Season Ticket Question

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
mill hill claret
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Re: Season Ticket Question

Post by mill hill claret » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:33 am

Its a shambles ..been trying to renew my dads season ticket for a few days now ..so sent an email to the club so hopefully they can sort the issue

Leisure
Been Liked: 3787 times
Has Liked: 12479 times

Post by Leisure » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:20 am

Fez wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:22 am
When I first logged in my clarets number had changed to a new one so I couldn't do anything. Now I have no clarets number and haven't had a response from nick Taylor, ticket office or direct debit in weeks by email or telephone. I'm no longer going to renew as it's farcical for a Premier league club is this
Suggest that you Email the Supporters Liaison Officer - slo@burnleyfc.com
This user liked this post: Fez

mikeS
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 25 times

Post by mikeS » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:51 pm

Guys, it took a week to sort mine out but cracked it last night. The password reset I asked for last Wednesday arrived yesterday. I am sorted now. The ticket office must have been inundated with season ticket holders like me needing a hand. It would have helped if the club had sent all its season ticket holders a letter about the changes detailing simply what you needed to do to set up the SSO instead of relying on the club website and social media to get the message out. I’d guess there are still BUrnley supporters, certainly older fans (like me) who don’t know of the changes the club have made to renewing and are expecting it all to be done automatically for them.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:01 pm

mikeS wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:51 pm
It would have helped if the club had sent all its season ticket holders a letter about the changes detailing simply what you needed to do to set up the SSO instead of relying on the club website and social media to get the message out. I’d guess there are still BUrnley supporters, certainly older fans (like me) who don’t know of the changes the club have made to renewing and are expecting it all to be done automatically for them.
Agree. I have told the club that many fans probably still aren't aware of the process and others are struggling with the process. They will shortly be sending out emails to those who haven't yet renewed and phoning those for whom they haven't got an email address.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5074 times
Has Liked: 6850 times

Post by bfcjg » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:26 pm

I managed to eventually get sorted at end of last week and I am very tech savvy, I am now trying to get a family member sorted sho is extremely close to calling it a day they are so fed up.
Why the F did somebody think it was a good idea complicating things in the midst of a pandemic is beyond me. A simple check that you have paid and then a letter text or email asking you if you would like the club to auto renew for you would have been much simpler.
This smacks of have an idea doesn't matter if it's a bad idea as long as you can say you have had one.
These 2 users liked this post: dsr fidelcastro

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2218 times
Has Liked: 2207 times

Post by fidelcastro » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:48 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:26 pm
I managed to eventually get sorted at end of last week and I am very tech savvy, I am now trying to get a family member sorted sho is extremely close to calling it a day they are so fed up.
Why the F did somebody think it was a good idea complicating things in the midst of a pandemic is beyond me. A simple check that you have paid and then a letter text or email asking you if you would like the club to auto renew for you would have been much simpler.
This smacks of have an idea doesn't matter if it's a bad idea as long as you can say you have had one.
Yes. Someone will have been paid a fortune for coming up with this rubbish.

If I don't get sorted in a straightforward way, then I reckon l'll call it a day too.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32410 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:54 pm

Leisure wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:01 pm
Agree. I have told the club that many fans probably still aren't aware of the process and others are struggling with the process. They will shortly be sending out emails to those who haven't yet renewed and phoning those for whom they haven't got an email address.
Stable doors and horses come to mind here

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:55 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:26 pm
Agree with that 100%

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:59 pm

Obviously not every case, but it would be interesting to know how many of the problems have been user error? Forgotten log in details, misreading instructions etc
This user liked this post: Doctor_Marina

lakedistrictclaret
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by lakedistrictclaret » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:00 pm

I paid for this season's ticket upfront, didn't take a refund, and perhaps naively supposed that it would automatically renew for 21-22.

It's only as a result of reading this thread that I realised I had to renew. Surprisingly I did this easily, using the "on account " option.

