Football Leadership Diversity Code

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Football Leadership Diversity Code

Post by aggi » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:43 pm

I see that Burnley (and all the clubs in the Premier League except Southampton who believe that they already exceed it) have signed up to this.

Not actually much out there about what it is other than this https://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom- ... final.ashx

Mainly appears to be regarding recruitment:

By signing up to the code, we pledge to create an EDI plan which delivers the principles of the code. We state our ambition to meet the following targets, recognising that different clubs are on different parts of their journeys. Where necessary, we can use the 2020/21 season to evaluate our data and create our EDI plan - publishing it ahead of the 2021/22 season. We will apply hiring targets for coaches, leadership positions and the recruitment principles. If in any one year we are unable to achieve any of the targets below, we will explain why as part of our EDI plan and annual reporting.

SENIOR LEADERSHIP & TEAM OPERATIONS TARGETS
• 15% of our new hires will be Black, Asian or of Mixed-Heritage (or a target set by the club based on local demographics)
• 30% of our new hires will be female
COACHING- MEN’S CLUBS TARGETS
• 25% of our new hires will be Black, Asian or of Mixed-Heritage
• 10% of our new senior coaching hires will be Black, Asian or of Mixed-Heritage
COACHING- WOMEN’S CLUBS TARGETS
• 50% of our new hires will be female
• 15% of our new hires will be Black, Asian or of Mixed-Heritage

RECRUITMENT
• Shortlists for interview will have at least one male and one female Black, Asian or of Mixed Heritage candidate (if applicants meeting the job specifications apply)

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Re: Football Leadership Diversity Code

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:11 pm

aggi wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:43 pm
I see that Burnley (and all the clubs in the Premier League except Southampton who believe that they already exceed it) have signed up to this.

Not actually much out there about what it is other than this https://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom- ... final.ashx

Mainly appears to be regarding recruitment:

By signing up to the code, we pledge to create an EDI plan which delivers the principles of the code. We state our ambition to meet the following targets, recognising that different clubs are on different parts of their journeys. Where necessary, we can use the 2020/21 season to evaluate our data and create our EDI plan - publishing it ahead of the 2021/22 season. We will apply hiring targets for coaches, leadership positions and the recruitment principles. If in any one year we are unable to achieve any of the targets below, we will explain why as part of our EDI plan and annual reporting.

SENIOR LEADERSHIP & TEAM OPERATIONS TARGETS
• 15% of our new hires will be Black, Asian or of Mixed-Heritage (or a target set by the club based on local demographics)
• 30% of our new hires will be female
COACHING- MEN’S CLUBS TARGETS
• 25% of our new hires will be Black, Asian or of Mixed-Heritage
• 10% of our new senior coaching hires will be Black, Asian or of Mixed-Heritage
COACHING- WOMEN’S CLUBS TARGETS
• 50% of our new hires will be female
• 15% of our new hires will be Black, Asian or of Mixed-Heritage

RECRUITMENT
• Shortlists for interview will have at least one male and one female Black, Asian or of Mixed Heritage candidate (if applicants meeting the job specifications apply)
It will be interesting to see how club will meet the boardroom requirements

more interesting is that over a month back the FA board were voted down by their own council when they tried to make themselves more diverse

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:22 pm

Quotas. A sure fire way to dumb anything down.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Can't wait to see what all our racists have to say about this.

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 998 times
Has Liked: 2044 times

Post by LeadBelly » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:30 pm

Cant wait to see somebody try to shut down open debate on this interesting/controversial move by crying "racist". Oh- hold on.
This user liked this post: bobinho

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:31 pm

What is there to debate?

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18095 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:42 pm

Ashley and Jordan... theres only 2 of them, is that enough of "Diversity" to go round all the clubs🤔
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (7.83 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
Maybe the whole group
Diversity.jpg
Diversity.jpg (125.42 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
junemichaeljackson.jpg
junemichaeljackson.jpg (112.53 KiB) Viewed 4746 times

aggi

Post by aggi » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:44 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:11 pm
It will be interesting to see how club will meet the boardroom requirements

more interesting is that over a month back the FA board were voted down by their own council when they tried to make themselves more diverse
What are the boardroom requirements?

