Eddie Howe

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
EarbyClaret
Been Liked: 499 times

Re: Eddie Howe

Post by EarbyClaret » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:53 pm

When names linked have included Keane and Lambert - Howe would be a significant upgrade based on recent managerial level and achievement

Think Palace see Lampard as Hodgson's successor so if Celtic are genuinely interested it would be too big an opportunity for Eddie to ignore

Good luck to him if he gets the job

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:13 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:33 pm
He took Bournemouth from the bottom of the 4th tier to the Premier League within 10 years and even had time to clear out the mess Laws left at our club and sign a list of young players who would play a massive part in our future success.

With that in mind I reckon he fancies his chances of winning a two horse race and Im sure the Celtic fans will be thankful to get such a proven manager with the pull and finances of the SPL these days
He spent his way up with Maxim Denims money for which they even fell foul of the FFP.

He was awful with us we went from league favourites to bottom half makeweights in one season under Howe. Serious regression Laws was getting better results and we were playing better football under Laws aswell.

Little Eddie will fail at Celtic he’s too soft for the old Firm cauldron anyway.
This user liked this post: Woodleyclaret

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32528 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:25 pm

Steve1956 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:51 pm
All set to be named Celtic manager is the buzz up here....has his wife divorced him? :o
Rest assured his departure from Burnley had nothing to do with his wife

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:39 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:25 pm
Rest assured his departure from Burnley had nothing to do with his wife
Further information relating to that - please see attached.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/eddie-howe ... urnemouth/

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3863 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:40 pm

I've seen a few Celtic fans question Howe's appointment.

He has to be better than Neil Lennon in anyone's eyes.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:03 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:39 pm
Further information relating to that - please see attached.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/eddie-howe ... urnemouth/
I know it came about because of his mum’s death. That left the family with a problem which I won’t comment on because it’s not right to, but he believed he needed to be back down there to deal with it.

I don’t know the situation now in terms of the family issue. I can only assume that a resolution of a kind has been found for him to consider moving to Celtic.

It’s no secret that I didn’t like him or his football but I said at the time and my view hasn’t changed that I fully respect him for choosing to return to Bournemouth because of the circumstances.

Why anyone ever thought it was to do with his wife I don’t know but when the reasons aren’t, and shouldn’t, be made public then people will speculate.
These 2 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 evensteadiereddie

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:48 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:03 pm
I know it came about because of his mum’s death. That left the family with a problem which I won’t comment on because it’s not right to, but he believed he needed to be back down there to deal with it.

I don’t know the situation now in terms of the family issue. I can only assume that a resolution of a kind has been found for him to consider moving to Celtic.

It’s no secret that I didn’t like him or his football but I said at the time and my view hasn’t changed that I fully respect him for choosing to return to Bournemouth because of the circumstances.

Why anyone ever thought it was to do with his wife I don’t know but when the reasons aren’t, and shouldn’t, be made public then people will speculate.
Was it that bad he would have left, had the Bournemouth job not been available though?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:17 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:48 pm
Was it that bad he would have left, had the Bournemouth job not been available though?
I’d assume not but when it did then it fell in his favour given his circumstances

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:29 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:17 pm
I’d assume not but when it did then it fell in his favour given his circumstances
My thoughts exactly... No Bournemouth job... No move.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:56 pm

You do realise the reason he wanted to leave Burnley and go back to Bournemouth was for family reasons and had it not been for those circumstances he wouldnt have left Burnley when he did

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:58 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:56 pm
You do realise the reason he wanted to leave Burnley and go back to Bournemouth was for family reasons and had it not been for those circumstances he wouldnt have left Burnley when he did
I think he would still have left for Bournemouth, family problems or not, and he wouldn't have left Burnley had the Bournemouth job not be available, family problems or not

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:07 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:58 pm
I think he would still have left for Bournemouth, family problems or not.
Thats up to you and you are free to think that but thats not what anyone said or reported at the time or since so I'll stick to the facts that are known rather than making up my own assumptions.

