Tarks rumour.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Re: Tarks rumour.

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:28 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:38 pm
He could also have a disaster of a season, or pick up a significant injury and be on a lower salary or out of a job.

He’s better than Newcastle or Brighton, and if a good offer comes in for him this summer which is an attractive move for him I have no doubt he’ll be off.
Is he though Riley? As last summer highlighted, when his stock was arguably the highest it could be we had a couple of offers from West Ham.

After just an ok season who can you see realistically wanting to part decent money for him? Leicester won’t be interested with there squad of CBS. West Ham won’t be interested.
Villa won’t be interested, Everton won’t be interested.

I think at this point he won’t step up a level he will just go somewhere to receive a better pay.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6899 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:36 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:28 am
Is he though Riley? As last summer highlighted, when his stock was arguably the highest it could be we had a couple of offers from West Ham.

After just an ok season who can you see realistically wanting to part decent money for him? Leicester won’t be interested with there squad of CBS. West Ham won’t be interested.
Villa won’t be interested, Everton won’t be interested.

I think at this point he won’t step up a level he will just go somewhere to receive a better pay.
On the basis that Newcastle and Brighton are statistically worse than us, and he’s probably too good for us then I can confidently say he’s better than them. Leicester or West Ham may not be interested but I’m sure plenty of others will.

Another point to note re. whether or not he moves this summer. Next summer is his only realistic chance of ever making a World Cup squad for England. If this is a goal of his, and he feels that his chances are improved by making a move this summer then I can’t see him holding out for another year.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:40 am

AfloatinClaret wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:59 am
Precisely, the 'faulty' Board should've bought a replacement 2-3 years ago and had him waiting on the bench ready; there was a lad at Boro called Gibson who looked a likely candidate, why didn't they get him signed? Oooh, perhaps not 'faulty'.
I don't think Gibson was a long-term "shoe-in" for Tarkowski. He was a PL regular and had played for England

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:00 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:36 am
On the basis that Newcastle and Brighton are statistically worse than us, and he’s probably too good for us then I can confidently say he’s better than them. Leicester or West Ham may not be interested but I’m sure plenty of others will.

Another point to note re. whether or not he moves this summer. Next summer is his only realistic chance of ever making a World Cup squad for England. If this is a goal of his, and he feels that his chances are improved by making a move this summer then I can’t see him holding out for another year.
They are not better than us but he would get a better pay day at both clubs. Tarks I imagine is one of our highest earners if he went to Newcastle or Brighton he would increase his salary by probs 20-25 percent.

I think it’s abundantly clear that Tarks has absolutely no chance of making the England squad regardless of who he plays for at this point. He must be at least 5-6 choice for the right Centre Back position currently.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:59 am

If we can't find a suitable replacement this summer then let him run his contract down and walk for free

It must be our priority this next transfer window to find a young up and coming centre half that can be blooded in, the way that he and Keane were

Tarks /Mee partnership is the bed rock of our Premier league survival and to break it up without a suitable replacement would be crazy
These 2 users liked this post: NewClaret Dark Cloud

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:11 pm

Top Claret wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:59 am
If we can't find a suitable replacement this summer then let him run his contract down and walk for free

It must be our priority this next transfer window to find a young up and coming centre half that can be blooded in, the way that he and Keane were

Tarks /Mee partnership is the bed rock of our Premier league survival and to break it up without a suitable replacement would be crazy
Not sure keeping a potentially unhappy player whose mind is starting to wander elsewhere would be a great move for us. I say we have to get what we can for him this summer and push the boat out as much as we can for a replacement.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:14 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:00 am
They are not better than us but he would get a better pay day at both clubs. Tarks I imagine is one of our highest earners if he went to Newcastle or Brighton he would increase his salary by probs 20-25 percent.

I think it’s abundantly clear that Tarks has absolutely no chance of making the England squad regardless of who he plays for at this point. He must be at least 5-6 choice for the right Centre Back position currently.
Agree on your England point. He might make a squad if he played for a bigger club, perhaps even an odd friendly, but he won’t be playing in the big tournaments/games barring a colossal injury crisis.

According to Spotrac, Mee is on £55k, Tarks on £55k, Brady on £35k. For me, I’d gladly not renew Brady’s contract, give the lions share to Tarks to make us more competitive. Highest paid Newcastle player is Joelinton at £86k, so gives you a feel for how we could make it work. Then sign one or two young young, upcoming wingers on low salaries to cover the wings.

