Australia-India 1st test (Adelaide Oval)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Australia-India 1st test (Adelaide Oval)

Post by tiger76 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:13 pm

Intriguing battle taking place down under, India have a lead of 62 after 2 action packed days with 9 2nd innings wickets in hand, they'll want to try and claim victory in this test if they can, because their skipper Virat Kohli is returning home for paternity reasons following this match.

It sounds like a spinners paradise, and the day/night test at Adelaide is England's most likely chance of obtaining a victory down under on the next tour, so pleasing to see the Aussies toiling at home for once, even Steve Smith made only 1 with the bat, this shows that even on home soil the Aussies aren't unbeatable, if England can build a side to adapt to those conditions.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1879 times
Has Liked: 837 times

Re: Australia-India 1st test (Adelaide Oval)

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:21 pm

An amazing number of dropped catches as well! Great to see test cricket with a crowd allowed back in.

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 1006 times
Has Liked: 2047 times

Post by LeadBelly » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:08 pm

At the end of day1 I thought it was likely that Oz would get a first innings lead but it turned out not so. If Oz can get a few quick wickets (Kholi especially) on day 3 they still have a decent chance but India are favourites as it stands (4/6 with my bookie anyway).

If India get much over 200 in this 2nd innings, it'll be v difficult for Oz & 250 would be a match clincher I think.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:18 pm

If you can get Smith out cheaply the rest of the Aussie batting isn't much to write home about.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:55 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:18 pm
If you can get Smith out cheaply the rest of the Aussie batting isn't much to write home about.
Labuschagne is a decent test player, but I agree Smith is the key, the problem for England last summer is we couldn't get him out cheaply. :roll:

The Australian strength is in their bowling, that's why they are able to win matches especially in home conditions.

You'd hope England can make a better fist in 2021 than their last 2 trips down under, the Aussies are useful at home, but they're by no means a team of supermen.

Keeping Archer & Wood fit will be vital, they should both take wickets on the hard bouncy Australian pitches, and it's been too long since England have had genuine pace in our attack, if you're going to triumph in Australia it's essential.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3860 times
Has Liked: 2068 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:10 pm

The Aussies bowlers are very economical, not bowling many bad balls at all. We need to bat for long periods when we go out there.

Some very good cricketers have gone out there and looked pretty ordinary for England over the years.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:25 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:10 pm
The Aussies bowlers are very economical, not bowling many bad balls at all. We need to bat for long periods when we go out there.

Some very good cricketers have gone out there and looked pretty ordinary for England over the years.
Can't disagree with that, the reason we won in 10/11 was that we piled on the runs, and batted them out of the game.

If you win the toss over there, you bat 1st and you bat big and long, 500 is required even if it takes 2 days to get them, scoreboard pressure is enormous in an Ashes series.

Looking at England's batting the players are there, Burns, Sibley, Crawley, and of course Root & Stokes are all more than capable of putting runs on the board, as they've shown over the last few years, someone will need to bat as Cook did in our last Ashes triumph down under, if any of those mentioned can do that role, then England have every chance with our bowling options, the one worry for me is our spinners in the longer format, Leech is decent but he's never going to bowl top quality sides out, whereas Lyon might. And as you correctly state it's a hard slog for the quicks with the warm weather out there, so you need your spinner to at least tie down an end to allow you to rest/rotate your seamers, and it's questionable how much Stokes will bowl, he may even be selected purely as a batsman, so Woakes and probably Broad would be the workhorses, along with a spinner, hopefully allowing Archer & Wood to operate in short quick bursts, they're more effective that way.

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:47 pm

Bear in mind Australia are missing Warner and it looked likely that Will Pucovski (sp?) would have replaced Joe Burns to open with him were it not for another concussion injury. Burns has been in shocking form and can't buy a run even in the Sheffield Shield.

Both India and Australia look significantly stronger than England at the moment and with two away series coming up in a packed year for England it may be two very challenging tours.

Australia's bowling is ridiculously strong with Pattinson not even involved in this Test. An Australian top four of Warner, Pucovski, Smith and Labuschagne is going to be very difficult to overcome. Admittedly, the lower middle order of Travis Head, Matthew Wade and Tim Paine doesn't look as strong but I can't imagine Paine going on if his form were to depart. Wade could take the gloves back and Smith could resume as skipper. England would need Root, Stokes, and Archer to find some exceptional Test match form and on recent performances only Stokes seems capable of delivering this.

