Rashford

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Rashford

Post by Spiral » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:18 pm

Working with Macmillan Children's Books and using his profile to promote literacy and reading among kids. Proper role model. Good lad.
These 4 users liked this post: Taffy on the wing fidelcastro Juan Tanamera tiger76

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Re: Rashford

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Wonder what the 2 pricks from the Daily Mail will have to say about this
These 4 users liked this post: Vegas Claret dandeclaret Buxtonclaret PeterWilton

claret59
Been Liked: 138 times

Post by claret59 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:48 pm

What did they say/write in their first comment ?

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:54 pm

claret59 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:48 pm
What did they say/write in their first comment ?
This is the worst the s.cumbags could come up with against him.
What a dreadful arsewipe waste of paper it is. They must be really cheesed off they couldn’t find anything to do with drugs, gambling or whores.
Good luck to him with everything he’s doing.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... llion.html

nyclaret
Been Liked: 335 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by nyclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:04 pm

huw.Y.WattfromWare wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:54 pm
This is the worst the s.cumbags could come up with against him.
What a dreadful arsewipe waste of paper it is. They must be really cheesed off they couldn’t find anything to do with drugs, gambling or whores.
Good luck to him with everything he’s doing.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... llion.html
The 'highest rated' comments on the article provide a disturbing reading.

ChrisG
Been Liked: 327 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by ChrisG » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:11 pm

nyclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:04 pm
One comment in particular made me despair. Commenter mentioning that Rashford should give up some of his personal wealth to fund the free school meals so that they didn't have to pay for other people's kids out of their taxes.

I'm guessing that Rashford pays more in tax and NI contributions annually than most people earn in a lifetime. He's doing his bit.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:12 pm

Well done to the lad, he puts our so-called leaders to shame.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:32 pm

I don't recall the Daily Mail ever having a pop at any white footballers for investing in property? Really are the lowest of the low.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:36 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:32 pm
I don't recall the Daily Mail ever having a pop at any white footballers for investing in property? Really are the lowest of the low.
A slightly different tone for some reason
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-mum.html

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:39 pm

nyclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:04 pm
Disgraceful paper not fit for wiping your arse read by even more disgraceful people.
To run a story like that tells you everything you need to know about the paper and it’s readers.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:36 pm

Know why this is a good thing? It's obvious, obviously, but I remember being at school - the brutal macho posturing, the Mexican standoff where everyone is nervous of everyone else and nobody lets on that they're actually concerned about or paying too much attention to their education lest they be called a swot (trivial kids stuff, but it cuts deep when you're a kid), where everything, and I mean everything, was "gay", and a bit of encouragement or praise from a teacher made you automatically "gay", or a 'well done' meant you "fancied Mrs. so-and-so" - all this petty bull$hit found in the kind of working class, council-estate populated schools I went to has an inhibiting effect of a person's development: the celebration of brute strength (being "well hard") over academic achievement incubates the anti-intellectualism often found later in life if it's not reckoned with by an individual in early adulthood, and it can lead to ignorance being openly celebrated. The people who were dumb and loathsome back in school a few decades ago are often still every bit as dumb and loathsome today.

If there's only the narrowest overlap on the playground, school bus or PE changing rooms between literacy/hard work/intelligence and perceived social ability (and that delineation most definitely exists in the playground), it means kids don't value their education and in fact might see it is a barrier to their own social integration, which means they don't read or pay attention, meaning they don't learn the vocabulary to even comprehend, organise, and vocalise their own thoughts, to say nothing of how they progress in their studies. It's a recipe for neuroticism and stress later in life. A playground can be a brutal place, and some kids are so afraid of being outcast that they shun the whole concept of reading, or even trying. Proof? Just think about the idea of one student being a 'bad influence' on another otherwise attentive student. All of educational attainment, ALL of it is predicated on literacy. It's the keystone of a person's cognitive abilities, and it isn't always respected enough on the playground (or at least wasn't when I was at school). But here we are: a footballer with a significant platform, respected by kids as a living superhero, putting a recognisable and proud face to the very concept of reading, and normalising the whole thing, all the while putting himself in the crosshairs of the indignant blowhards in the grift industry. Bravo, lad, bravo. This is now a kid's logic: taking the pi$$ out of reading means taking the pi$$ out of Rashford; to read is to be like him. That alone is enough to have a positive effect. And that gives kids confidence to follow their interests, because if it's good enough for Rashford then it's good enough for them. Teachers and most parents do their absolute best, but sometimes that familiarity dulls the messages encouraging reading. When it comes from your idols, that's real encouragement that sinks in.
These 12 users liked this post: bodge ChrisG evensteadiereddie walter the softy spadesclaret LAM Claret Toni CombatClaret Buxtonclaret bobinho DCWat Zlatan

