Piers Morgan

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Re: Piers Morgan

Post by Firthy » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:18 am

superdimitri wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:19 am
Not to mention she could have pulled out at any moment. There's no way she didn't have any idea of what her life would be like beforehand. I'm no detective and the Mrs isn't either but you can tell so damn easily what's going on here. The lies are obvious and exuberant. When she's got what she wants out of him and is bored he'll be running back with his tail between his legs.

Someone said that it's terrible for Morgan to make these comments when she's openly talked about suffering mentally. But I personally feel she's doing worse and faking that she was suffering for the camera. She's playing every card she has because she knows nowadays you just can't oppose it.

She only wants publicity and to be famous. She's just one of those people.
She's a self centered, attention seeker. She even announced her pregnancy on the day of Eugenie's wedding to try and get the spotlight. She spat her dummy out because Archie wasn't being made a Prince and is trying to get back at the Royal Family.

All she's managed to do is drag Harry into the gutter with her. All pretty amazing for a couple who hate the press and are now using them to get back at the Royals.

I'm even disappointed in Oprah for going along with this charade but not surprised when you have people who put media attention before anything else.
These 4 users liked this post: Jakubclaret Boss Hogg JPS71 bfcjg

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1040 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by MrTopTier » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:21 am

Thought this was a topic about Piers Morgan. :roll:

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:22 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:56 am
Jakub, Damo AND Ringo?

Truly ambassador, you are really spoiling us.
Its "truly ambassadorial" in the context you're attempting to use it

I'm actually correcting you.

Anyway keep playing the men not the ball eh!?
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:23 am

Firthy wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:18 am
She's a self centered, attention seeker. She even announced her pregnancy on the day of Eugenie's wedding to try and get the spotlight. She spat her dummy out because Archie wasn't being made a Prince and is trying to get back at the Royal Family.

All she's managed to do is drag Harry into the gutter with her. All pretty amazing for a couple who hate the press and are now using them to get back at the Royals.

I'm even disappointed in Oprah for going along with this charade but not surprised when you have people who put media attention before anything else.
“All she’s managed to do is drag Harry into the gutter”- in all fairness he’s not done a bad job of that himself, agree with the rest & the general sentiment.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:47 am

Firthy wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:18 am

I don’t know much about her but a quick search puts the Wedding on 12th October with the announcement on the 15th October?

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10236 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:53 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:22 am

That'll be a massive "whoosh" then....oh dear.

Fretters
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 548 times

Post by Fretters » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:44 am

warksclaret wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:36 pm
Wish people would not "sit on the fence". He's also a Gunner
Arsenal fans hate him more than they hate Arsenal.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3077 times
Has Liked: 5042 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:50 am

I won't comment on that, because I cannot prove you right or wrong, although I can understand people taking that point of view.
I worry that this marriage might be temporary. For the film star it's another notch on the bed post, for Harry it could be devastating. In the same way Andrew was never really the same after the break up with Fergie. I hope I'm wrong, and they enjoy a long and happy marriage, but the warning signs are there already. Back me and risk losing the family, or back the family and lose me. Yet another reason why giving this interview was a massive mistake.

aggi
Been Liked: 2113 times

Post by aggi » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:52 am

Jeez, Piers Morgan really did take Meghan Markle not wanting to go for another drink with him badly.

aggi
Been Liked: 2113 times

Post by aggi » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:53 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:47 am
I don’t know much about her but a quick search puts the Wedding on 12th October with the announcement on the 15th October?
Look BC, this isn't the type of thread where facts should be involved.

Firthy

Post by Firthy » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:03 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:47 am
She announced it publicly on the 15th but actually announced to the Royals on the12th, the day of the wedding. Eugenies was upset because of this. Plenty of articles out there confirming this.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:10 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:04 am
Does the very fact that Harry thought that these words were appropriate not go some way to underline his point?

And I don’t really understand how something he said 15 years ago has any bearing on something that happened a few years ago. Or are you inferring that because Harry once used racist remarks that he’s now not permitted to highlight issues of racism?
No, I just posted a link of a situation where Prince Harry was caught out being racist.
It seems your imagination did the rest

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:13 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:53 am
I'm not attempting to defend them per se, however I will point out that people can learn and develop over time and also people make mistakes from time to time.

To bring football into the discussion (God forbid!) and hypothesise for a moment.

Lets suppose that Barnes used to dive a lot to try and win penalties all the time, before Dyche advised him (and helped him learn) that is not the right thing to do - even though everyone else was doing it at the time (lets say 10 years ago).