And to just to add to tiger's comments above - Australia is where finger spinners go to die. I can't see Leach, Bess or Moeen succeeding there and I would be very reluctant to send Parkinson into the fray without some significant experience first.

I also don't think we should buy into all this idea of you must get 500 and you must have 7 foot tall bowlers who bowl 90 mph+. Consistency and accuracy can be just as important. I'm fairly sure that Vernon Philander has a good record in Australia. You often see big scores in Brisbane and Perth but that was at the WACA and its too early to say how things are going to go at the new ground. Melbourne and the SCG can often see scores in the 200-300 region.

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1110 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:19 pm

Typical of the Aussies now. This is the 8th “pink ball” test. They’ve won the previous 7. Championed it as the future of test cricket. They complained loudly a couple of years ago when India refused to play a pink ball test. Guess what? Now they’re struggling, it’s the balls fault, Captain Tim Paine “the pink ball is really hard to pick up, it might look good on tv, but it’s different on the field”!! And they call us whingers.

LeadBelly

Post by LeadBelly » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:22 am

Blimey, would never have guessed the scores Ive just picked up pitting my BT channel on!

Nobody in double figures for the tourists, Oz possible about to win by a fair few W. Presumably Ill then get a recap of the wickets with my morning tea and porridge. (Or maybe Oz will collapse too, after all theyve only just wiped out the 1st innings deficit?) I think a :o :o :o is in order

RammyClaret61

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:55 am

They’re seeing the ball now!! :lol:
This user liked this post: LeadBelly

LeadBelly

Post by LeadBelly » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:15 am

It just had a list of the lowest innings scores in tests on BT tv coverage.
That was the joint 5/6/7th lowest (maybe placed 7th because its for 9 rather than 10 I guess). Surprisingly England dont feature in the batting but very prominent in the "opponents" column.
They'll have to redo this list now http://www.howstat.com/cricket/statisti ... asp?Stat=3

Local cricketer
Been Liked: 412 times
Has Liked: 87 times

Post by Local cricketer » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:31 am

Hard to know who I dislike more. Tim Paine the gobshite or V Rat the arrogant fecker
This user liked this post: LeadBelly

LeadBelly

Post by LeadBelly » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:47 am

Local cricketer wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:31 am
Hard to know who I dislike more. Tim Paine the gobshite or V Rat the arrogant fecker
It was hard not to smile at Kohli's demeanour as his side sunk out there. He'll need to earn his corn to lift his lads after that

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:53 am

LeadBelly wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:47 am
It was hard not to smile at Kohli's demeanour as his side sunk out there. He'll need to earn his corn to lift his lads after that
Kohli is flying home now for the birth of his first child! Hard to see anything other than 4 nil to the Aussies after that.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:55 pm

India's lowest ever test total, and one of the lowest in history, and more tellingly the others were all on uncovered pitches many moons ago.

Hard to see how India regroup after that, Kohli is leaving the tour, and they have injuries in their bowling department, it looks like the Aussies are heading for World Test Championship final.

A frightening prospect for England watching that brutal bowling display, and the Aussies have strength in depth, it could be a long winter down under next year.

Nobody even made double figures in India's 2nd innings, mind you the real turning point was the run out of Kohli on day 1, he and India were well placed to post a big score before that moment.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:17 pm

Bumping this to save creating another thread, it's a good job the Aussies can bowl, because they certainly can't bat, rolled over for 195, including an 8 ball duck for Steve Smith, India steady in their reply 36-1 at stumps.

scrambledclaret
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 128 times

Post by scrambledclaret » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:02 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:17 pm
Bumping this to save creating another thread, it's a good job the Aussies can bowl, because they certainly can't bat, rolled over for 195, including an 8 ball duck for Steve Smith, India steady in their reply 36-1 at stumps.
India bowled well, it's bloody lucky that my own cricketing ambitions never came to much, I don't think I could face Bumrah on a good day without a serious mental breakdown. Wade also played possibly the worst shot I've ever seen from an opening batsman in the first session of a test, clearly not a serious proposition up top. Head again made a decent start but failed to grasp the nettle. It will be interesting to see how Gill goes, he looked great for a young man playing his first test on a day pretty much everyone else struggled. Removing him and/or Pujara early will be crucial if Australia want to make anything of it. Pant aside, I don't think the Indian batting looks too threatening, First session tonight should prove interesting...

