Making their mark - Amazon

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
steve1264b
Been Liked: 160 times

Making their mark - Amazon

Post by steve1264b » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:19 pm

I watched the new series Making their mark on Amazon.

It is a behind the scenes look at Aussie Rules Football during the last season.

I thought it was more interesting than the All Or Nothing series that have previously aired.

The interesting thing for me was that the team that won had in my opinion the best coach verbally.The way he talked to the players, the way he phrased his expectations was very good and on one occasion quite moving.

I won't spoil the ending but i googled the coach and he had been on the verge of getting sacked after a poor season.He then went on an intensive week long leadership program at Harvard where he met global business leaders. It made him realise that the way he dealt with defeat had made him a micro manager and this was affecting his relationship with players and coaches.

Instead of hiding away after a defeat he forced himself out of the house every Sunday to meet the public.

It made me think about us and if i remember correctly that one reason Sean got the job was that he had done a management course and could draw upon those experiences.

Ive heard our manager say he never confronted players about mistakes, and Joey Barton talked about the difference in our dressing room at halftime than other clubs he had been at.

I would be interested in others view on this and would they prioritise education in management over previous playing experience when assessing a new managerial appointment?