Why are you a Burnley fan?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1980 times

Re: Why are you a Burnley fan?

Post by Vino blanco » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:25 pm

Born in Bank Hall. Mum and dad were both season ticket holders all their lives. My dad first took me on the Turf circa 1952. My son, daughters and grandchildren are all Burnley fans. My youngest daughter lives in Colchester with her Spurs supporting partner but their young son wears Burnley colours and has claret and blue toys, drinking cups etc.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

expoultryboy
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 474 times

Post by expoultryboy » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:43 pm

Born in Brierfield , lived in Reedley . Every football fan should support the nearest team to where they are born , through thick and thin ( being 61 I've certainly done that!! ) . I now live in Shrewsbury and most salopians support either Utd/Liverpool/Villa instead of the town . On the plus side , I had some good fun walking around with my Burnley face mask on last week .

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:00 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:58 am
My dad hated football.....but after a few heated words with my mam one saturday he put his and my coats on..we jumped on the 236 to Burnley..and needing to entertain me he took me on t'turf.
2-2 v Villa...early 60s.
I bet you were frozzen!! Did you remember your cardigan? :lol:

djemba-djemba
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 40 times

Post by djemba-djemba » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:03 pm

Wellsy1882 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:27 am
Cos im from burnley
Thats all it needs.. sick of these who live close by but support united or liverpool. They are the worst kind

Support your local team
Agreed.

Going off this thread though we’ve got more southerners following us than Man Utd have.

Turftalkers mentor
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by Turftalkers mentor » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:07 pm

Unlike most places you see very very few football shirts except Burnley shirts in our town , thats because what we are is a proper town with a proper football club . I know like everybody else "fans" who support Liverpool or Utd but never actually go to see them. Burnley fans stick with it through thick and thin . Best club in the country

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3803 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:23 pm

Born here, don't have a choice.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:14 pm

my school was about a stones throw from the turf, and I lived just a few hundred yards away from the turf.
I remember seeing loads of buses parked on matchdays on mitella street. they brought supporters from bacup and tod area I believe. I could hear the crowd every home game as a nipper, and see the glow of the floodlights in the night sky.
My dad worked on the turf as a copper for years and years, but he also became a fan, having moved down to burnley from dundee. he began taking me on with my pal and that was it. I haven't been as fanatical as some, haven't done much away travelling as many on here, but supporting burnley has become part of me and my life. so many memories and still enjoying the experiences of following them.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:30 pm

Like many I was born in the town, and had family that took me on the turf at a young age, call me old-fashioned but a true fan follows their club for life, through thick and thin, that's the up's and down's of being a football supporter, and having this emotional connection to the club and the town makes you appreciate our success even more, probably because certainly until the last decade or so it's been mainly thin during my period of supporting Burnley, and you can never take anything for granted in this game, yes we're having a great period in the club's history right now, but who knows what the future holds, in 5 years time we might be back in the lower leagues again, but to me it doesn't matter what level you play at if your team is in your blood, and I suspect this holds true for most Clarets.
These 3 users liked this post: bobinho Duffer_ JanetM

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:55 pm

Mellor
Latcham Waldron merrington angus
Thomas Coates Wilson bellamy
Kindon casper
Our team on 1970/1 a+bc football cards. We only got 11 men as Brian O'Neil was scheduled but then had. Southampton strip painted on top.
No idea where any of the 21 teams were but I liked some teams a lot more than others.
Huddersfield didnt get any players for some reason.
It was a few years later when I had any idea about regional geography or actually went to a city, but it was too late by then. No regrets.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4106 times
Has Liked: 6588 times

Post by bobinho » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:56 pm

Crazy innit tiger. I had you down as a Scot.

Just goes to show, one should never assume.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:04 pm

bobinho wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:56 pm
Crazy innit tiger. I had you down as a Scot.

Just goes to show, one should never assume.
No I was born in Burnley, plenty of Scottish family though, including my mother. Hence why we moved back north when I was younger, that and work reasons, but my sister and brother-in-law both live in the town, and he's been a ST holder for many years, as have a few other family members.

africlaret
Been Liked: 73 times
Has Liked: 169 times

Post by africlaret » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:09 pm

Had little option. My granddad, dad, younger brother all managed G.Collinge & Co. Even the black sheep of the family knows the best team to support

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:11 pm

Always like hearing stories of how people with no connection to the town become fans

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1181 times
Has Liked: 637 times

Post by Tribesmen » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:25 pm

Well try to keep this one as short as i can .
I'am Irish , but grew up in Burnley .
For some reason i love football .
Had my first season ticket when i as 7 .
Always loved the Clarets .
AND ALWAYS WILL ................................

