Football Leadership Diversity Code

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Re: Football Leadership Diversity Code

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:31 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:23 pm
Anything that limits the amount of white men the better
"White privilege" will only end when we are all dead, or being shipped to Africa in chains.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:38 pm

"I'm proud of my black skin,"said the African.

"I'm proud of my brown skin," said the Asian.

"I'm proud of my white skin " said the racist.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:41 pm

ten bellies wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:50 pm
More right on box ticking objectives that create division. For real equality how about insisting on employing someone from a background of poverty, regardless of ethnicity, ability or qualifications. Perhaps that could be further refined, must be a child of single parent family, or better still, have been in care for at least 10 years and the victim of abuse. The more disadvantaged the more smarty points the employer gains. FFS!
Can I ask who is being divided? I'm not sure who is being divided. I reckon the concern that it will create division and foster resentment between white people and non-white people is actually a wishful desire dressed up as a prediction. As though to say "scrap this initiative...or else...you know". If a person were to suppose a 'concern' for the, shall we say, career enfranchisement of minority groups, but their willingness to give underrepresented minority groups a leg-up stops at the point where practical, if imperfect, initiatives begin to upset people who clearly don't have any concern for minority groups and in fact prefer the status quo, not only would that person be no advocate for minority groups, but their attitude would be working in opposition to their affected concern for the welfare of minority groups, so I can only assume the division you're talking about is between minorities and racists, and crucially that division already exists, so it's not a coherent argument against policy. So, who is being divided?

I'd also add that while you're right to talk about poverty, it's worth pointing out that the effects of poverty in this country are often compounded by a person's race according to most social scientists' understanding of poverty. I don't know if you intended to make this point. Finally I'd just reiterate that these initiatives aren't quotas, but targets. It's the difference between being compelled to do a hundred push-ups, and setting yourself the target of being able to do a hundred push-ups. The last line in the first post,

Shortlists for interview will have at least one male and one female Black, Asian or of Mixed Heritage candidate (if applicants meeting the job specifications apply)

...should alleviate your concerns, because unqualified people won't be given an interview, let alone a job. Only those who are qualified and actually apply will be interviewed.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:50 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:38 pm
"I'm proud of my black skin,"said the African.

"I'm proud of my white skin " said the racist.
Basically, yes, because when a person in a predominantly white country with a minority population of non-white ethnic groups says that they are proud of their white skin (or more commonly, being white), what they often mean by that is they're proud of being one rung higher on the socioeconomic ladder than black and Asian people - they're proud of having marginally more power than them, and every so often, power over them. This is why nazis literally shout "white power".

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:55 pm

Spiral wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:50 pm
Basically, yes, because when a person in a predominantly white country with a minority population of non-white ethnic groups says that they are proud of their white skin (or more commonly, being white), what they often mean by that is they're proud of being one rung higher on the socioeconomic ladder than black and Asian people - they're proud of having marginally more power than them, and every so often, power over them. This is why nazis literally shout "white power".

:lol: :lol: Pathetic.

And when a brown person says "I'm proud of my brown skin" in a predominantly brown country with a white minority he's racist too is he!!??

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:59 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:55 pm
:lol: :lol: Pathetic.

And when a brown person says "I'm proud of my brown skin" in a predominantly brown country with a white minority he's racist too is he!!??
Yes, if done in the way a white person in Britain might say "white power", assuming it's the inverse of the scenario I've laid out above. I thought that would be obvious.

Notable exceptions: Apartheid SA, or any other country in which a minority (race, religion, ethnicity etc) has political and socioeconomic power over a majority. Basically, it all comes down to power.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:05 pm

Spiral wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:59 pm
Yes, if used in the way a white person in Britain might say "white power". It's the inverse of the scenario I've laid out above. I thought that would be obvious.
And it's all based on a twisted assumption, projection on your part, that when white people say theyre proud of their heritage traditions and culture that they doing it cos they're "proud of being one rung higher on the socioeconomic ladder than black and Asian people - they're proud of having marginally more power than them, and every so often, power over them."

You've got absolutely no way of knowing what they're thinking. None whatsoever. Only the twisted anti white Marxist assumption that you've clearly been groomed into assuming.

