Pay Per View or a Foodbank Donation

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32405 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Pay Per View or a Foodbank Donation

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:49 pm

Burnley FC Supporters Groups are encouraging our supporters to donate to the foodbank rather than pay £14.95 PPV fee to watch the Chelsea game.

There is no pressure, just an alternative that will benefit those in most need. The wheelie bin will also be out on Padiham Road again this Saturday to coincide with the game should you wish to drop in a tin or two.

I know the Community Kitchen have been overwhelmed with the support they've received from supporters during the pandemic. The need is getting greater so if you can help, please do.

If you wish to add PPV in the comments should you donate, it would help to see how successful this has been.

Thanks for considering,
Burnley FC Supporters Groups
These 3 users liked this post: Zlatan Billy Balfour KateR

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Re: Pay Per View or a Foodbank Donation

Post by Dyched » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:01 pm

Do these take non food items too CT?

In the main food has been talked about a lot lately. But there are also non food items that are as essential as food. Basic hygiene items at well as woman's sanitary items. The need for these seem to get lost.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:06 pm

Dyched wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:01 pm
Do these take non food items too CT?

In the main food has been talked about a lot lately. But there are also non food items that are as essential as food. Basic hygiene items at well as woman's sanitary items. The need for these seem to get lost.
Absolutely they do yes. It's easy to refer to food because it's a foodbank but cleaning products, hygiene items are every bit as important.

I'm not able to get anywhere to donate items now but I'll be donating my £14.95 this weekend rather than pay to watch the match.
This user liked this post: Dyched

Wellsy1882
Been Liked: 247 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by Wellsy1882 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:07 pm

Iptv

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:07 pm

Yes, they'll take such items, Dyched. Opps, already been answered.
Last edited by Billy Balfour on Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Dyched

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:07 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:49 pm
Burnley FC Supporters Groups are encouraging our supporters to donate to the foodbank rather than pay £14.95 PPV fee to watch the Chelsea game.

There is no pressure, just an alternative that will benefit those in most need. The wheelie bin will also be out on Padiham Road again this Saturday to coincide with the game should you wish to drop in a tin or two.

I know the Community Kitchen have been overwhelmed with the support they've received from supporters during the pandemic. The need is getting greater so if you can help, please do.

If you wish to add PPV in the comments should you donate, it would help to see how successful this has been.

Thanks for considering,
Burnley FC Supporters Groups

CT, will the bin just be there just for the game or all weekend like previously?

If possible can you post the times it's there and I'll be sure to pick some extra bits up on the big shop Friday and get them up there.

To all involved, keep up the great work you're doing.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:25 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:06 pm
Absolutely they do yes. It's easy to refer to food because it's a foodbank but cleaning products, hygiene items are every bit as important.

I'm not able to get anywhere to donate items now but I'll be donating my £14.95 this weekend rather than pay to watch the match.
Thought that would be the case!! Thanks CT

DomBFC1882
Been Liked: 462 times
Has Liked: 2398 times

Post by DomBFC1882 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:28 pm

Food banks no question. I won't be paying for a single game all season. I'll be streaming via soccer24hd everytime we play

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:36 pm

MACCA wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:07 pm
CT, will the bin just be there just for the game or all weekend like previously?

If possible can you post the times it's there and I'll be sure to pick some extra bits up on the big shop Friday and get them up there.

To all involved, keep up the great work you're doing.
Don't know as yet but that's because I forgot to ask. I'll post when I have details.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:39 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:36 pm
Don't know as yet but that's because I forgot to ask. I'll post when I have details.
Thank you

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:08 pm

Tony,
here in many supermarkets there are many pre-bagged as for the food banks and many people actually buy a bag as well as there own shopping. Obviously the pre-bagged when purchased with customers own groceries then goes from the supermarket direct to the foodbank by the supermarket.

The bags are of various prices from a few tins to large bags with various items, which are mixed food/cleaning products.

I don't know if this is a model used in the UK or whether a local supermarket might be willing to take part, beyond what is done through the site here as an alternative to having a bin that is available just for a limited time.