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1770 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:31 pm

Born and bred in Nelson. My Dad took me to my first game in April 1975, 0-0 v Stoke City. We went to a couple more after that but he also took me to Bolton v Fulham as Best Moore and Marsh were playing but it did nothing for me. I longed for Turf Moor and that claret shirt with the blue V. Next Burnley game I remember was a 0 0 v Man City - we don't always concede 5 against City, even in a game where future Claret Dennis Tueart took 3 penalties.

I am glad my son has chosen to be a claret despite being born in Bedford and surrounded by Spurs, Arsenal and the other big name clubs fans at school.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2219 times
Has Liked: 2210 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:37 pm

A friend of mine had started going to Burnley games more regularly in the 80's, and I'd mentioned it to my dad, who wasn't a big football fan, but probably due to pressure from my mum for him to spend more time with me, he bought us tickets for the League Cup game against Luton in 1988! Despite the fact we lost, I loved it, and from then on I started to attend with the friend I mentioned, who also still supports the club.

Willy
Been Liked: 39 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Post by Willy » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:43 pm

I was born in Fleetwood in 1963.My Blackpool born father took me to Bloomfield Road as a 4 year old,dressed in full kit for a friendly v some team in Blue and White halves and my love affair for the beautiful game had started.
When I was 7 we moved to Bury and a few years later one of the teachers who was the daughter of the Bury chairman had a season ticket that she gave out to one of the pupils each week to use.
I think my first match was a Reserve match in the Central League but I was hooked and the week after was back at Gigg Lane as Bury beat Scunthorpe 3-1.
Every week,I would go back either to watch the first team in Division 4 or the reserves taking on all these big clubs in the Central League.
Around this time,I would occasionally be taken by a neighbour to Maine Road to watch Man City but Bury remained my team.
As I was approaching my teenage years,we moved to Bolton Road in Bury and started to catch the bus to Burden Park to watch their matches in Division 2 when Bury were playing away.
In 1978 we moved to Burnley and my first match at Turf Moor was a League Cup match against Bradford City where I misadvertently watched the match from the away end after being used to being able to move around all 4 sides of Gigg Lane all the time!
I went to a few matches on and off over the years but remained a Bury supporter until May 9th 1987 when I went to Turf Moor as a Bury fan and came off as a Claret.
Having been to Spotland a few weeks before and witnessing a crowd actually winning a football match for their very poor team,the emotion and electricity of the Orient game was something I'd never experienced before and I was hooked.

jtv
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Post by jtv » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:07 pm

Born in football mad Malta where everyone supports a foreign team. In my time support was split nearly 50/50 between English and Italian clubs. I supported England and Juventus because they had John Charles, an Argentinian firebrand called Sivori and an Italian great Gianpiero Boniperti.

When I started secondary school my classmates said that I couldn’t support England and an Italian team and I was not keen on supporting the Italian national team, so I started looking for an English team to adopt. My father used to buy me children’s magazines and one ran a series on English teams. I picked Burnley as I liked the claret and blue and I was fascinated by the story of a little town club putting the noses of more glamorous clubs out of joint. So Burnley it was, has been and will always be for me.

In the bad times of the 80s I was so starved of news that I used to get the Burnley Express posted out to Malta twice a week. The Friday edition always arrived Saturday lunchtime and I used to eagerly await the thud on the front door as the postman hurled it across the parapet!
These 2 users liked this post: Aclaret Claret

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1404 times

Post by Aclaret » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:15 pm

Some cracking tales of why and how you all became Clarets, wish I could say something as exciting. My dad dragged me on as a kid in the 60s, 1st recollection being Gordon Harris and going on the football buses from Bacup & Stacksteads, there was quite a few.....Thanks Dad.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

