Sheffield United. When it rains

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Re: Sheffield United. When it rains

Post by arise_sir_charge » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:59 pm

Brewster still has the opportunity to become a good player, as CT alludes to, I just think he's not the player they needed in the summer.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:06 pm

Interesting statistic - Sheffield United have spent in the transfer market in the last 2 seasons nearly £125m.

That’s only a “couple of Brewsters” less than we have just sold our club for !!

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:30 pm

£23m for a bang average player who can't even dive convicingly...

You could have got 5 Ashley Barnes for that!
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:51 pm

Villa took quite a risky transfer policy last season in buying a lot of young players who would struggle to make an immediate impact. The risk nearly backfired and Villa's recruitment last year was scoffed at on here.

Twelve months on and these young players are starting to look very good players with soaring values whilst helping turn Villa in to a very good and exciting team.

I think its fair for Sheff Utd to think that they had enough in the squad following last seasons performance to be able to invest in someone who might be a future star rather than just buying safe risk free signings who bring their own challenges.

It hasn't worked for Sheff Utd but as we can see with Villa its a fine line between great success and total failure.

Also worth noting that not every team has a Sean Dyche cos there's no way I could see Burnley surviving in this division with the current squad and transfer policy if we didn't have Dyche as our manager
This user liked this post: Bosscat