Are you suggesting that its not right for Barnes to call out those who still dive because he used to do that 10 years ago; or is it right that he calls out players who dive now?

As the correct response is that he should be able to call out those who dive now because he has learnt about what is right and wrong, surely its OK for Harry to call out people if they do something that is wrong now even if he once did that wrong thing previously (you'll note the article was from 12 years ago).
This is like one of those "I'm not racist, but" comments.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6947 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:17 pm

Damo wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:10 pm
No, I just posted a link of a situation where Prince Harry was caught out being racist.
It seems your imagination did the rest
OK, but why would you drag up a totally unrelated article about something that he did 15 years ago? Unless of course you are trying to discredit his claim which is what my imagination is suggesting.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1239 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:22 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:50 am
In the same way Andrew was never really the same after the break up with Fergie.
You’ve made some excellent points to air your views on this in a previous post. However, I wouldn’t compare what Andrew has been through with anything like what Harry may or may not have to go through.

Andrew has always appeared like a spoilt brat even before Fergie and what he has done since has gone beyond the depths that most people would go to. Harry has had an absolute nightmare to contend with in his young life and I suspect it may allow him to deal with any future issues he may or may not have with his wife in a different way to being associated with the likes of Ghislaine Maxwell.

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:24 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:17 pm
OK, but why would you drag up a totally unrelated article about something that he did 15 years ago? Unless of course you are trying to discredit his claim which is what my imagination is suggesting.
I wanted to see what people's reactions would be to a royal being racist.
Would they defend it with comments like "oh that was a long time ago" "Damo, Ringo and Jakub all posted on a thread" because they like him and he's now on their side of the political spectrum
Or would they condemn him to burn in hell for eternity because he isn't
Basically trying to gauge what they really thought about racism

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:34 pm

Damo wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:24 pm
I wanted to see what people's reactions would be to a royal being racist.
Would they defend it with comments like "oh that was a long time ago" "Damo, Ringo and Jakub all posted on a thread" because they like him and he's now on their side of the political spectrum
Or would they condemn him to burn in hell for eternity because he isn't
Basically trying to gauge what they really thought about racism
Not sure what sides of a political spectrum have anything to do with this, but it does seem to be an obsession of yours.

I’m sure the vast majority of us are all in agreement that what he said in that video was racist, and wrong. Aren’t you? Was there not quite an uproar at the time?
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:46 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:34 pm
Not sure what sides of a political spectrum have anything to do with this, but it does seem to be an obsession of yours.
I find the subject of how people populate their opinions interesting, and on a thread like this, where its clearly on show, I thought I would pass a comment.
If you only want to talk about Piers Morgan, that's fine. You will have to find a different poster though

"I’m sure the vast majority of us are all in agreement that what he said in that video was racist, and wrong. Aren’t you? Was there not quite an uproar at the time?"
I don't remember the outrage at the time. Infact I didn't even know it had happened until I saw someone else post the article somewhere. Perhaps I was too busy doing other things and missed the story. Or maybe the MSM brushed it under the carpet or something

claret2018
Been Liked: 809 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:54 pm

Honestly who cares about any of this stuff? Sub-Heat magazine level of celebrity drivel
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat evensteadiereddie

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:57 pm

Damo wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:46 pm
I find the subject of how people populate their opinions interesting, and on a thread like this, where its clearly on show, I thought I would pass a comment.
If you only want to talk about Piers Morgan, that's fine. You will have to find a different poster though

"I’m sure the vast majority of us are all in agreement that what he said in that video was racist, and wrong. Aren’t you? Was there not quite an uproar at the time?"
I don't remember the outrage at the time. Infact I didn't even know it had happened until I saw someone else post the article somewhere. Perhaps I was too busy doing other things and missed the story. Or maybe the MSM brushed it under the carpet or something
I don't only want to talk about Piers Morgan or anything else for that matter. I was just trying to get to the bottom of what you felt the relevance of the article you posted was. Thanks for explaining.

I'm pretty sure there was an uproar at the time, and the fact that you've posted a link to a Guardian article about the incident strongly suggests that the mainstream media didn't brush it under the carpet.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:41 pm

Meghan Markle made at least 13 trips abroad after her relationship with Prince Harry emerged - despite claiming her passport was seized when she 'joined the family.'

The Duchess of Sussex told Oprah Winfrey she 'turned over' her passport alongside her driving licence and keys when she was welcomed into 'The Firm' in 2016. 

'When I joined that family, that was the last time I saw my passport, my driving licence, my keys - all of that gets turned over.'

Meghan, 39, suggested she didn't see her passport again until she and Harry quit as senior royals and moved to California.  

