democrats and msm are totally to blame.

And admit it, you’re Imploding Turtle aren’t you? ;)
You are clearly not well.

The impeachment wasn't about the dossier, it was about Trump blackmailing a foreign leader to help him with his election. And the case was proven with documented evidence and witness testimony.

The fact that you got this most basic of facts incorrect proves that you don't know what you're talking about.

The false talking point you got mixed up is that the special counsel investigation was about the dossier. It wasn't, but that's the lie you misremembered. Duh.
These 2 users liked this post: Greenmile Vegas Claret

claretonthecoast1882
Posts: 3559
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Been Liked: 1634 times
Has Liked: 53 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:00 am

PeterWilton wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:55 am
You are clearly not well.

The impeachment wasn't about the dossier, it was about Trump blackmailing a foreign leader to help him with his election. And the case was proven with documented evidence and witness testimony.

The fact that you got this most basic of facts incorrect proves that you don't know what you're talking about.

The false talking point you got mixed up is that the special counsel investigation was about the dossier. It wasn't, but that's the lie you misremembered. Duh.

Funny you talking about lies :D

You failed to answer the last line of his post you massive hypocrite.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:02 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:00 am
Funny you talking about lies :D

You failed to answer the last line of his post you massive hypocrite.
I enjoy how much it triggers you that I dont.

GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 5636
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 1114 times
Has Liked: 2318 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:03 am

PeterWilton wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:45 am
They're not gonna come back towards liberalism for a long time. The only principle their voters have is how much they hate liberals. And history shows what happens when hatred of liberals is the guiding principle of a significant and powerful minority.

America is losing its democracy. If you live there I'd consider leaving because there will be a time fairly soon when liberals in America are put up against the wall.
You've gone full Godwin haven't you?

claretonthecoast1882
Posts: 3559
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Been Liked: 1634 times
Has Liked: 53 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:03 am

PeterWilton wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:02 am
I enjoy how much it triggers you that I dont.

Really doesn't trigger me, makes me laugh as you whinge non stop about lies, while being the biggest liar on here thats all Charlie.

Bit like when you claimed you had no idea what I was on about, you were a hypocrite when posting as turtle and you are as wilton. At least you are consistent I guess.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:05 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:03 am
You've gone full Godwin haven't you?
You know that's not actually a law, right? And the creator of the term now regrets it because of how often it is used by fascists to suppress discussion about fascism.

I bet you knew neither of those things. But now you do. You're welcome.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:08 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:03 am
Really doesn't trigger me, makes me laugh as you whinge non stop about lies, while being the biggest liar on here thats all Charlie.

Bit like when you claimed you had no idea what I was on about, you were a hypocrite when posting as turtle and you are as wilton. At least you are consistent I guess.
Why are you so obsessed with my identity. What's your identity? You call me a hypocrite but I don't see you broadcasting your private information on here either, Trigger Boy.

Spijed
Posts: 12311
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 2114 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Spijed » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:11 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:03 am
Really doesn't trigger me, makes me laugh as you whinge non stop about lies, while being the biggest liar on here thats all Charlie.

Bit like when you claimed you had no idea what I was on about, you were a hypocrite when posting as turtle and you are as wilton. At least you are consistent I guess.
Does it not disturb you that some people in Texas who support trump want the death penalty for women who have an abortion?

Even you must be appalled at such views.

claretonthecoast1882
Posts: 3559
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Been Liked: 1634 times
Has Liked: 53 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:13 am

Like I said you are a liar and a hypocrite, I told you exactly the same when you was turtle.

As for calling anyone trigger boy, you have been triggered for about the last 4 years over something that doesn't concern you and isn't even taking place in this country. The reason you have had some many usernames is you can't go a day without being triggered.
This user liked this post: HahaYeah

claretonthecoast1882
Posts: 3559
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Been Liked: 1634 times
Has Liked: 53 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:16 am

Spijed wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:11 am
Does it not disturb you that some people in Texas who support trump want the death penalty for women who have an abortion?

Even you must be appalled at such views.
When you say "even me" what does that mean ?

Does it concern me ? Something happening in Texas ? No does it ****

Is it wrong, of course it is, but why would it concern me, what are you doing to change this if it concerns you this much ?

Does it concern you that in some countries gay people are stoned to death ? Even you must be appalled at such views, yet you seem more concerned about Texas than someone being stoned to death

GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 5636
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 1114 times
Has Liked: 2318 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:23 am

PeterWilton wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:05 am
You know that's not actually a law, right? And the creator of the term now regrets it because of how often it is used by fascists to suppress discussion about fascism.

