Season Ticket Question

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Re: Season Ticket Question

Post by Dark Cloud » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:29 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:29 pm
Read the article DC ... you NEED to renew using the monies you have on account that you have paid by direct debit ...
https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/con ... 1-renewals
Many thanks chaps. Sorted!! :)
This user liked this post: Bosscat

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:34 pm

Grumps wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:01 pm
I can guarantee you 100% she won't be doing that at every burnley away game :D :D
Sue she’s called but she moved on soon after. It’s how most English clubs do tickets for European games.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12362 times

Post by Leisure » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:39 pm

Loyalclaret wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:20 pm
Messaged 10 friends who have season tickets saying they need to renew by the 23rd, honestly didn't know myself until reading this thread this evening.

3 had done it, 1 had tried but failed to complete the change of online accounts, 1 had heard it was faff but hadn't tried, 1 took the money back and the others thought like me they automatically renewed.

Hope the club don't mind some hand-holding and increased communication on this
I've just forwarded this onto the club, as it should be quite worrying for them.

Stevie2112
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 473 times

Post by Stevie2112 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:19 pm

yorkyclaret wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:04 pm
Let me know how he get's on with that please, I am in the same position.
We emailed the club,and they found that we had set up the season tickets on a different clarets number than we knew about,from earlier transactions.As soon as we had this different number,we got the tickets no problem.Maybe this happened to you too?

yorkyclaret
Been Liked: 246 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by yorkyclaret » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:38 pm

Thanks but don't think that could be it. Keep trying to get somewhere (but rapidly getting fed up of it) I get to 'You have no season ticket renewals to add to your shopping basket
There are no items in the basket'
Left last seasons money with the club as it was to be rolled over if necessary, why can't they just stick to what they say?

Burt
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by Burt » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:29 am

Leisure wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:39 pm
I've just forwarded this onto the club, as it should be quite worrying for them.
Same issue here, first we knew ( 3 of us ) was reading it on this thread

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:03 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:34 pm
Sue she’s called but she moved on soon after. It’s how most English clubs do tickets for European games.
By default, if you were in a foreign city collecting your ticket, you would have your passport with you, having needing it to enter that country, not something you need to travel to burnley games in this country.
I know of two people, one elderly, one in their 40s,who attend turf moor but have no photo ID.

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:15 am

Would the elderly person, presumably state pension age, not have a bus pass? They would be able to use that as photo ID.

Not sure about the person in their 40's. If they don't have a driving licence perhaps they might consider getting a provisional licence just for the purpose of ID. Just a thought.

NellyDBFC
Been Liked: 26 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by NellyDBFC » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am

Has the club/ticket office offered an option to cancel next season's ticket ie...A refund for those who have fully paid up for next season but now face a different set of circumstances weather that be financially or due to so much uncertainty regarding next season's operations regarding supporter's. ?

So much uncertainty....

Reduced capacity...ultimately leading to so form of short straw, long straw.
Possible Vacine passports....or some form of pre-match testing.
No mention of away fans as yet.
Will the concourse be available at half time

Ect....

It comes across as a bit strong that the club have set a end of April deadline to renew when ultimately as fans we have no idea what we are paying a full price upfront for regarding next season.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:51 am

Grumps wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:03 am

I know of two people, one elderly, one in their 40s,who attend turf moor but have no photo ID.
I can believe that although a bus pass will act as photo id for anyone who has one.

Not too long ago we were told in a meeting by Neil Hart that all entry to our ground would only be by tickets on a phone or print at home. When asked about people who didn't have those facilities he suggested that was their problem.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:57 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:51 am
I can believe that although a bus pass will act as photo id for anyone who has one.

Not too long ago we were told in a meeting by Neil Hart that all entry to our ground would only be by tickets on a phone or print at home. When asked about people who didn't have those facilities he suggested that was their problem.
Not just in football, but business needs to realise that there is a big chunk of the population who don't have access to the Internet, own smart phones etc. I have to admit I found it surprising the 40 Yr old didn't have anything, but has never driven, and his passport has run out, doesn't qualify for a buss pass, is self employed so doesn't have a work pass... He Carnt be the only one

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:01 am

Targetman wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:15 am
Would the elderly person, presumably state pension age, not have a bus pass? They would be able to use that as photo ID.

Not sure about the person in their 40's. If they don't have a driving licence perhaps they might consider getting a provisional licence just for the purpose of ID. Just a thought.
No bus pass. Maybe the time is coming where they need to get something, but it was just an example that not everyone has photo ID at present.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6900 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:04 am

NellyDBFC wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am
Has the club/ticket office offered an option to cancel next season's ticket ie...A refund for those who have fully paid up for next season but now face a different set of circumstances weather that be financially or due to so much uncertainty regarding next season's operations regarding supporter's. ?

