The thing about Brady

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Re: The thing about Brady

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:51 pm

The thing about Brady is he's become a regular first choice right now because he's actually performing slightly better than an awful bunch of midfielders (except McNeil) and forwards AND he's miraculously staying fit (good). BUT and he's paid primarily to create (or even score) goals and for all his work at present which isn't going unnoticed, his crosses are garbage, he's creating nowt and he's flattering to deceive. Looks like a really good Championship player to me.
This user liked this post: Jakubclaret

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:53 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:44 pm
Didn’t impress today but generally has been playing well and making a difference.
The Everton goal came in handy & he’s been playing ok but because we are that used to him being injured & playing poorly it’s extraordinary noticeable the present form, compared to other PL players like for like it’s just bang average but the factors mentioned it gives off a extra dimension when it should be the norm not on special occasions.

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 296 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:56 pm

McNeil was by far our best player, and probably the best player, on the pitch after he came on. Looks sharper since he’s come back.

Brady has also been pretty good since he’s been back. Thought he was decent today. Tries to go forward and sometimes puts a good ball in. Problem is our strikers are so stationary and just don’t look like scoring at the moment. I think we might be better off playing Wood and Jay/Vydra with Barnes of the bench to get us going in the final third. Defensively I saw both Brady and McNeil having to play left back at times as Pieters had gone walk abouts.

Gudmundson hasn’t been great since he’s come back though, very little involvement.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:58 pm

I think Brady is doing okay this season, to be honest. I'd completely written him off at the start of the season because it seemed he could only manage half-hour cameos before getting injured and missing another 3 games. To his credit, he seems to have come through that period now following his nasty injury and put a nice run together.

Bottom line is we're an incredibly poor side when in possession, much of it due to the awkward way in which we set up. There's not a bit of movement up top so everything ends up back with Mee for the long ball. Very, very frustrating, but I do think Brady has been one of our better performers so far and has contributed.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2272 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:03 pm

I’ve never been a fan and was/am convinced he’s not good enough but he’s been one of our better players recently and better than I thought he was capable of.

I certainly won’t be calling for his head at the minute, frustrating on set pieces though

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:50 pm

tim_noone wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:33 pm
One of our Lesser Lights had a good game Lowton imo. Didnt do to much wrong today.
I’ve been loving Lowton recently & thought he was great today.

Not sure if he was out of position for the goal though, given Pieters came across to cover?
This user liked this post: tim_noone