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:39 pm

Thought it was going to be “worth a cheeky bid”

bodge
Been Liked: 725 times
Has Liked: 474 times

Post by bodge » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:43 pm

That's a fine post spiral.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5521 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:35 pm

He should marry Greta Thunberg. Reckon that would finish off about 80% of The Daily Mail readership.

walter the softy
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by walter the softy » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:53 pm

Spiral wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:36 pm

If there's only the narrowest overlap on the playground, school bus or PE changing rooms between literacy/hard work/intelligence and perceived social ability (and that delineation most definitely exists in the playground), it means kids don't value their education and in fact might see it is a barrier to their own social integration, which means they don't read or pay attention, meaning they don't learn the vocabulary to even comprehend, organise, and vocalise their own thoughts, to say nothing of how they progress in their studies. It's a recipe for neuroticism and stress later in life. A playground can be a brutal place, and some kids are so afraid of being outcast that they shun the whole concept of reading, or even trying.
Absolutely nail on head here. I left school a few decades back so hopefully it's a bit different now but being told by the other kids back then that long words or interesting books were for "posh" people or whatever still annoys me to this day. I dare say that this attitude put a lot of other kids off showing too much interest in reading, learning or putting together their own thoughts.

Good on the bloke I say.

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2568 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:03 pm

Proper morals this young man. A genuine leader. The daily mail article was of the expectedly low level, dog whistle racism that they peddle.

There's also somebody closer to home in Jay Rodriguez who also has morals that shine through brightly, in his support for Pendleside hospice and local causes.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:08 pm

Well done to Marcus Rashford. He really is a fantastic young role model for working class kids.

I might be being naive but I don’t really read anything wrong with the Daily Mail article. It’s not a paper I read but it seems to be praising him for building up a property portfolio with his amassed wealth, unless I’m missing something?

It even mentions David Beckham doing the same sort of thing.

CaptainKirk
Been Liked: 385 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by CaptainKirk » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:13 pm

Just glanced at the article and am struggling to find anything in it that criticises him in any way - or is it just because it is by the Daily Mail that you find it offensive.
I will go and have another look but if you could help point out what I am missing in the article I would be grateful

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:19 pm

I’m sure some of the homeless people in Manchester engulfed with the spice epidemic & an array of other addictions & mental health problems will be mightily impressed with rashfords opulent property portfolio.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:25 pm

Classy.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2367 times
Has Liked: 3781 times

Post by JohnMac » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:29 pm

I suppose he could have spent all his money on essential things like "Senturion key…opens your key, starts your car, does all that stuff, bro. Big tings.

"Jokes aside, man’s feeling himself with his ting. I don’t even need the keys no more baby, this ting’s mad." (Daniel Sturridge paid £34,000 for dis ting)

David Luiz went further, spending £1.1m to buy them for his friends
Last edited by JohnMac on Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:29 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:19 pm
I’m sure some of the homeless people in Manchester engulfed with the spice epidemic & an array of other addictions & mental health problems will be mightily impressed with rashfords opulent property portfolio.
Every journey starts with a single step.

What are you doing to help the people you are concerned about?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:32 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:29 pm

Enough!