I bet you knew neither of those things. But now you do. You're welcome.
Either way, you're obsessed with linking as much stuff as possible to the Nazi regime.

You really need help, you've been at this for years now.

Murger
Posts: 1962
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:55 pm
Been Liked: 540 times
Has Liked: 538 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Murger » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:26 am

I'm still waiting for him to be impeached.

GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 5636
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 1114 times
Has Liked: 2318 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:28 am

Murger wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:26 am
I'm still waiting for him to be impeached.
Let's not forget those other claims, that he wouldn't win the election, wouldn't last a year in office, would be thrown out of office etc.

Also he wouldn't win a 2nd term.... That's gonna be interesting if he does.
Last edited by GodIsADeeJay81 on Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenmile
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 829 times
Has Liked: 2724 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Greenmile » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:28 am

Murger wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:26 am
I'm still waiting for him to be impeached.
You haven’t been keeping up very well have you. Are you still waiting for Liverpool to win the Premier League, too?

Devils_Advocate
Posts: 7463
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 2919 times
Has Liked: 549 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:29 am

Murger wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:26 am
I'm still waiting for him to be impeached.
Its already happened you must have been having a snooze at the time :lol: :lol: :lol:

GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 5636
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 1114 times
Has Liked: 2318 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:27 am

All we need to do now is wait for Trump to be found guilty of the charges he was impeached for...

Oh wait.

Spijed
Posts: 12311
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 2114 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Spijed » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:29 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:28 am
Let's not forget those other claims, that he wouldn't win the election, wouldn't last a year in office, would be thrown out of office etc.

Also he wouldn't win a 2nd term.... That's gonna be interesting if he does.
It's clearly obvious he can't win by votes alone as Biden is too far ahead in the polls for them to be wrong enough this time (Margin of error).

It's only if he can get enough mail in votes thrown out that he can win.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:33 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:23 am
Either way, you're obsessed with linking as much stuff as possible to the Nazi regime.

You really need help, you've been at this for years now.
I only started posting this year a few months ago.

And yes, there's a lot of similarities between Trump's administration and Hitler's. The only real difference is that Trump isn't the true believer that Hitler was.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:34 am

Murger wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:26 am
I'm still waiting for him to be impeached.

I'm excited for you that you can look forward to Burnley getting promoted to the Premier League. Owen Coyle is God. Woo.

Damo
Posts: 4105
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:04 pm
Been Liked: 1578 times
Has Liked: 2427 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Damo » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:08 am

PeterWilton wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:33 am
I only started posting this year a few months ago.

And yes, there's a lot of similarities between Trump's administration and Hitler's. The only real difference is that Trump isn't the true believer that Hitler was.
download.jpeg.jpg
download.jpeg.jpg (9.31 KiB) Viewed 546 times
These 3 users liked this post: HahaYeah GodIsADeeJay81 KateR

android
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 am
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by android » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:18 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:42 am
This activity would be the first step of a whole range of measures for the consultants to improve the situation. The first stage would be to understand the here and now and one way they can do that is listen to the people who work here and thats what this is. They would have access to and assess other parts of the business like process and policies. With this information thy would identify areas that could be improved and then they would be a whole programme of activities to help the business and its employees move forward.

I have explained the race baiting in that the only news sources I have found for the story that you have introduced are right wing misinformation rags and a Twitter account which is full of race baiting material and really awful stuff to get people angry and to devide the different races

I have asked a few times for you to provide me your source for this story and as you have avoided this my only logical solution is that you have got it from one of the news sources I have mentioned. Furthermore if this is the kind of sources and people you follow and put your trust in I can only assume you go along with their race baiting. If there is a reputable news source which ran this story which alerted it to you then I will take that onboard and alter my views accordingly

I see you are now moving to you usual modus operandi of trying to make out the other side is pathetic and disingenuous so you can run away from the conversation once you see that people are going to keep pushing you on the detail and facts of the discussion.

Now if you want to run away then thats fine but my ask is simple is simply to show me where you got this story from such that you put so much faith in it and it causes you so much concern
I would be happy to debate with someone who engages with the opinions and facts presented. But there always seems to come a point where you bring out the slurs and start inventing motives for me - "race baiting" in this case - it is just pathetic and your comprehension skills from what I have told you about why this stuff bothers me must be better than that so I don't know why you do it.

Maybe you can tell me your source for all the information you have given in your first paragraph? Maybe you can tell me why you keep flitting from defending what KCLS did to claiming it is not true? Maybe you can answer my questions that you never answered about how KCLS determined their staff "caucuses"?