JanetM
Been Liked: 102 times
Has Liked: 178 times

Post by JanetM » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:19 pm

I was born in Colne and everyone I knew supported Burnley. It never occurred to me there was a choice! A few weeks ago I was talking with my dad (99 not out) about his early memories of watching. Burnley. He was telling me about games and players he saw pre and post war, some I'd never heard of, and when I checked them out later on Wiki he was spot on. He saw Tommy Lawton's hat-trick against Spurs and was at the FA cup match against Middlesbrough with the huge crowd. He also remembers where many of our players came from and went to. I can barely remember what I had for dinner.
These 4 users liked this post: tim_noone Wile E Coyote icu81b4 Claret

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 214 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by KlyBfc » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:35 pm

Like a number, it’s my dads fault. It was either Burnley or never watching any live football.

chorleyhere
Been Liked: 206 times
Has Liked: 257 times

Post by chorleyhere » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:57 pm

Born at Bank Hall, but used to joke it was the colliery !! Lived in Halifax Rd Nelson. Bus stop at Hill Place and over the tops to the Turf. My Dad wasn't interested in football , but the lads at school were. If I was lucky (in more trusting times 1964!) wearing my Clarets scarf I would sometimes get a lift to the Turf and then spend my bus money on sweets.
In later years,(1974-5) took my then girlfriend on to the match but we walked to the next nearest bus-stop, then the next and so on till we reached the Turf. Still rankles with my wife - 1/ no bus ride 2/ No proper toilets for ladies !! 3/ Had to stand up all the time 4/ Not impressed by the antiquated "bogs" at the back of the Long Side- Quote "Disgusting view and smelly ".
On the plus side, she has accompanied me each time to the Wembley play-offs and not seen us lose !! So is definitely a lucky charm.
These days she stays out of ear-shot when a match is on tv as she can't cope with my stress levels !!

My son and 2 grandsons are keen fans.

Vintage Claret
Been Liked: 935 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Vintage Claret » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:11 pm

We moved to Burnley early 70's when I was about 12/13.

Got my first season ticket 73/74 season and that was it, hooked for life!

Culmclaret
Been Liked: 473 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by Culmclaret » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:13 pm

Not born in Burnley myself, but deep Burnley roots. In 1915 the Burnley Express described my great great Grandfather as from an old Burnley family. His brother played for Burnley in the 1883/84 season. One of my ancestors was a blacksmith opposite St Peter’s (where they kept the top part of the town’s stocks!) and that family ran the original Sparrowhawk in the mid nineteenth century (it was demolished in the 1880s). My grandfather knew Jerry Dawson well and was related through marriage to his nephew. I guess it was inevitable that I would end up supporting the Clarets whom I saw live for the first time when I was 10.
These 2 users liked this post: Claret tiger76

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:22 pm

My dad used to always drag me along to the local bookies every Saturday and all I used to see was offers and adds to bet on the weekend Burnley match.

I guess after a bit the advertising hooked me and I found myself unable to control my desire to go on the footy and I have been addicted ever since

Burnleylad
Been Liked: 34 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by Burnleylad » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:35 pm

Was always into football, but was quite intimidated to go to Turf moor (Asian lad from Dukebar and at that time tensions were high).

Few years down the line went to watch Burnley v Spurs.

Amazing experience. Loved it.

Saw the difference between a football fans (Armchair know it alls) and a supporter (there through thick and thin.

Had a season ticket ever since.

I wasn't there for the non glory days, but for me it wasn't worth the risk (my mindset at that time).
If i could turn back time I would have come earlier in my life, seeing how it was me thinking it would be much worse than it is.
These 5 users liked this post: Aclaret Claret tiger76 jtv JanetM

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11050 times
Has Liked: 5658 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:42 pm

Burnley ? I thought this was a Scunthorpe fan forum
This user liked this post: Burnleylad

Claret
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 655 times

Post by Claret » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:43 pm

Being a Rossendale lad and therefore a bit insular, I didn’t even know Burnley existed until I was sent to St Teds. The lads there soon introduced me to the Turf.