However, it has emerged the Duchess visited 13 countries as a tourist from when she started dating Prince Harry to September 2019 - when the couple jetted off to Italy for fashion designer Misha Nonoo's lavish wedding.

‘Recollections may vary’. Well said your Maj!

😉

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:57 pm

Could she not have had two passports , one American, one British ? I can imagine any dual citizenship application would have been accepted in minutes rather than weeks. Tbh, I couldn't really give a damn, I'm just killing time until the Richer Sounds television lads arrive..................

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:18 pm

If that's the case, why have you been defending them, and their false accusations, up to the hilt.

yTib
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 665 times

Post by yTib » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:21 pm

how do you know their accusations are false?

you don't.

dermotdermot

Post by dermotdermot » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:29 pm

So what have we learnt from this thread so far? On the subject of Piers Morgan, it seems that we are fairly divided but, on the subject of Harry Windsor, I think most people are mainly in agreement that he is a conniving, lying little shitstirrer who the country would be best rid of. Most people, that is, apart from ovenreadyeddie who, for some inexplicable reason, seems to think that he is an upstanding individual.
This user liked this post: Firthy

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:30 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:22 pm
You’ve made some excellent points to air your views on this in a previous post. However, I wouldn’t compare what Andrew has been through with anything like what Harry may or may not have to go through.

Andrew has always appeared like a spoilt brat even before Fergie and what he has done since has gone beyond the depths that most people would go to. Harry has had an absolute nightmare to contend with in his young life and I suspect it may allow him to deal with any future issues he may or may not have with his wife in a different way to being associated with the likes of Ghislaine Maxwell.
Fair points, I was thinking more along the lines that if Andrew had stayed with Fergie, more than likely none of the crap we've been hearing about this last 4 years would have happened. He did take a step back from public life, whether that was his decision or the families, and it leaves a void to be filled.
If Harry's marriage was to go the same way, and I hope it doesn't for his sake, where does he go. I can't see him returning to Royal duties as if nothing had happened. He's going to need that strong character should it hit the skids.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:32 pm

Damo wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:13 pm
This is like one of those "I'm not racist, but" comments.
I don’t understand your point in reference to the balanced viewpoint I posted, please explain. Thanks

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:45 pm

The racism allegations will serve to strengthen the notion that Diana was assassinated due to her involvement with dodi & the rumours which were circulated at the time that she was pregnant with dodis baby, I’m not suggesting that’s the case but that’s what some people believe.

Firthy

Post by Firthy » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:01 pm

claret2018 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:54 pm
Honestly who cares about any of this stuff? Sub-Heat magazine level of celebrity drivel
None of us really care but we can have an opinion on it.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 2039 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:05 pm

Madeley engages full Partridge mode at the start of his piece about Morgan. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://fb.watch/49WEoEulzB/
This user liked this post: longsidepies

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:52 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:45 pm
The racism allegations will serve to strengthen the notion that Diana was assassinated due to her involvement with dodi & the rumours which were circulated at the time that she was pregnant with dodis baby, I’m not suggesting that’s the case but that’s what some people believe.
The tin foil hat wearers will never believe it was an accident.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1239 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:54 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:30 pm
Fair points, I was thinking more along the lines that if Andrew had stayed with Fergie, more than likely none of the crap we've been hearing about this last 4 years would have happened. He did take a step back from public life, whether that was his decision or the families, and it leaves a void to be filled.
If Harry's marriage was to go the same way, and I hope it doesn't for his sake, where does he go. I can't see him returning to Royal duties as if nothing had happened. He's going to need that strong character should it hit the skids.
I’m not sure association with the worst kind of criminal characters can be associated with whether or not a marriage has survived tbh. It is quite possible, or even probable that he would have acquainted such people irrespective of his marital issues.

In terms of Harry it is quite possible that he will be in need of support should the fairytale relationship wear off but, irrespective of whether he gets that given the current relationship with his family, the family has previous history (and lots of it) of not helping family members with personal issues. This stuff we are discussing now may be the straw that broke the camels back and I suspect Harry feels badly let down by his Father in relation to what happened to his mother and given that he may not even want support from there.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5551 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:12 pm

THEWELLERNUT70 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:05 pm
Madeley engages full Partridge mode at the start of his piece about Morgan. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://fb.watch/49WEoEulzB/
Is that a real radio show or just Richard Madely in his shed talking to himself?
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:21 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:52 pm
The tin foil hat wearers will never believe it was an accident.
It’s 1 hell of a coincidence that’s all I can say, silence somebody & save all the further embarrassment it’s plausible.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:30 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:21 pm
It’s 1 hell of a coincidence that’s all I can say, silence somebody & save all the further embarrassment it’s plausible.
Did you lend them your wheel of punishment that you want to use for court sentencing?

