How would you redevelop the Turf?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Re: How would you redevelop the Turf?

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:02 pm

The JM looks as though it was built for the pitch to be moved nearer the JH. This wouldn’t have been a bad idea as the could have got 3 extra rows at the front of the BLS, down to pitch level.

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3580 times
Has Liked: 1023 times

Post by jedi_master » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:52 pm

This is the single biggest issue I have with the club currently - the lack of pro activity around stadium redevelopment. The club did great with the training ground and the corner stands, but the rest of the fan base also fully deserve some investment in our facilities. We are the permanent custodians of this club and my personal viewpoint is that a legacy from these sunny days needs to be a stand, preferably two, to see us through the next few decades. Since 2009 we have been in the Premier League 7 years and look on course for an 8th - Turf Moor hasn't really seen the benefit of this bar the corner stands, club shop and some internal works/room improvements (oh, and cladding. Lots of cladding...). I am firmly of the opinion that you need to make hey whilst the sun shines, and the sun will sadly not always shine in terms of the league we're in (just being realistic there). We need to see the bounty we are claiming each year invested in facilities we will take our families to for the next 50 years, not just on players.

So what would I like to see done? Two new stands - it's needed! I would rip down the Cricket Field Stand in Phase 1 (rehousing the away fans in a portion of the Longside closest to the Cricket Club, Lower and Upper and then segregating turnstiles outside by directing the away traffic down the back of the Cricket Club). Nothing fancy with this stand - same capacity as the current one is fine (slightly more on account of now going down to pitch side), just modernised facilities, state of the art concourse, rail seating in the thinking for future proofing and when finished it's purely for HOME fans. Acoustics important, and research into loud stands to be undertaken to ensure this is delivered.

Phase 2 is the total replacement of the Bob Lord. I appreciate it's got it's fans, and I know the club have spent a lot on it with it's internal suites etc (which are lovely), but nope - get rid. Same height as the new Cricket Field stand, but no more capacity than currently. Seats now go down to pitch side on account of the fact we are moving the pitch up to align with the stands in place, however, the back of the stand will be luxury, premium (£££) corporate hospitality boxes. Top whack these and rentable for corporate events, weddings etc. Within Phase 2 as well, the construction of a corner stand that links Phase 1 and 2 into a half bowl on account of the two stands uniformity in height. Additional seating provided, and trapping in noise. People moan and say bowls have no atmosphere, I think that's rubbish. It's down to the fans and I have been to plenty of grounds with corner sections/bowl like stadiums that have a top atmosphere. The onus would be on us to make that work. An interesting facet of this corner stand is that the turnstiles for it would be within the Bob Lord stand - this is to allow a bar/grill to be on that corner at street level (Called Bad Beat Bobs, and opened by Robbie himself) selling an assortment of local ales and the largest mixed grill you can find in Lancashire. Season ticket holders get discounts on food items.

I am currently sat on a work call bored to tears and have crudely drawn an image of what my mind sees on MS Paint :lol:

These 2 users liked this post: nyclaret bf2k

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:19 pm

huw.Y.WattfromWare wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:02 pm
The JM looks as though it was built for the pitch to be moved nearer the JH. This wouldn’t have been a bad idea as the could have got 3 extra rows at the front of the BLS, down to pitch level.
I have this inkling in the back of my mind that when the development of the JM and the JH stands was being put forward in the mid 90's there was definitely something said about the pitch moving over by X amount of feet. I may be wrong, but I just think I did hear or read that.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:29 pm

nyclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:57 am
952E7B53-88AE-4F1B-8D82-405E27BA61FE.jpg
The first thing we should do is move the pitch/goals so that they’re in the centre of the stands.
Presumably this was by design so that in future the pitch could be moved about 5m to the left (in this picture), closer to the Longside, thus creating more space for expanding the BL?

Goody1975
Been Liked: 979 times
Has Liked: 264 times

Post by Goody1975 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:55 pm

huw.Y.WattfromWare wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:02 pm
No, no, no ,no ,no!!!

That is the issue with the three/four rows at the front of the JHL, they are at/below pitch level and almost unsellable unless people get desperate and there is no alternative. The club are basically selling seats for £35 where you can't see the majority of the game.