Any idea when Bollywood will become more "diverse"?

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:16 pm

It's typically based on the fact that the only folks who make a song and dance in celebration of having white skin are the ones who happen to be racist. Folk with power don't usually feel the need to lift their very essence and being and wear it as armour unless they somehow feel that power they have is under threat. White people generally don't celebrate their whiteness because it's bloody weird. Well, the weirdos do, obviously.

I know less than nothing about Bollywood, but I do know that drawing on one of the most racist countries on Earth in order to make a point about racism is a bit odd. What relevance does that have to Britain?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:18 pm

Stop being a myopic Little Englander and seeing things on such a parochial level.

White people, globally , are an ethnic minority. It's no accident that they appear in grestest numbers in their European homeland.

Yet increasingly the cultural Marxists want to make them have some form of guilt for simply existing where they have done for millennia. While the more recent arrivals, increasingly , are emboldened to see while people as an irritating inconvenience.

A "Diversity Code" is nothing more than anti white racist discrimination.

Given footballs origins I see it as clear cultural appropriation.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:25 pm

You're at it again, with the great replacement, and the cultural Marxism, and the rest of the white nationalist rhetoric. The concept of a 'homeland' in the context you're using is pure ethnostate logic. Good look trying to convince anyone you aren't what you quite obviously are. You're fourteen words away from being on a bloody government surveillance programme - coincidentally, the type of programme I'm opposed to and for which you probably think I'm some sort or you-know-what sympathiser.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:27 pm

Spiral wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:16 pm
. White people generally don't celebrate their whiteness because it's bloody weird. Well, the weirdos do, obviously.
In a nutshell!

It's "weird "for white people to celebrate whiteness.

Architects, physicians, poets, scientists, musicians, explorers, sportsmen, writers, inventors. Hundreds of thousands of them white. All contributed to mankind's progress. Yet to cultural Marxists, to celebrate it would be "weird"!

Like I said, according to cultural Marxists-

"I'm proud of my black skin," said the African

"I'm proud of my white skin" said the "weird" racist.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:33 pm

Spiral wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:25 pm
You're at it again, with the great replacement, and the cultural Marxism, and the rest of the white nationalist rhetoric. The concept of a 'homeland' in the context you're using is pure ethnostate logic. Good look trying to convince anyone you aren't what you quite obviously are. You're fourteen words away from being on a bloody government surveillance programme - coincidentally, the type of programme I'm opposed to and for which you probably think I'm some sort or you-know-what sympathiser.

Africa for Africans

Asia for Asians.

Europe for everyone.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:35 pm

And dildos for Ringo! (And Elizabeth, obviously. Got to be a considerate lover, see).

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:37 pm

Spiral wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:35 pm
And dildos for Ringo! (And Elizabeth, obviously. Got to be a considerate lover, see).
When you've stooped to that level, I think you should bow out quietly.

If not you , I'll end it here for us both.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:42 pm

Well the idea was to be deliberate in what I post to get you to talk enough that you eventually let the mask slip, and I think that's a job thoroughly well done. Nobody reading your posts will come to any conclusion about you other than the one that occurs naturally when reading someone posting white-nationalist theory. Bye, Elizabeth.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5521 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:42 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:27 pm
In a nutshell!

It's "weird "for white people to celebrate whiteness.

Architects, physicians, poets, scientists, musicians, explorers, sportsmen, writers, inventors. Hundreds of thousands of them white. All contributed to mankind's progress. Yet to cultural Marxists, to celebrate it would be "weird"!

Like I said, according to cultural Marxists-

"I'm proud of my black skin," said the African

"I'm proud of my white skin" said the "weird" racist.
In a nutshell indeed.

Nobody is saying it is weird to celebrate the achievements of Architects, physicians, poets, scientists, musicians, explorers, sportsmen, writers, inventors.

What is weird is celebrating them because they're white.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:52 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:42 am
In a nutshell indeed.

Nobody is saying it is weird to celebrate the achievements of Architects, physicians, poets, scientists, musicians, explorers, sportsmen, writers, inventors.

And there it is - the voice of reason and common sense on yet another thread deliberately ruined by our resident racist.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Post by Rowls » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:52 am

Racial quotas.