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:33 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:32 pm
Enough!
I'm not sure (insert selected group who need support here) would agree.

duncandisorderly
Been Liked: 970 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by duncandisorderly » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:35 pm

dandeclaret wrote:

It's not even that dan, it's worse than that. Someone does something nice these days and there is an ulterior motive involved, there has to be, something that improves a social media profile or something, there just Has To BE PEOPLE CANT JUST BE NICE ITS NOT ALLOWED WHATS IN IT FOR THEM?!?!?!?!?
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:37 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:33 pm
I'm not sure (insert selected group who need support here) would agree.
I’m regularly involved in all manners of charity work with cots & able futures amongst others, it’s difficult time is winter for them keeping warm, plenty will perish throughout the UK it’s a certainty more so in winter.

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:42 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:37 pm
I’m regularly involved in all manners of charity work with cots & able futures amongst others, it’s difficult time is winter for them keeping warm, plenty will perish throughout the UK it’s a certainty more so in winter.
Which is really admirable..... and not benefitted by anybody claiming you're not doing enough for another disadvantaged group. I interpreted your original post about Rashford's property to be a dig at him for having multiple houses and not helping out the Manchester homeless. This is a young man, who as well as setting up his own future, and paying large taxes to the UK Revenue, is also going above and beyond in supporting disadvantaged groups, and striving for a better world for some of those who need it. His work should surely be nothing but applauded and respected. Surely.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:45 pm

CaptainKirk wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:13 pm
Just glanced at the article and am struggling to find anything in it that criticises him in any way - or is it just because it is by the Daily Mail that you find it offensive.
I will go and have another look but if you could help point out what I am missing in the article I would be grateful
Not being fatuous by saying this but the fact it is the DM is a legitimate part of the answer to your question. I'm not being a c.unt but let me explain. (And at the risk of getting this thread locked...please don't lock it mods!!! Please!!!)

Marcus Rashford's property dealings are gossip, not news. He's a private citizen, not an elected official. He has no accountability to the public, there's no conflict of interest which needs to be publicised in the public interest. I'll admit that it's a huge stretch to suggest the article is attacking him (because it most certainly is not) but you need to view the role of the Daily Mail's gossip articles as part of a wider strategy by the paper to fabricate context.

Man buys house: no story. Footballer buys house: no story. Footballer buys house to add to property portfolio: hmmm, fine, but still no story. Rich footballer owns property portfolio as part of buy-to-let business: hmmmmmm, landlords are bad, aren't they? Same footballer with buy-to-let property portfolio campaigns against child poverty: "HYPOCRITE!!!" Bingo! And there's the response the DM editors are looking for. And the reader comes back for more time and time again because that reaction is more visceral and feels more real than the experiences of most people's day-to-day life. The DM doesn't need to explicitly call Rashford a hypocrite, they just tell readers where or what to gawk at and give them a wink. You need to view the DM (and other tabloids - and left wing ones do this as well) as a sort of shooting gallery. They paint the targets, they invite the customers in, and they provide them with the weaponry. The DM doesn't need to tell its readers to fire, they provide a wall of context which can only be understood by looking at the output of the DM as a whole, and they let their readers come to their 'own' conclusions. (Apostrophes most definitely emphasised). In isolation this article means nothing. But as part of a wider commentary and wider relationship with its readership? You just need to look at the highest rated comments under that article. They know how to push their readers' buttons.
This user liked this post: 1968claret

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:46 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:42 pm
Which is really admirable..... and not benefitted by anybody claiming you're not doing enough for another disadvantaged group. I interpreted your original post about Rashford's property to be a dig at him for having multiple houses and not helping out the Manchester homeless. This is a young man, who as well as setting up his own future, and paying large taxes to the UK Revenue, is also going above and beyond in supporting disadvantaged groups, and striving for a better world for some of those who need it. His work should surely be nothing but applauded and respected. Surely.
You can always do more he can, you can, I can, anyone can. Yes he deserves credit for what he’s done so far, but nothing is stopping him tomorrow going into Manchester City centre to the homeless haunts (there’s plenty) with a bunch of keys & letting a few keep warm over winter.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:50 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:46 pm
You can always do more he can, you can, I can, anyone can. Yes he deserves credit for what he’s done so far, but nothing is stopping him tomorrow going into Manchester City centre to the homeless haunts (there’s plenty) with a bunch of keys & letting a few keep warm over winter.
At the risk of this becoming political, there's nothing stopping the government from doing that either.

