Allocation of tickets for the Liverpool match

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
northeastclaret
Been Liked: 310 times
Has Liked: 199 times

Allocation of tickets for the Liverpool match

Post by northeastclaret » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:08 am

Obviously still waiting for confirmation of how many fans will be able to attend and the process for allocating tickets.

But the most logical, safest and fairest way must be to allocate tickets to those fans who kept their season ticket money on account and have been vaccinated. That number may even match the number of tickets allocated?
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Re: Allocation of tickets for the Liverpool match

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:13 am

That is far too sensible a post.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:23 am

Has it been confirmed fans will be allowed?

Waste of time and hassle in my opinion, as much as I want to go back, and I'd fit the criteria, I'll wait till next Season.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1865 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:29 am

Grumps wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:23 am

Waste of time and hassle in my opinion, as much as I want to go back, and I'd fit the criteria, I'll wait till next Season.
I’m thinking same.

We’d have waited 15mths to get back on then we’d have to wait another 3mths for the start of next season to return again

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:39 am

What an atmosphere that’ll be with the old folk of the Bob Lord stand……

bobinho
Been Liked: 4098 times
Has Liked: 6573 times

Post by bobinho » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:54 am

Grumps wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:23 am

Yep. Bit like the schools... months and months and months off, then go back for two weeks then have the Easter break.... :roll:

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 436 times
Has Liked: 370 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:22 am

Good opportunity to test the protocols for the new normal though? I understand why individual people would not bother though.

I don't think being double vaccinated was a condition for City/Spurs fans?

lakedistrictclaret
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by lakedistrictclaret » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:22 am

northeastclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:08 am

But the most logical, safest and fairest way must be to allocate tickets to those fans who kept their season ticket money on account and have been vaccinated.
I fall into that category.

If I can get a ticket, I'll be there.

NaturalBornClaret
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by NaturalBornClaret » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:39 am

But the most logical, safest and fairest way must be to allocate tickets to those fans who kept their season ticket money on account and have been vaccinated. That number may even match the number of tickets allocated?
[/quote]

This seems very much the current thought process of the older generation so people under 50 have been locked down and off work for over 12 months but now that the vulnerable have been jabbed they can go away on holiday attend football games etc while everyone else continues to be kept at home even though we all stayed in and stuck to rules to help the vulnerable initially all seems quickly forgotten by a few
These 3 users liked this post: mealdeal cricketfieldclarets jrgbfc

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2072 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:51 am

Imagine spending 15m pounds to provide great facilities for disabled fans, so nearly everyone gets a chance to watch us.

And then going against all our inclusivity morals by suggesting you can't go if you haven't had a vaccine?
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10238 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:52 am

Naturalborn, we all stayed in and stuck to the rules, didn't we ? Well, most of us, and the older generations were far better at that than the younger ones.

Getting back to normal life has to begin with someone and somewhere so why not with those who pose the least threat to themselves and others ?

You'll get your turn.
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:55 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:51 am
Imagine spending 15m pounds to provide great facilities for disabled fans, so nearly everyone gets a chance to watch us.

And then going against all our inclusivity morals by suggesting you can't go if you haven't had a vaccine?
That's illogical. Any disabled fan who has not been vaccinated will be kept away to protect them not punish them. I was under the impression all "at-risk" people had been vaccinated anyway.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2334 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:00 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:

This. Personally I won't be getting a vaccine, and if that means i can't attend so be it. I do feel it's wrong to do that though.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:01 am

Loyalclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:22 am
Good opportunity to test the protocols for the new normal though? I understand why individual people would not bother though.

The guidelines and protocols won't be the same for next season though

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:02 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:55 am
That's illogical. Any disabled fan who has not been vaccinated will be kept away to protect them not punish them. I was under the impression all "at-risk" people had been vaccinated anyway.
I'm sure they will be grateful if they are kept away from doing something they love, for their own protection.

mealdeal
Been Liked: 81 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mealdeal » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:08 am

NaturalBornClaret wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:39 am
This seems very much the current thought process of the older generation so people under 50 have been locked down and off work for over 12 months but now that the vulnerable have been jabbed they can go away on holiday attend football games etc while everyone else continues to be kept at home even though we all stayed in and stuck to rules to help the vulnerable initially all seems quickly forgotten by a few
Of course its the mindset. Everyone has been locked down to protect the older generation, but the minute they are vaccinated they struggle to see why they should continue to be subject to the same restrictions and certainly not because of 'fairness'.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:08 am

Quicken, isn't that what we've all being doing for the best part of a year ? Weddings, family gatherings, pubs, restaurants, etc...