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:21 pm

I was planning on staying up to watch the first hour last night but was too stuffed/tired. I probably will tonight though, nicely poised... If the Aussies can get Pujara out quickly they'll fancy their chances of running through them again.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:37 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:21 pm
I was planning on staying up to watch the first hour last night but was too stuffed/tired. I probably will tonight though, nicely poised... If the Aussies can get Pujara out quickly they'll fancy their chances of running through them again.
That's the worry for India, on paper they're in a decent position, but this was the case in the 1st test; and they then succumbed meekly, this is where they will miss Kohli's experience, he'd have been vital in them building a lead, and they will need a lead, as batting 4th on this pitch won't be easy at all, not to mention the Aussie attack is fairly decent to say the least.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3860 times
Has Liked: 2068 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:27 pm

It's good news for England all these low scores. When we go over there we can compete at scores of 300 or under. When it's 500 scores needed we will struggle.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:34 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:27 pm
It's good news for England all these low scores. When we go over there we can compete at scores of 300 or under. When it's 500 scores needed we will struggle.
It is good news. however a word of caution, England don't possess a world-class spinner like Ashwin, and he's been able to dismiss Steve Smith cheaply twice, whereas England haven't yet found a method of dismissing him, whether in England or Australia, and unless we can solve this conundrum, it'll be a tough series down there, also the Aussies seem to find another gear when England visit.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:43 am

The Aussies trial by 131 on 1st innings, a great chance for India to level the series now, brilliant century by Rahane, all the pressure now on the Aussies to set a testing total, anything above 150 could still be difficult for the tourists, but if India can go on to win this test without Kohli it'll be a huge morale boost for them.

RammyClaret61

Post by RammyClaret61 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:14 am

110-6. Still 21 behind. Come on India finish it tonight.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:23 pm

133-6 at the close, a slender lead of 2 runs, India should wrap things up early on day 4, and India are also a bowler light after Umesh Yadav had to leave the field injured, a terrific response by the tourists to that 1st test collapse, and further proof that this Australian team is brittle with the bat, Smith failed again, and only Labuschagne looks capable of playing a big innings that test cricket demands, the bowlers have got them out of jail in the past, but I can't see that happening this time, it looks certain to be 1-1 heading to Sydney, it's shaping up to be a great series, and right now it's tough to call who'll emerge victorious.

LeadBelly

Post by LeadBelly » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:58 pm

A huge turnaround between the two Test Matches, a good effort by India to come back so strongly after that 36 AO debacle.

I wonder if India will deduce that they're better off without Kohli? ;)

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:25 pm

LeadBelly wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:58 pm
A huge turnaround between the two Test Matches, a good effort by India to come back so strongly after that 36 AO debacle.

I wonder if India will deduce that they're better off without Kohli? ;)
As a captain or a batsman, you can argue about his captaincy skills, but you surely wouldn't leave him out of your batting line-up when he's available.

What may have happened is the rest of the team have realised that they all need to make a contribution if they're going to compete with the Aussies in Oz.

I know Australia have a few out, but their batting has been poor all series, they haven't yet passed 200 in both their completed innings, and it's looking unlikely that they will in this current effort either. Take Labuschagne and Smith out, and they are average at best with the bat, it's their quicks and Lyon that often dig them out of trouble, even in last summer's Ashes the cracks were papered over by those 2 doing the bulk of the scoring, I haven't got the stats to hand, but off the top of my head I'd wager they amassed not far of half of all Australia's total runs in 2019, if England can find a way to dismiss them and Warner cheaply (I assume he'll return for the Ashes) then the rest will crumble, the problem for England is finding a formula to get those 3 out in Australian conditions, Broad had Warner in his pocket at home, but in Australia Warner is a different animal.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8485 times
Has Liked: 18201 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:35 am

Virat Kohli spent too much time filming Coronation Street.....

Virat Kohli
billy_corrie 2.jpg
billy_corrie 2.jpg (10.55 KiB) Viewed 2638 times
Daniel Brocklebank
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (276.93 KiB) Viewed 2638 times

CleggHall
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 1047 times

Post by CleggHall » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:35 am

A great comeback from India after 36 all out.
Aussie batting very fragile in face of Bumrah and Ashwin, Smith’s lack of technique will tell on him one day.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:48 am

CleggHall wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:35 am
Smith’s lack of technique will tell on him one day.
Let's hope that it's one day soon.