edit-this is why the politics rule needs relaxing, or just softening a bit. Sometimes it is the natural direction of a conversation, even one about a footballer on a football messageboard.
This user liked this post: DCWat

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:52 pm

I believe in the same edition of the Mail there was an article in the finance section warning the chancellor against changing stamp duty (Or maybe CGT) rules so as not to shake confidence in buy to let landlords..... very strange. You can also compare the way stories of Phil Foden buying a home was compared to Tosin Adarabioyo - this article covers it - https://www.joe.ie/sport/raheem-sterlin ... ame-651027

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:52 pm

Spiral wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:50 pm
At the risk of this becoming political, there's nothing stopping the government from doing that either.
No there isn’t, the shelters/hostels are already stretched to the max though, no space no availability for everybody not for 7 nights anyway you might get a odd night if prioritised.

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:53 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:46 pm
Well then lead the way.... don't wait for others to do it. Just above you said you did plenty... go and do more if you want others to do it. Lead in the do as I do, not the do as I say stakes.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:56 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:53 pm
Well then lead the way.... don't wait for others to do it. Just above you said you did plenty... go and do more if you want others to do it. Lead in the do as I do, not the do as I say stakes.
I’m not the 1 getting carried away about Rashford, yes the lad has done brilliant so far, but can he do more? Is he in a position to do more? Regarding the homeless situation & the property portfolio what do you think?

duncandisorderly

Post by duncandisorderly » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:01 pm

Spiral wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:50 pm

edit-this is why the politics rule needs relaxing, or just softening a bit. Sometimes it is the natural direction of a conversation, even one about a footballer on a football messageboard.
I agree, but people won't play nice anymore. It's not just here, I don't know what other forums you frequent but there will maybe be a music one, a hobby one, a local one, and invariably they will have a 'no religion or politics' policy.

It's fine and easy to adhere to if your hobby is model trains, or kite flying, but less easy with football or music because politics are involved whether we like or not. It's not the topic, it's the people.

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:03 pm

He is doing more. Having tackled child hunger, he's now leading the charge on literacy for underprivileged children. It feels as though he's doing his bit and plenty more. He seems to be balancing the future of him and his family, with improvements for large swathes of the working class community. He's a footballer as well. Not a politician, not a charity leader, not a community or church organisation. A footballer. I'd say there's plenty to get carried away with. And I maintain the point. If you expect others to do more, whilst admitting there's more you can do, then go and do more yourself, and inspire others to follow. Do as I say, not as I do, is an unpalatable attitude.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:07 pm

duncandisorderly wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:01 pm
I agree, but people won't play nice anymore. It's not just here, I don't know what other forums you frequent but there will maybe be a music one, a hobby one, a local one, and invariably they will have a 'no religion or politics' policy.

It's fine and easy to adhere to if your hobby is model trains, or kite flying, but less easy with football or music because politics are involved whether we like or not. It's not the topic, it's the people.
Aye. And I can somewhat sympathise with the moderation team on here which I presume is quite small by other websites' standards. I propose an auto-generated post appearing every ten posts simply saying "Oi! Be nice to each other, you bellends!" on every single thread. (I admit I might not have thought through the practical implications of this!!!)

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:24 pm

Rashford has done probably more than any footballer or sportsman has done for many a year in terms the impact he has had on so many people and families who needed it.

To suggest he can do more - (when he is already doing more) and point to the homeless in Manchester as to where he should focus his efforts just because he has a few properties is ridiculous.

