Apple AirPod pros

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Apple AirPod pros

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:50 pm

Hi, I’m just wondering if these are the real deal or will the replica clones non Apple be just as good, any user experiences I’m looking for before buying, thanks.

clarethomer
Been Liked: 946 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Re: Apple AirPod pros

Post by clarethomer » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:59 pm

i don't have the pro but those cheap replicas that you are seeing, avoid like anything.

I have seen reports like one of the earphones not working, them being unsafe too. Many people promoting these, either drop ship from China or will buy a box load from a listing like this https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... t5W2Jz&s=p and then sell with a mark up.

If you can afford the official ones, it should not even be a question.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:12 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:59 pm
i don't have the pro but those cheap replicas that you are seeing, avoid like anything.

I have seen reports like one of the earphones not working, them being unsafe too. Many people promoting these, either drop ship from China or will buy a box load from a listing like this https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... t5W2Jz&s=p and then sell with a mark up.

If you can afford the official ones, it should not even be a question.
The official 1s are roughly £250 if you can get something for like £50 which do the same thing that’s what I’m asking.

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:18 pm

I use Tribits and they are great. 32 quid and good enough to listen to anything.

clarethomer

Post by clarethomer » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:32 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:12 pm
The official 1s are roughly £250 if you can get something for like £50 which do the same thing that’s what I’m asking.
When you say do the same thing, what do you mean?

If you can get all of the features for £50 then probably yes but if you want the technology like spatial audio and transparency mode and you want all the other bits that make it worthwhile like just working with your other apple devices out of the box, I would be surprised if you could find replicas or even anything close to them.

https://www.apple.com/uk/airpods-pro/

I highly doubt you will get something comparable but if you are just looking for a decent set of earphones that have a similar look and you aren't bothered by all those other things then probably not worth paying apple's prices.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:39 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:32 pm
When you say do the same thing, what do you mean?

If you can get all of the features for £50 then probably yes but if you want the technology like spatial audio and transparency mode and you want all the other bits that make it worthwhile like just working with your other apple devices out of the box, I would be surprised if you could find replicas or even anything close to them.

https://www.apple.com/uk/airpods-pro/

I highly doubt you will get something comparable but if you are just looking for a decent set of earphones that have a similar look and you aren't bothered by all those other things then probably not worth paying apple's prices.
I don’t doubt that but these claim to do a similar thing at a fraction I’m just wondering if anybody has had a positive experience with clone non Apple AirPods it’s difficult to justify spending £250 when you can spend £50 on a similar/same thing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-AirPod ... 890.l49292

DCWat
Been Liked: 4143 times
Has Liked: 3606 times

Post by DCWat » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:39 pm

If you’re purchasing something reputable, from a known brand, go for it. I’ve got the AirPod Pro’s and they’re great but not cheap at £250.

If you’re looking at some sort of replica drone what might be an unknown brand / supplier, I’d be very wary of sticking something in my ears that hasn’t gone through the appropriate safety checks etc.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3806 times

Post by JohnMac » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:41 pm

I bought some 'alternatives' cheap and one of them refuses to work despite trawling YouTube for solutions.

I would avoid them.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:41 pm

I won some a while back which I now use when I need to be on calls or are travelling by train or short haul flights (I have to travel a lot with work). If I'm listening at home or on long haul, I much prefer the noise cancelling Bose Quietcomfort QC35's, although they are over ear headphones so a different kettle of fish.

Previously I had Jabra Elite 65t's (about £80 now) which I have to say were exceptional sound quality, probably equaling the Airpod Pro's. That said, they were not true noise cancelling but did a very good job of keeping the noise out. They also had the ability to let sound through via a tap on the headphones if you needed it similar to the airpods) and had volume controls on the headphones, which the airpods lack.

If I was to be in the market now and was choosing between the £80 Jabra's or the £200+ airpods, I'd probably go for the Jabra's.

clarethomer

Post by clarethomer » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:49 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:39 pm
I don’t doubt that but these claim to do a similar thing at a fraction I’m just wondering if anybody has had a positive experience with clone non Apple AirPods it’s difficult to justify spending £250 when you can spend £50 on a similar/same thing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-AirPod ... 890.l49292
The point is that they are not the same thing but an inferior copy which will not have the same parts used.

I am also sceptical of that posting in Ebay as the images used are just taken from other websites https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-thea ... n-airpods/ - you will see the AirPods on the phone picture there.

There a 4 reviews, one was a positive review because he refunded an order they couldn't fulfil.

I think it was this show that had some examples of why I would be cautious of knock offs https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... -knockoffs

Bigvince
Been Liked: 937 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:03 pm

My advice for what it’s worth is, if you think the apple ones are too expensive, go for another ear bud from a reputable brand. I bought some JBL ones last year, from Argos should have been £139 but were £89 on sale. What you get with the copies, is poor build and reliability, and most of all inferior sound quality
This user liked this post: clarethomer

JarrowClaret
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 195 times

Post by JarrowClaret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:05 pm

I watched an online review recently about this and they were comparing and the cheaper set came out of it better but I tend to not trust anything that is cheap like that.

Jambounchained
Been Liked: 171 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Jambounchained » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:09 pm

AirPod pros are absolutely fantastic. Top drawer noise cancelling as well.

Typical Apple product, expense but they just work flawlessly, from the way they sync to your phone to the way they sound.

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:00 pm

over priced and over hyped, but if you want to listen to the adverts then that's fine, down to personal choice, I did my research and am very happy with mine and don't see how Apple could be any better to make a meaningful difference.

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 295 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:28 pm

I have some £20 mpow earphones and I genuinely can't hear much difference between them and airpods.

£20....

Let that sink in.

Unless you're a musician - you're being played.
This user liked this post: KateR

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:34 pm

KateR wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:00 pm
over priced and over hyped, but if you want to listen to the adverts then that's fine, down to personal choice, I did my research and am very happy with mine and don't see how Apple could be any better to make a meaningful difference.
What kind have you got?

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:46 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:34 pm
What kind have you got?
SimpTronic V9

bought on Amazon, as always am sure there will be an updated version, and others comparable, as I said I did my research, starting with the Apple ones, huge amount out there to choose from, took my time and am happy with them. Has Google Search and Siri function but never used that so can't comment.

I am useless with electronics but even I got them working easily, mostly for phone but also use with my I-Pod when walking. Had an issue originally with them fitting properly, but three sizes and changed, funny think is I ended up with different sizes for each ear!!

That was a lesson learned, try jumping up and down in them, whatever make you get to ensure they don't fall out easily.