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:11 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:56 am
Nobody knows the truth, or deceit, of what was said in the interview, I doubt we ever will, as the family will do nothing to extend this, and Harry must know that he has gone as far as he can.
Whatever the reality this interview was a massive mistake, a complete betrayal on Harry's part, and shows that neither would be good ambassadors for this country.

As an admitted royalist, I would also imagine that the reality of marrying into the Royal family, is a million miles away from the dream. It brings a responsibility, that ties you to a list of duties that will inevitably take over your life.
Members of the Royals don't clock on at 9 and clock off at 5. They are at the call 24 7, nor working that, but at the call. Foreign dignatories to be entertained. Ships to launch, factories, hospitals etc to open. Charities that call on their time for promoting, and meet and greet. Homework to be done on the people they have meetings with the next, so as to know who is who, and what the topic of the day is.The list can be overwhelming. Yes they get to meet famous people, stay in the best hotels, eat the finest of foods, but when your life is controlled by your responsibilities, and organised for you by a civil servant, the glamour would soon wear off. Even when you do get time off, you are followed everywhere by security and an entourage, finding time to actually live your own life will be rare. Put all this and cover it with a world press intent on finding anything, especially anything negative, to write about you, and you spend your whole life walking on eggshells in a goldfish bowl.

I wouldn't blame Meghan, or anyone else, that didn't want to do it. BUT you can't have your cake and eat it. If she wants to be a princess, that she has to accept that she had to act like one.
As for Archie, he falls under the same rules. Princess Anne never sought titles for Zara and Peter Phillips, because she wanted them to live a full and ordinary life. They are still the Queens grandchildren, and treated as such, but there is no slur because they weren't given titles.
Some people need to get over themselves, there can't be a pick and mix of royal duties, you are either in or out. I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to be out, but you don't blame the household because you don't get your own way. They, I am sure, haven't been getting their own way either, for 80 years. That's why I have so much respect for what they do.
I take your points bud but as a committed anti royal I’d just like to say that the idea of royals working hard is a bit of a long call. Living a life of luxury, wealth and unbelievable privilege in exchange for entertaining, launching ships, opening things and having a weekly word with the PM (only the actual monarch) is a long call from working in a factory earning peanuts. I’m sorry if I am lacking any sympathy.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:29 pm

dermotdermot wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:29 pm
So what have we learnt from this thread so far? On the subject of Piers Morgan, it seems that we are fairly divided but, on the subject of Harry Windsor, I think most people are mainly in agreement that he is a conniving, lying little shitstirrer who the country would be best rid of. Most people, that is, apart from ovenreadyeddie who, for some inexplicable reason, seems to think that he is an upstanding individual.

Oh dear. What's got you so rattled ? I was telling the truth, I was bored waiting for the new telly to arrive so I mixed in about the daft passport issue.
As for thinking that Harry is an "upstanding individual", I wouldn't know, I've never met him. Because of that, I'd not trash him either.

I think you're wrong about "most" people - I don't see a massive majority, even on here - who see H as a "conniving, lying little shitstirrer" - your words not mine.

Still, if you got yourself into such a paddy you have to make stuff up, I guess you may as well go all in............. :lol:

yTib
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 665 times

Post by yTib » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:31 pm

anybody who seriously entertains the idea that diana was assassinated has shyte for brains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4meFC1 ... wcoates459
This user liked this post: bfcjg

dermotdermot

Post by dermotdermot » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:39 pm

Not at all rattled, ovenready. Merely summarising the thread. Merely summarising.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:47 pm

Badly ! :lol:

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:49 pm

houseboy wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:11 pm
I take your points bud but as a committed anti royal I’d just like to say that the idea of royals working hard is a bit of a long call. Living a life of luxury, wealth and unbelievable privilege in exchange for entertaining, launching ships, opening things and having a weekly word with the PM (only the actual monarch) is a long call from working in a factory earning peanuts. I’m sorry if I am lacking any sympathy.
Your view is one shared by many, especially on the left. Only I don't think any of you appreciate the sacrifice the Queen and others in the household make. You say it's a life of luxury, and on the face of it, it is, but if you accept the responsibility it becomes more a gilded prison. Make no bones about it, we may be her subjects, but she serves this country, and the commonwealth. We all work 40 hour weeks if we're lucky with 5 or 6 weeks holiday. When not at work we can do whatever takes our fancy. They don't choose the time or place of their work. Protocols, and the government dictate it. They live under a spotlight, that very rarely gets turned off, even when they get a holiday. If that's luxury I suggest you try it.
All the left can see is the money, and the palaces and the cars, they can never see or grasp the sacrifices, the work, and the benefits they bring this country. I'm sure you're looking forward to retirement, the Queen is 94 and still going strong. None of the rest of her household will retire at 66 either. Its a life sentence. She's free to abdicate, as her family are free to quit, just like Harry, but they don't because of a sense of duty. That's another idiom the left will never grasp.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:56 pm

So, let's get this straight. If you don't appreciate the Monarchy, you're left-wing. If you do, you're right-wing ?