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:54 pm

aggi wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:44 pm
What are the boardroom requirements?
When the Diversity code was talked about over the summer there was a desire to have quotas for the boardrooms, something openly discussed by the Sports Minister - this was about the same time as restart and BLM was extremely high profile - sounds like it has not been included, which I should not be surprised about really.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:10 pm

'our ambition to meet the following targets'

Spike
Been Liked: 594 times
Has Liked: 1225 times

Post by Spike » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:17 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:42 pm
Ashley and Jordan... theres only 2 of them, is that enough of "Diversity" to go round all the clubs🤔
images.jpeg

Maybe the whole group
Diversity.jpg
junemichaeljackson.jpg
[/quote
Diversity is the least diversified dance group in the world!
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Spike
Been Liked: 594 times
Has Liked: 1225 times

Post by Spike » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:20 pm

What a complete waste of time! Of all the things that are a major worry for the football world during the pandemic and they waste time on a senseless thing like this

HunterST_BFC
Been Liked: 1402 times
Has Liked: 2687 times

Post by HunterST_BFC » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:12 pm

Attachments
worms.jpg
worms.jpg (5.23 KiB) Viewed 4641 times
This user liked this post: Bosscat

claret3561
Been Liked: 134 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by claret3561 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:47 pm

The worlds gone mad, whatever happened to the best person for the job irrespective of race, creed or colour.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:53 pm

claret3561 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:47 pm
The worlds gone mad, whatever happened to the best person for the job irrespective of race, creed or colour.
and just how often have you seen that actually happen? I know I haven't seen it too often

claret3561

Post by claret3561 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:56 pm

I know but got to be better than putting someone in a position simply because of race creed or colour, its got to be a recipe for failure.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Worse, in my opinion, for the successful applicant to have any doubt that they were appointed for any other reason than they were the best candidate.

Unhelpful 'rules' for both sides, really.
This user liked this post: JohnMac

aggi

Post by aggi » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:26 pm

claret3561 wrote:
If that had been happening then this probably wouldn't have been implemented.

claret3561

Post by claret3561 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:35 pm

But there must be middle road your going from getting a job based on your suitability to gettind one based on your ethnicity or gender that just cant be right for employer or employee.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:48 pm

claret3561 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:56 pm
I know but got to be better than putting someone in a position simply because of race creed or colour, its got to be a recipe for failure.
You've seen the people who currently run English football, yes? Witnessed their calibre? These aren't the best people for the job by any objective measure. These aren't outright quotas, they're targets (subtle distinction, I know, but an important one), but given some folks, in their righteous indignation, want to believe in their mind that these are in fact quotas, I'll meet folks where they are at and argue as though quotas have been proposed.

Implicit in the argument that diversity quotas 'dumb down' an industry is the assumption that black/Asian/(insert underrepresented minority) people are incapable...and dumb. I mean, there's your problem right there; it's for all to see. The theory behind diversity quotas is to normalise seeing black faces (or other minorities) in positions within industry where deep rooted prejudices limit the career prospects of minorities who ought to have the same right to work and participate in an industry as the sometimes useless dinosaurs who typically hold them back; prejudices such as, oh, I don't know, the notion that black people are dumb and white people are naturally more qualified for any job. Diversity quotas are imperfect, but they're a way to smash prejudices, and that brings long term benefits, including minorities 'getting the job' if they're the best qualified person for the job. Again, for argument's sake I'll meet you where you're at in working on the (false) assumption that 'quotas = poorer calibre candidates': Chemotherapy is punishing, right?...but it cures a disease in the end. Even from the stupidly uncharitable standpoint that diversity quotas are damaging to industry, this is the essence of a quota - to shatter prejudices and overcome blindspots, thus strengthening the industry in the long term by ensuring highly qualified candidates are not overlooked on the grounds of race, etc. The idea is that prejudices are eventually eradicated to a sufficiently workable degree and quotas themselves become absolutely redundant.

Sorry to bring current politics into this conversation, but the argument against quotas (and again, no quotas are being suggested here) has always felt like the current Rashford free school meals debate: opposition to the means by which an objective is realised is a tacit way of opposing the objective. You can erect innumerable hurdles and make innumerable objections to the means, but the ultimate purpose of those hurdles is to oppose the ends, by sitting back and doing nothing. Some people are opposed to diversity quotas because they believe black people are incapable of contributing to an industry with the same degree of competence as a white person. According to this argument, it's easy to see how diversity quotas are both a product of ignorance and prejudice, and a means to overcome it.