There’s hundreds of footballers in the premier league earning millions a year many of which who no doubt earn multiple properties who could be criticised by the likes of rags like the Daily Mail....but no they decide to pick on the one person who has done more good than the rest of them put together.
And why ? Because they can and unfortunately the people who read that excuse of a newspaper seem to also get off on nonsense like this.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:37 pm

It’s more than possible somebody sat in a warm nice central heated house might think it’s a ridiculous notion, asking somebody freezing there gonads off under a bridge or in a shop doorway probably wouldn’t quite share the same sentiment.

duncandisorderly

Post by duncandisorderly » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:38 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:24 pm
Rashford has done probably more than any footballer or sportsman has done for many a year in terms the impact he has had on so many people and families who needed it.

To suggest he can do more - (when he is already doing more) and point to the homeless in Manchester as to where he should focus his efforts just because he has a few properties is ridiculous.

There’s hundreds of footballers in the premier league earning millions a year many of which who no doubt earn multiple properties who could be criticised by the likes of rags like the Daily Mail....but no they decide to pick on the one person who has done more good than the rest of them put together.
And why ? Because they can and unfortunately the people who read that excuse of a newspaper seem to also get off on nonsense like this.
Look, at no point do I want to be a daily mail sympathiser, but even if the daily mail is trying to paint Marcus Rashford in a bad light, then people are still reading about him doing nice things. So....let them print it?

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:42 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:37 pm
It’s more than possible somebody sat in a warm nice central heated house might think it’s a ridiculous notion, asking somebody freezing there gonads off under a bridge or in a shop doorway probably wouldn’t quite share the same sentiment.
I’m sat in a nice central heated house right now but on many Wednesday evenings in the last few years I have stood outside in a car park helping a homeless charity.

But that’s not really the point - Rashford is doing brilliant work for other parts of society.
Why are you criticising him for not doing more for the homeless when he is doing more than most for other vulnerable parts of society.
It’s others who should be doing more - including the government.
This user liked this post: dandeclaret

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:47 pm

duncandisorderly wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:38 pm
Look, at no point do I want to be a daily mail sympathiser, but even if the daily mail is trying to paint Marcus Rashford in a bad light, then people are still reading about him doing nice things. So....let them print it?
If it stops one person from reading that shite anymore then yep I agree it’s not a bad thing !!

But in all seriousness - look at what Rashford said about the article. He asked the daily mail not to print stories like this where they refer to his charity campaign work at the same time to his personal wealth (I’m paraphrasing). He knows what the Daily Mail were getting act and it’s real gutter press stuff at best and I won’t say what it is at worst as I don’t want the thread to get locked.
These 2 users liked this post: dandeclaret Bosscat

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5521 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:32 pm

Let's not judge Rashford on who he is helping but those that he isn't.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:13 pm

Fortunately, most people are decent and will appreciate Rashford's magnificent effort. If this effort embarrasses the government and causes envy in the likes of Jakub, so be it.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat GodIsADeeJay81

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:25 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:13 pm
Fortunately, most people are decent and will appreciate Rashford's magnificent effort. If this effort embarrasses the government and causes envy in the likes of Jakub, so be it.
I’ve said he deserves credit & he’s done brilliant, sod all the homeless who gives a stuff about them, it’s more important to let parents off feeding there OWN children & we’ll let the taxpayer pick the tab up instead, some taxpayers might not have children but sod them they can help feed other people’s kids.

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:53 pm

Nobody anywhere has said sod the homeless have they? You've tried to use one group that need help to devalue the good work somebody has done to support another group that need help.

I don't have kids, I'm a tax payer, I grew up in Burnley, in a single parent family (mum was a nurse), that didn't live a lavish lifestyle at all, and sometimes there was no food in the cupboards. It was before food banks, and neighbours and grandparents helped (and mum helped neighbours too when they had no food). It was a struggle to make ends meet. We faced eviction from the house a few times as well when bills got too much. I saw how hard mum worked, taking on extra shifts in nursing homes to try and make ends meet.

