Players laughing and joking at full time

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 781 times
Has Liked: 1435 times

Re: Players laughing and joking at full time

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:14 pm

thelaughingclaret wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:19 pm
The players are content with losing and relegation. At the end of the day they won’t be dropped and they still get paid thousands at the end of the week. No repercussions. Then you have players like Tarks who think they are the nest players on earth and who don’t care as if we go down a bigger club will snap them up anyway because what club wouldn’t want a centre half who can’t mark strikers from a relegated club?
Seems like we miss a Barton type figure in the dressing room to bash some heads together. Dyche would usually sort them out but I think the whole Garlick saga has taken its toll, and with the new owners not spending a single bean on anyone yet I think he is losing the desire he once had for this club to succeed as he’s all alone.
I guess they think it will be fun when their wages half in the championship.

Go and have and lie down pal
This user liked this post: Burnley1989

Zenwisdom
Been Liked: 7 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Post by Zenwisdom » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:18 pm

The midfield is so poor I don’t know wether to laugh or cry
Not seen much football this season not surprised with comments on here though back to the drawing board 🤔

Whitgord
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 683 times

Post by Whitgord » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:37 pm

I wonder if they would have been laughing and joking at the end if 1500 Burnley fans had been there?
This user liked this post: whiffa

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:40 pm

Whitgord wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:37 pm
I wonder if they would have been laughing and joking at the end if 1500 Burnley fans had been there?
They were when we beat em 0...3 p!ssing them selves..we all were.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Whitgord
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 683 times

Post by Whitgord » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:48 pm

They would certainly have known our opinion today, and it wouldn’t warrant any laughing or smiling.
This user liked this post: whiffa

CBT
Been Liked: 108 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by CBT » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:01 pm

It's a weird one but never see this sort of thing at kids footy
They're always complaining and falling out about something along with the parents either about the ref or opposing players
So maybe it's a good thing that the top level are showing them how it should be done

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2416 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:43 pm

These days are strange.

Players would not normally act as they did today because there would be 1,000's fans watching their actions very closely.

I'm sure the players who were talking to the opposition were congratulating them!

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2378 times
Has Liked: 3806 times

Post by JohnMac » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:51 am

Whistle blows and it's game over. They aren't paid to be fans as well as players.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

bobinho
Been Liked: 4105 times
Has Liked: 6588 times

Post by bobinho » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:36 am

JohnMac wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:51 am
Whistle blows and it's game over. They aren't paid to be fans as well as players.
If we were paid to be fans John, some on here would be better off on benefits.
This user liked this post: JohnMac

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2599 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by dandeclaret » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:42 am

Jesus Wept....

File alongside

Tyrone Mears not smiling on a team photo
Robbie Brady not looking visibly upset when he got injured
Chris Wood not being good because he's now got a gut

In the absolutely unimportant, nonsensical, class.
This user liked this post: ChrisG

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1698 times
Has Liked: 790 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:47 am

I can see an over reaction both sides, however if I was a Burnley player rooted at the bottom of the league with some heavy weight fixtures coming up, and having played badly individually and as a team I would not be going off "all smiles"

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:48 am

warksclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:47 am
I can see an over reaction both sides, however if I was a Burnley player rooted at the bottom of the league with some heavy weight fixtures coming up, and having played badly individually and as a team I would not be going off "all smiles"
Have you mixed Burnley up with Sheffield United? Burnley are currently not in the relegation zone, let alone rooted to the bottom of the league.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

bobinho

Post by bobinho » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:29 am

dandeclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:48 am
Have you mixed Burnley up with Sheffield United? Burnley are currently not in the relegation zone, let alone rooted to the bottom of the league.
Wow. Just wow.

There’s none so blind...

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:45 am

bobinho wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:29 am
Wow. Just wow.

There’s none so blind...
What have I said there that is incorrect? They are not rooted to the bottom of the table, they are not in the relegation zone. Is that incorrect?
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:46 am

bobinho wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:29 am
Wow. Just wow.

There’s none so blind...
Come on....you just got to Larf!!!!

bobinho

Post by bobinho » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:52 am

dandeclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:45 am
What have I said there that is incorrect? They are not rooted to the bottom of the table, they are not in the relegation zone. Is that incorrect?
May I suggest you start wearing gloves? They may help.

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:11 pm

Bizarre response.

warksclaret

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:21 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:48 am
Statistically not, but in my humble opinion we are as good as. The pandemic has meant I have been watching a lot of football since November,as a result I have seen a huge upturn in Fulhams performances. An incredible performance at Leicester where they took 3 points, more recently draws away to Liverpool, and Spurs, and with 10 men yesterday unlucky not to get a point v Chelsea. If we could create that sort of form I would be confident we would escape relegation. Its only a matter of time before Fulham overtake us, particularly if you cannot score goals (we have 9 in 16). Brighton I hate to say are a very good all round side with a good choice of strikers who can trouble defences. As I said yesterday, unless Newcastle take a downturn it is going to be extremely difficult with the way we are set up, to beat the drop.All I keep hearing on this site is "Vydra deserves a chance". He has played a lot of game time since the post lockdown in May. His record is no goals in 12 months in the PL. Our leading scorer has three goals, the next highest is 1. And to put the nail in the coffin BFS's performance v Wolves yesterday makes you think what he could do with that team

