Season Ticket Question

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bodge
Been Liked: 729 times
Has Liked: 475 times

Re: Season Ticket Question

Post by bodge » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:02 pm

beddie - have you updated your friends and family as all the details were wiped off the system ? If not go to the ticketing section and update them.

I had to do this prior to linking the account and renewing
This user liked this post: Bosscat

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 519 times

Post by beddie » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:17 pm

bodge wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:02 pm
beddie - have you updated your friends and family as all the details were wiped off the system ? If not go to the ticketing section and update them.

I had to do this prior to linking the account and renewing
bodge. Thank you kindly for those helpful details, it worked. I'd obviously missed reading on this message board about the friends and family being wiped off the system so I'm grateful for your advice. Thanks again. Joe.
These 2 users liked this post: bodge Bosscat

Leisure
Been Liked: 3792 times
Has Liked: 12490 times

Post by Leisure » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:36 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:18 pm
I’m not sure you can withdraw your money now but if you can I assume that you would then pay the higher price with no direct debit guarantee.
I've asked the club what happens if someone with money on their account either a) doesn't want to renew and b) wants to renew but doesn't get around to doing so by 23rd April. Still awaiting a reply.

Simps
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by Simps » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:13 pm

I want to renew Leisure, I’d just rather carry on paying the direct debit that I don’t really see every month, and withdraw the money that’s rightfully mine!

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:22 pm

Simps wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:13 pm
I want to renew Leisure, I’d just rather carry on paying the direct debit that I don’t really see every month, and withdraw the money that’s rightfully mine!
At the minute the club haven't actually said that there'll be a direct debit scheme but even if, hopefully, there is one, it probably won't be over 12 installments, (as it's unlikely that a payment would be able to be taken in April) and whereas the scheme has been free of charges in the past, there may now be an added cost for either interest and/or an Admin charge. Also, in your situation, if they did agree to give you a refund I suppose that you would be able to renew in Phase 2 but that would also be at a higher cost to you if they put up the prices but the club would need to confirm this. So in short, even if it was possible for you to do want you want to do, it may end up costing you more than just renewing using what's on your account.

Simps

Post by Simps » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:06 pm

Just to update people in my position, the club have just emailed me this response:

“ Unfortunately, due to the complexity of this season, we wont be running the direct debit scheme. All season tickets are to be paid for online and in full.

We will re-introduce the direct debit scheme for the following 22/23 season.”

I find that abysmal to be honest - how hard is it to just not cancel someone’s direct debit and let them have their money back that they left with the club?

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2974 times
Has Liked: 2075 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:21 pm

Simps wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:06 pm
Just to update people in my position, the club have just emailed me this response:

“ Unfortunately, due to the complexity of this season, we wont be running the direct debit scheme. All season tickets are to be paid for online and in full.

I find that abysmal to be honest - how hard is it to just not cancel someone’s direct debit and let them have their money back that they left with the club?
I take it that means that there is no direct Debit scheme for 21/22 season for anyone, and not just those in your situation.

If so, this could come back to bite them on the backside. Pretty poor from the club if that's the case.

I'm OK as I have just renewed mine for next season "on account" which of course uses the money that I left with the club.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:23 pm

Simps wrote:

Just for clarity...

You paid already for a season ticket? But you want that amount refunded? So you can pay again for the same ticket by DD?

I don’t get it... why would the club give you a refund for something, then make arrangements just for you to pay for it again?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:26 pm

Simps wrote:

I know some give club some clog for anything ticket related but calling it abysmal and complaining you can't have a refund so that you can pay again for something you have already paid for probably could only happen at Burnley

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:36 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:23 pm
Just for clarity...

You paid already for a season ticket? But you want that amount refunded? So you can pay again for the same ticket by DD?

I don’t get it... why would the club give you a refund for something, then make arrangements just for you to pay for it again?
Possibly because the lad desperately needs to get his hands on some cash now but still wants to retain his season ticket.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32526 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:37 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:21 pm
I take it that means that there is no direct Debit scheme for 21/22 season for anyone, and not just those in your situation.

If so, this could come back to bite them on the backside. Pretty poor from the club if that's the case.

I'm OK as I have just renewed mine for next season "on account" which of course uses the money that I left with the club.
I’m in the same position as you Funkydrummer but totally agree that not offering any form of direct debit (potentially 10 monthly payments rather than 12) will be a huge own goal from the club.