Like most things nothing can be known for certain and you could be correct but to state people are gullible for choosing to believe the reasons given by both Howe and our directors at the time and since is a bit silly really

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:11 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:07 pm
Thats up to you and you are free to think that but thats not what anyone said or reported at the time or since so I'll stick to the facts that are known rather than making up my own assumptions.

Like most things nothing can be known for certain and you could be correct but to state people are gullible for choosing to believe the reasons given by both Howe and our directors at the time and since is a bit silly really
Whatever.. ......

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:24 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:58 pm
I think he would still have left for Bournemouth, family problems or not, and he wouldn't have left Burnley had the Bournemouth job not be available, family problems or not
I don’t think he’d have moved but for the family issues but we will never know. What would he have done had the Bournemouth job not come up? Again we don’t know but I think he would have been looking for a move closer to home.

The other thing is that his position was very much under review at Burnley.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2011 times
Has Liked: 2910 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:32 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:24 pm
I don’t think he’d have moved but for the family issues but we will never know. What would he have done had the Bournemouth job not come up? Again we don’t know but I think he would have been looking for a move closer to home.

That is honestly my memory of it. When news broke that he was leaving I wasn’t surprised... I was only surprised it was his decision. As I’ve said many times fans forget how utterly out of our depth we looked on the field. I think it was an out worked out between all parties, a face saving out and a new start, as I did at the time.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:34 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:24 pm

Very much under review. I had a conversation with two, then directors of the club shortly after he left. Their opinion is that he would have moved to Bournemouth no matter what, and certainly his tenure at Burnley was under threat at that time.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:36 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:34 pm
Very much under review. I had a conversation with two, then directors of the club shortly after he left. Their opinion is that he would have moved to Bournemouth no matter what, and certainly his tenure at Burnley was under threat at that time.
His position was under threat and Garlick once told me that Howe never wanted to be at Burnley. He wasn't the most honest of people to be fair but he didn't tell me about the family situation. I honestly don't know what he would have done had he not got a move back to the south.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:36 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:34 pm
His position was under threat and Garlick once told me that Howe never wanted to be at Burnley. He wasn't the most honest of people to be fair but he didn't tell me about the family situation. I honestly don't know what he would have done had he not got a move back to the south.
This user liked this post: Grumps

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1404 times

Post by Aclaret » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:43 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:36 pm
" Howe never wanted to be at Burnley " ?
So why was he here ?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:44 pm

Aclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:43 pm
" Howe never wanted to be at Burnley " ?
So why was he here ?
I said that's what Garlick told me - it was at the club AGM just after Dyche had arrived.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3163 times
Has Liked: 6754 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:04 pm

Well "never" is obviously rubbish or he would never have applied for or accepted the job.
How about he got here and then realised he was the wrong man for the job?

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:49 pm

I got the impression that he suffered from being a "soft southerner" and never really settled.
Having said that he did a decent enough job whilst with us; brought in some fine players.
Certainly left us in a better place than when he arrived.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:57 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:49 pm
I got the impression that he suffered from being a "soft southerner" and never really settled.
Having said that he did a decent enough job whilst with us; brought in some fine players.
If you remember at the time he got a lot of criticism for getting rid of the older players and bringing in youth with people saying he was too weak a character to manage the older pro's as he was so young and soft.

In retrospect it is viewed that we had a lot of older players on big contracts we couldnt afford and quite a bad dressing room in terms of disruptive players.

Howe's job was to clear it all out and try to rebuild and whilst on the pitch it just wasnt clicking (and didnt look like it ever would) his rebuilding job was superb.

Maybe the the missing part in getting it right on the pitch was linked to his personal problems and with that in mind the opportunity to go back to Bournemouth and its timing really did suit all parties and us, Bournemouth, Dyche and Howe have all benefitted massively

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:06 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:57 pm
If you remember at the time he got a lot of criticism for getting rid of the older players and bringing in youth with people saying he was too weak a character to manage the older pro's as he was so young and soft.

