The next American President?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 5625
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 2313 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:01 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:52 pm
You refer to where you live as over here so it is very relevant. Can only assume you live in China if you are expecting to be at war with America
Scotsman in England.

Greenmile
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 829 times
Has Liked: 2724 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Greenmile » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:10 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:46 pm
??
Just my little joke. “Non” isn’t a word in English (UK or US), but it is a French word (and presumably French-Canadian, too).

FCBurnley
Posts: 4721
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm
Been Liked: 1014 times
Has Liked: 568 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by FCBurnley » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:13 pm

basil6345789 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:57 pm
Democrats need to ditch Sleepy Joe and promote that bird - she's class!
They will between Nov 3 and Jan 1

FCBurnley
Posts: 4721
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm
Been Liked: 1014 times
Has Liked: 568 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by FCBurnley » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:16 pm

Greenmile wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:10 pm
Just my little joke. “Non” isn’t a word in English (UK or US), but it is a French word (and presumably French-Canadian, too).
Got it

Clearly I am bilingual and I can pronounce Newfoundland

FCBurnley
Posts: 4721
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm
Been Liked: 1014 times
Has Liked: 568 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by FCBurnley » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:17 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:01 pm
Scotsman in England.
Padiham to be exact

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:28 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:52 pm
You refer to where you live as over here so it is very relevant. Can only assume you live in China if you are expecting to be at war with America
Oh. I see why you ask now.

No. The UK. we have a history of fighting against fascism in the west, and I would hope that continues when America goes full fascist.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:31 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:01 pm
Clinton won....

Well she's been an outstanding president thus far :lol:

She lost, regardless of winning the popular vote she failed where it mattered and that was my point, but you're so effing anal about things you can't seem to allow generalisations.
You'll never change
I had a feeling someone would try to take what I said out of context to score some points, knowing full well the context means I was clearly referring to the national popular vote only. I'm not surprised it was you, to be honest.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:32 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:17 pm
Padiham to be exact
How do you know I live in Padiham? Are you friends with claretonthecoast1882 and are pooling resources into stalking fellow forum members? I hope it didn't cost too much, and that you kept receipts.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:36 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:16 pm
Got it

Clearly I am bilingual and I can pronounce Newfoundland
A fellow QI viewer. Clearly a man/woman of culture. *smokes pipe*

exilecanada
Posts: 620
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 4:08 pm
Been Liked: 187 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by exilecanada » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:43 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:16 pm


Clearly I am bilingual and I can pronounce Newfoundland


I'm impressed :D


Can you pronounce Mississauga, Etobicoke and Saskatchewan? :lol:

GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 5625
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 2313 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:11 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:31 pm
I had a feeling someone would try to take what I said out of context to score some points, knowing full well the context means I was clearly referring to the national popular vote only. I'm not surprised it was you, to be honest.
You're the one who butted in and tried in your arrogance to educate me on something I already knew.

It was a generalised chat about Polls, it didn't need to be 100% anally accurate.

Yes she won something, but she finished 2nd where it mattered, but that doesn't seem to matter to you for some bizarre reason.

So maybe next time think before you post, ask a question instead of assuming that one of us doesn't know and try to belittle us in the process.
We all know lots of things, we just minimise what we say to make the conversation move along.

You've been here long enough to know that.

You must be a nightmare in a social situation, chatting with you has got to be long winded with you labouring every point....

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:16 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:11 pm
You're the one who butted in and tried in your arrogance to educate me on something I already knew.

It was a generalised chat about Polls, it didn't need to be 100% anally accurate.

Yes she won something, but she finished 2nd where it mattered, but that doesn't seem to matter to you for some bizarre reason.

So maybe next time think before you post, ask a question instead of assuming that one of us doesn't know and try to belittle us in the process.
We all know lots of things, we just minimise what we say to make the conversation move along.

You've been here long enough to know that.

You must be a nightmare in a social situation, chatting with you has got to be long winded with you labouring every point....
I'm bored of you already. You claimed the polls were wrong. You were wrong. Now stop whining over being corrected.

