Can't be bothered anymore

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2195 times
Has Liked: 2177 times

Re: Can't be bothered anymore

Post by fidelcastro » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:11 am

tarkys_ears wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:04 am
One thing a Burnley fan knows all about is losing.

One thing we DON'T know about is p1ssing games away, being afraid of the opposition, basically giving up like a cuckold because the other team are "better than we". This has never been done before Dyche. In my views it's a capital offence and he should be shot for it.

We used to have a shite squad and almost got relegated under Stevie in the mid 00's yet if we had City in a cup game back then, I'd have had nothing but belief in the team. Now it's all shite.

Dyche can go. This is the last straw.
Who would you replace him with?

This could be fun...

:twisted:

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:14 am

fidelcastro wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:11 am
Who would you replace him with?

This could be fun...

:twisted:
Pochettino.

You?

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:16 am

Oooo we've gone from making claims about the previous owners lining their pockets to Dyche and his bonus for staying in the PL.

Got to love the drama queenary on here sometimes.
These 4 users liked this post: Taffy on the wing evensteadiereddie Burt jjclaret

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:17 am

tarkys_ears wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:14 am
Pochettino.

You?
What's a serious suggestion now...
This user liked this post: Leisure

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:17 am

tarkys_ears wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:14 am
Pochettino.

You?
:lol:

Yeah, he'd come in a heartbeat!

Me, I'm content for the current incumbent to continue for the foreseeable. He's actually done more for this club than I could have ever dreamed of.
These 5 users liked this post: Taffy on the wing DAVETHEVICAR SussexDon1inIreland Stalbansclaret tiger76

lrac
Been Liked: 106 times
Has Liked: 283 times

Post by lrac » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:03 am

Just my humble thinking.we played as we didn't care

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:21 am

KRBFC wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:34 pm
I'm in the same boat, have been for a while, I'm just sick of watching this predictable boring group of players. It feels like I've been watching the same team, same tactics, same rubbish in the Cups on repeat my whole life. These group of players have done great things for the club and give their all but i'd love a big shake up.
Get thee to Ewood Park & see the horse botherers. :lol:
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Row Z
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Row Z » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:20 am

BurnleyFC wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:52 pm
We didn’t win the league cup under Owen Coyle and suffered the ultimate, unjust heartbreak at the end.

It was still ******* brilliant while it lasted, though.
This is it... cup games are a free hit to play some football, be expansive, flex the framework, show the doubters we can play aswell as grind out the points but Dyche doesn't seem to have it in the locker. Other than the strong championship promotion winning season I don't think I've been 'entertained' by a Dyche Burnley side.

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:33 am

While I, like all fans; want us to do well across the league and cup games. I've come to view cup games with a degree of apathy.
There was an excitement playing the 'big boys' when we were lower league and I include that Coyle cup run in that. It just isn't that important to me anymore now we're at the top table.
People go on about the excitement of getting to the final and losing. Who remembers the losers? I can't even remember last seasons losers. Seriously I can't.
The PL is our bread and butter and playing a weakened side is the best way of maintaining as best we can a PL fit squad. I'd rather we were in the PL than losing in the Semis or final.
There's always next year in the cup. If we were to be relegated because we depleted our PL squad for cup games. There's no guarantee if/when we'd ever get back.
One thing it does show though is our lack of strength in depth.
These 3 users liked this post: Row Z SussexDon1inIreland jjclaret

djemba-djemba
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 40 times

Post by djemba-djemba » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:09 am

Do you think Dyche’s dickishness in the cups has any impact on potential signings? (Well, those very few occasions when a club don’t laugh at our pathetic offers and we actually get to discussions with a player?)

You often get players wanting to move to a bigger club for reasons like ‘Champions League football’ which is fair enough.

Here the best they can hope for ambition wise is ‘I’ve always wanted a crack at the Premier League’ and that’s pretty much it. They know they aren’t reaching a quarter final in either of the cups, and if by some miracle we made it to Europe again then even that wasn’t taken seriously.