As for the suggested requirement of owning a smartphone to gain access to Turf Moor, can the club really afford to lose the hundreds of supporters who would call it a day?

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1865 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:14 pm

There are 5 of us in our group and I renewed them all for us, mainly because I sort out getting any cup/away tickets needed and we thought they would all be load onto current cards and my dad doesn’t use any of the website/store/clarets+ and wouldn’t need a SSO.

It now looks like, that if to be using phones for admission, I’m going to have to make sure they all set up individually on their phones

Will we be able to link an account to multiple phones?
My nephew is only 6, obviously without a phone. He’ll be initially be on my brothers phone, but if he can’t make the game nephew will be coming on with either myself or dad

clansman
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 89 times

Post by clansman » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:04 pm

It really is a shambles. I know I’m not good with tech but bcc seem to make everything difficult. Surely if you’ve paid all year they should just automatically renew. System no longer recognised me!!

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:10 pm

Have the club actually stated anywhere that a smartphone is a requirement to gain entry? I haven't read it anywhere at all, nor have I understood that to be the case from all of the posts on this thread referencing it.

Conflating SSO and web account issues with contactless entry appears to be where people may have misunderstood things if my suspicions are correct. Contactless entry does not infer the use of a smartphone, albeit that may be an option to use in lieu of a TeamCard.

I do think that when the club references contactless entry it will be with paper printed tickets for a barcode; or your TeamCard if you are a season ticket holder; or (keeping up with modern technology) a replica of your TeamCard details or (not) printed digital ticket on a smartphone.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong and the club have stated that a smartphone is required for entry, and if this is the case I'll ask that they be provided free of charge to all supporters to facilitate that, or give me a refund of course.
This user liked this post: Doctor_Marina

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:11 pm

clansman wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:04 pm
It really is a shambles. I know I’m not good with tech but bcc seem to make everything difficult. Surely if you’ve paid all year they should just automatically renew. System no longer recognised me!!
Nick - If you want to text me your membership number and postcode, I'll add you to my Friends and Family and then I can do your renewal.

clansman

Post by clansman » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:13 pm

Thanks Pete
I’ll have another go at it when I’ve calmed down.!!
All they needed to do was send a letter telling you exactly what to do!!
This user liked this post: Leisure

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:23 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:10 pm
Have the club actually stated anywhere that a smartphone is a requirement to gain entry? I haven't read it anywhere at all, nor have I understood that to be the case from all of the posts on this thread referencing it.

Conflating SSO and web account issues with contactless entry appears to be where people may have misunderstood things if my suspicions are correct. Contactless entry does not infer the use of a smartphone, albeit that may be an option to use in lieu of a TeamCard.

I do think that when the club references contactless entry it will be with paper printed tickets for a barcode; or your TeamCard if you are a season ticket holder; or (keeping up with modern technology) a replica of your TeamCard details or (not) printed digital ticket on a smartphone.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong and the club have stated that a smartphone is required for entry, and if this is the case I'll ask that they be provided free of charge to all supporters to facilitate that, or give me a refund of course.
Admittedly not officially announced, but Funkydrummer received an email reply

The club are following government advice very closely, and it may mean that we are required to implement contactless ticketing. This will be done through our mobile app. If this is necessary, all supporters wishing to attend games at Turf Moor will need to have their ticketing account linked to the SSO Account.

Also as I found out yesterday our TeamCards are not contactless. We still have to hand them over to the steward on the turnstile who them scans it and presses the pedal to allow entry

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:30 pm

clansman wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:13 pm
Thanks Pete
I’ll have another go at it when I’ve calmed down.!!
All they needed to do was send a letter telling you exactly what to do!!
No worries. It tells people what to do on the website but people seem to still be struggling to renew. If you still can't manage just send me your details and I can do it in 2 minutes.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:41 pm

Zlatan wrote:

I assumed next season will automatically be uploaded to the team card.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:41 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:23 pm
Also as I found out yesterday our TeamCards are not contactless. We still have to hand them over to the steward on the turnstile who them scans it and presses the pedal to allow entry
The TeamCards are contactless. Although you would still need someone to press the pedal there is no reason why you can’t scan the card yourself. It wouldn’t take too much work at the turnstiles.
This user liked this post: wilks_bfc

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:42 pm

Spijed wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:41 pm
I assumed next season will automatically be uploaded to the team card.
That’s what they said but then they’ve given different info to an individual.