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1162 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:26 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:21 pm
Statistically not, but in my humble opinion we are as good as. The pandemic has meant I have been watching a lot of football since November,as a result I have seen a huge upturn in Fulhams performances. An incredible performance at Leicester where they took 3 points, more recently draws away to Liverpool, and Spurs, and with 10 men yesterday unlucky not to get a point v Chelsea. If we could create that sort of form I would be confident we would escape relegation. Its only a matter of time before Fulham overtake us, particularly if you cannot score goals (we have 9 in 16). Brighton I hate to say are a very good all round side with a good choice of strikers who can trouble defences. As I said yesterday, unless Newcastle take a downturn it is going to be extremely difficult with the way we are set up, to beat the drop.All I keep hearing on this site is "Vydra deserves a chance". He has played a lot of game time since the post lockdown in May. His record is no goals in 12 months in the PL. Our leading scorer has three goals, the next highest is 1. And to put the nail in the coffin BFS's performance v Wolves yesterday makes you think what he could do with that team
Starting from the week Fulham won at Leicester they've got 8 points from 8 games. Burnley have got 11 points from their last 8 games.

aggi
Been Liked: 2119 times

Post by aggi » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:27 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:42 am
Jesus Wept....

File alongside

Tyrone Mears not smiling on a team photo
Robbie Brady not looking visibly upset when he got injured
Chris Wood not being good because he's now got a gut

In the absolutely unimportant, nonsensical, class.
Can't believe you've missed Andre Gray not clapping enough.

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:29 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:21 pm
Here's the latest form table... https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier ... bewerb/GB1 Burnley are well above Fulham. If we could create Fulham's current form, we'd be in the bottom 3. Those stikers that trouble teams are part of a group of players who have scored 3 goals in their last 7 premier league games..... compared to Burnley's 4 goals in their last 7 premier league games.

I appreciate that people aren't happy, but as ever, it has to be contextualised in the reality of the situation. The reality is that the statement "(Burnley are) Rooted to the bottom of the table is factually incorrect", as is the notion that Fulham are on a better run of form, or goalscoring. It isn't the reality. They may be unlukcy against Chelsea, but Burnley were unlucky to not get a point against Man Utd.
These 2 users liked this post: Tall Paul bodge

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:32 pm

Years ago one of our players missed a penalty in crucial match and at the final whistle I saw him smiling as he walked from the pitch. I think he might have been breathing too. I was so upset. He obviously didn't love our club. Shame on him, the smiling and breathing so-and-so.

warksclaret

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:39 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:29 pm
Here's the latest form table... https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier ... bewerb/GB1 Burnley are well above Fulham. If we could create Fulham's current form, we'd be in the bottom 3. Those stikers that trouble teams are part of a group of players who have scored 3 goals in their last 7 premier league games..... compared to Burnley's 4 goals in their last 7 premier league games.

I appreciate that people aren't happy, but as ever, it has to be contextualised in the reality of the situation. The reality is that the statement "(Burnley are) Rooted to the bottom of the table is factually incorrect", as is the notion that Fulham are on a better run of form, or goalscoring. It isn't the reality. They may be unlucky against Chelsea, but Burnley were unlucky to not get a point against Man Utd.
Not disputing the stats at all. They dont tell you everything thats relevant-ie just how poorly we played against MK Dons and WHU yesterday.OK -lets see how we do against Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City, and Villa in the next four games, then we can re-evaluate how we have performed against Fulham. Bear in mind Fulham contained Man City to two goals, and drew at Liverpool, and lost to Chelsea 1-0 with ten men
This user liked this post: bobinho

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:43 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:39 pm
Not disputing the stats at all. They dont tell you everything thats relevant-ie just how poorly we played against MK Dons and WHU yesterday.OK -lets see how we do against Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City, and Villa in the next four games, then we can re-evaluate how we have performed against Fulham. Bear in mind Fulham contained Man City to two goals, and drew at Liverpool, and lost to Chelsea 1-0 with ten men
They contained city to 2 goals, is irrelevant, and maybe if they had been as disciplined as Burnley have been with regards to sendings offs, then they wouldn't have been playing Chelsea with 10 men? Everything they do is unlucky, but everything Burnley do is poor seems to be the metric here. No mention of Burnley performing very well vs Wolves and winning away at Arsenal, more credit given to conceding 2 (and losing) to Man City, and losing away at Chelsea.

bodge
Been Liked: 729 times
Has Liked: 475 times

Post by bodge » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:43 pm

And yet Fulham have 4 points less than us, it's simply amazing isn't it.
This user liked this post: dandeclaret

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:49 pm

Madness isn't it? There's no evidence whatsoever that Fulham are likely to overtake us.

warksclaret

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:22 pm

I desperately hope I am wrong about Fulham-however their performances since mid November are far higher than the team that played the first 8 games, when they were really poor, particularly in defence. I guess of course the test will come in the next few weeks when we play them

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:37 pm

They have improved, but they were really bad to start with. They have scored the same number of goals as us in those 8 games (while collecting fewer points) and we have threads talking about how hopeless we are up front.

IWOODLOVETT
Been Liked: 495 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:52 pm

Maybe they a just a happy band of brothers - content that there’s unlikely to be any new faces to arrive and rock the boat? 😉

bfcmik
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 1102 times

Post by bfcmik » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:27 pm

I thought the idea was to play the 90 minutes as hard as you can then shake hands (or bump fists) after the final whistle and move on. Nothing you can do about anything once the game has finished. These guys work in a profession that has relatively few workers and even fewer at the elite level they are currently playing at for the 5th consecutive season (6th out of the last 7) so they get to know each other.

I've played in games where the 2 teams kicked the **** out of each other for 90 minutes then both ended up in the same pub afterwards with no acrominity at all or ended up drinking together when they were out on the pull later that night. Wouldn't stop them giving 100% next time they played against the other.