Judging people by the colour of their skin instead of their abilities and the content of their character.

It truly sickens me. It’s wrong.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:00 am

All jobs, open to everyone, regardless of colour, sex, place of birth, age etc..... Then pick the best candidates for the job in question. That normally means you get the best person for the job, which surely is the aim.... Is it not?
This user liked this post: Bosscat

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:01 am

Normally I would be totally against the woke-warrior infestation that is causing division and upset at a time of crisis (Prince Harry being a key culprit). I much prefer targeted help to those who truly are disadvantaged, and if that ends up helping more of demographics such as BAME than non-BAME due to a greater need in that area, great, it would be fair regardless. That’s why things like free school meals and (under Labour) Surestart are a great initiative - they target those who truly need it regardless of colour, creed etc. That’s how we “level up” rather than “level down”.

But.....

Professional football seems to have a major cultural problem with accepting diversity in leadership roles. So on that basis I support the initiative.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:52 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:01 am
Normally I would be totally against the woke-warrior infestation that is causing division and upset at a time of crisis (Prince Harry being a key culprit). I much prefer targeted help to those who truly are disadvantaged, and if that ends up helping more of demographics such as BAME than non-BAME due to a greater need in that area, great, it would be fair regardless. That’s why things like free school meals and (under Labour) Surestart are a great initiative - they target those who truly need it regardless of colour, creed etc. That’s how we “level up” rather than “level down”.

But.....

Professional football seems to have a major cultural problem with accepting diversity in leadership roles. So on that basis I support the initiative.
Who has been turned down for one of these leadership roles because of the failure to accept diversity?

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:52 pm

Grumps wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:52 am
Who has been turned down for one of these leadership roles because of the failure to accept diversity?
Generally this is a pretty reductionist question. Targets such as these, rightly or wrongly, are intended to address systemic issues, get more people viewing it as a viable option and applying. The real answer to your question is probably something like the black teenager who looked at the makeup of the leadership roles and thought it wasn't an option for them and did something else but obviously that isn't the answer that the person asking this question wants.

Although if you want an actual name then Paul Elliott was mentioned upthread.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:03 pm

aggi wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:52 pm
Generally this is a pretty reductionist question. Targets such as these, rightly or wrongly, are intended to address systemic issues, get more people viewing it as a viable option and applying. The real answer to your question is probably something like the black teenager who looked at the makeup of the leadership roles and thought it wasn't an option for them and did something else but obviously that isn't the answer that the person asking this question wants.

Although if you want an actual name then Paul Elliott was mentioned upthread.
One of those against the appointment of Elliott was black and female, and in a leadership role

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:34 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:42 am
In a nutshell indeed.

Why on earth is it!?

Stop being a myopic Little Englander and seeing things on such a parochial level.

White people, globally , are an ethnic minority. It's no accident that they appear in grestest numbers in their European homeland.

However, the contribution that white people, a global minority, have made to mankind's progress, in science, arts , culture, medicines, literature, economics , law etc is something that should be celebrated globally without fear of being branded "racist" . Dont follow Spirals warped world view that says it's fine for other ethnic groups to celebrate their history , heritage and culture but not permissible for the white , global minority to do so. That's racist.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:42 pm

The "Diversity" Code - in practical real life terms .

"I'm sorry white applicant, you have appropriate experience and the correct industry specific qualifications. However, we haven't achieved the required percentage target of people that belong to a particular ethnic group. Which means that as you belong to the wrong ethnic group required, we will have to discriminate against you and deny you access to the application process. Enjoy your white "privilege" and have a great day"

That's not a meritocracy. That's not a level playing field. That's not equality.

Thats racism.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:37 pm

Spiral wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:35 pm
And you call people Trolls. Scraping the barrel. A rather disgusting comment that. Right out of the Marxist playbook. Stalin would be proud.