LeadBelly

Post by LeadBelly » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:05 am

Smith's mojo does seem to be on the wane lately. He had a relatively poor IPL (average of 25.9 this year v 39.9 year before). Scores in his 4 innings in this test series: 1, 1 n.o., 0, 8

He's "been there and done it", so maybe he's just lost a bit of motivation temporarily or bowlers have finally worked out ways of dealing with his technique. Probably a bit of both but I suspect he'll get some form back soon.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:01 pm

India were without Virat, Rohit, Ishant & Shami for this match as well, making this comprehensive victory all the better for them, it shows the strength in depth they now possess in their ranks, all things being equal these 2 should be contesting the inaugural World Test Championship final, and if this series is anything to go by it'll be a cracker.

All the momentum is now with the tourists, but it'd be a brave man to write the Aussies off, however all the questions are for them to solve, particularly in their batting department, until they can put runs on the board they'll struggle to win test matches, no matter who good their attack is.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:56 pm

Good 1st day for the Aussies 166-2, a half century for Pucovski on debut, and Labuschagne and Smith well set, if India don't get one or both of these 2 out early it could be a long day in the field for them chasing leather, good to see Warner failing on his return though.

RammyClaret61

Post by RammyClaret61 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:59 am

India win day 2.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am

RammyClaret61 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:59 am
India win day 2.
India fought back strongly, at one point it looked like Australia were building a huge total so 338 is about par, solid start by India in reply, I can't call this test as these 2 are so well matched, but you feel India could do with a slender 1st innings lead at least, as batting 4th chasing will be tough against Lyon.

Worth noting Labuschagne and Smith scored the bulk of the runs for Australia again, the rest didn't contribute much, this shows how reliant they are on this pair.

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2588 times

Post by dandeclaret » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:23 pm

Is Labuschagne now the most irritating man in cricket? His try hard copy Steve smith and over the too leaves, combined with typical average to bad banter in the field just mark him out as a very strange, hard to like individual. Yep

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:33 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:23 pm
Is Labuschagne now the most irritating man in cricket? His try hard copy Steve smith and over the too leaves, combined with typical average to bad banter in the field just mark him out as a very strange, hard to like individual. Yep
Comes over as a right knob on the prime documentary

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2588 times

Post by dandeclaret » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:44 pm

LeadBelly

Post by LeadBelly » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:40 pm

This game is at an interesting point so I may watch some of the 1st session tonight, see how it starts to pan out.

Australia looked set for at least 400 when Labu was out at 206-3 and Smith well set but the middle order crumbled and India pulled it back very well. Tourists would've been pleased to get Oz out for for 338; not a bad score but below par.

Oz will have hopes of getting some quick wickets on Saturday morning with two newish to the crease batsmen @ 96-2. Two or three wickets in the morning session and India could struggle for parity. Having to bat last, India really need a first innings lead. Bookies are looking at c 300 for India and Oz odds to win the match at 8/13; India 15/4. (Not sure its as clear cut as that).

If it was England touring (as it was 10 years back), it'd be a long stint of viewing/listening tonight/early hours but I'll probably just give it an hour.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:47 pm

LeadBelly wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:40 pm
This game is at an interesting point so I may watch some of the 1st session tonight, see how it starts to pan out.

Australia looked set for at least 400 when Labu was out at 206-3 and Smith well set but the middle order crumbled and India pulled it back very well. Tourists would've been pleased to get Oz out for for 338; not a bad score but below par.

Oz will have hopes of getting some quick wickets on Saturday morning with two newish to the crease batsmen @ 96-2. Two or three wickets in the morning session and India could struggle for parity. Having to bat last, India really need a first innings lead. Bookies are looking at c 300 for India and Oz odds to win the match at 8/13; India 15/4. (Not sure its as clear cut as that).

If it was England touring (as it was 10 years back), it'd be a long stint of viewing/listening tonight/early hours but I'll probably just give it an hour.
That's a pretty fair summary LeadBelly. I do agree India will probably need a 1st innings lead to keep it interesting for the neutrals.