Cirrus_Minor
Been Liked: 1156 times
Has Liked: 1282 times

Post by Cirrus_Minor » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:59 pm

I seem to remember that there is an issue with development / new Bob Lord stand in terms of the footprint depth required to make a two tiered stand. Even with extending as far I back as the building’s / wall that align with the pavement. Probably need to extend into what is now pitch side.

giveusaB
Been Liked: 204 times
Has Liked: 169 times

Post by giveusaB » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:11 pm

Discussed the ground situation/space with my dad(88) in the past.He suggested the whole ground would benefit space wise by a 90 degree turn(Harry Potts way behind the goal).You could move the pitch that way more into what is the James Hargreaves stand/parking area behind the longside creating a lot more space to expand on all four sides without interfering with the cricket club.Job done then all we’d need is 4 new stands!

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:19 pm

Goody1975 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:55 pm
No, no, no ,no ,no!!!

That is the issue with the three/four rows at the front of the JHL, they are at/below pitch level and almost unsellable unless people get desperate and there is no alternative. The club are basically selling seats for £35 where you can't see the majority of the game.
I don’t disagree about The JH view but that wouldn’t be a problem ont’other side.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:27 pm

Given the architectural footprint of the Turf Moor site, then Millwall's The Den is similar if you imagine having the pitch parallel to the North wall.

Doing that diagonal change with wall-to-wall land-use and a pay-off for the more recent housing residents in the area.

The result might be a bit more like Brentford's new stadium where the site demanded a more 'British' idiosyncratic development twice Brentford's size.

I don't know what the comparison is re- footprint and maximum capacity development.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:29 pm

... As it is, then a Bulldog Flake ad. from 1902 stuck on the Bob Lord stand. :-)
This user liked this post: Beaconsfield Claret

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by TsarBomba » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:30 pm

We need more premium seats, desperately.

And from what I can gather, there is a demand for more hospitality and boxes.

This all points towards a redevelopment of the BL, followed by the CFS.

If we develop the CFS, then the next question is do we share it with away fans or put them someplace else? But where? Upper tier of the JH? Does that leave us with segregation issues, or issues with away fan access into the ground? Are there going to be issues with away fans above home?

The Turf really is a shambles, and it is a indicative of a club that has had zero idea about where the ground is going long term. The amount of money we’ve fritted away over the past 10 years on trying to tart the ground up is eye watering.

Not that I remotely want this to happen, but in the cold light of day, the simplest and most cost effective solution, long term, will be to build a new ground.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:49 pm

The Singing Ringing Stand.jpg
The Singing Ringing Stand.jpg (190.97 KiB) Viewed 2077 times
I think the easiest build would be a Singing Ringing Stand third-tier hill-type seating on the North West corner of the ground. New CF one-tier with corner into JH and on corner top a third tier with a decent protective roof and good views of the hills.

No electronic ads. but old fashioned painted signs.

I forgot to put in the seats on the lower corner and I wouldn't have a high roof with a high wall on the CF stand, drawn again.
Last edited by Pstotto on Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TsarBomba

Post by TsarBomba » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:52 pm

/https://images.app.goo.gl/5NJWzw2WMYKnp69y7

The above is a link to the new Albanian national stadium.

Cost €85M, and that’s probably with a great deal of corruption.

Has hotels, retail, parking, etc, and looks amazing.
Last edited by TsarBomba on Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:52 pm

This a plan-view:
Third-tier corner.jpg
Third-tier corner.jpg (93.9 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone Dark Cloud

nyclaret
Been Liked: 335 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by nyclaret » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:07 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:52 pm
This is the single biggest issue I have with the club currently - the lack of pro activity around stadium redevelopment. The club did great with the training ground and the corner stands, but the rest of the fan base also fully deserve some investment in our facilities. We are the permanent custodians of this club and my personal viewpoint is that a legacy from these sunny days needs to be a stand, preferably two, to see us through the next few decades. Since 2009 we have been in the Premier League 7 years and look on course for an 8th - Turf Moor hasn't really seen the benefit of this bar the corner stands, club shop and some internal works/room improvements (oh, and cladding. Lots of cladding...). I am firmly of the opinion that you need to make hey whilst the sun shines, and the sun will sadly not always shine in terms of the league we're in (just being realistic there). We need to see the bounty we are claiming each year invested in facilities we will take our families to for the next 50 years, not just on players.

So what would I like to see done? Two new stands - it's needed! I would rip down the Cricket Field Stand in Phase 1 (rehousing the away fans in a portion of the Longside closest to the Cricket Club, Lower and Upper and then segregating turnstiles outside by directing the away traffic down the back of the Cricket Club). Nothing fancy with this stand - same capacity as the current one is fine (slightly more on account of now going down to pitch side), just modernised facilities, state of the art concourse, rail seating in the thinking for future proofing and when finished it's purely for HOME fans. Acoustics important, and research into loud stands to be undertaken to ensure this is delivered.