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:01 pm

If they introduce a similar quota on the playing staff - 90% of our senior players will be of white British heritage - that could create problems for some of the southern clubs, especially. But then, I suppose they will continue to pick players purely on merit. :twisted:

There are arguments both ways, of course. But the biggest argument against is that you risk getting people who aren't up to the job simply because they tick a box. Kitty Usher as MP for Burnley was an example - her only qualification for the job, so far as I could see, was that she was a woman. That was certainly her prime qualification.

Assuming there are black people who deserve jobs and because of racism (deliberate or not) are being kept out of work, then there should be aconcerted effort to see they get jobs - but I think it needs to be a sharper instrument than this. There is a danger that someone incompetent gets a job simply because they have dark skin or are female, and that sets the whole thing back further as people think "we appointed a [minority person] last time and look how that worked out".

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:06 pm

I know you say that with tongue in cheek, but obviously race isn't an obstacle to a playing career.
dsr wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:01 pm
There are arguments both ways, of course. But the biggest argument against is that you risk getting people who aren't up to the job simply because they tick a box. Kitty Usher as MP for Burnley was an example - her only qualification for the job, so far as I could see, was that she was a woman. That was certainly her prime qualification.

Assuming there are black people who deserve jobs and because of racism (deliberate or not) are being kept out of work, then there should be aconcerted effort to see they get jobs - but I think it needs to be a sharper instrument than this. There is a danger that someone incompetent gets a job simply because they have dark skin or are female, and that sets the whole thing back further as people think "we appointed a [minority person] last time and look how that worked out".
Just to comment after the edit, I can agree with some of that, and I was just about to say that this approach is used as a blunt force instrument, which you alluded to above, but if there were any sharper instruments I'd be all ears. I think this is why they are imperfect, you get the odd box-ticked moron, but the objective is of a much, much bigger scope, and the positives far outweigh the downsides. These arguments against quotas/targets are often made without fully internalising that prejudices do currently limit the prospects of minorities and as such result in poorer qualified people getting the job, which rather demonstrated the need for an instrument of some sort, sharp or blunt.
Last edited by Spiral on Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aggi

Post by aggi » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:11 pm

claret3561 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:35 pm
But there must be middle road your going from getting a job based on your suitability to getting one based on your ethnicity or gender that just cant be right for employer or employee.
Well you'd hope so but a quick look at things like the FA board makes you wonder whether the old system was working that well (although obviously the FA board isn't included in this initiative and they aren't too keen on having anything similar applied). In an ideal world everyone would be recruited on merit but I'm not convinced we've hit that stage yet.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:19 pm

aggi wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:11 pm
Well you'd hope so but a quick look at things like the FA board makes you wonder whether the old system was working that well (although obviously the FA board isn't included in this initiative and they aren't too keen on having anything similar applied). In an ideal world everyone would be recruited on merit but I'm not convinced we've hit that stage yet.

as I stated earlier the FA board said they did try to get the the Diversity Codes creator Paul Elliot appointed to their board but were blocked by the FA Council - Greg Clarke (who has since been shown to have a questionable grasp on the truth re Project Big Picture) put the blame squarely at the door of the Premier League and the EFL

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... ining.html

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:19 pm

Choosing people for a job based on their skin colour to the exclusion of people with a different skin colour.

RACISM.

In this case , anti white racism.

It used to be about being "colour blind" .

It used to be about "integration" and "assimilation"

Now it's about discriminating against white people , replacing them, while using the culturally Marxist and politically correct term "diversity"

Make no mistake. This is pure, unadulterated anti white, racist discrimination.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:26 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:19 pm
Choosing people for a jo *fart noises, screeching, trumpets*
Mentions of:

Replacement? Check.
Cultural Marxism? Check.
Reverse racism? Check.

If you don't want people to think you're a white-nationalist you might want to stop talking like one.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:35 pm

Spiral wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:26 pm
Mentions of:

Replacement? Check.
Cultural Marxism? Check.
Reverse racism? Check.