Just a thought.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 2894 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:46 pm

KateR wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:08 pm
Tony,
here in many supermarkets there are many pre-bagged as for the food banks and many people actually buy a bag as well as there own shopping. Obviously the pre-bagged when purchased with customers own groceries then goes from the supermarket direct to the foodbank by the supermarket.

The bags are of various prices from a few tins to large bags with various items, which are mixed food/cleaning products.

I don't know if this is a model used in the UK or whether a local supermarket might be willing to take part, beyond what is done through the site here as an alternative to having a bin that is available just for a limited time.

Just a thought.
I’ve not seen it but that’s a good idea.

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1766 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:20 pm

KateR wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:08 pm
Tony,

Just a thought.
Morrisons are certainly doing it. I popped into my local one in Letchworth this afternoon for a few bits and bought an extra bag to donate.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:26 pm

The Premier League clubs have met to day to specifically discuss the PPV cost. No decision and it will be £14.95 for each of the next two games. I will not be seeing those games now and will be donating to the foodbank instead.
This user liked this post: KateR

KateR

Post by KateR » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:37 pm

Very fortunate here as get all (I think all or virtually all) via the TV service or through an integrated streaming service (Peacock) direct to the TV, streaming is excellent quality, only issue I have is you can't record/pause/replay. Although the full recording is there the next day if you want to go back and review something.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:38 am

Good response with donations to the foodbank. Every penny donated is appreciated.

https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/sup ... eyfoodbank

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:55 pm

An A. Westwood and Benjamin Mee made anonymous donation 2 days ago, I wonder if it was the players, a namesakes or just someone using their name.

KateR

Post by KateR » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:15 pm

the amount has certainly jumped in the last week, anonymous donation of 500 plus a Kevin donation of 500, certainly helped bump the price :)

Kevin (Long) perhaps for a little more conspiracy theory, anyway regardless of who they are it's good to see so well done to everyone contributing no matter what the amount was :)

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:26 pm

MACCA wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:55 pm
An A. Westwood and Benjamin Mee made anonymous donation 2 days ago, I wonder if it was the players, a namesakes or just someone using their name.
I believe it was them. Ben has been a major supporter of the foodbank so I've no reason to believe it wasn't him and recently Westy has been donated meals for kids in Crewe. Not sure why anyone else would shove their names in either.

Wonderful support from so many fans already.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1865 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:36 pm

Hopefully this is allowed - it’s all going to the same place after all - but the grassroots club I coach at is also having a collection for the BFCitC food bank, along with donations of any coats, scarfs, gloves, etc

Our collection point is Queens Park Pavilion, this Saturday 9am-12pm (weather permitting and the kids games go ahead)
Attachments
8EC87857-9120-4DE6-B89C-FAE6B95918F7.jpeg
8EC87857-9120-4DE6-B89C-FAE6B95918F7.jpeg (129.46 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
These 2 users liked this post: KateR ClaretTony

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:41 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:26 pm
I believe it was them. Ben has been a major supporter of the foodbank so I've no reason to believe it wasn't him and recently Westy has been donated meals for kids in Crewe. Not sure why anyone else would shove their names in either.

Wonderful support from so many fans already.
Yes heard Ben Mee had been involved, and saw Westy had helped out at Crewe.

Great gesture from them, and although a cause we would rather they wouod not need to contribute too, it's great they do!

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2334 times
Has Liked: 1040 times

Post by Clarets4me » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:19 pm

As regular posters may remember, Mrs Clarets4me and I are full time carers to two gents who share our home, one of whom volunteers 12 hours a week at the " BFC-Community Kitchen ". I picked him up this afternoon due to the weather, and spoke to one of the staff ...

The demand for their service is still very high, and they are particularly in need of of canned meats ( Corned Beef, Spam, Ham etc ), tinned tuna, tinned fruit, packet rice/pasta, and cook-in sauces ( Curry/Bolognaise etc ) , as well as toiletries. As Claret Tony has said, they're humbled by the response from the Burnley public and the Club's supporters ( local and exiled ) ...

I would like to correct a misconception that I've seen on many social-media sites about big businesses. I saw massive contributions from Tesco, Kelloggs and Warburton's being sorted whilst I was there, and I know Birchall's, the food wholesalers have been very supportive as well.