FCBurnley
Posts: 4721
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm
Been Liked: 1014 times
Has Liked: 568 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by FCBurnley » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:07 pm

exilecanada wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:43 pm
I'm impressed :D


Can you pronounce Mississauga, Etobicoke and Saskatchewan? :lol:
Sorry no. Only newfunlund. But I have flown to Comox haha

GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 5625
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 2313 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:46 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:16 pm
I'm bored of you already. You claimed the polls were wrong. You were wrong. Now stop whining over being corrected.
Polls showed Clinton in the lead, that's why Trumps victory was a shock.
Clinton won the popular vote but not the college one.

It's your arrogance that is annoying, but I should be used to it now after years of watching your behaviour on here.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:48 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:46 pm
Polls showed Clinton in the lead, that's why Trumps victory was a shock.
Clinton won the popular vote but not the college one.

If you'd bothered to actually read my post you'd know I explicitly pointed out that Trump won the electoral college. *facepalm*

GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 5625
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 2313 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:52 pm

PeterWilton wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:48 pm
If you'd bothered to actually read my post you'd know I explicitly pointed out that Trump won the electoral college. *facepalm*
I didn't need to read your effing post.

You've been harping on about the polls being right because Clinton won the popular vote which I've laughed at because she still didn't become president, much to your utter chagrin at the time.

Like I've said, you just waded in and assumed I was ignorant of what went on, because you're an arrogant sod.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:58 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:52 pm
I didn't need to read your effing post.

You've been harping on about the polls being right because Clinton won the popular vote which I've laughed at because she still didn't become president, much to your utter chagrin at the time.

Like I've said, you just waded in and assumed I was ignorant of what went on, because you're an arrogant sod.
:lol: :lol:

Didn't need to read my effing post, and then proceeded to criticise me for not saying something that I actually said in the effing post he didn't need to read.

Oh GodIsADeeJay81, you're a funny 'un.

HahaYeah
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:33 am
Been Liked: 32 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by HahaYeah » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:20 pm

How to Spot a Zombie - YouTube :geek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5KNJrt_DTo

With your help...We can prevent a zombie uprising...

:P

Spijed
Posts: 12306
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 2113 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Spijed » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:03 pm

HahaYeah wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:20 pm
How to Spot a Zombie - YouTube :geek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5KNJrt_DTo

With your help...We can prevent a zombie uprising...

:P
What are you going to do in a weeks time?

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:13 pm

When you think about all the Trumpers who think Joe Biden is corrupt because his son might have tried to set up a meeting that never happened, it makes you wonder what they must think about a candidate for president who owes $900,000,000 that's due in the next 4 years.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:17 pm

And we hear a lot about how the left are so offended about everything on other people's behalf, but you don't regularly see the left send death threats to journalists because they were offended on behalf of Biden because he was asked tough questions.

Yes. Lesley Stahl has received death threats because Trump threw a tantrum.

gandhisflipflop
Posts: 2335
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm
Been Liked: 818 times
Has Liked: 571 times
Location: Costa del Padihamos beach.

Re: The next American President?

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:54 pm

Turtle didn't think trump would last a year in office.....

KateR
Posts: 3066
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm
Been Liked: 608 times
Has Liked: 3886 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by KateR » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:25 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:54 pm
Turtle didn't think trump would last a year in office.....
do you think that might be part of the reason why he disappeared for about 3 years, when once again he was shown to be a serial loser once to often, when trying to apply his twisted logic to facts that existed only in his head? Mastermind specialist subjects, Transgender, America and Trump, Failed, Failed and Failed Miserably, heads back under his rock. :lol:
These 2 users liked this post: Quicknick gandhisflipflop

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:57 am

https://v.redd.it/u75avqjhxqv51

This is who you side with when you side with Trump.
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

Spijed
Posts: 12306
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 2113 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Spijed » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:05 am

PeterWilton wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:57 am
https://v.redd.it/u75avqjhxqv51

This is who you side with when you side with Trump.
Sadly, some on here think intimidation like that is acceptable.

Wonder if he'll end up with a dry cough as well? ;)

android
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 am
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by android » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:45 pm

Greenmile wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:47 pm
You know that Twitter is a social media platform, right? Who posted the photo you saw?
A stunning contribution Greenmile. And what big fonts you gave me :oops: Well done!