In retrospect it is viewed that we had a lot of older players on big contracts we couldnt afford and quite a bad dressing room in terms of disruptive players.

Howe's job was to clear it all out and try to rebuild and whilst on the pitch it just wasnt clicking (and didnt look like it ever would) his rebuilding job was superb.

Maybe the the missing part in getting it right on the pitch was linked to his personal problems and with that in mind the opportunity to go back to Bournemouth and its timing really did suit all parties and us, Bournemouth, Dyche and Howe have all benefitted massively
That all looks plausible to me.

SouthLondonexile
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 249 times

Post by SouthLondonexile » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:09 pm

I remember being in the hospitality lounge at Bournemouth
watching Burnley draw with them in a Championship game.
It was an exciting game with AFC hoofing ball after ball at Ben Mee, believing him to be our weak link.
Mee played well. It made me consider Howes legacy of a set of really good players : Austin , Mee, Tripps, Shacks, even Stanislas and the marvellous Ings oh and Vokes as well. Yes there were less able players, but you know some really good players came to BFC during his stewardship.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:39 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:36 pm
He must have done at some point to move in the first place, but most people realise & understand why he had to leave when he did, at the end of day family comes first & ultimately it did in this case, had everything been ok on the domestic front no other reasons at that particular time would have existed unlike some other managers who have engineered departures & left animosity.

dsr
Been Liked: 4577 times
Has Liked: 2268 times

Post by dsr » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:01 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:39 am
He must have done at some point to move in the first place, but most people realise & understand why he had to leave when he did, at the end of day family comes first & ultimately it did in this case, had everything been ok on the domestic front no other reasons at that particular time would have existed unlike some other managers who have engineered departures & left animosity.
There were two reasons he left.

1. Family.
2. To take the Bournemouth job.

As CT says, we don't know how much weight was placed on each reason, or whether if only one of the reasons had existed it would have been enough to make him leave. But if everything had been OK domestically, the Bournemouth job would still have been a reason why he might have left.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:11 am

dsr wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:01 am
There were two reasons he left.

1. Family.
2. To take the Bournemouth job.

As CT says, we don't know how much weight was placed on each reason, or whether if only one of the reasons had existed it would have been enough to make him leave. But if everything had been OK domestically, the Bournemouth job would still have been a reason why he might have left.
Yes that’s true I’m not disputing why he left, the only thing I did question is the assertion that he never wanted to be at Burnley, something enticed him up the M65 however brief the BFC managerial vacancy appealed to him until events turned a different way, he didn’t initially accept the job with a premonition that he was leaving circumstances forced the way of thinking leading to the departure decision.

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:13 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:49 pm
Except we were in a worse place than when he arrived. He was pretty hopeless for us and one of his mates pretty much destroyed our youth set up.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3803 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:17 am

I don't understand the weird hate of Howe on here,

He got rid of the deadwood and put parts in place to form a successful team down the line, he signed club legends for us, Mee Trippier Ings Austin Shackell Vokes.

The football/results wasn't great, he was missing a few pieces that Dyche figured out. he left for home because his mother died, the deal worked out to suit both parties in the end.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat GodIsADeeJay81

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:25 am

There’s no hate but disagreement with his so called achievements with us and how vastly overrated he is.

Some people seem to have a fascination that Howe done a good job for us.. he didn’t. He lost as many games as he won and took us from a promotion challenging side to bottom half makeweights with no direction.

Put it this way I was delighted when he left the club.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:42 am

Promotion challengers? One of the leagues favorites? I don't think so.

I think Howe did a good job on reflection, he put in place the foundations for Dyche to take on. I think Dyche with hindsight was fortunate he took over after Howe and not before because we had some incredible players because of Howe for Dyche to utilize. Things take time, results clearly weren't the be all under Howe, it was a rebuild job.

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:09 am

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:42 am
Promotion challengers? One of the leagues favorites? I don't think so.

