New Vydra Interview

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3063 times

New Vydra Interview

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:46 pm

With the fate of only a substitute substitute, the striker MATĚJ VYDRA had to reconcile both in Burnley and in the Czech national team. Soon, the 29-year-old fast-forward forward played a short party in three March 2022 World Cup qualifiers under this familiar scenario. However, in the Premier League, he now regularly joins his club in the starting lineup of his club, which recently exercised an option. He also begins to dust off the reputation of the shooter, which he gained while working in the Championship, so he is approached by the goal - a nomination for the June European Championship.

Did you spend this year's atypical Easter at least a little classically?

" We got time off from the coach, because we will not play the next match on Sunday with Newcastle. I was at home, I whipped a wooden spoon with my little girlfriend because I didn't have a pom-pom. We also connected with parents who wanted to see Vanes at least from a distance. "

(EDIT to explain that last bit :lol: : https://english.radio.cz/czech-easter-t ... ls-8164899)

Do you live directly in Burnley or do you commute to football?

" My family and I live in the south of Manchester, five minutes from Manchester Airport. Perhaps all the players live in the center of Manchester or, like us, in the south and commute to Burnley. It takes about 35 minutes by car. ”

In the last six matches, you regularly start in the starting line-up, before that coach Steve Dyche sent you into the game only at the end as a substitute. What caused the turnaround in game load?

" I don't know, I probably started playing as the coach imagines. Of course, I'm very happy and I try my best to repay this trust on the field. In those two and a half years, I was slowly at the stage of getting it together as a substitute. "

How does your collaboration with team top scorer Chris Wood work on the pitch?

" It's written as a spike, I as a spike, but that's not the case on the lawn. I'm faster and I'm trying to run for the opponent's defense, Chris prefers balloons in his leg, we combine with each other. In Sunday's match in Southampton, we scored both of our goals. He put the first one, before the second he dropped the balloon in his head and I immediately fired from the number one on the lime to the pole. "

On Sunday in Southampton, after your hit, it looked like you wouldn't go home empty-handed because you were already leading 2: 0!

" We probably succumbed to this impression ourselves, that it was already done, because we played really great football for the first half hour. We were better at the balloon, we created even more chances. But then we stopped playing, we got the home team on their own mistakes on the horses and allowed them to equalize to 2: 2 by the end of the first half. Well, after the break they reached us with the third goal… I would say that this time we were not as confident in the back as in other matches, when our defense is a solid wall, which breaks our opponents' attacks, and we can score points in matches with one goal scored. "

Against Leicester, you scored a goal in the Premier League against Leicester. Was it very frustrating waiting for you as an attacker?

" It's not pleasant when you don't like it. It will signify less confidence in the chances you get. You just trust you to turn them less. I'm very happy that I finally broke it and I think it's obvious in my game as well. "

Only once in this calendar year have you not intervened in the match - on Anfield Road with the championship Liverpool. Due to injuries, you missed a few matches in December and then two in February. What bothered you?

" In December, I twitched my intercostal muscle during training, which sounded uncomfortable with every movement. In February, I was stabbed in the right thigh muscle and had to stay still for a while without much strain. I feel good now and I'm healthy, especially to make it last! ”

In the spring finish of the Premier League, you usually play with rescuing teams, of which Burnley still belongs optically, or on the contrary, you will compete against aspirants for European cups…

" In the Premier League, it is said that forty points is enough to save. According to this math, we still need to get seven points to look forward to next season. The sooner we succeed, the better so that we don't knock on the very last laps. But most of the cuffs from the end of the table will run into each other in the coming weeks, so they will compete for each other with the necessary points. "

The English announce that the last two rounds could take place with the spectators!