Claret
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 655 times

Post by Claret » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:45 pm

Culmclaret wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:13 pm
Not born in Burnley myself, but deep Burnley roots. In 1915 the Burnley Express described my great great Grandfather as from an old Burnley family. His brother played for Burnley in the 1883/84 season. One of my ancestors was a blacksmith opposite St Peter’s (where they kept the top part of the town’s stocks!) and that family ran the original Sparrowhawk in the mid nineteenth century (it was demolished in the 1880s). My grandfather knew Jerry Dawson well and was related through marriage to his nephew. I guess it was inevitable that I would end up supporting the Clarets whom I saw live for the first time when I was 10.
That’s some pedigree!

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1404 times

Post by Aclaret » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:57 pm

Claret wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:43 pm
Being a Rossendale lad and therefore a bit insular, I didn’t even know Burnley existed until I was sent to St Teds. The lads there soon introduced me to the Turf.
Rossendale ? Insular ? No way, we have our own culture in Rossendale, might not have looked like it as kids though 😁

ChrisG
Been Liked: 332 times
Has Liked: 345 times

Post by ChrisG » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:41 pm

Wellsy1882 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:27 am
Cos im from burnley
Thats all it needs.. sick of these who live close by but support united or liverpool. They are the worst kind

Support your local team
That doesn't work though if you've actually left the area your from. My lad was born at St Mary's hospital, Manchester, and we live in Altrincham. Like buggery will he be supporting United.
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

Dixie Normous
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Dixie Normous » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:47 pm

Ightenhill primary then ivy bank , I can’t remember anyone supporting another team , everyone of the lads and lasses were clarets

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Post by dougcollins » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:50 pm

From Keighley, no family history of football. Played a game in the local park and we were taught a lesson by a kid in a claret and blue shirt. I asked what club his shirt represented and he said 'Burnley' - and that was that.

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 781 times
Has Liked: 1435 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:02 pm

Moved here from NI in 1987, my dad told me there was an important game that we should go and watch.
This user liked this post: Claret

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2005 times
Has Liked: 3346 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:05 pm

My dad started taking me and my brother on in the early 60's when he had a season ticket in the old Brunshaw Road seats, bought as a glory hunter on the back of the 1960 Championship win! We were too young to really appreciate it any of it really and by the end of the 60's my dad (the lightweight!), having been to Wembley in 62, fell out with going as Burnley weren't pulling up any trees and were heading for division 2. Luckily by the promotion season in 72/73 lads from my school were travelling over from Rossy and I was able to persuade my mum to allow me to join them and started going "properly". It was a weird and more than a little dangerous time to be a teenager going to matches as hooliganism was rife and proper segregation of opposing fans was a few years away so every other week was a long hard slog getting my mum to let me go and we spent more time watching the crowd than the game sometimes!!

Cirrus_Minor
Been Liked: 1161 times
Has Liked: 1298 times

Post by Cirrus_Minor » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:06 pm

Like many on here my dad was a claret but he lapsed attending from early 60s, probably due to the selling of Jimmy Mac. I started going on with my mates at a really young age (you could then) and have been ever since.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 605 times

Post by Gordaleman » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:10 pm

Born in Bank Hall and lived at Duke Bar until I was 18. Dad first took me on and he died when I was four, so I must have been very young when I started going. After that, a neighbour took me on until I was old enough to go alone.

Always used to walk home or later in life I'd later catch a 'Match Special' bus. A guy used to come along the back streets about 7pm selling 'Sports Pink' with all the other results and league tables on the front page. Waited for him every Saturday. Happy days in the old First Division playing the likes of Spurs and Manure every season.

I really miss going on'turf but I wonder how many will return when Covid is over? 69 years a Claret.

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:11 pm

In the family DNA. My Dad and 3 uncles talked of very little else from Friday tea to kick off. I would sit there enthralled. It was late 50s-early 60s so they had a side worth talking about. Finally got taken on in March ‘62 when I was 8.

Wellsy1882
Been Liked: 247 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by Wellsy1882 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:05 pm

Dixie Normous wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:47 pm
Ightenhill primary then ivy bank , I can’t remember anyone supporting another team , everyone of the lads and lasses were clarets
Snap
Same schools too

Claretmisterg
Been Liked: 309 times
Has Liked: 324 times

Post by Claretmisterg » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:11 pm

Watching the 1962 cup final on tv with my Dad. Couldn’t get over the fact that it was Burnley where we went shopping on the train (lived in Nelson at the time). I was hooked then but it was 4 years before I saw my first live match thanks to my Mums brother.
Last edited by Claretmisterg on Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:12 pm

My Grandma, who was born in 1901.