I think Howe did a good job on reflection, he put in place the foundations for Dyche to take on. I think Dyche with hindsight was fortunate he took over after Howe and not before because we had some incredible players because of Howe for Dyche to utilize. Things take time, results clearly weren't the be all under Howe, it was a rebuild job.
Yea we were one of the favourites for automatic promotion. Laws got the sack because we fell out the play off places and the supporters were grumbling. Howe came in and made us worse, we finished lower than when he came in for that season and bottom half the season after. Facts you cannot dispute. He failed with us and we were ridiculously soft. So no he didn’t do a good job and is overhyped.

It will be hilarious watching the car crash unfold at Celtic anyway. Their fans are brutal. First defeat and the knives will be out.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:34 pm

Right_winger wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:09 am
Yea we were one of the favourites for automatic promotion. Laws got the sack because we fell out the play off places and the supporters were grumbling. Howe came in and made us worse, we finished lower than when he came in for that season and bottom half the season after. Facts you cannot dispute. He failed with us and we were ridiculously soft. So no he didn’t do a good job and is overhyped.

It will be hilarious watching the car crash unfold at Celtic anyway. Their fans are brutal. First defeat and the knives will be out.
We were one of the favorites for automatic promotion when Howe came in? we were what? 9th in the league? we were never getting promoted that season with Iwelumo upfront.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:36 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:17 am
I don't understand the weird hate of Howe on here,

He got rid of the deadwood and put parts in place to form a successful team down the line, he signed club legends for us, Mee Trippier Ings Austin Shackell Vokes.

The football/results wasn't great, he was missing a few pieces that Dyche figured out. he left for home because his mother died, the deal worked out to suit both parties in the end.
Perfect summary tbh.
Some people just can't let it go with Howe.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6384 times
Has Liked: 8727 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:08 pm

We would have got shot. We were going backwards and he really didn't get the culture.

Glasgow culture will frighten him to death!

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:32 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:08 pm
We would have got shot. We were going backwards and he really didn't get the culture.

Glasgow culture will frighten him to death!
This exactly. I hope he does try the same tactics as he did with us and clears out everyone to surround himself with yes men, because it will Cripple Celtic.

The hoops fans won’t tolerate anything other than winning. Howe won’t have the luxury of time, he has to win something the first season and be in with a shout for the title or he’s getting hounded out. He’s way too soft for the Glasgow bear pit.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:37 pm

Right_winger wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:32 pm
This exactly. I hope he does try the same tactics as he did with us an. He’s way too soft for the Glasgow bear pit.
What makes you think he's soft?
Is it because he comes from Bournemouth?
Do you have anything to substantiate your assertion?

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:19 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:37 pm
What makes you think he's soft?
Is it because he comes from Bournemouth?
Do you have anything to substantiate your assertion?
Quite a lot really.

The way he carries himself and spoke. He was meek and softly
Spoken never assertive.

The fact he cleared out big characters, the fact that he surrounded himself with yes men.

He was looking for a way out and in sad circumstances he got one.

The way the team played in the pitch was a portrayal of the manager, soft tippy rally nothingness.

Howe was one of our worst managers in the past 20 odd years especially with the resources at his disposal.

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 723 times
Has Liked: 2033 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:07 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:33 pm
He took Bournemouth from the bottom of the 4th tier to the Premier League within 10 years and even had time to clear out the mess Laws left at our club and sign a list of young players who would play a massive part in our future success.

With that in mind I reckon he fancies his chances of winning a two horse race and Im sure the Celtic fans will be thankful to get such a proven manager with the pull and finances of the SPL these days
Completely ignoring the fact that a russian billionaire took over Bournemouth and gave Eddie a treasure chest of money for transfer that was poorly spent by him with the likes of £19 million on Solanke, £25 million on Lerna, £13 million on Stacey and £15 million on Jordan Ibe.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:12 am

Right_winger wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:19 pm
Quite a lot really.

Spoken never assertive.