I meant that I do not have a Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media account other than this board. I didn't mean I have never come across anything posted on those sites. I apologise for my lack of clarity and any misunderstanding caused.

The photo was not on the Twitter site that DA was hoping for, as it does not fit his description. I saw it on a parody Twitter account run for laughs (and book sales) rather than news (Titania McGrath - you will not like it as it pokes fun at people like Turtle). I then followed up on google, which took me to some unfamiliar news sites that I did not trust, until I saw the KCLS statement, which confirmed the veracity of the story. I apologise for any offence caused by me finding some of the things funny on said twitter account. It will be sorted once my compulsory re-education classes arrive.

As DA has gone quiet and in his absence, please can you answer the question I asked him about his source for the detailed information he gave about the events at KCLS?
It was in the post you liked and you seem to be as big on sources as DA so I'm confident you know.

Greenmile
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 829 times
Has Liked: 2724 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Greenmile » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:01 pm

android wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:45 pm
A stunning contribution Greenmile. And what big fonts you gave me :oops: Well done!

I meant that I do not have a Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media account other than this board. I didn't mean I have never come across anything posted on those sites. I apologise for my lack of clarity and any misunderstanding caused.

The photo was not on the Twitter site that DA was hoping for, as it does not fit his description. I saw it on a parody Twitter account run for laughs (and book sales) rather than news (Titania McGrath - you will not like it as it pokes fun at people like Turtle). I then followed up on google, which took me to some unfamiliar news sites that I did not trust, until I saw the KCLS statement, which confirmed the veracity of the story. I apologise for any offence caused by me finding some of the things funny on said twitter account. It will be sorted once my compulsory re-education classes arrive.

As DA has gone quiet and in his absence, please can you answer the question I asked him about his source for the detailed information he gave about the events at KCLS?
It was in the post you liked and you seem to be as big on sources as DA so I'm confident you know.
Finally.

So you got it from a Spiked journalist - well colour me shocked. How could a Koch-funded journalist ever get anything wrong?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titania_McGrath

I’ve no idea about DA’s sources - were not the same person, you know - but I suspect they might be a bit more reliable than a parody Twitter account which has been suspended for hate speech no less than four times.

Next time you want to spread your right-wing conspiracies, perhaps you could provide your sources from the outset; it will save us all a lot of time.

android
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 am
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by android » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:15 pm

What right wing conspiracy?

Caballo
Posts: 827
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:31 am
Been Liked: 319 times
Has Liked: 290 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Caballo » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:35 pm

I'll be glad when this crap is finished. Inevitably we'll have the vanquished side flouncing about a bit, proclaiming 'not my president'. Which in actual fact will be true for 99% of the contributors (I use the word loosely) to this thread.

android
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 am
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by android » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:42 pm

Greenmile wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:01 pm
Finally.

So you got it from a Spiked journalist - well colour me shocked. How could a Koch-funded journalist ever get anything wrong?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titania_McGrath

I’ve no idea about DA’s sources - were not the same person, you know - but I suspect they might be a bit more reliable than a parody Twitter account which has been suspended for hate speech no less than four times.

Next time you want to spread your right-wing conspiracies, perhaps you could provide your sources from the outset; it will save us all a lot of time.
What you are saying makes no sense. We are back in the territory of Liverpool not winning the PL last season because the Daily Mail reported it so it cannot be true.

DA and me were essentially using the same source for the basis of our discussion - the KCLS statement. If the photo was fake I'm pretty sure KCLS would have said so.

DA did obviously have additional sources to me because he gave a lot of additional information. And you accepted this without question because....well because what...because DA is a good person and I am a bad person?

As I said before the main thing for me is the truth not the initial source. I have no appetite for conspiracies whether right wing or left wing.

android
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 am
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by android » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:12 pm

One thing I have learnt from my attempts to debate a small story (but on an extremely important topic) is I now know the answer to the question of who I would most like to lose. I can't express actual support for winning for either of them. And I thought I would not know how I felt until next week or whenever the results are in.