Although it was my Father who took me on my first match.

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 436 times
Has Liked: 370 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:15 pm

Primary school and no family members supported or watched Burnley. One of my mother's work colleagues started taking me on the reserve matches with his son/my oldest friend in the Bob Lord, remember I would get a money bag with 5 £1 coins for entrance/pie and I think they handed out team sheets at the turnstiles?

Said gentleman is one the soundest guys around, introduced us to cricket and coached our football team. He managed to get us tickets for the play off in '94 with Colne Clarets. I remember at primary school our female teacher had the whole class making Burnley rossests for the final. Then met Beeky/Pete B who took me under their wing and I travelled all over the country watching the Clarets.

I drive past Turf Moor every day, something about that place gets into you and doesn't leave. My son is 2 1/2yrs old, as we drive past he shouts "Come on you Clarets... Goaall... Come on Burnley" Poor kid 😁

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:46 pm

It'd be rude not to.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5080 times
Has Liked: 6886 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:53 pm

Dad (RIP) took me on my first game towards end of sixties in those days everything seemed dull, millstone grit houses,smoke everywhere,black and white televisions,diesel fumes from cars. However that Saturday when he said come on I'll take you on the Turf I thought yes I've been waiting for this. Getting on the bus I saw colour,proper colour for the first time vivid bright shining Claret and Blue, getting towards the Turf the crowds, the noise the life the buzz and then going through the turnstiles and going on the Bee Hole gazing at the colours,the crowd,the green green pitch the Longside roof and the haze of smoke mingled with the noise coming from it I just held my dads hand it was the pictures, tele, church, playing football on the backstreet,the Christmas party at school climbing trees in Scott Park everything interesting different and exciting merged into one, life in colour. I fell in love with Burnley FC that day and it's still there. My dad was hard and I never told him just how much I loved him for being him and introducing me to Burnley and with him dieing suddenly I never got the chance at the end but he knew. His children grand children and great grandchildren are Clarets, the great grandchildren will know the story.
If my great grandchildren become Clarets it will be job done.
UTC.

ynot
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by ynot » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:19 pm

I grew up in Rossendale and I want allowed to go on the turf because of hooliganism. My best friend at school lived in Rochdale and was a big Man City fan. I used to catch the bus to his on a Saturday abs go to Maine Road without my parents knowing so I was a City fan

I then moved to Burnley in '84, I'd been on a few Burnley games, by then, but I was stood on the pitch during the pitch invasion after the orient game and I thought to myself "I live in Burnley now, this is my own town team and I should be supporting them" and I have done every since. I took my son on his first game when he was 2, he's now 30 and a season ticket holder
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1184 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:31 pm

It just happened naturally sometimes you can account for things without any logical explanations.

icu81b4
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by icu81b4 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:41 pm

icu81b4 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:34 am
Bank Hall for me too, and living a stones throw away from the ground I was taken on as soon as I could stand up, accompanied by my Dad, Uncle and big brother.
After the match we’d go to my Grandma’s house on Godly St to meet up with Mum and Auntie and eat black pudding whilst eyes were transfixed on the teleprinter darting across the telly (Redifusion black and white with a switch on the wall to swap channels).

We moved away from Burnley when I was eight, but by then it was in my blood.

UTC
And whilst my Dad and brother passed far too young in 1988, my Uncle referenced above is tonight in hospital in end of life care, a life long Claret.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:47 pm

for those born in Bank Hall, were we technically born in Thompson Park?

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:54 pm

icu81b4 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:41 pm
And whilst my Dad and brother passed far too young in 1988, my Uncle referenced above is tonight in hospital in end of life care, a life long Claret.
Sorry to hear that my condolences to you and your family, I know how tough such situations can be at the best of times, as I've had several family bereavements in recent years, but it must be even tougher during the current restrictions, are you even allowed to visit him?.

It's events like this that put football into perspective, of course we're all ardent Clarets, but there is more important things in life, as your post perfectly illustrates.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5080 times
Has Liked: 6886 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:03 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:47 pm
for those born in Bank Hall, were we technically born in Thompson Park?
Only if conceived there 👍