So much uncertainty....

Reduced capacity...ultimately leading to so form of short straw, long straw.
Possible Vacine passports....or some form of pre-match testing.
No mention of away fans as yet.
Will the concourse be available at half time

Ect....

It comes across as a bit strong that the club have set a end of April deadline to renew when ultimately as fans we have no idea what we are paying a full price upfront for regarding next season.
By June 21st the plan is to lift all limits on social contact. So if things go to plan we will have full stadiums with away fans and open concourses as we did before.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:15 am

NellyDBFC wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am
Yes, you can get a refund.

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:39 am

My partner tried to renew her season ticket "on account" last night but wasn't able to log on as it
didn't recognise the log on details. So she tried to "reset" her password - to do this you have to
enter your email address and she got the message that they don't have any record of that address, despite
her getting regular emails from them to that same address !!!!!!!

She has emailed the club for help. We await with bated breath. ;)

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:18 am

On the old system, when you bought tickets, you could sign in with an email address or your Clarets number.
Now you can only sign in to your account with your email address, so if you logged on using your Clarets number - all your details are now lost.

Every time BFC have anything to do with IT - why does it fall apart

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:22 am

Grumps wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:57 am
Not just in football, but business needs to realise that there is a big chunk of the population who don't have access to the Internet, own smart phones etc. I have to admit I found it surprising the 40 Yr old didn't have anything, but has never driven, and his passport has run out, doesn't qualify for a buss pass, is self employed so doesn't have a work pass... He Carnt be the only one
He won't be the only one and those people shouldn't be treated any differently to those who do have them.

On the subject of older people, I recall the Supporters Club running a trip to Ireland (Cork in 2013 I think it was) and there were two ladies who wanted to go but had never driven, never had passports or anything like that. Because they were sailing they were allowed to use their bus passes.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:27 am

SalisburyClaret wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:18 am
On the old system, when you bought tickets, you could sign in with an email address or your Clarets number.
Now you can only sign in to your account with your email address, so if you logged on using your Clarets number - all your details are now lost.

Every time BFC have anything to do with IT - why does it fall apart

I always used to log in to buy tickets using my clarets number, just tried and said not recognised. Used the email address the send ticket confirmations to when purchasing and let me log in using that and my original password. Once logged in all details are still there.
This user liked this post: SalisburyClaret

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:51 am

Have now managed to log on - I tried an old Clarets Player login (not the current valid one) and that worked!
Later in the process, it asks for your Clarets number as a second login
Tried to add my Daughter as Friends and Family - doesn't like her Clarets Number, her surname or her postcode!
Looks like the site is in Beta - it's as secure as a broken lock

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:23 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:04 am
By June 21st the plan is to lift all limits on social contact. So if things go to plan we will have full stadiums with away fans and open concourses as we did before.
The government are already hinting at moving the goalposts over this by talking about vaccine passports etc. Sorry for bringing politics into it but the poster who raised it had a valid point.
The club are asking people to buy a season ticket when they have no idea what terms and conditions could apply.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:29 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:23 pm
The government are already hinting at moving the goalposts over this by talking about vaccine passports etc. Sorry for bringing politics into it but the poster who raised it had a valid point.
The club are asking people to buy a season ticket when they have no idea what terms and conditions could apply.
Of course the situation may change, but we have to presume that the season tickets will carry the same terms and conditions as before the pandemic. If people don't want to buy a ticket because they're concerned about scenarios such as vaccine passports then they can wait until closer to the beginning of the season to make their decision.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:31 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:29 pm
Of course the situation may change, but we have to presume that the season tickets will carry the same terms and conditions as before the pandemic. If people don't want to buy a ticket because they're concerned about scenarios such as vaccine passports then they can wait until closer to the beginning of the season to make their decision.
But then the club might move the goalposts again and put the price up again. If there is to be an early bird period, you can bet it won't last much longer than the initial week of sales.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:49 pm

dsr wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:31 pm
But then the club might move the goalposts again and put the price up again. If there is to be an early bird period, you can bet it won't last much longer than the initial week of sales.
The prices for new ST holders and those still to renew is still to be announced. Why would the club then rise prices again if the covid situation changes things? Last season we were refunded for missed matches on a pro-rata basis, and it's pretty much a given that the same would apply should we not be able to attend matches next season.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:57 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:49 pm
The prices for new ST holders and those still to renew is still to be announced. Why would the club then rise prices again if the covid situation changes things? Last season we were refunded for missed matches on a pro-rata basis, and it's pretty much a given that the same would apply should we not be able to attend matches next season.
Sorry Riley but the first line of your post is not correct. For those renewing in Phase 1 the price is already set at this year's price. For those renewing in Phase 2 and new applicants, their price has still to be announced.

dsr

Post by dsr » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:02 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:49 pm
In most years there is an early bird period after which prices go up. Might this not be true again?