Too late now really, but might’ve worked last summer with 2 years remaining.

Red Fox Rocks Socks
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by Red Fox Rocks Socks » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:29 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:14 pm
Agree on your England point. He might make a squad if he played for a bigger club, perhaps even an odd friendly, but he won’t be playing in the big tournaments/games barring a colossal injury crisis.

According to Spotrac, Mee is on £55k, Tarks on £55k, Brady on £35k. For me, I’d gladly not renew Brady’s contract, give the lions share to Tarks to make us more competitive. Highest paid Newcastle player is Joelinton at £86k, so gives you a feel for how we could make it work. Then sign one or two young young, upcoming wingers on low salaries to cover the wings.

Joelinton must have some agent

I bet if he was called Joe Linton he wouldn’t be on that

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:54 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:14 pm

You might want to delete those wage figures for our players, it didn't go down well recently when I posted them :roll:

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:01 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:54 pm
You might want to delete those wage figures for our players, it didn't go down well recently when I posted them :roll:
Really, why? Publicly available info??

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:01 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:54 pm
Why was that?

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:02 pm

Red Fox Rocks Socks wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:29 pm
Joelinton must have some agent

I bet if he was called Joe Linton he wouldn’t be on that
Very true. I had no idea his name was so long until I just looked it up. Longer the name, more they’re worth :lol:

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8428 times
Has Liked: 18097 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:05 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:02 pm
Very true. I had no idea his name was so long until I just looked it up. Longer the name, more they’re worth :lol:
This feller would have been worth a few bob then 😏

Edson Arantes do Nascimento

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:20 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:40 am
I don't think Gibson was a long-term "shoe-in" for Tarkowski. He was a PL regular and had played for England
Gibson was signed as Mee wouldn’t sign. Ben Mee then signed and Gibson was surplus.
West Ham got Dawson in for one season until Tarks was available. He has been such a success they have given him a two year extension. SD can spot a CB but I hope he’s looking abroad. Far more value for money in France or Spain.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:22 pm

Top Claret wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:59 am

Can we really afford to let Tarks walk on a free, we've already seen Hendrick who we forked out over £10m for leave for nowt, and Brady is likely to do the same in a couple of months, and his transfer fee was around £13m.

I understand where you are coming from regarding the importance of the Tarks/Mee partnership to the whole squad, but equally if Tarks is set on a move away then all we can do is get the best price for him and recruit a replacement this summer, I'd have hoped the club were already making preparations for such an eventuality as it's hardly a state secret that Tarks, or more likely his agent have been looking for a big money move since last summer.

If we could I'd love us to tie Tarks down to a long term deal, but alas this looks unlikely, so we have to react the best we can in the circumstances, and if we can get say £20m that should give us that extra finance to attract a younger partner for Ben Mee, I assume Gibson will also be leaving for Norwich in the summer, so that will probably mean 2 new centre-backs incoming, I don't mind Kev Long filling in for the odd game in an emergency, but I'd be wary about relying on him over the course of a tough PL campaign, therefore we definitely need a like for like replacement for Tarks who can slot straight in, and also a younger model who we can develop, unless we're considering promoting someone such as Bobby Thomas from the academy, but as promising as he is, it's a mighty big leap from playing youth team/League 2 footy, to facing some of the best attackers in world football week after week in the PL.

Whatever we need to get this situation clarified early in the window, because the last thing we can risk is Tarks leaving at the 11th hour and us being up the creek without a paddle regarding a replacement, plus the sooner we get his successor in the building the sooner he and Ben can start developing an understanding akin to the one Tarks and Mee enjoy currently.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:31 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:22 pm
Can we really afford to let Tarks walk on a free, we've already seen Hendrick who we forked out over £10m for leave for nowt, and Brady is likely to do the same in a couple of months, and his transfer fee was around £13m.

I understand where you are coming from regarding the importance of the Tarks/Mee partnership to the whole squad, but equally if Tarks is set on a move away then all we can do is get the best price for him and recruit a replacement this summer, I'd have hoped the club were already making preparations for such an eventuality as it's hardly a state secret that Tarks, or more likely his agent have been looking for a big money move since last summer.