Phase 2 is the total replacement of the Bob Lord. I appreciate it's got it's fans, and I know the club have spent a lot on it with it's internal suites etc (which are lovely), but nope - get rid. Same height as the new Cricket Field stand, but no more capacity than currently. Seats now go down to pitch side on account of the fact we are moving the pitch up to align with the stands in place, however, the back of the stand will be luxury, premium (£££) corporate hospitality boxes. Top whack these and rentable for corporate events, weddings etc. Within Phase 2 as well, the construction of a corner stand that links Phase 1 and 2 into a half bowl on account of the two stands uniformity in height. Additional seating provided, and trapping in noise. People moan and say bowls have no atmosphere, I think that's rubbish. It's down to the fans and I have been to plenty of grounds with corner sections/bowl like stadiums that have a top atmosphere. The onus would be on us to make that work. An interesting facet of this corner stand is that the turnstiles for it would be within the Bob Lord stand - this is to allow a bar/grill to be on that corner at street level (Called Bad Beat Bobs, and opened by Robbie himself) selling an assortment of local ales and the largest mixed grill you can find in Lancashire. Season ticket holders get discounts on food items.

I am currently sat on a work call bored to tears and have crudely drawn an image of what my mind sees on MS Paint :lol:

I actually quite like it! :lol:

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:13 pm

Pstotto wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:52 pm
This a plan-view:
Third-tier corner.jpg
To Advanced for Burnley fc.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:39 pm

What was not possible with the Bob Lord over twenty years ago is likely far more easily achievable now. You only have to look at the new possibilities in London for very tall buildings to see how much things have progressed.

I’d happily see the two new stands taken down, they’re poor stands with inadequate concourses, facilities and poor protection from the elements.

I’d also not be hampered in design ideas by having to keep the two new corner stands. As wasteful as it would be, retaining them could prove to be a hindrance.

My first change would be the Cricketfield stand. I like the idea of a replacement incorporating a pavilion stand for the cricket club, which with some clever design, could be great. I’d be using this development in part to facilitate future ones - so perhaps holding more than we need so that displaced fans can be accommodated.

Next would be the Bee Hole end, something that reflects the design of the Cricketfield. I’d probably leave the Longside until last.

With the Bob Lord, I’d be looking to extend forwards to the pitch and backwards to the road, adding corporate, a new roof and adding further facilities (members bars etc).

The Bob Lord is our main stand and the frontage should be fitting of a club of our stature, whilst ideally having a modern twist on a traditional stadium design, to keep the old stadium feel.

I also liked CPs idea for the Longside, incorporating corporate, function facilities and permanent pre match entertainment areas.

So for me, there wouldn’t be a stand that doesn’t get changed.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:43 pm

You mean like being the first club to buy a training ground, Tim?

Burnley inventiveness of the 60s yah...

First and last heated stand?

League Liner 1972.

Keep the faith, bud.

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:44 pm

RalphCoatesComb wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:34 am
Bring back the urinals from the '60s. The stench was enough to make you hold on until you got home :o
Never realised how out of line the end stands were. As for the loos as mentioned above I can still remember the smell from the Beehole loos in the 80s. It was bad enough walking past but if you actually needed to go it made you gip. By comparison it makes the stench at the gents at Birch Services Westbound ( one of the worst) seem like a rose garden.
This user liked this post: RalphCoatesComb

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:49 pm

Actually Eastbound is worse.

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 772 times
Has Liked: 1426 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:25 pm

Is there anything that can be done to make the cricket field stand noise louder and a bit slower?
This user liked this post: ŽižkovClaret

Den_Perry
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Den_Perry » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:40 pm

This would do it. End of topic. 8-)
Attachments
F86E9F37-FD5C-43F7-AFCF-78037C0CF744.jpeg
F86E9F37-FD5C-43F7-AFCF-78037C0CF744.jpeg (45.97 KiB) Viewed 1919 times

Den_Perry
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Den_Perry » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:46 pm

Or maybe my highly innovative idea from back in 2007 would work (still seems 100% relevant to be fair)? ...and the PA system still hasn’t been fixed as far as I can tell!
Attachments
B3732786-E38C-4495-AD0D-67E3598C69D2.jpeg
B3732786-E38C-4495-AD0D-67E3598C69D2.jpeg (78.21 KiB) Viewed 1914 times
These 5 users liked this post: bf2k tim_noone ChrisG longsidepies bodge

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by bf2k » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:49 pm

ChrisG wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:09 pm
So it was a drawing cock up. I've tried to find the plans on the planning portal, but they only go back to 2000 on the Burnley council website.
I had a paper copy when I did my work experience in the drawing office at BBC but I’ve no idea where they went unfortunately. However, I do remember being told that they had an issue with the foundations and had to move the JM over. I take it that was the issue they found when they did the corner stand.