Yearofthefox
Been Liked: 16 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Yearofthefox » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:22 pm

I have email the ticket office with a question but no reponse as yet.

If i renew my season ticket in my normal seat from my account money can i move my seat after the stages are complete and other spare seats are available again?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:23 pm

Yearofthefox wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:22 pm
I have email the ticket office with a question but no reponse as yet.

If i renew my season ticket in my normal seat from my account money can i move my seat after the stages are complete and other spare seats are available again?
It might be a seat swap hour this year

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:28 pm

Leisure wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:57 pm
Sorry Riley but the first line of your post is not correct. For those renewing in Phase 1 the price is already set at this year's price. For those renewing in Phase 2 and new applicants, their price has still to be announced.
Apologies, I worded that incorrectly. I meant to say that the price is yet to be announced for new ST holders and those yet to renew who don't have the credit rolled over from this season.
This user liked this post: Leisure

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:29 pm

dsr wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:02 pm
In most years there is an early bird period after which prices go up. Might this not be true again?
I'm not sure. I guess they could have an early bird period for new and lapsed ST holders. But I don't understand what relevance this has to the potential affects of Covid on attendance next season?

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Darthlaw » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:38 pm

Isnt there 3 phases of sales / renewals:

Phase 1 - Folk who renewed / continued their DD payment and did not take a refund.

Phase 2 - Those who did not renew in the 'early bird period' and those who took a refund or cancelled their DD's

Phase 3 - New sales of ST's.

I would Imagine there will be three levels, to match each phase.

Phase 1. Price freeze from last season.
Phase 2. Small increase around 10% on last years early bird.
Phase 3. 10% increase on last years full pricing.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:53 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:38 pm

Phase 1 - Folk who renewed / continued their DD payment and did not take a refund.

Phase 2 - Those who did not renew in the 'early bird period' and those who took a refund or cancelled their DD's

Those are the 3 phases but the club have still to announce prices for 2 and 3 and whether or not there will be a DD/installment option.

rats
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by rats » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:00 pm

A lot more comments than season tickets !

dsr

Post by dsr » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:08 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:29 pm
I'm not sure. I guess they could have an early bird period for new and lapsed ST holders. But I don't understand what relevance this has to the potential affects of Covid on attendance next season?
It's this.
Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:29 pm
If people don't want to buy a ticket because they're concerned about scenarios such as vaccine passports then they can wait until closer to the beginning of the season to make their decision.
If people don't want to buy a ticket because of coronavirus worries, then whether or not there is an early bird period will make a difference to how long they can wait.

dsr

Post by dsr » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:10 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:38 pm

Which would give Bob Lord full prices of:

Phase 1 = £455
Phase 2 = £500
Phase 3 = £640

I wouldn't categorise a £45 increase as small, especially as other people who chose to pay a different way don't have to pay it.

simonclaret
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 3596 times

Post by simonclaret » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:11 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:23 pm
It might be a seat swap hour this year
There could be some decent seats free that haven't been available for some time.
This user liked this post: Leisure

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:28 pm

dsr wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:08 pm
It's this.

If people don't want to buy a ticket because of coronavirus worries, then whether or not there is an early bird period will make a difference to how long they can wait.
But you said the club could move the goalposts again. Having an early bird period is not moving the goalposts. If the club decide to introduce an early bird period for new and lapsed ST holders then purchasing a ticket in this period will obviously carry more of a risk than purchasing one the day before the season starts. Similarly in normal times when we buy an early bird season ticket we are unsure what level of football we are paying to watch.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Darthlaw » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:57 pm

dsr wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:10 pm
Which would give Bob Lord full prices of:

Phase 1 = £455
Phase 2 = £500
Phase 3 = £640

I wouldn't categorise a £45 increase as small, especially as other people who chose to pay a different way don't have to pay it.
I'd agree, however it wouldn't surprise me to see such a pricing strategy.

rufus lumley
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by rufus lumley » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:22 pm

I'm going for
Phase 1 £455.00
Phase 2 $455.00
Phase 3 $475.50

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:51 pm

TBH I am giving up the will to live, I was assured yesterday my issue was sorted etc, tried to log in this morning doesn't recognise my email the email address they contacted me with to say the issue I have been having is sorted. Very annoying the staff seem to be doing their best but the website appears to be garbage.
Excruciating times 😕 .

Eloise Laws
Been Liked: 321 times
Has Liked: 249 times

Post by Eloise Laws » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:57 pm

It took a few emails, but someone from the office helped out and we finally have got our tickets renewed.
I was told they have a lot of emails to work through from people like us who were affected by gremlins in the system, and they are doing their best.
Hopefully everyone will be sorted ASAP.

Now my next question.....will there be a seat swap period ??