The fact he cleared out big characters, the fact that he surrounded himself with yes men.

The way the team played in the pitch was a portrayal of the manager, soft tippy rally nothingness.

Howe was one of our worst managers in the past 20 odd years especially with the resources at his disposal.
Would that be the big characters that had a massive tantrum and downed tools when Coyle left?

Yeah they needed to get fired out of the door, Laws wasn't strong enough, but Howe didn't muck about.

He also laid the foundations for where we are today, so your claim he's one of the worst etc is clearly something else that needs firing out of the door.
This user liked this post: dsr

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:02 pm

Eddie made some cracking signings but would have not got us out of the championship in a month of Sundays.

He was clueless with the defence, we were scoring 3 and letting 4 in it was embarrassing. It was even more embarrassing when he left and Sean showed him how it should be done.

I honestly believe that if he had not have left he would have got the sack that same season, the football was awful and defensively we were woeful

Culmclaret
Been Liked: 473 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by Culmclaret » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:23 pm

He played a big part in moving the club forward by creating a pretty good squad for his successor, which with the addition of Tom Heaton and David Jones got us up. I too really can’t understand the animosity towards him.

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1770 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:53 pm

Celtic's prospective new manager Eddie Howe is a "deep thinker" who believes "performance always outweighs the result", says former Bournemouth skipper Tommy Elphick. Well that will go down a treat in Glasgow when he tries playing Man City style possession football whilst getting humped 7-6 by Hamilton Academical, Ross County and St Johnstone.....

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 295 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:59 pm

Bizzare notion that bring softly spoken makes you soft.

Or, even, that being soft makes you a bad manager.

You need a balance. He looked smart and spoke well, not often a virtue in E Lancs.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 767 times

Post by ksrclaret » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:25 pm

An excellent manager and Celtic will consider themselves very fortunate if they manage to appoint someone of his calibre.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5080 times
Has Liked: 6883 times

Post by bfcjg » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:28 pm

Right_winger wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:19 pm
Quite a lot really.

Spoken never assertive.

Not sure being softly spoken is a weakness, one of the greatest if not the greatest managers ever Bob Paisley once said.

Getting your point across

“Ranting and raving gets you nowhere in football. If you want to be heard, speak quietly.”

Taken from this article and a very sarcastic but brilliant comment about Burnley as well.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-re ... his-birth/

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:32 pm

Foshiznik wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:07 am
Completely ignoring the fact that a russian billionaire took over Bournemouth and gave Eddie a treasure chest of money for transfer that was poorly spent by him with the likes of £19 million on Solanke, £25 million on Lerna, £13 million on Stacey and £15 million on Jordan Ibe.
Have a look at how he spent the money to get them into the Premier League and I'll think you'll find he made some great signings and remember the Bournemouth wage bill to get them into the Premier League was very similar to the wage bill Dyche had to win us the Championship.

In his first few seasons in the Premier League they used to play regularly with 3 or 4 players signed in League 1 who Howe coached and brought through to the Premier League

I think it is you that is ignoring certain facts because it doesn't fit your own opinion of Eddie Howe

Culmclaret
Been Liked: 473 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by Culmclaret » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:07 pm

He had a reasonable amount to spend at Bournemouth but no more. On that he got two promotions and had five seasons in the Premier League. Plenty have had more and achieved less.

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 861 times
Has Liked: 1097 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:39 pm

Right_winger wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:25 am
There’s no hate but disagreement with his so called achievements with us and how vastly overrated he is.

Some people seem to have a fascination that Howe done a good job for us.. he didn’t. He lost as many games as he won and took us from a promotion challenging side to bottom half makeweights with no direction.

Put it this way I was delighted when he left the club.
Some fans seem to have a clouded memory of his time here. His position was under review and there was a lot of discontent from fans. The football was lousy and we had gone backwards. I found the football difficult to watch we were so disorganised at the back. He could definitely spot a player though. He’d be a great scout one day I’m sure.