But I think a Trump defeat would be better than a Biden defeat. I assume Trump would try to take on the crazy woke identity politics that I can't stand and which is exacerbating racial division (imo) but he is clearly not the right man for the job. Trump is far too much of a hate figure and rationality goes out of the window for so many when he does anything at all. At least if Biden gets in there is some hope of a return to some kind of normality. Somehow a bridge has to be built to the extreme rump of his party (and like minded people here) to try to keep the good bits of what they want to do and have a re-think on some of the crazier elements that need to be resisted. It's probably too late but I have to retain a small hope.

If he caves to the socialists that's another matter.

Greenmile
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm
Been Liked: 829 times
Has Liked: 2724 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Greenmile » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:16 pm

android wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:42 pm
What you are saying makes no sense. We are back in the territory of Liverpool not winning the PL last season because the Daily Mail reported it so it cannot be true.

DA and me were essentially using the same source for the basis of our discussion - the KCLS statement. If the photo was fake I'm pretty sure KCLS would have said so.

DA did obviously have additional sources to me because he gave a lot of additional information. And you accepted this without question because....well because what...because DA is a good person and I am a bad person?

As I said before the main thing for me is the truth not the initial source. I have no appetite for conspiracies whether right wing or left wing.
I give DA the benefit of the doubt as he didn’t spend post after post trying to hide what his sources were (looks to me like they were the statement from the institution in question) before finally being backed into a corner and admitting they were a parody Twitter account from a Koch-funded journalist with a history of hate speech.

It’s the same reason nobody takes Ringo seriously when he constantly quotes Andy Ngo.

If you don’t think that matters then we can add journalism to racism on the list of things android doesn’t understand.

android
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 am
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by android » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:26 pm

Greenmile wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:16 pm
I give DA the benefit of the doubt as he didn’t spend post after post trying to hide what his sources were (looks to me like they were the statement from the institution in question) before finally being backed into a corner and admitting they were a parody Twitter account from a Koch-funded journalist with a history of hate speech.

It’s the same reason nobody takes Ringo seriously when he constantly quotes Andy Ngo.

If you don’t think that matters then we can add journalism to racism on the list of things android doesn’t understand.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess we will find out whether DA is hiding his sources or not won't we. I asked him yesterday morning so I'm sure he will be along soon...

FCBurnley
Posts: 4721
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm
Been Liked: 1014 times
Has Liked: 568 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by FCBurnley » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:19 pm

android wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:12 pm
One thing I have learnt from my attempts to debate a small story (but on an extremely important topic) is I now know the answer to the question of who I would most like to lose. I can't express actual support for winning for either of them. And I thought I would not know how I felt until next week or whenever the results are in.

But I think a Trump defeat would be better than a Biden defeat. I assume Trump would try to take on the crazy woke identity politics that I can't stand and which is exacerbating racial division (imo) but he is clearly not the right man for the job. Trump is far too much of a hate figure and rationality goes out of the window for so many when he does anything at all. At least if Biden gets in there is some hope of a return to some kind of normality. Somehow a bridge has to be built to the extreme rump of his party (and like minded people here) to try to keep the good bits of what they want to do and have a re-think on some of the crazier elements that need to be resisted. It's probably too late but I have to retain a small hope.

If he caves to the socialists that's another matter.
Biden will not be President this time next year. He has already sold his soul to the left

KateR
Posts: 3066
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm
Been Liked: 608 times
Has Liked: 3886 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by KateR » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:29 pm

there are lot's of things to think about when making the final choice, Tax just being one, however so many here make the choice based on the candidate/man rather than the policies.
Attachments
TAX.png
TAX.png (65.89 KiB) Viewed 508 times
Tax1.png
Tax1.png (68.74 KiB) Viewed 508 times

HahaYeah
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:33 am
Been Liked: 32 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by HahaYeah » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:36 pm

Spijed wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:03 pm
What are you going to do in a weeks time?
Keep a Zombie out of the Whitehouse! :P

I won't be reading Ashley Biden's diary that's for sure :shock:

If the establishment can't rig the election and I avoid being imprisoned in a liberal fascist gulag for wrongthink then I'll be buying in four years worth of popcorn to enjoy Liberal Zombie Meltdown 2.0 :geek:

android
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 am
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by android » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:39 pm

KateR wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:29 pm
there are lot's of things to think about when making the final choice, Tax just being one, however so many here make the choice based on the candidate/man rather than the policies.
You are right of course. If I had a vote / lived in America I would have to look at it much more closely. I have been looking it at on essentially a single issue that I know will likely have serious repercussions in the UK. But the Trump era is exhausting and it is nearly impossible to have a sensible discussion on anything that involves him.