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 507 times

Post by Claretforever » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:04 pm

ChrisG wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:43 am
Bloody hell, I've never realised quite how far off centre the JM/Beehole is. Wonder who cocked that up; the architect, or the setting out engineer? Can't believe it was signed off like that.

Surely someone at some point (given the Longside was already up when they started) thought "Hang on lads, this doesn't look right"?!
I imagine we were penny pinching and, because we couldn’t afford to replace the old police box moved the entire stand over. What a stupid decision that was.

ChrisG
Been Liked: 327 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by ChrisG » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:15 pm

bf2k wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:49 pm
I had a paper copy when I did my work experience in the drawing office at BBC but I’ve no idea where they went unfortunately. However, I do remember being told that they had an issue with the foundations and had to move the JM over. I take it that was the issue they found when they did the corner stand.
That's probably right from the recent issues with the corner stands. Presumably something to do with the old Bee Hole colliery I assume.

Bet that was interesting being in the old drawing office, all I see now is digital versions of buildings.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:54 pm

the bob lord looks abysmal, and anyone who has ever sat in the lower tier of the jimmy mac corner where it butts up to the longside will confirm they are possibly the worst seats on the ground.
cricket field is a rickety old mess, quite embarrassing. best bet would be to flatten the cricket ground and build a 70 tier super stand there, nobody really likes cricket, so presumably no objections.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:20 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:54 pm
the bob lord looks abysmal, and anyone who has ever sat in the lower tier of the jimmy mac corner where it butts up to the longside will confirm they are possibly the worst seats on the ground.
cricket field is a rickety old mess, quite embarrassing. best bet would be to flatten the cricket ground and build a 70 tier super stand there, nobody really likes cricket, so presumably no objections.
The Jimmy mac Corner has a great view.....But you can get a Little wet at times.

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1208 times
Has Liked: 7098 times

Post by Quicknick » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:48 am

Rebuild the 80-terraced Longside.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:47 am

Level the pitch ,or move to Padiham Power Station site

dibraidio
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by dibraidio » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:07 am

Reduce the height of the Bob Lord to give the Longside a better view of the hills during a match. Demolish the Cricketfield end so the longside upper can see the Cricket. Replace the offices on Harry Potts way with a set of retail units so that we can get a fantastic row of pound shops in that would be the envy of any high street. Job done.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2876 times

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:17 am

I would love to see the stadium get a revamp, but it is not The priority for me. It functions, and I for one do not want to go back to ‘the best ground in the forth division” which last time we were doing well proved to be a prophetic comment.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:28 pm

If it was in Padiham, it wouldn't be good for all those that go on foot to the ground.
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:24 pm

Add 10 rows to the back of the Bob Lord, plus a new roof with unrestricted views. New Cricket Field end, all one tier 6k rail seats, new capacity, 25k.
This user liked this post: Whitgord

dibraidio
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by dibraidio » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:34 pm

claretandy wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:24 pm
Add 10 rows to the back of the Bob Lord, plus a new roof with unrestricted views. New Cricket Field end, all one tier 6k rail seats, new capacity, 25k.
You are unlikely to see a new single tier stand in England.

When Liverpool were planning their new developments 6 years ago their chief executive Ian Ayre said the following :

I don’t think there’s a football club in the country who could afford to spend money on a new stand without the assistance of corporate hospitality. It pays,” said Ayre. “It will probably pay two thirds or more of the payback of this facility and that is a fact of life. You can’t find economic solutions that work in big new stadiums that don’t have corporate.