If we could I'd love us to tie Tarks down to a long term deal, but alas this looks unlikely, so we have to react the best we can in the circumstances, and if we can get say £20m that should give us that extra finance to attract a younger partner for Ben Mee, I assume Gibson will also be leaving for Norwich in the summer, so that will probably mean 2 new centre-backs incoming, I don't mind Kev Long filling in for the odd game in an emergency, but I'd be wary about relying on him over the course of a tough PL campaign, therefore we definitely need a like for like replacement for Tarks who can slot straight in, and also a younger model who we can develop, unless we're considering promoting someone such as Bobby Thomas from the academy, but as promising as he is, it's a mighty big leap from playing youth team/League 2 footy, to facing some of the best attackers in world football week after week in the PL.

Whatever we need to get this situation clarified early in the window, because the last thing we can risk is Tarks leaving at the 11th hour and us being up the creek without a paddle regarding a replacement, plus the sooner we get his successor in the building the sooner he and Ben can start developing an understanding akin to the one Tarks and Mee enjoy currently.
Brentford get 27.5% of the profit, I'd keep him for another year, don't forget Tarky was signed 18 months before he got a regular run in the team, any new player is going to take time to integrate. Who was the last player we signed who went straight into the first 11 ?

7decades
Been Liked: 113 times
Has Liked: 69 times

Post by 7decades » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:35 pm

Dale stephens

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:45 pm

claretandy wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:31 pm
Brentford get 27.5% of the profit, I'd keep him for another year, don't forget Tarky was signed 18 months before he got a regular run in the team, any new player is going to take time to integrate. Who was the last player we signed who went straight into the first 11 ?
Yes I'm aware Brentford get a slice of any profit, but ultimately it depends on the player in this situation, and if Tarks pushes for a move, then I don't see what option we have but to let him go, there's no point in keeping an unhappy player, as this can create unrest in the dressing room, I don't disagree any new signing may take time to integrate, hence why ideally we'd have got the Collins lad from Stoke last summer, but for whatever reason it didn't happen.

Off the top of my head our last signing to go straight into the first team would be Chris Wood back in 2017.

claretandy

Post by claretandy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:11 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:45 pm
Yes I'm aware Brentford get a slice of any profit, but ultimately it depends on the player in this situation, and if Tarks pushes for a move, then I don't see what option we have but to let him go, there's no point in keeping an unhappy player, as this can create unrest in the dressing room, I don't disagree any new signing may take time to integrate, hence why ideally we'd have got the Collins lad from Stoke last summer, but for whatever reason it didn't happen.

Off the top of my head our last signing to go straight into the first team would be Chris Wood back in 2017.
He pushed for a move last year and didn't get it, we turned down all offers, we could do the same again, toegate will probably happen again, then he will knuckle down knowing he will make mega bucks in 12 months time.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:37 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:01 pm
Really, why? Publicly available info??
Tony got the arse about it recently and deleted all of my comments referencing wages.

claretandy

Post by claretandy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:41 pm

7decades wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:35 pm
Dale stephens
He went in because of injuries, wasn't fit, hasn't been in since.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:45 pm

claretandy wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:11 pm
He pushed for a move last year and didn't get it, we turned down all offers, we could do the same again, toegate will probably happen again, then he will knuckle down knowing he will make mega bucks in 12 months time.
Yes he did push for a move last year, however the difference now is he can walk away in 12 months, and we won't receive s penny, like it or not once a player gets into the last year of their contract they hold all the cards, and it'll come down to how much we need to sell versus his value to us on the pitch, that's what the board and manager will have to weight up, I suspect there's literally no chance of him penning an extension or even a new deal, so we either cash in this summer, and accept a reduced fee, or we keep him hoping he plays a key part in our survival next season, before exiting on a free.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:49 pm

claretandy wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:31 pm
This is where we’ve created a problem by not identifying, not being able to purchase or not seeing an issue (delete as appropriate) in terms of future planning, be that in defence or wherever.

If we have an asset (Tarkowski in this instance) we need to be accounting for the return on investment that they will bring and plan for their departure.

We’ve now got a depreciating asset and no cover. I can see the argument for keeping him, providing we can keep in happy. Conversely, I can see the reasoning for selling now.

Ultimately the decision should be based on the replacement - are they seen as ready now or ready in 12-18 months time.

I just hope that we can start to get the conveyor belt operating again to avoid some of the same issues going forward.