I do not "follow" anyone. I'm not on social media unless this counts. I am happy to take my news from a wide variety of sources and I actively look out for opinions of people / organisations I disagree with. It does not matter whether I agree with the provider's opinion. I couldn't give a monkey's chuff what you think of my sources. What matters is whether information is true or not. This came to me via a photo I saw on twitter and I googled it and in this case, KCLS's statement confirmed that it was true, so I posted it as an example of the kind of thing that is happening and I find desperately sad and very much the wrong way to go if we wish to improve race relations.

A debate has to be a two way street DA and I am happy to debate what you tell me. You do that in part, but when you start inventing things about my motives it becomes a waste of time.

That has to be my final word on this particular story. Do your worst. It's bound to get a like from Greenmile :roll:

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:23 am

Damo wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:08 am
download.jpeg.jpg
You called Biden a communist. Stop projecting how you "think" about things onto others.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 5636
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 1114 times
Has Liked: 2318 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:45 pm

Spijed wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:29 am
It's clearly obvious he can't win by votes alone as Biden is too far ahead in the polls for them to be wrong enough this time (Margin of error).

It's only if he can get enough mail in votes thrown out that he can win.
Fairly sure they predicted a Clinton win a few years ago, they just underestimated her lead etc.

Greenmile
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 829 times
Has Liked: 2724 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Greenmile » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:47 pm

android wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:18 am
I would be happy to debate with someone who engages with the opinions and facts presented. But there always seems to come a point where you bring out the slurs and start inventing motives for me - "race baiting" in this case - it is just pathetic and your comprehension skills from what I have told you about why this stuff bothers me must be better than that so I don't know why you do it.

Maybe you can tell me your source for all the information you have given in your first paragraph? Maybe you can tell me why you keep flitting from defending what KCLS did to claiming it is not true? Maybe you can answer my questions that you never answered about how KCLS determined their staff "caucuses"?

I do not "follow" anyone. I'm not on social media unless this counts. I am happy to take my news from a wide variety of sources and I actively look out for opinions of people / organisations I disagree with. It does not matter whether I agree with the provider's opinion. I couldn't give a monkey's chuff what you think of my sources. What matters is whether information is true or not. This came to me via a photo I saw on twitter and I googled it and in this case, KCLS's statement confirmed that it was true, so I posted it as an example of the kind of thing that is happening and I find desperately sad and very much the wrong way to go if we wish to improve race relations.

A debate has to be a two way street DA and I am happy to debate what you tell me. You do that in part, but when you start inventing things about my motives it becomes a waste of time.

That has to be my final word on this particular story. Do your worst. It's bound to get a like from Greenmile :roll:
You know that Twitter is a social media platform, right? Who posted the photo you saw?

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:49 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:45 pm
Fairly sure they predicted a Clinton win a few years ago, they just underestimated her lead etc.
Another tired old fallacy spread by those ignorant of what they actually said, and of what happened.

The polls showed Clinton would win the national vote, which she did.

The forecasts showed Trump had a significant chance to win, which he evidently did.

The one I trust for accuracy, Fivethirtyeight.com, gave him about a 30% chance of winning.

Stop with the "but the polls were wrong" nonsense. You've had 4 years to fact check this and it doesn't take much effort.

GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 5636
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 1114 times
Has Liked: 2318 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:56 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:49 pm
Another tired old fallacy spread by those ignorant of what they actually said, and of what happened.

The polls showed Clinton would win the national vote, which she did.

The forecasts showed Trump had a significant chance to win, which he evidently did.

The one I trust for accuracy, Fivethirtyeight.com, gave him about a 30% chance of winning.

Stop with the "but the polls were wrong" nonsense. You've had 4 years to fact check this and it doesn't take much effort.
Be quiet you arrogant sod.

The polls showed she would win the popular vote, I know that and Trump won the more important college side of it.

I'm aware of all of that, but the point was I'm reference to the polls having Biden way out in front.

Spijed
Posts: 12311
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 2114 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Spijed » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:00 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:56 pm
Be quiet you arrogant sod.

The polls showed she would win the popular vote, I know that and Trump won the more important college side of it.

I'm aware of all of that, but the point was I'm reference to the polls having Biden way out in front.

They underestimated the uneducated white vote which voted for Trump. Plus there were many undecided votes who switched to Trump.

The polls you now see have more weighting for Trump's vote.