The quote is from this article:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... rate-seats

nyclaret
Been Liked: 335 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by nyclaret » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:03 pm

I've been very impressed with the new stadiums in the MLS. They sure do know how to build stadiums across the pond. These are the 3 new stadiums in the league this year.
1609715093_663932_1609715128_noticia_normal_recorte1.jpg
1609715093_663932_1609715128_noticia_normal_recorte1.jpg (86.17 KiB) Viewed 1580 times
Seating_Ledge_1.jpg
Seating_Ledge_1.jpg (156.32 KiB) Viewed 1580 times
reserved-seating.jpg
reserved-seating.jpg (111.64 KiB) Viewed 1580 times

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:39 pm

dibraidio wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:34 pm

When Liverpool were planning their new developments 6 years ago their chief executive Ian Ayre said the following :

I don’t think there’s a football club in the country who could afford to spend money on a new stand without the assistance of corporate hospitality. It pays,” said Ayre. “It will probably pay two thirds or more of the payback of this facility and that is a fact of life. You can’t find economic solutions that work in big new stadiums that don’t have corporate.

New single tier stand in England.

Tottenham?

TsarBomba

Post by TsarBomba » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:22 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:17 am
I would love to see the stadium get a revamp, but it is not The priority for me. It functions, and I for one do not want to go back to ‘the best ground in the forth division” which last time we were doing well proved to be a prophetic comment.
You’re really missing the point.

If we’re not going to look at redevelopment, after 5 years of PL money, then when are we? We certainly won’t be in a position to redevelop when we inevitably get relegated.

We have two stands past their sell by date, and we’re frittering money away trying to keep them adequate, which in the long run, will cost us more.

The ground simply has to be a priority.
This user liked this post: nyclaret

bodge
Been Liked: 725 times
Has Liked: 474 times

Post by bodge » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:45 pm

Denzil's cable car link to Burnley city centre needs some serious consideration, a sure fire way of giving us a unique selling point in the UK and would surely attract and add to our alpine fan base.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:53 pm

dibraidio wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:34 pm

That was Liverpools main stand, by expanding the Bob Lord you get more corporate.

Im_not_Robbie_Blake
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by Im_not_Robbie_Blake » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:56 pm

Change nothing!

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:09 pm

The Bob Lord stand is a bit disturbing to the opponents because it's a step down in class, so they automatically feel relegated.

It's Dodge City on the edge of civilization if you're an Italian manager.

The thing is, it IS Dodge City on the edge of civilization, right at the edge.

The North-West very last point of civilization in Europe.

After Burnley, that's it.

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:16 pm

What I'd do personally is knock down the entire thing and move it down as far as possible in the picture. There's plenty of room behind the James Hargreaves to move everything that way to make a bigger Bob Lord. It'd also allow to build a bigger James Hargreaves and buy out the Cricket Club.
That'd mean a ground share for a season or two.
Turf-Moor-1.jpg
Turf-Moor-1.jpg (142.89 KiB) Viewed 1458 times

mill hill claret
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by mill hill claret » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:20 pm

Time will tell if there are funds available for ground improvements

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:28 pm

mill hill claret wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:20 pm
Time will tell if there are funds available for ground improvements
In fairness. The OP asks what we'd like to see developed (if anything) not what will be. I am aware we will be making improvements but not privy to exactly what. Other than to say leaving Turf Moor completely hasn't been ruled out if their plans aren't fulfilled. So. yes. They have the funds.

mill hill claret
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by mill hill claret » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:31 pm

BenWickes wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:28 pm
In fairness. The OP asks what we'd like to see developed (if anything) not what will be. I am aware we will be making improvements but not privy to exactly what. Other than to say leaving Turf Moor completely hasn't been ruled out if their plans aren't fulfilled. So. yes. They have the funds.
Sounds positive 👍

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:32 pm

BenWickes wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:28 pm
Wasn’t part of the “appeal” of us to the new owners that we were located centrally within the town and surrounding community?

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2876 times

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:22 pm

BenWickes wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:16 pm
What I'd do personally is knock down the entire thing and move it down as far as possible in the picture. There's plenty of room behind the James Hargreaves to move everything that way to make a bigger Bob Lord. It'd also allow to build a bigger James Hargreaves and buy out the Cricket Club.
That'd mean a ground share for a season or two.

Turf-Moor-1.jpg
You do not need to shift the pitch to increase the Bob Lord, it was always designed to add another tier if required... so there is plants of space between turnstile and stand.

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:26 pm

Some floodlights on top of the stadium roof going all around would be nice.

It's ALWAYS looked dark at Turf at night, even with the "new" floodlights, I think that's something we should get done.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:35 pm

tarkys_ears wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:26 pm
Some floodlights on top of the stadium roof going all around would be nice.

It's ALWAYS looked dark at Turf at night, even with the "new" floodlights, I think that's something we should get done.
That’ll sort it.