" Let it be! Even so, in mid-May, the penultimate round of the Premier League, in which we are to have Liverpool at home, will be moved to weekdays to be covered by the loosening of existing measures. It's very depressing when football is not only played without fans in England. "

In recent days, UEFA has declared a similar approach to the EURO, that it will depend on the specific measures in each country, how many spectators there could be in stadiums…

" I believe that the European Championships will also have a spectator backdrop. If I'm not mistaken, in England on June 21, all restrictions on the number of people at events, including sports, will end. The next day we play a match with the English at Wembley, so there could be 90,000 spectators! ”

You already experienced this first-hand two years ago during the opening match of the EURO 2020 qualification…

" We'd just like to repeat the atmosphere of sold-out Wembley, and of course not the 'storm' we got there at the time. Since then, I think we have moved a lot as a manchaft. We then managed to win in English with the English, when we kept up with them and in the game. This is also true of the recent match in Eden with the Belgians, with whom we drew. "

The busy Group D, to which the Czechia sent a lot, will take place in Glasgow and London in June. Is this another motivation for you to get to the final nomination? In less than a month you will be twenty-nine and you have not played in any final tournament yet!

" I didn't get to France for EURO 2016, this year I will do my best to fit into the final nomination. To do this, I need to play regularly in the club, be in good shape, score goals. It wasn't like that with me in January, so I really wish my current condition to last until the end of the season, including health. "

In the last few days, you have completed three entry-up qualifying matches with the national team for promotion to the World Cup 2022 in Qatar. Are the four points earned below the plan?

" Winning over Estonia was an obligation, if we made six out of nine possible points, it would be a great start. But no one expected us to play a great match with the Belgians and reach out to win with the best team in the world. In Wales, too, we had more of the game and the chances, even though we played by ten. Unlike the match in Eden, we didn't even take a point in the end. I think we all feel that we deserve more points, but the results are decisive, not the impression of the game. It reminded me a bit of the autumn League match in Scotland, with the only difference being that we cashed in Glasgow right from the start. But we still have five matches ahead of us in the autumn part of the qualification. "

In the end, you could have scored the winning goal against Belgium if Lukáš Provod pushed the ball in front of the guests' abandoned goal. Is that why you yelled at him?

" I saw that the Belgian defenders and the goalkeeper Courtois copy his movement across the big lime and move to the left. That's why I shouted at Lukáš to pass me, because I stayed free in front of the goal. He heard me, but a balloon remained under his feet, I think his thoughts also collided in his head, as they say, and in the end there was nothing in the whole chance. If he fired, the ball could bounce towards me, or it would be his second goal in the match, which could bring us an even more sensational result. After the match, I poured ashes on my head in the cabin, that I shouldn't have called him at all… "

In the end, you didn't get a point in Cardiff. How much disappointment resonated after the match in the Czech cabin?

" If the referee sent us to ten at the beginning of the second half, we would definitely take the point for a draw and it would be golden. "Provi" (Lukáš Provod) had two promising raids again, there were other promising opportunities. But we didn't change them and the smallest player on the field, James, gave us a winning goal a few minutes before the end, when he ran to the perfect center of Balea. Even then, we were unlucky on our side, because in the setting of "Čelda" (Ondřej Čelůstka) he could raise a balloon under the crossbar from a few meters and level it, but unfortunately he only hit the falling Welsh side… "

You know Wales players well from club duels. Did they surprise you with anything?

" We knew they were getting very few goals, but I still think we created enough chances to score at least one. As I said, we must quickly forget about this undeserved defeat, the EURO awaits us in June, where we would like to succeed, and in the autumn, the rest of the qualification to advance to the 2022 World Championships in Qatar. "

Throughout your career, you have a manager, Ondřej Chovanec. But with the recent renewal of the contract with Burnley, you all saw this step differently…

" It was interpreted a little differently, I was mainly talking about satisfaction from the family's point of view, in terms of football, I could not say this at the time. I didn't renew my contract when he moved here to Burnley three years ago, so we closed it for three seasons. The club had the option to extend it by another deadline, which he did. The biggest paradox is that since then I have been playing in the basic line-up regularly, so only now can I really say that I am satisfied here! ”

So for how long do you have a contract?