LordBob
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Post by LordBob » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:51 pm

Interesting subject and personally I don't have a problem who get's what job if they prove to be the best applicant for the position but for heavens sake not quotas for quotas sake, I saw the damage that did in London hospitals when I worked there in the 80's. Colour or race doesn't matter but there shouldn't be changes to pander to religious needs that's a personal thing. I know the recruitment's won't be pro rata but then again we don't do that in England these day's you only have to look at the current TV ads they are extremely loaded and I'm sure any TV watcher must have noticed whatever your political persuasion anyway only time will tell, that's if footy is allowed to continue.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:03 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:37 pm
And you call people Trolls. Scraping the barrel. A rather disgusting comment that. Right out of the Marxist playbook. Stalin would be proud.
The horror! I've made prudes with sticks up their arse feel uncomfortable.

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:05 pm

Grumps wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:03 pm
One of those against the appointment of Elliott was black and female, and in a leadership role
I'm not sure what your point is?

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5521 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:06 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:34 pm
Why on earth is it!?

However, the contribution that white people, a global minority, have made to mankind's progress, in science, arts , culture, medicines, literature, economics , law etc is something that should be celebrated globally without fear of being branded "racist" . Dont follow Spirals warped world view that says it's fine for other ethnic groups to celebrate their history , heritage and culture but not permissible for the white , global minority to do so. That's racist.
Once again you have completely missed the point but let's not dwell on that.

Tell you another weird thing; celebrating all the great things that white people have done throughout history but not feeling any shame about all the horrific things white people have done throughout history.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:37 pm

aggi wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:05 pm
I'm not sure what your point is?
That the right person can still get the job

That it wasn't all white racists who were against Elliott which is what some would have liked

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:52 pm

Grumps wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:37 pm
That the right person can still get the job

That it wasn't all white racists who were against Elliott which is what some would have liked
Has anyone said that it was all white racists who were against Elliott? I've not seen that anywhere other than in your post.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:03 pm

aggi wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:52 pm
Has anyone said that it was all white racists who were against Elliott? I've not seen that anywhere other than in your post.
You need to spread your reading.

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:11 pm

Grumps wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:03 pm
You need to spread your reading.
That's a bit vague. It'd be easier if you pointed out specifically where that's been said.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:17 pm

aggi wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:11 pm
That's a bit vague. It'd be easier if you pointed out specifically where that's been said.
Several places at the time. I didn't copy them as I didn't realise that someone on a messageboard would perhaps think I was telling porkies.

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:48 pm

Grumps wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:17 pm
Several places at the time. I didn't copy them as I didn't realise that someone on a messageboard would perhaps think I was telling porkies.
Well with no context it's difficult to judge what you're referring to.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:53 pm

aggi wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:48 pm
Well with no context it's difficult to judge what you're referring to.
Then don't...

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:15 pm

The lady who voted against the appointment of Paul Elliott was actually Asian - Rupinder Bains.

Like other sports boards in receipt of government funding it must meet the 30 per cent gender diversity target.

So guess in some people’s minds these boards and policies are sexist aswell as racist.

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Post by bfcmik » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:07 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:19 pm
Choosing people for a job based on their skin colour to the exclusion of people with a different skin colour.

RACISM.

In this case , anti white racism.

It used to be about being "colour blind" .

It used to be about "integration" and "assimilation"

Now it's about discriminating against white people , replacing them, while using the culturally Marxist and politically correct term "diversity"

Make no mistake. This is pure, unadulterated anti white, racist discrimination.
And all those things it used to be (If you really believe that then your pills ain't working) have definitely sorted out the lack of opportunities for people from non-white ethnic backgrounds, haven't they?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:15 pm

Grumps wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:53 pm
Then don't...
Reverse, reverse

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:14 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:15 pm
Reverse, reverse
My money was on 30 mins, but it took you over 2 hrs, you're slipping

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:30 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:13 pm
No I haven't missed the point. Spiral believes it's fine for Africans and Asisns to be proud of their skin colour, which means their heritage, culture and traditions. Yet both you and him say it's "weird "and racist for a global ethnic minority, white people , to do the same.
Just popping in to say to anyone just joining the thread and skimming over it (because let's be honest, who can be arsed with this one at this point), you probably won't be surprised to hear that this absolute throbber is completely misrepresenting every word I've said, flat-out ignoring whole sentences I've posted from which the context of the sentences he's quoting me on are entirely dependent.

Anyway, as you were, everyone.