It’s also a serious concern that info is just being drip fed to us.

Simps

Post by Simps » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:38 pm

Every other season I can pay by direct debit, why not this next season?

In response to you Zlatan - “You paid already for a season ticket? But you want that amount refunded? So you can pay again for the same ticket by DD?”.....yes, I paid by direct debit, for a season I’m not going to see, and would like to do the same next season and have the money back for this season, again that I won’t see, claiming back money that’s rightfully mine.....what’s hard to understand?

I don’t gets what’s wrong with letting the DD, which is already in place, run on to pay for 22/23 season, like I have done for the past 25 years plus?

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3185 times
Has Liked: 1868 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:44 pm

I do see where Simps is coming from.

If I had the option of continuing with the DD payments for the 21/22 season, even at a high price, whilst getting the payments I had made for 20/21 season then I probably would, especially if I was paying for more than one ticket

By the time it comes around to setting up DD for 22/23 season, people will have “got use” to the money not coming out

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:50 pm

I sympathise with Simps - a bird in the hand, and all that. If you need the cash then you should be permitted to receive it without having the sword of damocles hanging over you.

Shameful practice with basically bullying tactics imo.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6955 times
Has Liked: 1480 times

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:06 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:50 pm
I sympathise with Simps - a bird in the hand, and all that. If you need the cash then you should be permitted to receive it without having the sword of damocles hanging over you.

Shameful practice with basically bullying tactics imo.
It's not really having the sword of Damocles hanging over you, or bullying tactics though is it. Simps could still get a full refund. The own-goal by the club is to not offer a direct debit option which I really don't understand, unless there is some logistical reason why this isn't practical that I'm not aware of.
This user liked this post: beddie

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:39 pm

I've contacted the club to ask if the content of the statement that there will be no DD option for 2021/2022 is correct. Will post again when I get a reply.

PS - Just at random I've looked at 6 other clubs and they are all offering 10 monthly or 4 monthly payment options, so seems strange if our club isn't/can't /won't offer similar!

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 519 times

Post by beddie » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:46 pm

Leisure. I mentioned recently whether a full refund could still be obtained. As it happens it won't be needed now as the money held on account will be used to renew, anyway just to clarify, the following just arrived from the ticket office team. Thank you for your help.

"There is no deadline to request the refund for the season ticket."

Kind regards,
Ticketing Team
This user liked this post: Leisure

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:48 pm

Simps wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:38 pm
Every other season I can pay by direct debit, why not this next season?

In response to you Zlatan - “You paid already for a season ticket? But you want that amount refunded? So you can pay again for the same ticket by DD?”.....yes, I paid by direct debit, for a season I’m not going to see, and would like to do the same next season and have the money back for this season, again that I won’t see, claiming back money that’s rightfully mine.....what’s hard to understand?

I don’t gets what’s wrong with letting the DD, which is already in place, run on to pay for 22/23 season, like I have done for the past 25 years plus?
Apologies if I seemed callous, that was not my intention. You still want the direct debit to run for the coming season, and I agree that others who didn’t continue it for the past 10 months for various reasons would like to have that option too and the club should be doing this for you and those fans. Your initial post did come across as you wanting the club to offer you a favour, and I apologise for responding how I did.

However, I’m sure that the DD hasn’t been running 25 years though.

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:57 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:48 pm
Apologies if I seemed callous, that was not my intention. You still want the direct debit to run for the coming season, and I agree that others who didn’t continue it for the past 10 months for various reasons would like to have that option too and the club should be doing this for you and those fans. Your initial post did come across as you wanting the club to offer you a favour, and I apologise for responding how I did.

However, I’m sure that the DD hasn’t been running 25 years though.
I bet it’s not far off - although the interest free option is relatively new, there has always been a “pay monthly” option

Simps

Post by Simps » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:01 pm

Thanks for the reply Zlatan.

I have effectively been a season ticket holder for over 25 years (aside from a stint in the press box where I didn’t need one) and have always paid direct debit when it has been available.

I just don’t see how basically letting a season ticket DD continue is unavailable, and letting me have my money back for a season I won’t see - they did it last season when I got my £94 quid back, why not this season

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:10 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:57 pm
I bet it’s not far off - although the interest free option is relatively new, there has always been a “pay monthly” option
The direct debit option was introduced by Dave Baldwin ahead of the 2016/17 season. In the previous season he’d arranged a standing order because the DD couldn’t be set up in time.