Bigvince
Been Liked: 930 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:02 pm

If accepting a 27.5% sell on fee was the difference between signing Tarks and not signing him, I’m sure most clarets would have been happy with that
These 2 users liked this post: DCWat Zlatan

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:05 pm

Bigvince wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:02 pm
If accepting a 27.5% sell on fee was the difference between signing Tarks and not signing him, I’m sure most clarets would have been happy with that
Exactly - it presumably allowed us to afford him in the first place.
This user liked this post: Bigvince

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:34 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:37 pm
Tony got the arse about it recently and deleted all of my comments referencing wages.
Wasn't it on another subject thread like the accounts? So wanted it to remain on subject?

Plus when he puts hours and hours in on this site keeping everyone up to date with factual articles, I wouldn't be right happy with someone posting made up crap about wages on here.

There's no real source for them to get info from it's just guesswork.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:54 pm

I'm not at all sure Tarks will get the move he wants, in footballing terms. He's very good in our structure, not at all sure how effective he would be in a top 8 side. If he's wanting to get into the England set up, that could have sailed for him now. I think all.he can hope for is one more big pay day...maybe he should ask Jeff up North how its going for him.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:59 pm

ewanrob wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:54 pm
I'm not at all sure Tarks will get the move he wants, in footballing terms. He's very good in our structure, not at all sure how effective he would be in a top 8 side. If he's wanting to get into the England set up, that could have sailed for him now. I think all.he can hope for is one more big pay day...maybe he should ask Jeff up North how its going for him.
He could ask Keane how it's going for him, probably a better comparison.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:01 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:34 pm
Wasn't it on another subject thread like the accounts? So wanted it to remain on subject?

Plus when he puts hours and hours in on this site keeping everyone up to date with factual articles, I wouldn't be right happy with someone posting made up crap about wages on here.

There's no real source for them to get info from it's just guesswork.
I made it very clear it was a general consensus online, not definite fact.
There are multiple websites all showing very similar information.
The accounts include wages do they not?
It was relevant to the topic, especially as our wage bill has changed year on year.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:25 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:59 pm
He could ask Keane how it's going for him, probably a better comparison.
Taken Keane a good deal of time and a Top 8 side...just can't see that level happening for the lad.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:39 pm

ewanrob wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:25 pm
Taken Keane a good deal of time and a Top 8 side...just can't see that level happening for the lad.
It took Everton appointing a good manager you mean.

Silva - bag of toss, still unemployed.
Koeman - dunno what happened to him tbh, but it just didn't work.
Ancelotti - world class, sorted the team out.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:51 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:39 pm

And they're still nothing special. 8th?

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:11 pm

I think Tarks might wait and see what Burnley plan for the summer, it sounds like the board are now starting to roll the club forwards... for me that would be key as to whether I was looking to be off. If Burnley are looking to be top half and above next season and the offer is right about staying, it would make most sense to me to stay.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:25 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:51 pm
And they're still nothing special. 8th?
His 2nd season, took over a squad that was very disjointed and needs time to overhaul it after the mess left by previous managers.

They do however look a much better unit under him then they did under Koeman for example.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:27 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:39 pm

To be fair isn’t Koeman currently managing Barcelona.
Ancelotti hasn’t particularly achieved anything. Everton finished 7th with Koeman and 8th with Allardyce.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:36 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:27 pm
To be fair isn’t Koeman currently managing Barcelona.
Ancelotti hasn’t particularly achieved anything. Everton finished 7th with Koeman and 8th with Allardyce.
He was appointed in December 2019, when they were in a mess.
Steadied the ship, he having to restructure the squad because it was top heavy and had players who weren't really arsed about putting a shift in.
He's made some interesting signings and definitely improved the likes of Calvert-Lewin.
Beginning of the season they were top or thereabouts for a decent while.
Who he signs this summer and how they do next season will be telling, but he's already laid down a marker and he's got the pulling power to get in better quality players.