Mmmmmm...
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:59 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:49 pm
Your view is one shared by many, especially on the left. Only I don't think any of you appreciate the sacrifice the Queen and others in the household make. You say it's a life of luxury, and on the face of it, it is, but if you accept the responsibility it becomes more a gilded prison. Make no bones about it, we may be her subjects, but she serves this country, and the commonwealth. We all work 40 hour weeks if we're lucky with 5 or 6 weeks holiday. When not at work we can do whatever takes our fancy. They don't choose the time or place of their work. Protocols, and the government dictate it. They live under a spotlight, that very rarely gets turned off, even when they get a holiday. If that's luxury I suggest you try it.
All the left can see is the money, and the palaces and the cars, they can never see or grasp the sacrifices, the work, and the benefits they bring this country. I'm sure you're looking forward to retirement, the Queen is 94 and still going strong. None of the rest of her household will retire at 66 either. Its a life sentence. She's free to abdicate, as her family are free to quit, just like Harry, but they don't because of a sense of duty. That's another idiom the left will never grasp.
Quite why another poster has tried to make this into a left v right issue I’ll never know.
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:02 pm

I think Colburn's comment was pretty reasonable even though I despise the RF and the sycophants it attracts and feeds.
His lazy use of political labelling let him down.
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5551 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:04 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:22 am

My favourite part of this is that Ringo has edited it twice and is still wrong.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Greenmile

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:08 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:56 pm
So, let's get this straight. If you don't appreciate the Monarchy, you're left-wing. If you do, you're right-wing. Mmmmmm...
There are many Labour voters who support the monarchy, just as there are probably right wing groups/individuals that don't. But the previous, and present encumbent as Leader of the Labour party, have definitely swung behind the anti monarchy bandwagon. You would never hear Wilson, Kinnock, Smith or Blair standing on an anti royal platform. The Labour party, as highlighted by the last election is alienating its traditional voters in many ways.

We don't want this thread to get pulled because it falls into another political dogfight, but if you think I'm wrong, I'm happy to accept your list of left wing politicians who support the Monarchy.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:17 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:02 pm
I think Colburn's comment was pretty reasonable even though I despise the RF and the sycophants it attracts and feeds.
His lazy use of political labelling let him down.
I think you're wrong, obviously, but it doesn't anger or upset me, that someone disagrees with me. I honestly believe that many people are blinkered in a negative way, when looking at the royal Family and the duties they perform, a picture painted by extremists on the left of the political spectrum.

I also understand that it's possible to see clearly what they do, but still have no affection for them. If you are going to be anti royalist, at least take that stance for the right reasons. That is a general statement, not aimed at you personally Eddie.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:54 pm

I'm certainly no royalist, but in a way I have a bit of sympathy for them. I wouldn't want to be born into that lifestyle for all the money in the world.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:59 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:04 pm
My favourite part of this is that Ringo has edited it twice and is still wrong.

I'm tempted to help him out but then again, nah, don't think so.

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:04 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:49 pm
Having had the luxury of going to the Palace when my mother was decorated by the Queen. Not sure it would be I idea of a life. The hotel knew we going that day and at breakfast had made a table at one end of the room. Provided a person to go get our breakfast a few feet away . Brought me under done bacon and sausages when asked otherwise. I wanted to just go get my own but told your not allowed, you have personal service.
The Palace experience was amazing, the Queen had obviously been briefed on what my Mum had achieved, now there were 120 people she gave awards to that day. Each one got about two minutes personal attention/chat.
The one thing that really struck me was when she walked in the room she had a mean looking Ghurka on each side of her. I cannot imagine how it feels to be in your own home/palace and needing to have bodyguards that close.

I a, not a big monarchist but I do think they add value to out economy.

I also think poor Harry will meet a sad end to an extremist. And the royals likely to be blamed.

I was also in Paris in 97 when Diana died and visited the scene the following day, I still think it’s an accident.
These 2 users liked this post: LeadBelly Colburn_Claret