Prior to that you were only able to stage the payments by signing up to a credit agreement with an external company. I don’t think it was 12 payments, if memory serves me right there were two different options but it was subject to credit payments on top and was not a direct debit.

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:32 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:10 pm
The direct debit option was introduced by Dave Baldwin ahead of the 2016/17 season. In the previous season he’d arranged a standing order because the DD couldn’t be set up in time.

Prior to that you were only able to stage the payments by signing up to a credit agreement with an external company. I don’t think it was 12 payments, if memory serves me right there were two different options but it was subject to credit payments on top and was not a direct debit.
I know direct debits & standing orders are not the same thing, was assuming simps (maybe incorrectly) was just meaning a “monthly payment”

It was Zebra finance and I think it was over either 4 or 10 months.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:38 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:32 pm
I know direct debits & standing orders are not the same thing, was assuming simps (maybe incorrectly) was just meaning a “monthly payment”

It was Zebra finance and I think it was over either 4 or 10 months.
I think it was with a couple of different companies over time but Zebra was definitely one of them. Four and ten months sounds about right to me.

dsr
Been Liked: 4577 times
Has Liked: 2268 times

Post by dsr » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:57 pm

Simps wrote:

Are they saying that if you turn up at the ticket office to buy one, they will turn you away?

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:08 pm

dsr wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:57 pm
Are they saying that if you turn up at the ticket office to buy one, they will turn you away?
That begs the question - is the ticket office open to anyone yet ?

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:12 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:08 pm
Not at the moment. I have asked the question as to what happens if someone doesn't have access to a computer? Especially if purchase is online only! Still awaiting a response.

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:06 pm
It's not really having the sword of Damocles hanging over you, or bullying tactics though is it. Simps could still get a full refund. The own-goal by the club is to not offer a direct debit option which I really don't understand, unless there is some logistical reason why this isn't practical that I'm not aware of.
I must admit, I was a little over the top with those statements but the club's handling of
of the whole season ticket affair has been pretty poor to say the least. I realise that it isn't a simple
problem with all the different scenarios that are out there, but as CT has said, the dribbling of little
snippets of information over time has been pretty appalling to be fair.

I have to say that non of this has really affected me as I have been fortunate to be able to leave my
money with the club for this season and transfer it to next season. The people I feel sorry for and have sympathy with
are the ones that really need the money to continue living by virtue of their financial situation with, say young
families or who are out of work/on short time because of the pandemic.

The club's understanding of the plight of some of the fanbase seems to be lacking somewhat.

Come on board, sort it out please.

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:23 pm

Leisure wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:12 pm
Not at the moment. I have asked the question as to what happens if someone doesn't have access to a computer? Especially if purchase is online only! Still awaiting a response.
I bet they love you Leisure !!! :lol: :lol:

Keep up the good work mate.

Cardclaret
Been Liked: 22 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Cardclaret » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:25 pm

I have been paying by DD. Do I need to do anything for next season or will the season ticket cards auto move to 21/22 season. Been on website but after 30mins of frustration I am no clearer. Do I need to do anything. Thanks for any advice

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:33 pm

Cardclaret wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:25 pm
I have been paying by DD. Do I need to do anything for next season or will the season ticket cards auto move to 21/22 season. Been on website but after 30mins of frustration I am no clearer. Do I need to do anything. Thanks for any advice
You need to buy your season ticket using credit from your account. The instructions are all on the tickets site, and I managed t o follow them OK. There’s also a lot of advice on this thread too. Good luck

dsr

Post by dsr » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:35 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:
I believe it opens on April 12th. Certainly before the single week window in May, where people caught by the early bird/lockdown overlap can buy theirs.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:39 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 pm
I must admit, I was a little over the top with those statements but the club's handling of
of the whole season ticket affair has been pretty poor to say the least. I realise that it isn't a simple
problem with all the different scenarios that are out there, but as CT has said, the dribbling of little
snippets of information over time has been pretty appalling to be fair.

I have to say that non of this has really affected me as I have been fortunate to be able to leave my
money with the club for this season and transfer it to next season. The people I feel sorry for and have sympathy with
are the ones that really need the money to continue living by virtue of their financial situation with, say young
families or who are out of work/on short time because of the pandemic.

