PLEASED FOR THE TEAM TODAY

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
warksclaret
Been Liked: 1698 times
Has Liked: 790 times

PLEASED FOR THE TEAM TODAY

Post by warksclaret » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:00 pm

That performance was one of our best wins in the PL over the past 5 years. I am pleased for the likes of Lowton, Mee, Cork,Westwood, Rodriguez, Vydra, Barnes, who if we got relegated may well have struggled to play PL football again. The motivation at present from the squad, who know barring a miracle for Fulham, will see Burnley FC in the PL for 2021/22. Time for unity and time for the new owners to start renewing contracts including that of SD and Tarks (I personally believe he may stay)

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 519 times

Re: PLEASED FOR THE TEAM TODAY

Post by beddie » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:45 am

Yes a good all round team performance. SD is a priority to get a new contract signed. Regarding Tarks, the first sniff and I think he'll be off, even a new improved contract offer won't change things, there'll be another club making him a better offer unfortunately, I just hope we've have a quality replacement lined up. Assuming we stay up, if the owners are expecting SD to keep us there they are going to have to provide him with a proper budget for once.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Re: PLEASED FOR THE TEAM TODAY

Post by mdd2 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:57 am

This is looking like our best ever performance in this league given who we have signed in the last two seasons and the only thing somewhat of a surprise is how badly we have done against the bottom six. Had we performed as we normally do we would have had a cracking season. With the league as is presently points off the bottom six with two games to play 8 points from 10 games two to play. Mid table 6 24 points from 11 games one to play, top 7 4 points from 12 games two to play
Last season we took 26 points from the final bottom 6 18 from mid table 6 teams and 10 from top 7.