If I was an attacking or creative midfield type player in the Championship I’d seriously think twice about signing for Burnley. The only tempting thing would be the money.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:31 am

People talk as if actually having a go in the cups would increase our chances of relegation ten fold. I just don’t see it.

As for “nobody remembers the losers, I’m not bothered if any opposition fans remember this is about creating some excitement and memories for our own fans.

People talk with glassy eyes about the Spurs games, we lost out but it’s one of my greatest memories as a claret. We don’t even try under Dyche.
This user liked this post: tiger76

nyclaret
Been Liked: 335 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by nyclaret » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:37 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:31 am
People talk as if actually having a go in the cups would increase our chances of relegation ten fold. I just don’t see it.

As for “nobody remembers the losers, I’m not bothered if any opposition fans remember this is about creating some excitement and memories for our own fans.

People talk with glassy eyes about the Spurs games, we lost out but it’s one of my greatest memories as a claret. We don’t even try under Dyche.
I’ve never understood this idea that if a club like ours goes on a cup run to the semifinals/final, it automatically results in relegation.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1344 times
Has Liked: 438 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:46 am

These cup games generally highlight just how poor our squad is beyond our first 13-14 players.

We've been in the Premier League for nearly 5 years now, but we look like a side that's been run on the cheap.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:52 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:

How many clubs involved in a relegation fight, who have got to a cup final have survived in the league? And who was the last to do it.... I seem to think not many, but my memory might be off

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:52 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:

Go on a cup road = relegation
Complain about it = go and support rovers

Rolls off the tongue for some

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:53 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:45 pm
Vydra and Jay Rod came off at exactly the same time, after both doing naff all. Your hard-on for Vydra is peculiar to say the least.
Its "Vyds" not Vydra

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:56 am

nyclaret wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:37 am
I’ve never understood this idea that if a club like ours goes on a cup run to the semifinals/final, it automatically results in relegation.
Cup runs = relegation
Spending money = relegation
Better football to watch = relegation

We dont want to be the next Bolton or Wigan do we... the aforementioned things often mean we could soon be the next.

But at least now we are out, it means we win at C Palace now and cant be relegated, so every cloud and all that.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12362 times

Post by Leisure » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:03 am

tim_noone wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:56 pm
That Game wasnt about getting beat ....it was how we were beat and our performance. You've been watching Burnley long enough to know Better.
Fully agree that the team performance was very poor but your reply doesn't really answer my question.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:12 am

lrac wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:03 am
Just my humble thinking.we played as we didn't care
Interested to know how you came to that conclusion? Serious question, not challenging your opinion.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:16 am

Grumps wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:52 am
How many clubs involved in a relegation fight, who have got to a cup final have survived in the league? And who was the last to do it.... I seem to think not many, but my memory might be off
I suspect that’s more to do with those sides being not very good as opposed to the cup run being absolutely detrimental to their chances.

I notice that Watford got to the final and Brighton got to the semis in 2019 and neither were instantly relegated.

A flip argument would be, how many sides have used the momentum of a cup run to get them going in the league.

I find the whole idea that premier league survival and a cup run are mutually exclusive a total nonsense.

SussexDon1inIreland
Been Liked: 1277 times
Has Liked: 8528 times

Post by SussexDon1inIreland » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:22 am

We should direct our anger and disappointment towards the players not SD
We have a lot of injuries to key players and several important back to back games coming up
Yet it was last nights players who didn’t seem up for it.

Once the whistle blows its the players that perform or in the case of last night didn’t perform.

UTC
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:22 am

djemba-djemba wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:09 am
Do you think Dyche’s dickishness in the cups has any impact on potential signings? (Well, those very few occasions when a club don’t laugh at our pathetic offers and we actually get to discussions with a player?)
Definitely not cup runs whether someone signs for us. This is the list of priorities for anyone signing for us:

Cash
Likelihood of regular game time
Area etc

The first one is the initial problem, we pay less than most in the premier league. If you get past that hurdle and you are of a similar standard to what we already have what likelihood of regular game time do you have? Tarky was here a good while as an example before he became a starter and undroppable. Others have tried and failed, Kevin Long, Vydra, before that the likes of Sordell and Juke etc.