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:49 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:41 pm
The TeamCards are contactless. Although you would still need someone to press the pedal there is no reason why you can’t scan the card yourself. It wouldn’t take too much work at the turnstiles.
I’m with you there Tony, what I meant was we don’t currently use them as contactless

martintheaker
Been Liked: 118 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Post by martintheaker » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:55 pm

Just had this through from the ticket office following my e-mailed request to renew.

I have renewed your season ticket over email for you. No further action is required for your 21/22 renewal.

There may be additional requirements when attending the games at Turf Moor. Therefore it is highly recommended that you take the time to get to know your online account. The club are following government advice very closely, and it may mean that we are required to implement contactless ticketing. This will be done through our mobile app. If this is necessary, all supporters wishing to attend games at Turf Moor will need to have their ticketing account linked to the SSO Account. The potential of vaccination passports being a requirement to attend public events is quite high, the initial plan is to link this to the NHS app. If this is the case, a smartphone will be a must when attending Turf Moor.

It is advisable to follow the instructions at www.burnleyfootballclub.com/faqs to link your ticketing accounts.

Kind regards,
Ticketing Team

clansman

Post by clansman » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:55 pm

I sorted mine out. I just reregistered on main site with new details and then the ticket section accepted my old ticket password with Claret no.
Had it not been for this forum I would not have known I needed to confirm renewal despite having paid.

mikeS
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 25 times

Post by mikeS » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:57 pm

A big thanks to Leisure, Clarettony and a few others on here for raising these issues with the Club. Many thanks guys.
These 3 users liked this post: martintheaker wilks_bfc Zlatan

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:11 pm

Ticket office open next Monday for those in phase 1

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:11 pm

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:12 pm

martintheaker wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:55 pm
If this is the case, a smartphone will be a must when attending Turf Moor.
Surely the club must realise many older people don't have a smart phone. What are they going to offer as an alternative?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:15 pm

Spijed wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:12 pm
Surely the club must realise many older people don't have a smart phone. What are they going to offer as an alternative?
If you require your phone to gain access to the ground I do hope a better battery becomes available for an iphone those who have an early pint on a matchday.

dushanbe
Been Liked: 396 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by dushanbe » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:20 pm

Just to complicate things, when are they doing seat swaps?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:21 pm

dushanbe wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:20 pm
Just to complicate things, when are they doing seat swaps?
Halfway through the season probably :D

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:24 pm

Zlatan wrote:

martintheaker wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:55 pm
Just had this through from the ticket office following my e-mailed request to renew.

I have renewed your season ticket over email for you. No further action is required for your 21/22 renewal.

There may be additional requirements when attending the games at Turf Moor. Therefore it is highly recommended that you take the time to get to know your online account. The club are following government advice very closely, and it may mean that we are required to implement contactless ticketing. This will be done through our mobile app. If this is necessary, all supporters wishing to attend games at Turf Moor will need to have their ticketing account linked to the SSO Account. The potential of vaccination passports being a requirement to attend public events is quite high, the initial plan is to link this to the NHS app. If this is the case, a smartphone will be a must when attending Turf Moor.

It is advisable to follow the instructions at www.burnleyfootballclub.com/faqs to link your ticketing accounts.

Kind regards,
Ticketing Team
Wow - thanks for that update martintheaker - I stand corrected.