Yes Koeman is at Barca and no one in football understands how he got that job.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:46 pm

I get the impression the Koeman is a disciplinarian who gets the nasty work done, but is unpopular after an initial respect falls off. Nationally he benefitted from that distance from the players. In Europe where the coach is manager of football, in Britain the relationship with a manager is far more intimate, so Koeman is better at a club like Barca etc. Ancelotti is more the sleeping tiger. Someone you stay on the right side of but will also engage with the players. He is getting to where he wants Everton I think but is struggling to find Coleman’s replacement. Think he sees Keane taking over the leadership...but he needs a couple more pieces to really push on.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:26 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:36 pm
He was appointed in December 2019, when they were in a mess.
Steadied the ship, he having to restructure the squad because it was top heavy and had players who weren't really arsed about putting a shift in.
He's made some interesting signings and definitely improved the likes of Calvert-Lewin.
Beginning of the season they were top or thereabouts for a decent while.
Who he signs this summer and how they do next season will be telling, but he's already laid down a marker and he's got the pulling power to get in better quality players.

Yes Koeman is at Barca and no one in football understands how he got that job.
Anyone that knows the game can see how much CA has improved Everton in his brief tenure thus far, are they the finished article yet, no far from it, but he's definitely got them moving in the right direction.

I'm not sure Koeman will be at Braca for much longer, dumped out of the CL at the last 16 stage, and their La Liga hopes have suffered a major blow after a 2-1 defeat away to Real Madrid tonight, and if Barca don't claim any silverware this season, which is a definite possibility, then I can't see how he can stay in post, however I'm acutely aware that internal politics also plays a big part at these sorts of clubs, so if he's got the support of Laporta he may yet get a shot next season.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:40 pm

On current form there will be no takers

Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 647 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by Andreshotboots » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:45 pm

Tarky could move to Real Madrid and would still have the same chance as i have of playing for England. A very good defender for us, but not close to International quality..

Longsidebogs
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by Longsidebogs » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:47 pm

Tarky is no England international. In fact he is already playing at least one level higher than he should be. He looks totally disinterested. As soon as we are safe (one more win)? let’s get him benched and look for any suitors.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:12 pm

Longsidebogs wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:47 pm
Tarky is no England international. In fact he is already playing at least one level higher than he should be. He looks totally disinterested. As soon as we are safe (one more win)? let’s get him benched and look for any suitors.
Did he look totally disinterested when he threw himself at the ball on the line in the last minute to prevent Newcastle’s third?
These 2 users liked this post: Taffy on the wing Taffy on the wing

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:27 pm

Longsidebogs wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:47 pm
Playing at least one level higher than he should be. That’s just nonsense - he may well not be England standard but he’s provided that he’s comfortable at this level.

He has his weaknesses - most do. He makes the odd mistake - everyone does, but he’s most definitely better than you’re suggesting.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:35 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:40 pm
On current form there will be no takers
Hes Regressed quite Noticeably.

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:48 am

elwaclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:11 pm
I think Tarks might wait and see what Burnley plan for the summer, it sounds like the board are now starting to roll the club forwards... for me that would be key as to whether I was looking to be off. If Burnley are looking to be top half and above next season and the offer is right about staying, it would make most sense to me to stay.
Plan for the summer? Deals are being put on the table to Brady and gudmunson as we speak. Rolling the club forward :lol: top half and above? We aren't playing in the championship next season you do know that don't you?

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:50 am

tim_noone wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:35 pm
Hes Regressed quite Noticeably.
The minute we open up our style of play and the 10 players who defend the box are removed that's when we see the true ability of him. He suits our system yet in his head he wants European football. That's why I respect mee he knows his level and stays quiet.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:31 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:12 pm
Did he look totally disinterested when he threw himself at the ball on the line in the last minute to prevent Newcastle’s third?
Well apart from the fact he didn’t throw himself at the ball, he was in the right place at the right time and did his job.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:54 am

Imagine staying up til 4am to slate a club, manager and players you don't care about.

How empty must a life be

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:28 am

Zlatan wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:31 am
Well apart from the fact he didn’t throw himself at the ball, he was in the right place at the right time and did his job.
I haven’t seen it back so maybe he didn’t throw himself at the ball. But my question was did he look totally disinterested when he got himself onto the goal line to stop a certain goal in the final minutes?

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:34 am

Overrated, can't defend 1v1, relies heavily on the Dyche defensive system.
He's slow, turns like a double decker bus and who told him he's Ronald Koeman? why does he keep doing those slow painful cruyff pirouette turns in his own defensive third? followed by the Steven Gerrard raking crossfield 70 yard pass attempts?

I think Tarks been reading too much of the comments on here blowing up his ego.