We are a victim of our own success when it comes to improvements to the team. The team has over performed in the league for a few years with gradual tweaks and reliance on a core nucleus of players. Players of better quality than we already have cost too much in wages and if they don’t only a very limited number want to come and sit on the bench for the first year of a 3 year deal. The regular game time is an issue and more of one when you do get a cup game and are hung out to dry with other irregular players (ala yesterday).

Players looking to come here under Dyche will know all this. It’s not like joining a car crash club which will overpay you and throw you straight in because you have Allardyce or someone like that in charge and he will be gone soon to be replaced by someone else... Being on the Burnley bench is not great for someone’s career. At least you have an immediate chance of first team football elsewhere. You can see this with how poor we are with loan players too.

TBH I don’t think the alternative ways are good for us but last night was very poor, giving the young lads no experienced onfield partnerships in a 5th round home tie. No point playing a stronger defence, midfield and left side in round 4 away to a prem team than in the 5th round at home to a lower league team irrespective of what games are coming up.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:25 am

Leisure wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:19 pm
Just out of interest, why is it that every time we get beat with a lower league team the players get accused of not trying? On what basis/measure do people judge that the players weren't trying?
The message from Dyche by making so many changes and playing the likes of Jimmy Dunne is that he couldn't care less. I don't think it was lack of effort from the players really, just that Bournemouth had better players on the pitch.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:26 am

We had people telling us last round when the team was announced that it was all down to new owners and Dyche had been told who to pick.

Weird how those dickish comments have been replaced in the very next round with he doesn't care.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:29 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:26 am
We had people telling us last round when the team was announced that it was all down to new owners and Dyche had been told who to pick.

Weird how those dickish comments have been replaced in the very next round with he doesn't care.
Not surprising, people just move the goalposts to suit their agendas.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 853 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:45 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:45 pm
Vydra and Jay Rod came off at exactly the same time, after both doing naff all. Your hard-on for Vydra is peculiar to say the least.
Yes, that point has already been made. I was so bored, I missed it.

What should have happened is Vydra should have stayed on with Barny, with whom he played so well on Saturday.

As for your personal insult. That's just the sort of thing that ruins these boards.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:55 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:25 am
The message from Dyche by making so many changes and playing the likes of Jimmy Dunne is that he couldn't care less. I don't think it was lack of effort from the players really, just that Bournemouth had better players on the pitch.
But he made a similar number of changes for the Fulham game but because we won nobody complained after the game. Jimmy Dunne started the season in the 1st team.
Glennon was in due to the Pieters cock up. Sometimes you just have to accept that the better team won and not that the players weren't trying (which not you, but others were alleging).

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6894 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:03 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:45 am
Yes, that point has already been made. I was so bored, I missed it.

What should have happened is Vydra should have stayed on with Barny, with whom he played so well on Saturday.

As for your personal insult. That's just the sort of thing that ruins these boards.
Where’s my personal insult? You just seem to have a big crush on Vydra. To the point where even when he’s starting games and getting the chance that you’ve been yearning for, you’re making up imaginary scenarios to try and make him out as being hard-done-to by the manager.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:08 am

Leisure wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:55 am
But he made a similar number of changes for the Fulham game but because we won nobody complained after the game. Jimmy Dunne started the season in the 1st team.
Glennon was in due to the Pieters cock up. Sometimes you just have to accept that the better team won and not that the players weren't trying (which not you, but others were alleging).
It was similar to some degree in that some of the same players played, as you’d expect. But we started 3 more ‘senior’ players against Fulham. That’s practically a third of the outfield players. The Fulham lineup was much, much stronger, and as a result the performance was far better.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:20 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:03 am
Where’s my personal insult? You just seem to have a big crush on Vydra. To the point where even when he’s starting games and getting the chance that you’ve been yearning for, you’re making up imaginary scenarios to try and make him out as being hard-done-to by the manager.
Try reading what you originaly wrote. It certainly wasn't 'Crush'.