Taffy on the wing
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:41 am
Been Liked: 289 times
Has Liked: 1065 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Taffy on the wing » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:44 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:54 pm
Turtle didn't think trump would last a year in office.....
He wouldn't have.... If there was ONE person of conscience in the Republican party.

KateR
Posts: 3066
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm
Been Liked: 608 times
Has Liked: 3886 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by KateR » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:48 pm

android wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:39 pm
You are right of course. If I had a vote / lived in America I would have to look at it much more closely. I have been looking it at on essentially a single issue that I know will likely have serious repercussions in the UK. But the Trump era is exhausting and it is nearly impossible to have a sensible discussion on anything that involves him.
appreciate what you're saying and many times it's like watching Burnley play a team, Spurs for example Monday, you want to predict the score, your heart tells you one thing but then your brain starts internalizing and you have to make a choice, outcome of reality can be hurtful or surprising, sometimes both.

However when you look at the Tax differences then people who invest, plenty of them in the UK, need to assess what effect the final outcome will have on the investments they made, same heart and brain conundrum.

Global Warming is another issue near and dear to me, the difference between the policies needs to be reviewed and fully understood before jumping to conclusions, another heart and brain conundrum. Etc. Etc.

Vegas Claret
Posts: 17368
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5619 times
Has Liked: 2725 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: The next American President?

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:58 pm

Trump and policy in the same sentence, hilarious

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:04 pm

Someone in this thread, presumably with a TBI, thinks that "liberal fascism" can be a thing. Lol.

KateR
Posts: 3066
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm
Been Liked: 608 times
Has Liked: 3886 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by KateR » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:06 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:58 pm
Trump and policy in the same sentence, hilarious
it's hilarious when things are there in black and white for everyone to see, that some are so blind they can't see it. Ostrich syndrome comes to mind. :)

Rileybobs
Posts: 8894
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 3666 times
Has Liked: 834 times
Location: Leeds

Re: The next American President?

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:06 pm

Has anyone seen The Trump Show, 3 part documentary on BBC, available on catch up? Only seen the first part but found it very good.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:09 pm

And yes, that same person who thinks that Biden is a Liberal fascist did in fact hit "like" on Damo's bad faith post about how I call everyone I disagree with a nazi.

I'm sure Damo, who definitely isn't a Trump supporters and definitely doesn't only attack/mock Trump opponents, will be along soon to criticise HahaYeah for his post.

Spijed
Posts: 12306
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 2113 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Spijed » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:45 pm

Interesting point that Biden is campaigning in Georgia, a state the Democrats haven't won in nearly 30 years, whereas Trump is going round all the rust belt ones.

The pollsters think they are on the money this time.

Vegas Claret
Posts: 17368
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 5619 times
Has Liked: 2725 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: The next American President?

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:49 pm

KateR wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:06 pm
it's hilarious when things are there in black and white for everyone to see, that some are so blind they can't see it. Ostrich syndrome comes to mind. :)
someone show me his healthcare policy

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:25 pm

Spijed wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:45 pm
Interesting point that Biden is campaigning in Georgia, a state the Democrats haven't won in nearly 30 years, whereas Trump is going round all the rust belt ones.

The pollsters think they are on the money this time.
Biden's not just thinking about winning the election, he also needs a Democratic senate, and there are two very winnable senate races in Georgia.

PeterWilton
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:17 am
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by PeterWilton » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:29 pm

KateR wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:06 pm
it's hilarious when things are there in black and white for everyone to see, that some are so blind they can't see it. Ostrich syndrome comes to mind. :)
Trump is saying the Coronavirus has been defeated. Tell me more a out "ostrich syndrome".