If you don't want people to think you're a white-nationalist you might want to stop talking like one.
You're mistaking me for someone else.

Someone who actually cares what you think 🥱

(No attempt whatsoever to counter my point that "Choosing people for a job based on their skin colour to the exclusion of people with a different skin colour." Is the very definition of racist discrimination. None)

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:39 pm

claret3561 wrote:
Oh that went out of the window a long time ago. What's rarely mentioned is prejudice among white people. Theres a hell of a lot of that unfortunately. But of course thats firmly on the backburner which isn't lit

Inchy
Been Liked: 1332 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Post by Inchy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:40 pm

claret3561 wrote:

I wonder how many black people wish for this?

A lot

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:44 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Choosing people for a job based on their skin colour to the exclusion of people with a different skin colour.

RACISM.

In this case , anti white racism.

It used to be about being "colour blind" .

It used to be about "integration" and "assimilation"

Now it's about discriminating against white people , replacing them, while using the culturally Marxist and politically correct term "diversity"

Make no mistake. This is pure, unadulterated anti white, racist discrimination.

How ever will we cope with this oppression.

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:48 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:24 pm
Well. What do yiu think?

Anti quotas is not racist. If you want see what racism is study BLM doctrine.

aggi

Post by aggi » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:52 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
as I stated earlier the FA board said they did try to get the the Diversity Codes creator Paul Elliot appointed to their board but were blocked by the FA Council - Greg Clarke (who has since been shown to have a questionable grasp on the truth re Project Big Picture) put the blame squarely at the door of the Premier League and the EFL

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... ining.html
Cheers, I'd missed some of that story. Although as you say it's a little hard to know who to believe recently. Obviously the original point is still relevant.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:57 pm

Inchy wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:44 pm
How ever will we cope with this oppression.
Choosing to exclude an individual potential applicant for a job , because of the ethnic group they are part of isn't "oppression", it's the very definition of racist discrimination.

aggi

Post by aggi » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:59 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:57 pm
Choosing to exclude an individual potential applicant for a job , because of the ethnic group they are part of isn't "oppression", it's the very definition of racist discrimination.
It's a good job that isn't what's being proposed then.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:02 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Given that the criteria of this "diversity " code, is based on discriminating against a particular ethnic group. It looks as though the anti white racists have already had their say!

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:04 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:57 pm
How every will white people cope with this blatant racism?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:04 pm

aggi wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:59 pm
No man is so blind than he who refuses to see anti white racist discrimination.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:05 pm

Inchy wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:04 pm
How every will white people cope with this blatant racism?
The Left - " We oppose all forms of abhorrent racism "

(Caveat- unless its anti white racism!)

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:10 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:05 pm
The Left - " We oppose all forms of abhorrent racism "

(Caveat- unless its anti white racism!)
The right "im fed up of all these leftie snowflakes"

(caveat- its ok to be a moaning snowflake when it suits )

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:30 pm

Inchy wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:10 pm
The right "im fed up of all these leftie snowflakes"

(caveat- its ok to be a moaning snowflake when it suits )
You're developing a bit a a pattern. You previously mistook "oppression" for anti white racist discrimination.

Now you're misconstrueding "moaning" for simply pointing out anti white discrimination.

THE LEFT -

100% behind "Diversity"

100% against diversity of opinion.

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:34 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:30 pm
You're developing a bit a a pattern. You previously mistook "oppression" for anti white racist discrimination.

Now you're misconstrueding "moaning" for simply pointing out anti white discrimination.

THE LEFT -

100% behind "Diversity"

100% against diversity of opinion.
You have developed a pattern.

Moaning all the time about the left. I get it when people like Ben Shapiro do it. That's how he makes his living. But you invest so much time into these issues im honestly not sure what you get out of it.

Other than winding people up, which I commend
Last edited by Inchy on Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5520 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:38 pm

aggi wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:59 pm
Screenshot_20201027-193637_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20201027-193637_Samsung Internet.jpg (379.65 KiB) Viewed 4294 times

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6156 times

Post by KateR » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:48 pm

ya'all don't forget about the inclusion part of this double act while you're at it :)

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:52 pm

Inchy wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:34 pm
You have developed a pattern. A pattern of being a snowflake.