Plus, as one reporter pointed out Trump is campaigning heavily in States he won last time, suggesting Republicans think the current polls are correct

This explains what happened:
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10 ... g-on-biden
Last edited by Spijed on Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:00 pm

Republicans have adjourned the senate until November 9th, so when it comes to filling a supreme court seat with their Christian extremist or helping victims of the Coronavirus feed and house themselves I think we can see what their priority was.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:14 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:56 pm
Be quiet you arrogant sod.

The polls showed she would win the popular vote, I know that and Trump won the more important college side of it.

I'm aware of all of that, but the point was I'm reference to the polls having Biden way out in front.
You said the polls were wrong. They weren't. But I'm the arrogant one.

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the polls, just like there wasn't last time. Last time they had Clinton winning by a few points, and she won by a few points (about a point less than the average of national polling).

This time they have Biden winning by about 9 points. Even if the margin is actually half that after election day he'd still beat trump by about twice the margin Clinton won by, and Trump only converted that to an electoral college win by the skin of his teeth.

Without shenanigans (beyond the usual GOP shenanigans) Trump has very little hope unless the polls turn around, and there's absolutely no sign they will.

But we all know that Trump is massively corrupt so nothing is set in Stone.

KateR
Posts: 3078
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm
Been Liked: 614 times
Has Liked: 3896 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by KateR » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:40 pm

Spijed wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:00 pm
They underestimated the uneducated white vote which voted for Trump. Plus there were many undecided votes who switched to Trump.

The polls you now see have more weighting for Trump's vote.

Plus, as one reporter pointed out Trump is campaigning heavily in States he won last time, suggesting Republicans think the current polls are correct

This explains what happened:
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10 ... g-on-biden
What you posted was one persons view, is it a crystal ball or an educated guess, but what you added in terms of the "uneducated white vote" seems to be all you, I checked the article twice to see if he really said that, didn't find it, if it's there then I apologize.

You and your ilk always seem to come up with this absolute drivel (IMO) regarding the uneducated/stupid, who decide the votes that didn't go your way because you are of the superior intelligent group, it's insulting to millions. You need to read your own article, where he is seeing change, it is the exact opposite of your own dig and justification for being wrong so many times, it's the wealthier conservative suburbs that are turning away from Trump that will make the difference.

I have discussed 2016 with many Americans, as far as I can see the main reason Trump won, was so many said they could not Vote for Hilary and therefore, either did not vote or voted for Trump. This is the main difference I see, in that there is not the same depth of feeling against Biden as there was against Hilary and is likely to see a Biden win. 2016 was a mirror of the last GE when people could not vote for Corbyn and his policies, not that the uneducated voted for the Tories.

Additionally, the article is very clear on why the polls are wide now in terms of whom the overwhelming number of people are who are polling today and who are voting right now, he also says he sees it tightening and that Trump still has a chance, at least he is not stupid enough to dismiss Trump based on today's polls, unlike the few uneducated posters here.

exilecanada
Posts: 620
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 4:08 pm
Been Liked: 187 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by exilecanada » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:52 pm

Back to the original title "The next American President". I don't really care too much who the next POTUS is, as long as it's not the orange idiot! I've lived in Canada the majority of my adult life and it's important we have a working relationship with whomever is in office. In the past we've always had some disagreements about this, that or the other, but we've usually found a way to sort things out amicably. This lunatic is cut from different cloth. Amongst others things, he slapped a 25% tariff on Canadian aluminium, citing a security risk!!! As for calling Biden and Harris communists......that's really clutching at straws, but for some weird reason his base lap it all up! In his feeble if you don't subscribe to the 'he who dies with the most toys wins' philosophy, therefore you must be a communist.

A pitiful excuse for a leader!

Spijed
Posts: 12311
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 2114 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Spijed » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:55 pm

KateR wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:40 pm

You and your ilk always seem to come up with this absolute drivel (IMO) regarding the uneducated/stupid, who decide the votes that didn't go your way because you are of the superior intelligent group, it's insulting to millions. You need to read your own article, where he is seeing change, it is the exact opposite of your own dig and justification for being wrong so many times, it's the wealthier conservative suburbs that are turning away from Trump that will make the difference.
This did an analysis on this as to why the polls were wrong, and yes, it was down to education:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ed ... for-trump/

FCBurnley
Posts: 4722
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm
Been Liked: 1014 times
Has Liked: 568 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by FCBurnley » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:01 pm

exilecanada wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:52 pm
Back to the original title "The next American President". I don't really care too much who the next POTUS is, as long as it's not the orange idiot! I've lived in Canada the majority of my adult life and it's important we have a working relationship with whomever is in office. In the past we've always had some disagreements about this, that or the other, but we've usually found a way to sort things out amicably. This lunatic is cut from different cloth. Amongst others things, he slapped a 25% tariff on Canadian aluminium, citing a security risk!!! As for calling Biden and Harris communists......that's really clutching at straws, but for some weird reason his base lap it all up! In his feeble if you don't subscribe to the 'he who dies with the most toys wins' philosophy, therefore you must be a communist.

