But I'd rather...

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
houseboy
Been Liked: 2242 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Re: But I'd rather...

Post by houseboy » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:11 pm

Winstonswhite wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:50 pm
The thing I don't agree with is that "resting players" means we have a better chance of winning the next game.

I did a count up of Dyches 6 seasons and we have only won 5 games (out of 22) immediately after a cup performance where we have usually rested the first team - that's relegation form!

And if anyone thinks it means now we're going to win away at Palace, id think again. Out of the 9 where we've travelled after a cup match, we've won once, at Warnocks Cardiff in 2019 who I wouldn't even count as a Premier League side
Good post. Think this says it all. And even if we did win games after cup matches I would still disagree with what he does.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1926 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:16 pm

houseboy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:55 am
Vydra Bardsley Jayrod cannot expected to lift a team like that. The whole side was out of kilter. The blame does lie with players not taking their chance yes, but the blame lies squarely with Dyche for the changes. I wish people would stop making excuses for a guy who patently has no interest in a cup run for his own ends. He is a good manager and I like him for that but his contempt for cups and therefore the fans is absolutely disgraceful.
“His contempt for fans is absolutely disgraceful.”

What nonsense. What makes you think you have the right to speak for all Burnley fans?

houseboy
Been Liked: 2242 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:23 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:07 pm
With his contempt for cups (ignoring who has actually knocked us out of the FA Cup during his time here and just lazily trotting out the contempt guff) can you explain why he would play a stronger team in the previous round and win it rather than just lose that one and be done with it.

Also cast your mind back to MIllwall (also a championship side) in the cup this season, Thomas & Dunne at centre half (not even Long), Brownhill n Benson in the middle and Pieters as a winger and the comments were all positive about giving the young ones a chance. Glennon even came on near the end and some wanted to see more of him due to doing well when coming on.

If we win it is a good night if we lose it is contempt ?
That team would have seriously struggled against Stanley at the moment. Either way it is still wrong in my opinion to field weakened sides in cups, for whatever reason.