Moaning all the time about the left. I get it when people like Ben Shapiro do it. That's how he makes his living. But you invest so much time into these issues im honestly not sure what you get out of it.

Other than winding people up, which I commend
Don't indulge trolls, then. It's convenient for people to attack monolithic caricatures. It might be tempting at times to argue against the notion of monolithic caricatures directly, but it's futile when responding to trolls. It's also tempting to do the same as the trolls but with the inverse. But it's all predicated on bull$hit, so it's of no value. Best not to talk in terms of 'the left' and 'the right' because that feeds into the aims of trolls, who only care for stripping debate of all nuance, misrepresenting other people's arguments, and inciting petty spats. I try to ignore them into obscurity, never engaging directly and usually responding to meet their level of absurdity whenever it takes my fancy. They eventually bugger off if everyone ignores them. For the record, there's only one posting on this thread. I think we all know who.

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:01 pm

Spiral wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:52 pm
Don't indulge trolls, then. It's convenient for people to attack monolithic caricatures. It might be tempting at times to argue against the notion of monolithic caricatures directly, but it's futile when responding to trolls. It's also tempting to do the same as the trolls but with the inverse. But it's all predicated on bull$hit, so it's of no value. Best not to talk in terms of 'the left' and 'the right' because that feeds into the aims of trolls, who only care for stripping debate of all nuance, misrepresenting other people's arguments, and inciting petty spats. I try to ignore them into obscurity, never engaging directly and usually responding to meet their level of absurdity whenever it takes my fancy. They eventually bugger off if everyone ignores them. For the record, there's only one posting on this thread. I think we all know who.
Your criteria of a Troll is what? More than 4 comments?

You mention.nuance but todays cancel culture is exactly the opposite of nuanced.

Something else I have met many many people and nationalities and met very few who are not prejudiced (racist) in some way against someone. The subject is much wider than that on here. Of course this is here and now and has to be addressed.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:19 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:01 pm
Your criteria of a Troll is what? More than 4 comments?

You mention.nuance but todays cancel culture is exactly the opposite of nuanced.

Something else I have met many many people and nationalities and met very few who are not prejudiced (racist) in some way against someone. The subject is much wider than that on here. Of course this is here and now and has to be addressed.
For the benefit of doubt, I wasn't referring to you, and it's not an accusation I just throw around. I disagree with loads of people on here and some of the posts on this thread, but I wouldn't dream of accusing those people of trolling. But let's talk about that. You've mentioned cancel culture. I have no clue why you've brought it up. I've not posted a stance on it, and neither have I suggested racism on your part. This is what I mean when I talk about how unproductive it is to group swathes of people with vaguely similar ideas into these monolithic blocs based on the idea in your (one's) mind of who they are and what they stand for. It makes for an easy target to attack, but you do yourself a disservice by not making a more intelligent analysis. We're now in the position of (being on the cusp of) discussing twitter mobs on a thread about football governance. Would I be wrong to think you've lumped me in with 'them', i.e. people you disagree with, and in doing that presumed my stance on cancel culture? I'm not at all accusing you of trolling, Stayingup, but do you see how your line of argument, similar to the techniques used by trolls, ends up with people screaming at each other about nothing? I made a short post further up explaining my take on these initiatives if you're interested. I won't say any more because I'd probably be repeating myself!

ten bellies
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 1283 times

Post by ten bellies » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:50 pm

More right on box ticking objectives that create division. For real equality how about insisting on employing someone from a background of poverty, regardless of ethnicity, ability or qualifications. Perhaps that could be further refined, must be a child of single parent family, or better still, have been in care for at least 10 years and the victim of abuse. The more disadvantaged the more smarty points the employer gains. FFS!

bobinho
Been Liked: 4069 times
Has Liked: 6535 times

Post by bobinho » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:12 pm

If this diversity thing really is THAT important, let’s have a look at the figures they want for the playing staff....

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:23 pm

Anything that limits the amount of white men the better

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:27 pm

aggi wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:26 pm
If that had been happening then this probably wouldn't have been implemented.
Yes, God forbid that a country with a predominantly white population should have a higher number of white people occupying the top jobs.
This user liked this post: Bin Ont Turf