In all the hubbub over this series it's worth noting New Zealand have now gone top of the test rankings for the 1st time ever after their comprehensive victory over Pakistan, and they still have an outside chance of finishing in the top 2 in the WTC, and meeting either of these sides at Lords in the summer.

welsbyswife
Been Liked: 494 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by welsbyswife » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:02 pm

I'm annoyed that this isn't on Sky. No Big Bash anymore either. Gradually getting less and less for the subscription.
This user liked this post: Aclaret

LeadBelly

Post by LeadBelly » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:35 pm

welsbyswife wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:02 pm
I'm annoyed that this isn't on Sky. No Big Bash anymore either. Gradually getting less and less for the subscription.
It's getting the same with all main sports. Initially you just needed SkySport to follow a lot of footy/cricket/rugby, then you needed Sky and BT Sport; now there's Amazon etc involved too. Getting to the point where it's just not worth buying into any of them.

Anyway, India have started very slowly and carefully but no huge scares other than physical danger from the short & fast.

RammyClaret61

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:21 am

India collapse to 244 all out from 195-5. Couple of injuries as well. They’ll struggle now I think. Aussies currently 28-1, 122 ahead.

Side note: I’ve lived here over 10 years now, I still can’t get use to the Aussies saying the score the wrong way round, you ask the question. How many are Australia? They’re 1 for 28. Gets even more confusing whe the score is in the hundreds, when on the radio they say “three for hundred and twenty” 🤷🏻‍♂️

LeadBelly

Post by LeadBelly » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:13 am

RammyClaret61 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:21 am
India collapse to 244 all out from 195-5. Couple of injuries as well. They’ll struggle now I think. Aussies currently 28-1, 122 ahead.

Side note: I’ve lived here over 10 years now, I still can’t get use to the Aussies saying the score the wrong way round, you ask the question. How many are Australia? They’re 1 for 28. Gets even more confusing whe the score is in the hundreds, when on the radio they say “three for hundred and twenty” 🤷🏻‍♂️
Rammy- have you got used to the constellations and the moon all being upside yet though? That right perplexed me when I was there 10 years ago for the ashes series. (Also, if I remember right from 50+ years back, didnt they have 8 ball overs to add to the confusion).

On the cricket- India look way out of it now, 18/1 for a win at the bookies (draw 10/1, Oz 1/12 )

RammyClaret61

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:00 am

It’s amazing test cricket. Australia have only won 2 sessions in all 3 tests so far, and they’re about to go 2-1 up.

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:34 am

LeadBelly wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:35 pm
It's getting the same with all main sports. Initially you just needed SkySport to follow a lot of footy/cricket/rugby, then you needed Sky and BT Sport; now there's Amazon etc involved too. Getting to the point where it's just not worth buying into any of them.

Anyway, India have started very slowly and carefully but no huge scares other than physical danger from the short & fast.
Rumours that the India v England series might be on the Disney subscription service according to the wisden podcast.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:59 am

Australia 103-2 at the close, lead of 197, surprise, surprise, Labuschange & Smith taking the game away from India.

The crucial session was yesterday I suspect, Cummins bowled brilliantly, but 3 run outs is unforgivable in a tight test match, and that's just gifting the opposition vital wickets.

If India can manage even a draw from here they'll have done well, but with the quality of the Aussie attack, I can't see it.

RammyClaret61

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:10 pm

India might be short a few batsmen also. 4 players injured, two needing scans.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:22 pm

RammyClaret61 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:10 pm
India might be short a few batsmen also. 4 players injured, two needing scans.
I guess it'll be one of those if they still have 2/3 wickets left in the final throws of day 5, then they'll wheel their walking wounded out, but if it's a hopeless cause they won't bother risking anyone, they certainly look like being seriously depleted for the 4th test, and that's without Kohli already.

You do wonder what's going through the minds of England's batsman having witnessed such a hostile bowling display by Australia, that attack must be easily the best in world cricket right now, and if you can score runs against that mob in Australia you are definitely a player that can handle test cricket, because it won't get any tougher than a tour of Oz, India would be a close second mind you, and I think England have the pleasure of visiting both next winter in the space of a few months, that'll tell Root and the selectors a lot about the character and temperament of some of these young England players, but that's what being a top test match player entails.

Local cricketer
Been Liked: 412 times
Has Liked: 87 times

Post by Local cricketer » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:33 pm

Timmy Paine should be banned after the dissent he showed to Paul Blocker Wilson during the first session.

No idea where this idea that he is a good bloke comes from. The Aussies deciding where the line is again