Referee's Post-Match Homework

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Goodclaret
Been Liked: 543 times
Has Liked: 1512 times

Re: Referee's Post-Match Homework

Post by Goodclaret » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:46 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:29 am
Has Dermot been on Sky Sports yet for his ref review?

Be interesting to hear what he has to say about it
I will have a total guess at our lovely Dermot agreeing with every single ref/VAR decision dependant on any evidence to the contrary. I gave up watching Ref watch a fair while ago now as it was just pointless as he didn't want to upset any of his mates.

As for Scott last night, that really was a poor evening of officiating. For the referees (on here) what could the reason for Brady's yellow card be put down as? It couldn't be delaying the restart as the player was being treated so was never going to start anyway. It was just a dreadful decision. The Elneny incident is just corrupt. It's a red all day long and between Scott and Coote they are proved to be totally incompetent or blatant cheats.

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 589 times

Post by rob63 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:14 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:29 am
Has Dermot been on Sky Sports yet for his ref review?

Be interesting to hear what he has to say about it
Tonight, isn't it for that?

IWOODLOVETT
Been Liked: 495 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:16 pm

Clear cut red card offence and the Arsenal player knew it - hence his swallow dive. The “ball not in play” explanation is nonsense because it was clearly dangerous play and if a full on punch-up had followed the ref would have had no other option than red.
As in rugby, I think that clubs should be able to cite players for dangerous play and also these days for simulation on a football pitch. It wouldn’t change the result but it would have a positive effect on the players and the referees.

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 589 times

Post by rob63 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:35 pm

Rowls wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:50 pm
Set the bar impossibly low for bookings with that, didn't he!

Just imagine if there were no 4th official to call him over and ask him politely to reconsider - we'd be comparing the booking of Brady (for nothing) with one of their players getting the same punishment for grabbing an opponent around the throat.

The VAR has worked well in this instance.
Hi Rowls, just got to point one thing out..... the 4th official wouldn't ask him to reconsider, the 4th official is the person on the touchline keeping the managers apart & making sure the subs don't take weapons onto the pitch ( I can't see what else they do). I'm sure you mean the Video Assistant Referee or VAR, which, in true football-speak leaves it as clear as mud whether they're referring to the personage of the referee or the actual process of reaching a decision, or the equipment used to reach said decision.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5101 times
Has Liked: 5168 times

Post by Rowls » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:31 pm

rob63 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:35 pm
Hi Rowls, just got to point one thing out..... the 4th official wouldn't ask him to reconsider, the 4th official is the person on the touchline keeping the managers apart & making sure the subs don't take weapons onto the pitch ( I can't see what else they do). I'm sure you mean the Video Assistant Referee or VAR, which, in true football-speak leaves it as clear as mud whether they're referring to the personage of the referee or the actual process of reaching a decision, or the equipment used to reach said decision.
You're right rob. I've mixed up the 4th official and the video ref.