" One more year, until June 2022."
Last edited by ŽižkovClaret on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Redbeard

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Re: New Vydra Interview

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:50 pm

It is even harder to read translated :D
This user liked this post: Quicknick

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:53 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:50 pm
It is even harder to read translated :D
I'd edit the whole thing, but i cant be arsed

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:55 pm

ŽižkovClaret wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:53 pm
I'd edit the whole thing, but i cant be arsed
Lazy get, it hurts my eyes.

The voice in my head starts going all weird when reading it

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:56 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:55 pm
Lazy get, it hurts my eyes.

The voice in my head starts going all weird when reading it
Normal rate is 300kc an hour if you're desperate ;)

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:58 pm

ŽižkovClaret wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:56 pm
Normal rate is 300kc an hour if you're desperate ;)
Had it done for free

"I love it at Burnley and this weekend I score 3 goals against Jimmy Nails s**t side"

Paulclaret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by Paulclaret » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:59 pm

What the hell does this mean? :lol:

"I was at home, I whipped a wooden spoon with my little girlfriend because I didn't have a pom-pom."
This user liked this post: bodge

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:01 pm

In the last six matches, you regularly start in the starting line-up, before that coach Steve Dyche sent you into the game only at the end as a substitute. What caused the turnaround in game load?
I’m assuming “Sean” is Czech for “Steve” :lol:

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:06 pm

Paulclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:59 pm

"I was at home, I whipped a wooden spoon with my little girlfriend because I didn't have a pom-pom."
Click the link i included maybe?

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:07 pm

What a load of phookin tripe . :D

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:23 pm

Google translate hasn't yet reached the stage of replacing live translators ...

dibraidio
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by dibraidio » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:57 pm

I like much this telling of tale grateful to you I am like a horse in my head with a big lime and a willow pom-pom. I too think Chris Wood prefers balloons in his leg.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:32 pm

Read about half, got head ache and gave up.

I’d imagine that’s how my french oral exam translated
This user liked this post: Redbeard

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2415 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:46 pm

I'm really struggling to get the vision out of my head... wooden spoon, pom-pom, whipped cream ?!@*! :o :shock: :?

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:02 pm

Paulclaret wrote:

It's obvious. His bigger girlfriend wasn't available and she probably has the pom-pom so he had to settle for whipping the wooden spoon. I'd do the same in the circumstances.
This user liked this post: Redbeard

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:44 pm

What is the point of reproducing it in Czech, when only half will understand it?

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 2963 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:11 pm

"Chris prefers balloons in his leg, we combine with each other."

Great to get tactical insight like this straight from the horse's mouth.
This user liked this post: bobinho

bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6535 times

Post by bobinho » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:06 am

Utter gobble-dy-gook.

I’m glad Matej is getting his chance. I’m also glad he’s waited for it and not thrown his toys out the pram, plenty of others would behave and would have been justified doing so in my opinion...I know this has been discussed at length in other threads but I feel we are a better side with him partnering Woody up top.

Bigvince
Been Liked: 930 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:35 am

Patrick Bamford’s latest interview is similar to Vyds, only he uses a violin instead of a wooden spoon

Cirrus_Minor
Been Liked: 1156 times
Has Liked: 1282 times

Post by Cirrus_Minor » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:48 am

I was expecting “...my hovercraft is full of eels” :D
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18096 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:48 am

Bigvince wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:35 am
Patrick Bamford’s latest interview is similar to Vyds, only he uses a violin instead of a wooden spoon
Its subtitled "Tears of a clown"

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18096 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:50 am

Paulclaret wrote:

Sounds more like one of GIADJ's partys 🤭🤭🤭

HollandsPies
Been Liked: 191 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by HollandsPies » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:33 pm

Getting stabbed in the the thigh? What the hell are they doing in training?

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:30 am

Luckily today, Wood got his balloon out from his legs and straight to Vydra, who poked it in.