The club's understanding of the plight of some of the fanbase seems to be lacking somewhat.

Come on board, sort it out please.
Obviously the pandemic and the uncertainty about when football fans will be attending again has played a major role in the situation that we're in. A change in ownership bringing new ideas to the table is also the other major factor. I don't really have any issues generally with how the situation has been dealt with and as ever there will be some people who feel hard done to as there's no solution to please everybody. However, I am very disappointed if a direct debit option isn't made available for new/lapsed ST holders as I think this will put off a substantial number of people - particularly those who buy numerous tickets for their family. For something that you'd imagine would be fairly easy to set up this just seems like a massive own-goal. I'd be interested to hear the reason behind this decision.

As for the snippets of information, in fairness we are receiving these snippets because supporters are raising questions with the club who appear to be happy enough to respond to. That information is then being relayed on here. The club have announced that they will be making a further announcement in the coming weeks which should answer all outstanding issues. I presume there are some things to work through at their end. Alternatively they could just refuse to answer the fans who are bombarding them with questions, although I suspect that would be cause for more complaint.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:51 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:38 pm
I think it was with a couple of different companies over time but Zebra was definitely one of them. Four and ten months sounds about right to me.
Of the 6 clubs that I mentioned earlier, they were all using V12 Finance. One of the clubs was offering 10 payments with an 8% finance charge or 4 payments with no added costs. Another was offering 0% interest but with a 3.95% admin. fee.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:00 pm

Cardclaret wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:25 pm
You need to link your accounts and then use the monies being held on you Account to renew.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:07 pm

Leisure wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:39 pm
I've contacted the club to ask if the content of the statement that there will be no DD option for 2021/2022 is correct. Will post again when I get a reply.
I've had an initial response from the club which, from the content, sounds as though what has been sent out isn't a formal club policy/decision on 2021/22 direct debit options for all fans. It may have been a poorly worded response to the query from Simps. I'm now seeking further clarification and will post again on receipt of that.

Stevie2112
Been Liked: 151 times

Post by Stevie2112 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:49 pm

Leisure wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:00 pm
You need to link your accounts and then use the monies being held on you Account to renew.
My son has tried this numerous times,and has come up with his on account having nothing in it.He emailed the club,to clarify if his ticket money had gone into this account,as it is showing he has bought a ticket for this season,but nothing confirmed yet.Will let you know of the outcome.

yorkyclaret
Been Liked: 246 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by yorkyclaret » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:04 pm

Stevie2112 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:49 pm
My son has tried this numerous times,and has come up with his on account having nothing in it.He emailed the club,to clarify if his ticket money had gone into this account,as it is showing he has bought a ticket for this season,but nothing confirmed yet.Will let you know of the outcome.
Let me know how he get's on with that please, I am in the same position.

Stevie2112
Been Liked: 151 times

Post by Stevie2112 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:02 pm

yorkyclaret wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:04 pm
Let me know how he get's on with that please, I am in the same position.
Will do

chipbutty
Been Liked: 136 times
Has Liked: 132 times

Post by chipbutty » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:48 am

Funkydrummer wrote:
Not being funny, but surely under current regulations you know that the ticket office won't be open for customers till 12th April

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 348 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:54 am

Leisure wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:07 pm
I've had an initial response from the club which, from the content, sounds as though what has been sent out isn't a formal club policy/decision on 2021/22 direct debit options for all fans. It may have been a poorly worded response to the query from Simps. I'm now seeking further clarification and will post again on receipt of that.
The fact that fans of a Premier League club are having to come on an unofficial message board to be drip fed ticketing policy by Leisure is poor. No reflection on Leisure who has kindly taken it upon himself to act as go between but my point is the role shouldn’t be needed. Yes the situation is complex and people will have individual circumstances, but regularly updating the FAQs on the club website with issues such as DD payments isn’t much to ask!
This user liked this post: Claret Till I Die

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3603 times
Has Liked: 1032 times

Post by jedi_master » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:17 am

Just did it this morning, seemed painless renewing me and my Dad’s season tickets via the online portal. I often find the clubs systems very confusing and hugely outdated but this was a swift and simple transaction, in my humble opinion...!