A pitiful excuse for a leader!
Yeah we need a true world leader like Trudeau

KateR
Posts: 3078
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm
Been Liked: 614 times
Has Liked: 3896 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by KateR » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:02 pm

laughable

I can see why the High Income medium educated people would be so stupid when they shifted away from Hilary. Keep clutching at those straws

exilecanada
Posts: 620
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 4:08 pm
Been Liked: 187 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by exilecanada » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:25 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:01 pm
Yeah we need a true world leader like Trudeau

Trudeau doesn't claim to be a world leader. Canada doesn't claim to be the best country in world, however we do rank way above USA in many annual 'best countries to live' surveys.

FCBurnley
Posts: 4722
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm
Been Liked: 1014 times
Has Liked: 568 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by FCBurnley » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:30 pm

I love Canada it is a great country. But I don’t get involved in its politics as it is non of my business.

Greenmile
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 829 times
Has Liked: 2724 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Greenmile » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:32 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:30 pm
I love Canada it is a great country. But I don’t get involved in its politics as it is non of my business.
You seem happy enough to use their language, though.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:45 pm

I notice the "their politics is none of my business" attitude isn't shared in the American government. They've been all too willing to get involved in the politics of other nations. So I feel entirely at easy getting involved in theirs.

Not to mention their politics does impact me and my country so even if they weren't meddling, the fact that they can allow a disease to run rampant in their country and do nothing to mitigate it, and then let their diseased citizens come to my country means what goes on in their country is very much my business.

FCBurnley
Posts: 4722
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm
Been Liked: 1014 times
Has Liked: 568 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by FCBurnley » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:46 pm

Greenmile wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:32 pm
You seem happy enough to use their language, though.
??

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:48 pm

Also, sooner or later were gonna be at war with America. Unless we join them in becoming a fascist dictatorship when the right over there find a competent dictator to rally behind. So it's worth keeping an eye on from over here.

FCBurnley
Posts: 4722
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm
Been Liked: 1014 times
Has Liked: 568 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by FCBurnley » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:48 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:45 pm
I notice the "their politics is none of my business" attitude isn't shared in the American government. They've been all too willing to get involved in the politics of other nations. So I feel entirely at easy getting involved in theirs.

Not to mention their politics does impact me and my country so even if they weren't meddling, the fact that they can allow a disease to run rampant in their country and do nothing to mitigate it, and then let their diseased citizens come to my country means what goes on in their country is very much my business.
Where do you live ?

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:48 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:46 pm
??
He was making fun of a typo.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:48 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:48 pm
Where do you live ?
That's irrelevant.

FCBurnley
Posts: 4722
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm
Been Liked: 1014 times
Has Liked: 568 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by FCBurnley » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:52 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:48 pm
That's irrelevant.
You refer to where you live as over here so it is very relevant. Can only assume you live in China if you are expecting to be at war with America

basil6345789
Posts: 1655
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:22 pm
Been Liked: 304 times
Has Liked: 1348 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by basil6345789 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:57 pm

Democrats need to ditch Sleepy Joe and promote that bird - she's class!

GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 5636
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 1114 times
Has Liked: 2318 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:01 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:14 pm
You said the polls were wrong. They weren't. But I'm the arrogant one.

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the polls, just like there wasn't last time. Last time they had Clinton winning by a few points, and she won by a few points (about a point less than the average of national polling).

This time they have Biden winning by about 9 points. Even if the margin is actually half that after election day he'd still beat trump by about twice the margin Clinton won by, and Trump only converted that to an electoral college win by the skin of his teeth.

Without shenanigans (beyond the usual GOP shenanigans) Trump has very little hope unless the polls turn around, and there's absolutely no sign they will.

But we all know that Trump is massively corrupt so nothing is set in Stone.

Clinton won....

Well she's been an outstanding president thus far :lol:

She lost, regardless of winning the popular vote she failed where it mattered and that was my point, but you're so effing anal about things you can't seem to allow generalisations.
You'll never change

Locked