I hope someone has linked this thread to Alan Pace on twitter so he knows how many people will be affected by this. I for one would not have renewed had I known this in advance - I dont always take my phone to football and I need to know how I'll manage the ticketing for my kids (they decide at the last minute if they want to come and often I bring a friend of the other if one doesn't come on with us).

mill hill claret
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by mill hill claret » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:26 pm

Leisure wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:11 pm
Nick - If you want to text me your membership number and postcode, I'll add you to my Friends and Family and then I can do your renewal.
Thanks for the tip leisure ...couldn't sign in with a password so signed in with a Facebook account that I used to use ..added my dad to my friends and family and renewed it through one account ...also received a swift reply off Anita at SLO who has confirmed both season tickets are now renewed ....phew .....Still think the club could make it easier ..I struggled ..my dad would have had no chance
This user liked this post: Leisure

dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:27 pm

I'm phase 2, so I'll wait. But when the time comes, assuming they don't put the price up by silly amounts, I'll want a single season ticket, a credit of the 4 matches from 2020, a credit for my Mum's 4 matches from 2020 because she is no longer able to go, and obviously the new setup of teamcards and emails and what have you.

So it's ticket office for me. It would take me ages to jump through all the electronic hoops. And after all, I am the customer - they are the ones trying to sell me something.

Though if it's access by smartphone only, then I'm out. Accrington Stanley and Colne would get my season ticket monry instead.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:39 pm

Spijed wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:12 pm
Sending this out to individuals only is a nonsense. Someone needs to get a grip here and start helping our fans.

Marney&Mee
Been Liked: 657 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Marney&Mee » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:42 pm

will you be able to pay on the gate tho ?
This user liked this post: Zlatan

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:43 pm

mikeS wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:57 pm
A big thanks to Leisure, Clarettony and a few others on here for raising these issues with the Club. Many thanks guys.
Can I say that Leisure has been fantastic with this on behalf of Burnley FC Supporters Groups.
These 6 users liked this post: wilks_bfc mill hill claret longsidepies Spijed Zlatan the_magic_rat

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:44 pm

Marney&Mee wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:42 pm
will you be able to pay on the gate tho ?
Only if you have you bank card installed on your smartphone

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2218 times
Has Liked: 2207 times

Post by fidelcastro » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:54 pm

I pointed out a few days ago that, like a lot of people, it wouldn't let me renew, but now with all this talk of apps and smartphones, I'm more confused than ever with what to do.

I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth the bother. Incidentally I've been a ST holder since 1990.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:12 pm

If vaccine passports become a thing I'm sure they'll have to offer some kind of paper alternative. You can't exclude people from society because they don't own a smartphone.
This user liked this post: Aclaret

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1402 times

Post by Aclaret » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:18 pm

Another here confused, from what I can gather I'm in phase 2. So will probably visit the Ticket Office when I can.
Vaccine passports ? smartphones ? Apps ?.....all I want to do is go and watch my team play football !

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:19 pm

Ground access info released by Man City - (not sure just how up to date it is as they mention the season 20/21?)

We will be introducing contactless digital ticketing. This means that supporters will enter the stadium using their mobile device (Google Pay or Apple Wallet), rather than using an access card or paper ticket. In addition to making the matchday entry process as smooth as possible, the new system has been designed to help protect supporters’ health, safety and security by allowing us to:

Reduce physical contact during the stadium entry process.
Understand who is inside the stadium on matchdays.
Reduce ticket touting outside the ground.
When a supporter is successful in the ballot and offered the opportunity to purchase a match ticket, upon completion of the transaction, their confirmation email will contain a link to download a pass (mobile ticket) directly onto their compatible mobile device, to Google Pay or Apple Wallet.

Further information will be provided prior to matchday.

We appreciate digital tickets may not be for everyone so Print@Home will remain an option for you to select as part of the sales process. We understand that not everyone may have access to a printer but we would ask that you seek assistance from a friend or family member, whilst ensuring you adhere to the guidelines, as we will not be issuing paper tickets or access cards for the 20/21 season.