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:22 am

FeedTheArf wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:54 am
The fact that fans of a Premier League club are having to come on an unofficial message board to be drip fed ticketing policy by Leisure is poor. No reflection on Leisure who has kindly taken it upon himself to act as go between but my point is the role shouldn’t be needed. Yes the situation is complex and people will have individual circumstances, but regularly updating the FAQs on the club website with issues such as DD payments isn’t much to ask!
The club could certainly be more forthcoming with clear, detailed information. My involvement is through the Burnley FC Supporters Group, which represents our supporters clubs and our fans in general, and on which I represent Accrington Clarets. My designated role within the Group is to deal with ticketing issues, hence my regular posting on ticketing threads on here.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:44 am

FeedTheArf wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:54 am
Prices and Direct Debit options are currently being finalised and more information will be released in due course. - BFC, 7 days ago.

Perhaps fans could just show a tiny bit of patience and allow the club time to release the outstanding information as promised.

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:55 am

Has anybody else had an issue with the amount they have available not totalling the amount paid by DD?

My brothers is showing 1 payment short even though he’s paid 12. He’s sent an email to club but waiting reply
Attachments
1DCBE3BB-99A0-4F90-BC28-3AE1C0D8E66A.jpeg
1DCBE3BB-99A0-4F90-BC28-3AE1C0D8E66A.jpeg (171.12 KiB) Viewed 2851 times
8DDCCEC9-6A82-4B7D-AD63-5616241CB517.jpeg
8DDCCEC9-6A82-4B7D-AD63-5616241CB517.jpeg (81.12 KiB) Viewed 2851 times

Simps

Post by Simps » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:07 pm

"Prices and Direct Debit options are currently being finalised and more information will be released in due course. - BFC, 7 days ago.

Perhaps fans could just show a tiny bit of patience and allow the club time to release the outstanding information as promised."

So why then, Rileybobs, did the club email me with the words:

"Unfortunately, due to the complexity of this season, we wont be running the direct debit scheme. All season tickets are to be paid for online and in full.

"We will re-introduce the direct debit scheme for the following 22/23 season."

You see where the system falls down?

Eyres_11
Been Liked: 73 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Eyres_11 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:13 pm

Simps wrote:

Wow. What a joke.

Not only do they put prices up but then take away this option, have the new owners even done any research? We are fast becoming a joke club, £1m in 2 windows as well :lol:

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:13 pm

Simps wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:07 pm
"Prices and Direct Debit options are currently being finalised and more information will be released in due course. - BFC, 7 days ago.

Perhaps fans could just show a tiny bit of patience and allow the club time to release the outstanding information as promised."

So why then, Rileybobs, did the club email me with the words:

"Unfortunately, due to the complexity of this season, we wont be running the direct debit scheme. All season tickets are to be paid for online and in full.

"We will re-introduce the direct debit scheme for the following 22/23 season."

You see where the system falls down?
The system falls down because people are requesting information from the club who are assisting with their queries. When the club have finalised their plans for prices and payment options they will release a statement. They’re not drip feeding information, they’re replying to individual queries. To be honest it seems like it would be in their best interest to offer no assistance and reply to all queries with

Prices and Direct Debit options are currently being finalised and more information will be released in due course.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:16 pm

I am sure there is some relevance somewhere with removing the direct debit option for the next 12 months and previous transfer window spends.

Eyres_11
Been Liked: 73 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Eyres_11 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:23 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:16 pm
I am sure there is some relevance somewhere with removing the direct debit option for the next 12 months and previous transfer window spends.
How a club can spend £1m in 2 transfer windows, then have the cheek to take away the DD option AND increase prices for people who got a refund is beyond me.

I'll just pick and chose my games. If I want an away ticket one I will be able to get one anyway through people I know with season tickets.

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:29 pm

I wonder if they are keeping a weather ear open for fan reaction before fixing the price? Like government policy - fly a rumour to see how it will be taken.

They still haven't said what sort of price increase they are thinking of. When sales stopped, prices were still £455 (Bob Lord) early bird. Are they now thinking that early bird has finished and the price will be £580 + increase, so over £600? One third increase? If so, they might lose a lot. Or are they thinking £455 plus smallish rise, perhaps £485? Anyone whose only option is to buy a ticket during week commencing 17th May would no doubt appreciate getting formal notification of whether a DD will be allowed and how much it will be.