These boards are about opinions and if mine is different to yours, it doeasn'r mean it's wrong. On Saturday, we played the most attractive football of the season with Vydra and Barny up front. Last night, we had the chance to try it again, but instead of leaving Vydra on with Barny, Sean choose to take both strikers off. He also took off a winger for a FB. That's not someone who is trying to win a game.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:26 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:20 am
Try reading what you originaly wrote. It certainly wasn't 'Crush'.

These boards are about opinions and if mine is different to yours, it doeasn'r mean it's wrong. On Saturday, we played the most attractive football of the season with Vydra and Barny up front. Last night, we had the chance to try it again, but instead of leaving Vydra on with Barny, Sean choose to take both strikers off. He also took off a winger for a FB. That's not someone who is trying to win a game.
It certainly wasn't a personal insult either.

Your opinion was wrong, because in your opinion Dyche shouldn't have taken off Vydra before Rodriguez - which he didn't.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:32 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:26 am
It certainly wasn't a personal insult either.

Your opinion was wrong, because in your opinion Dyche shouldn't have taken off Vydra before Rodriguez - which he didn't.
Backtracking now eh? Going back to something I had already acknowledged, BEFORE your post.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:45 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:32 am
Backtracking now eh? Going back to something I had already acknowledged, BEFORE your post.
No, I pointed out that you were wrong to say that Vydra was subbed before Rodriguez, which you definitely hadn't acknowledged until your response to me.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:53 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:45 am
No, I pointed out that you were wrong to say that Vydra was subbed before Rodriguez, which you definitely hadn't acknowledged until your response to me.
Try reading the thread again. Untinted glasses pointed out my error about Vyds and JayRod, and I responded to him BEFORE your post.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:56 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:53 am
Try reading the thread again. Untinted glasses pointed out my error about Vyds and JayRod, and I responded to him BEFORE your post.

You put 'You've got me wondering now. I know Lowts came on for Gudders. I guess I was like you, not really watching, it was such dross.'

That's not acknowledging that Vydra came off before Rodriguez.

I'm not carrying on with this pointless discussion with someone who's unwilling to just hold their hand up and say they were wrong. See ya later.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:03 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:56 am

You put 'You've got me wondering now. I know Lowts came on for Gudders. I guess I was like you, not really watching, it was such dross.'

That's not acknowledging that Vydra came off before Rodriguez.

I'm not carrying on with this pointless discussion with someone who's unwilling to just hold their hand up and say they were wrong. See ya later.
Have it your way. I thought it was quite clearly acknowledging that I may have been wrong, which turned out to be the case. All before you got involved.

All I know is that it was a game to forget as soon as possible.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:45 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:08 am
It was similar to some degree in that some of the same players played, as you’d expect. But we started 3 more ‘senior’ players against Fulham. That’s practically a third of the outfield players. The Fulham lineup was much, much stronger, and as a result the performance was far better.
That is the point I made last night. Selecting Dunne next to Long is not something Dyche normally does in Cup games , Tarkowski normally plays alongside for leadership. The argument used that Dunne started the season in the first team in the post that prompted the above reply holds no water.
Cork wasn’t available from the Fulham game and again a manager wanting to progress into the next round would have played Westwood next to Stephens for the extra drive and experience. If Dyche didn’t want Westwood injured there was no reason to put him on later in the game.
The Pieters situation was a much harder call for Dyche but again Glennon could have been helped with a Tarkowski or Mee in the back four.

It was tough on the fans to stomach last night’s team selection and let’s hope the rationale used by Dyche pays off over the next few games

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:15 pm

I'm hugely missing going on t'turf, it's my escapism, and at a time when we are stuck in the same 4 walls (for a lot of us) I can't wait to get back.