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:08 pm

Eloise Laws wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:57 pm
It took a few emails, but someone from the office helped out and we finally have got our tickets renewed.
I was told they have a lot of emails to work through from people like us who were affected by gremlins in the system, and they are doing their best.
Hopefully everyone will be sorted ASAP.

Now my next question.....will there be a seat swap period ??
Let’s hope they get through them all by the 23rd then

Simps
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by Simps » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:42 pm

Update from the club for those interested:

“We are currently reviewing the pay over time option for future phases, during the first phase of renewals there will not be the option to pay for a season ticket by direct debit. This may be reviewed for supporters who did not renew, or would like to purchase a new season ticket.

“When we offered supporters the opportunity to continue to pay for their season tickets this was under the understanding that these fund would be used to renew their seat, this was clearly publicised at the time. There is no dispute that you are entitled to your money back in full. If you would like to obtain your money back in full could you please confirm, and then I will be able to provide you with some instructions on how to do this. The refund would then be in your chosen bank account within 3-5 working days. However, it was made very clear that we are not able to guarantee the option to pay for a season ticket by direct debit this season.”

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:49 pm

Simps wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:42 pm
Update from the club for those interested:

“We are currently reviewing the pay over time option for future phases, during the first phase of renewals there will not be the option to pay for a season ticket by direct debit. This may be reviewed for supporters who did not renew, or would like to purchase a new season ticket.

“When we offered supporters the opportunity to continue to pay for their season tickets this was under the understanding that these fund would be used to renew their seat, this was clearly publicised at the time. There is no dispute that you are entitled to your money back in full. If you would like to obtain your money back in full could you please confirm, and then I will be able to provide you with some instructions on how to do this. The refund would then be in your chosen bank account within 3-5 working days. However, it was made very clear that we are not able to guarantee the option to pay for a season ticket by direct debit this season.”
Has this been sent to you individually from the club in response to your query?

Simps

Post by Simps » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:52 pm

Yes Leisure, this afternoon

mikeS
Been Liked: 650 times
Has Liked: 25 times

Post by mikeS » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:56 pm

After problems on Tuesday the club replied on Wednesday and I then needed a password reset. The information on their email says “if you don’t receive it in 30 minutes contact the ticket office.”
That was Wednesday. Today’s Friday and still no email confirming they’ve reset the password.
Tried phoning to no avail and the ticket office only opens from 10-3. Great

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:00 pm

Simps wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:52 pm
Yes Leisure, this afternoon
Cheers. So basically what they're saying is that you can withdraw your money and then, as a lapsed ST holder, you would then be able to renew (with DD if the club are offering that payment option) in Phase 2. But as the cost details haven't yet been released for that Phase, you may end up paying more. Also, I think that we can now completely ignore the content of your earlier email from the club.

Simps

Post by Simps » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:09 pm

They’ve concentrated more on the fact I can have my money back, rather than answering the fact they’re holding me to ransom to use the lump sum to buy another season ticket, or pay more.

I’ll reiterate what I said earlier - why they can’t just let the current direct debit roll on is beyond me - they did it last time, and refunded me £94 ish - so what’s the difference this time?

I’m happy to wait two weeks while all this gets ironed out, until the end of the current Phase 1, but I’m seriously considering telling them to swing, and not renewing - nobody likes being held to ransom, which is what it feels like they’re doing

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:27 pm

Simps wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:09 pm
They’ve concentrated more on the fact I can have my money back, rather than answering the fact they’re holding me to ransom to use the lump sum to buy another season ticket, or pay more.

I’ll reiterate what I said earlier - why they can’t just let the current direct debit roll on is beyond me - they did it last time, and refunded me £94 ish - so what’s the difference this time?

I’m happy to wait two weeks while all this gets ironed out, until the end of the current Phase 1, but I’m seriously considering telling them to swing, and not renewing - nobody likes being held to ransom, which is what it feels like they’re doing
Sorry but can't see how you're being held to ransom by the club. You're the only person who I've come across who now wants to take their money out and then still renew but using DD. To be fair to the club, if they did that for you, you would be the only person on a 12 payments direct debit for next season. Fans were clearly told that if they took their money out there was no guarantee that a DD option would be available for them. Although, I would hope, and expect, that some form of DD option will be made available for Phase 2 and 3 purchases, probably over 10 months and/or 4 months.
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan Bosscat

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:59 pm

Simps wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:09 pm
Because they aren't a bank. What you want them to do isn't to provide a football ticket - which is their line of business - you are wanting them to provide you with an interest free loan, which is not their business.
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan Bosscat

yosserhughes
Been Liked: 36 times
Has Liked: 363 times

Post by yosserhughes » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:53 pm

Hiya guys

Does anybody know when the ticket office re-opens, tried to log into my account and it says log-in details not recognized.

Cheers