UTC and keep safe ! :) :)
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat KateR

clarethomer
Been Liked: 944 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:27 pm

Clarets4me wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:19 pm
As regular posters may remember, Mrs Clarets4me and I are full time carers to two gents who share our home, one of whom volunteers 12 hours a week at the " BFC-Community Kitchen ". I picked him up this afternoon due to the weather, and spoke to one of the staff ...

The demand for their service is still very high, and they are particularly in need of of canned meats ( Corned Beef, Spam, Ham etc ), tinned tuna, tinned fruit, packet rice/pasta, and cook-in sauces ( Curry/Bolognaise etc ) , as well as toiletries. As Claret Tony has said, they're humbled by the response from the Burnley public and the Club's supporters ( local and exiled ) ...

I would like to correct a misconception that I've seen on many social-media sites about big businesses. I saw massive contributions from Tesco, Kelloggs and Warburton's being sorted whilst I was there, and I know Birchall's, the food wholesalers have been very supportive as well.

If there is £33k in donations, will they use this to get the things they need, or is this used for other things?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:16 pm

Clarets4me wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:19 pm

They have some very good people working with them and with Kelloggs and Warburtons they are never short of cereals and corn flakes. Tesco are also hugely helpful.

As you say, it's the tinned and packet stuff they are always desperately short of. That's where we came in last season with the match day collections and why Anita, very wrongly in my view, referred to me as an angel for setting it up.

They are getting busier and busier because of the current situation which means they will need even more. I'm going to miss it tomorrow, not seeing us play Chelsea, but, right now, I'd rather direct my £14.95 towards the foodbank.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:17 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:27 pm
If there is £33k in donations, will they use this to get the things they need, or is this used for other things?
Those donations are for the foodbank

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:23 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:17 pm
CT any news regards what times the bin is there tomorrow?
We have managed to fill quite a large reusable bag, but I'd rather try and catch the guy who puts the bin out, as it wont fit in the Wheelie bin and it's quite full.

He can just take it straight back then to save filling the bin or having to squash it all in later, potentially damaging some donations

EDIT - as its pay day I'll send some cash over to the details you gave me for the last man standing and some more first goal sweep. I'll reference it Macca

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:28 pm

MACCA wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:23 pm
CT any news regards what times the bin is there tomorrow?
We have managed to fill quite a large reusable bag, but I'd rather try and catch the guy who puts the bin out, as it wont fit in the Wheelie bin and it's quite full.

He can just take it straight back then to save filling the bin or having to squash it all in later, potentially damaging some donations

EDIT - as its pay day I'll send some cash over to the details you gave me for the last man standing and some more first goal sweep. I'll reference it Macca
Thanks for all your help MACCA and thanks for prompting me on the bin. It will be out from 11 am to 6 pm on both Saturday and Sunday.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:34 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:28 pm
Thanks for all your help MACCA and thanks for prompting me on the bin. It will be out from 11 am to 6 pm on both Saturday and Sunday.
No problem, money has been sent.
Referenced Macca FGS & LMS

Keep up the good work

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1865 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:49 pm

If anybody wants to donate to the food bank, but is at the "wrong side" of town and not near Padiham Road, then I've just found out the Pavillion Cafe at Queen's Park, will be open tomorrow (Saturday) between 9am-12pm, regardless of the weather effects our games

clarethomer
Been Liked: 944 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:40 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:17 pm
I thought they were somehow linked/the same thing - my apologies.

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2334 times
Has Liked: 1040 times

Post by Clarets4me » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:00 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:49 pm
If anybody wants to donate to the food bank, but is at the "wrong side" of town and not near Padiham Road, then I've just found out the Pavillion Cafe at Queen's Park, will be open tomorrow (Saturday) between 9am-12pm, regardless of the weather effects our games
There is also a collection bin permanently at the bottom of Pendle Way, at the junction with Foxcroft ( Near Wellfield/St. Mary Magdalene's Primaries ).

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1402 times

Post by Aclaret » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:14 pm

Good to see Chelsea fans are donating too. Well done.