Truth is, it isn't the same watching it on TV. My lad simply isn't bothered for football on tv but would have a go at me if for some reason we had to miss a game (when we were going on). I go with my own views, or those around me, not like likes of Steve McManaman or Robbie Savage and enjoy the afternoon as an occasion, not just a game.

As for the lack of squad, it's a worry, but it's not the first time we've been through that. Granted last time there was no money, whereas this time the money seems to disappear. We aren't signing players despite desperately needing them, and the naivety of the board transfer window after transfer window is worrying. We it restarted last year there was a big deal made of Dyche needing and wanting players... 2 windows later and we have Dale bloody Stephens. Nothing to better the style, or improve the game. So I get why people could and are starting to just get fed up with it during a time that seems to be full of 'things are going to get better soon' although nothing changing.

jjclaret
Been Liked: 117 times
Has Liked: 441 times

Post by jjclaret » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:53 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:45 pm
That is the point I made last night. Selecting Dunne next to Long is not something Dyche normally does in Cup games , Tarkowski normally plays alongside for leadership. The argument used that Dunne started the season in the first team in the post that prompted the above reply holds no water.
Cork wasn’t available from the Fulham game and again a manager wanting to progress into the next round would have played Westwood next to Stephens for the extra drive and experience. If Dyche didn’t want Westwood injured there was no reason to put him on later in the game.
The Pieters situation was a much harder call for Dyche but again Glennon could have been helped with a Tarkowski or Mee in the back four.

It was tough on the fans to stomach last night’s team selection and let’s hope the rationale used by Dyche pays off over the next few games
Elizabeth, why was the "Pieters situation" "a much harder call for Dyche"?

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:53 pm

Leisure wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:55 am
They were very Trying...
This user liked this post: Leisure

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:27 pm

jjclaret wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:53 pm
I don’t want to Dyche bash too much hence the way I have put it , jj.

Dyche had the situation of Pieters thrust upon him at the last minute. Why a top class manager as professional and savvy as Dyche needed others to tell him I don’t know.
I saw it as without Taylor Dyche had a choice of Glennon or playing a more experienced player in that position , who hadn’t played there for a while. There were probably a couple of permutations he could have chosen.Changing the formation I have discounted again due to Dyche’s beliefs and the lateness of the situation .
As I’m one who treated his declaration that he wanted to go forwards towards the FA Cup Final as poppycock , I will obviously think he went for Glennon , beside Dunne and Long and behind Benson , because he wasn’t committed to winning the game . Useful progression in Glennon’s development but not clearly what a lot of the fans wanted.

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1162 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by burnleymik » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:30 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:08 am
I know it's speculation, but maybe Dyche thought we were going to bring in some new faces before the Fulham match (it was in January) and as such wasn;t as worried about injuries?

Now he knows he has no new blood and just didn't want to take that risk?

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:47 pm

Calling Barnes "Barny" is cringeworthy in the extreme.

:oops:

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1780 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:36 pm

jjclaret wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:53 pm
In so much he didn't have any idea what was happening?

claret2018
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:33 am

Targetman wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:19 pm
I think you have had a downer with football for quite some time now from reading some of your previous posts.

I remember you saying that the season was going to be suspended a few weeks ago, didn't you say that it wasn't right for footballers to carry on playing?

Give yourself a rest from it mate before it wears you down completely.
I did think that it was inevitable that the league would be suspended (obviously incorrectly), but I'm not sure what that's got to do with being bored of football.

I think my problem is I'm bored of watching us trying to compete in the PL. The absolute best we can hope for is to tread water. I'll still keep an eye on the results, but I can't see me going on the Turf again. It's a much more enjoyable experience going to watch Clitheroe.

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:54 am

claret2018 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:33 am
I did think that it was inevitable that the league would be suspended (obviously incorrectly), but I'm not sure what that's got to do with being bored of football.

I think my problem is I'm bored of watching us trying to compete in the PL. The absolute best we can hope for is to tread water. I'll still keep an eye on the results, but I can't see me going on the Turf again. It's a much more enjoyable experience going to watch Clitheroe.

Fair enough.