Devils_Advocate
Posts: 7460
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 2918 times
Has Liked: 549 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:06 pm

android wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:26 pm
I guess we will find out whether DA is hiding his sources or not won't we. I asked him yesterday morning so I'm sure he will be along soon...
A picture was taken showing that there was an activity (DEI Session) where white people and people of colour were split into separate groups for the purpose of that session

It has been claimed that this was a training/learning session where the employees were taught or given information

There has been no evidence or first hand accounts that this was the case

The institution who have never tried to deny the picture was real are the only people to provide an explanation of what this was about and they advised the following
  • In 2019 consultants were brought in to help with concerns raised around institutional racial equity within the workplace
  • The consultants recommended as a first action to hold listening sessions to help them understand what the current concerns and situation was
  • The listening sessions were voluntary for employees except for management. It was compulsory for management because as part of their role they need to be able to support their people so they needed awareness of what has taken place. The implication here is that as it is just a listening session the managers would not have to contribute if they did not wish to
  • The aim of the session was to enable the consultants to go away and create a report and recommendations on any positive actions that could be taken help address any concerns expressed around racial equity
There is no evidence to suggest what KCLS is saying is not the truth and there is no more context provided around what part of the overall process did these sessions make up or what was the reasoning for splitting up the groups by race

Without any facts (other than a picture and the KCLS statement) or any context around why consultants were brought in (what was seen as the benefit of dividing the groups, what other activity's were carried out with the employees, how much buy in and engagement there was, what was the output from the whole experience) Android decided that this surmounted to racial segregation and linked it to fears around CRT & White Privilege Android went on to suggest that KCLS were lying and using lawyers to carefully word their response.

I took a different approach and looked up the story on various SM sites to try and get a feel of what was going on (a listening session to inform me you may say). I found the following
  • 2 right wing media sites running the story of which one is a far right propaganda machine and the other has a huge right wing bias and is reportedly not to hot on facts
  • One of the reports linked to a Twitter feed where I could see it was a story being run from someone who's focus seems to be alt right and CRT issues with an echo chamber following
  • The official statement from KCLS I have detailed above
My conclusion was that the most reliable source of information was that of KCLS so unless given good reason to doubt their version of events thats what I will go with

The fact that this story has gone nowhere and not been picked up by any reputable news source is a red flag that it is no more than agenda driven race baiting by people who are likely profiting for website clicks or followers

In terms of my sources that Android as asked for I will explain that I havent claimed to know more that what is in the statement provided by KCLS but in the interest of good debate I put forward some examples to argue against the KCLS must be lying as there is no good reason for spitting people by colour other than to run a racially segregated training session

My first set of examples were of my own real experiences working for a large company of how it addresses societal issues. I explained that I have attended sessions on Mental Health and LGBQT that were open discussion sessions for us the employees and nothing like training sessions and was always optional. I also added that this week the company has asked people to participate in a survey about diversity & inclusivity

My second example was again my own experience this time working with consultants. Whenever I have seen consultants come in to a business the first thing they always want to do is listen and understand.

My final example was to highlight that there are genuinely good intentioned reasons why when addressing race equity they might want to segregate the groups. I used a recent channel 4 series where this approach was taken as it was looking to tackle unconscious bias and those behind it had found you get far more open and productive conversations when you get people into groups based on colour for a small part of the process.

My examples were there to illustrate that the claim KCLS made is perfectly plausible and much more reliable than the news sources trying to attack them or as in Androids case someone looking at a picture with no context and jumping to some pretty damning conclusions

I havent bothered replying Android because your admission that you just saw the picture and based you whole premise on KLCS confirming the picture was real whilst dismissing everything else from them has confirmed all I needed to know. I am not interested in political point scoring or trying to win an argument but I detest people who use subjects such as racism, homophobia or any bigotry as a political tool and Ive seen evidence of this in your previous postings on other topics and this conversation just strengthened that view

I got what I wanted from this exchange from your final admission to which I didnt reply so I am happy to let you carry on as you so wish

KateR
Posts: 3066
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm
Been Liked: 608 times
Has Liked: 3886 times

Re: The next American President?

Post by KateR » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:09 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:49 pm
someone show me his healthcare policy
Vegas, is it your contention that America since the day he took office has been running without a healthcare policy and people are just doing what they want because there is no policy? This is the same answer to every other Governmental department that requires a policy. I can see not being happy with any number of things he is responsible for and complaining attacking them, I totally accept we should be able see the alternative to anything that is removed/changed/modified from the Obama era.

Locked