The world has moved on, society has collapsed a good deal, and these are some of the families you are begrudging society picking up the bill for? As it is I am now fortunate to pay plenty in tax. Do you know what, I don't begrudge it going to help the homeless, hungry kids, asylum seekers, the unemployed searching for work, or those who work hard but don't earn a living wage. I do begrudge it going on Rees Mogg and Cummins mates for nothing of any quality, and I do begrudge some big orgs who make their money from human capital not paying their taxes to provide for the next generation of people who will provide the support that society needs.

Once again, I feel your ire is pointed in the wrong place.
Last edited by dandeclaret on Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:31 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:25 pm
I’ve said he deserves credit & he’s done brilliant, sod all the homeless who gives a stuff about them, it’s more important to let parents off feeding there OWN children & we’ll let the taxpayer pick the tab up instead, some taxpayers might not have children but sod them they can help feed other people’s kids.
If there are parents, for whatever reason, not able or not willing to feed and care for their kids, where does the problem lay?

I want to live in a society where there aren’t any kids going hungry (or worse). In an ideal world, all parents would be responsible, sufficiently well off and caring for their children. This unfortunately isn’t the case.

So the question is, do you want to support these children, through meals and education etc. (before they perhaps become one of the homeless that you obviously have compassion for) or would you rather be in a society where they’re ignored?

Hopefully a day will come where all parents do the right thing by their kids. Until then......?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:32 am

DCWat wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:31 pm
If there are parents, for whatever reason, not able or not willing to feed and care for their kids, where does the problem lay?

I want to live in a society where there aren’t any kids going hungry (or worse). In an ideal world, all parents would be responsible, sufficiently well off and caring for their children. This unfortunately isn’t the case.

So the question is, do you want to support these children, through meals and education etc. (before they perhaps become one of the homeless that you obviously have compassion for) or would you rather be in a society where they’re ignored?

Hopefully a day will come where all parents do the right thing by their kids. Until then......?
Of course I don't want the children ignored, I want to live in a society where financial responsibility is adhered to, the choice between a iPhone & a lunchbox loaded with contents isn't a choice, the children eat properly & the sacrifices are made but not coming from the taxpayer the parent itself, I'm not responsible for other people's children I've got enough on well I did have with the 1s I raised I was responsible & went without to ensure there was provided for.

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:15 am

It’s not about an iPhone vs lunch box.... open your eyes to what is actually happening ... here’s some stats on child poverty. Your comments are as uneducated as if I were to turn round and tell you that there’s no reason for anybody to be homeless because there’s government support for all the reasons you quote earlier in the thread.... and they have a choice between doing drugs or going to work to pay for housing.... it’s just a lazy response and wrong.

CHILD POVERTY FACTS AND FIGURES

The facts and figures show the reality of child poverty in the UK.

There were 4.2 million children living in poverty in the UK in 2018-19. That's 30 per cent of children, or nine in a classroom of 30.1
44 per cent of children living in lone-parent families are in poverty.2 Lone parents face a higher risk of poverty due to the lack of an additional earner, low rates of maintenance payments, gender inequality in employment and pay, and childcare costs.
Children from black and minority ethnic groups are more likely to be in poverty: 46 per cent are now in poverty, compared with 26 per cent of children in White British families.3
Work does not provide a guaranteed route out of poverty in the UK. 72 per cent of children growing up in poverty live in a household where at least one person works.4
Children in large families are at a far greater risk of living in poverty – 43 per cent of children living in families with 3 or more children live in poverty.5
Childcare and housing are two of the costs that take the biggest toll on families’ budgets.
Between 1998 and 2003 reducing child poverty was made a priority - with a comprehensive strategy and investment in children - and the number of children in poverty fell by 600,000.6
Removing the two-child limit and the benefit cap would lift 100,000s of children out of poverty.7
Increasing child benefit would substantially reduce child poverty as well as providing support to all families with the extra costs children bring.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:53 am

dandeclaret wrote:

Probably buying the Mail