Supporters over 16 will be required to provide Photo ID, which must match the name on the ticket. Failure to do so, or if the name on the ticket does not match the Photo ID, will result in you not being able to access the stadium.Man City info

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:22 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:12 pm
If vaccine passports become a thing I'm sure they'll have to offer some kind of paper alternative. You can't exclude people from society because they don't own a smartphone.
I think it's been widely accepted that any kind of vaccine passport or proof of negative test can be in paper form, even to allow entry into other countries so that should be ok.. Contactless entry will be the interesting one. Do the club cater for everyone, or just the majority who do have phones

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:25 pm

Man City conditions wrote: We appreciate digital tickets may not be for everyone so Print@Home will remain an option for you to select as part of the sales process. We understand that not everyone may have access to a printer but we would ask that you seek assistance from a friend or family member, whilst ensuring you adhere to the guidelines, as we will not be issuing paper tickets or access cards for the 20/21 season.
Or put another way, "if you don't use the internet we certainly can't be bothered printing a ticket out. You can have a ticket, but use someone else's ink and paper because we can't be bothered with the likes of you. You're probably a pensioner paying half price anyway, so sod off and we'll sell your ticket to someone more profitable."

There is no reason for refusing to print tickets at the ticket office while allowing print at home, except that they don't think those customers deserve any customer service. It stinks.

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1141 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by Claret Till I Die » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:41 pm

Leisure, please can you ask a question at the next meeting for me...

Does the all singing, all dancing SSO allow you to use your accrued points online or is that still being looked at ?

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:12 pm

dsr wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:25 pm
Or put another way, "if you don't use the internet we certainly can't be bothered printing a ticket out. You can have a ticket, but use someone else's ink and paper because we can't be bothered with the likes of you. You're probably a pensioner paying half price anyway, so sod off and we'll sell your ticket to someone more profitable."

There is no reason for refusing to print tickets at the ticket office while allowing print at home, except that they don't think those customers deserve any customer service. It stinks.
You do realise that these measures are a product of following government advice in the attempt to minimise the spread of the virus? This isn’t bad customer service, it’s a temporary measure in an attempt to get fans back in grounds.

Obviously requiring a smartphone to gain access to the ground is ridiculous, but print at home tickets are a viable alternative. And I can guarantee that for the very small number of fans who won’t have access to either facility themselves or through friends and family then Man City, and Burnley will no doubt be able to assist in printing tickets.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:17 pm

Claret Till I Die wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:41 pm
Leisure, please can you ask a question at the next meeting for me...

Does the all singing, all dancing SSO allow you to use your accrued points online or is that still being looked at ?
I'm not aware that you can use your points in the online shop yet but I'll check this.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:20 pm

dsr wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:25 pm

What stinks? The Man City info doesn't actually say that they won't print tickets as a last resort.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:22 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:12 pm
You do realise that these measures are a product of following government advice in the attempt to minimise the spread of the virus? This isn’t bad customer service, it’s a temporary measure in an attempt to get fans back in grounds.
So you don’t consider it poor customer service not to tell everyone, instead just telling a small number of people by email? You must have a strange idea of customer service.

If you have read the club info it says once you have renewed it will be loaded onto your TeamCard which you should keep. No mention of any other way of entry.

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:23 pm

Leisure wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:20 pm
What stinks? The Man City info doesn't actually say that they won't print tickets as a last resort.
It says "we will not be issuing paper tickets". Sounds unequivocal.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:25 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:22 pm
So you don’t consider it poor customer service not to tell everyone, instead just telling a small number of people by email? You must have a strange idea of customer service.

If you have read the club info it says once you have renewed it will be loaded onto your TeamCard which you should keep. No mention of any other way of entry.
I was responding directly to dsr’s whinge about Man City’s policy. Nothing to do with our club’s info or communication methods.