Brazil Final

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claretyke
Been Liked: 5 times

Brazil Final

Post by claretyke » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:13 pm

Just watching Brasil Final on bbc i player, not much football tbo but what is plain is the referee,the players are throwing themselves down and rolling around at every time they are tackled, but the referee just allows play to continue and low and behold the players are up on their feet playing on.If any of our refs were involved in this game it would be a complete farce as they would fall for every scam,and the game would develop into a farce.

beddie
Been Liked: 1406 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Re: Brazil Final

Post by beddie » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:53 am

Far too much of it, we have several members of the cheat club in the PL. Until the authorities clampdown on it they'll continue to do it.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Hipper » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:05 am

I watched the first half of this but that was enough.

With the attitude of those players who would want to referee such a game. There was one really wild tackle, probably worthy of a red card. As the referee attempted to approach the scene of the crime he was blocked by the perpetrators colleagues. It was outrageous behaviour and I was impressed how the ref kept his cool.

The whole theme of this match seemed to be running around at extreme pace, jumping into any challenge full blooded regardless of opponent or ball, playing dead or dying in agony, and then when mostly the ref took no notice of these shenanigans, just getting on with 'the game'. It reminded me of a fixed wrestling match for 22 people: it seemed to be choreographed and without a great deal of malice between the players generally.

Is this a typical South American football match or was it just because it was two local rivals?

Targetman
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:24 am

I too had watched enough by half time and switched the tv over. The play acting by supposedly injured players was unbelievable and the ref had a difficult job controlling them.

Certainly in the 1st half that I watched neither team showed much in the way of skills, I remember thinking at the time that both teams would struggle in the Premier League. Yet this was the South American final, arguably the 2 best teams in that continent.