Targetman
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 47 times

Post by Targetman » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:10 am

NaturalBornClaret wrote:

[/quote]

What ages would you class as the "older generation"?

Don't you realise that people over 50 have also been locked down and off work now for over 12 months?

All the vulnerable who "have been jabbed" can now go away on holiday and attend football games whilst everyone else is being kept at home. Do you really believe that??

What a strange statement!
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure Buxtonclaret

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:13 am

It is a fact that those who have been vaccinated are now the least risk to themselves and others so the NHS has, at last, been protected. . If stadia are opened, it is logical the least vulnerable be permitted, if anybody, to attend.
It's nothing to do with fairness, it's just how it is.
You'll just have to wait - one of the advantages of being younger, I guess... ;)

mealdeal

Post by mealdeal » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:22 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:13 am
It is a fact that those who have been vaccinated are now the least risk to themselves and others so the NHS has, at last, been protected. . If stadia are opened, it is logical the least vulnerable be permitted, if anybody, to attend.
You'll just have to wait - one of the advantages of being younger, I guess... ;)
Thats not a fact at all, the young and unvaccinated are equally of no risk to themselves or the NHS, as was always overwhelmingly the case throughout this. All thats happened is the vaccinated have caught up with the young and are now at the same level of risk.
These 2 users liked this post: Stalbansclaret cricketfieldclarets

northeastclaret
Been Liked: 310 times
Has Liked: 199 times

Post by northeastclaret » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:25 am

Those fans that have not been vaccinated will be able, by then, to watch the matches safely with social distancing in the miners, cricket club and other pubs near the ground to still get some of the match day experience and hear the real crowd roar rather than the artificial crowd noises on the tv🤷‍♂️.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:30 am

Mealdeal,the data surrounding the vaccination programme suggests the risk to those vaccinated - we're down to the 45s now, aren't we - and the corresponding pressure on the NHS is very low.

I'm assuming the travel and entertainment industries and the scientists advising them are insisting on vaccination proof because they are not as confident as you in the the thinking that the young and old "are now at the same level".
Last edited by evensteadiereddie on Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:30 am

What difference does it it make to allow those that have been vaccinated on first (I'm saying this has a person who's had both jabs)......NOTHING AT ALL, its outside with loads of fresh air and big spaces between the seats, some that haven't had the jab yet will claim discrimination.

Best way to deal with this one off game for this season is to give the few thousand tickets away for free and they go to key workers, you never know they might be a few first time visitors and they get bitten by the claret bug and attend more game's in the future.
These 2 users liked this post: Whitgord cricketfieldclarets

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3079 times
Has Liked: 5044 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:32 am

northeastclaret wrote:
Obviously still waiting for confirmation of how many fans will be able to attend and the process for allocating tickets.

I'd qualify for that, so I very much doubt it will happen.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

ten bellies
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 1283 times

Post by ten bellies » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:36 am

Vaccination-the panacea passport to utopia.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:38 am

If it's a passport to Denia and the Turf it will do for starters.

mealdeal

Post by mealdeal » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:39 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:30 am
Mealdeal,the data surrounding the vaccination programme suggests the risk to those vaccinated - we're down to the 45s now, aren't we - and the corresponding pressure on the NHS is very low.
And that was always the case with pretty much anyone under 60. The 'older' vaccinated have reduced their risk to the same level of the 'younger' unvaccinated.
I'm assuming the travel and entertainment industries and the scientists advising them are insisting on vaccination proof because they are not as confident as you in the the thinking that the young and old "are now at the same level".
I don't know. It seems to me that they are quite prepared to jump through any hoop they need to, in order to restart trading as best they can, regardless of any actual scientific requirement.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:42 am

Well, I wouldn't know about that. If the government allow travel and football stadia entry then they are complicit in any recklessness you imply.
We'll see.

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 348 times
Has Liked: 150 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:45 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:

It likely won’t be the clubs decision on who can or can’t go. They will be following government guidance.

barba
Been Liked: 100 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by barba » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:51 am

northeastclaret wrote:

How is this is fair to children who have arguable sacrificed the most to protect the vulnerable?

aggi
Been Liked: 2117 times

Post by aggi » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:55 am

Loyalclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:22 am

No. Vaccinated or a negative test was the condition for entry. I know people who went who weren't vaccinated. For Spurs at least the allocation was based on loyalty points.

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:13 am

northeastclaret wrote:

But the most logical, safest and fairest way must be to allocate tickets to those fans who kept their season ticket money on account and have been vaccinated.
As others are pointing out, logical = yes, safest = most likely, it's the word 'fairest' that I am having difficulty with.

Under 42(?) haven't even been offered the vaccine yet.
Many have had their incomes drop very steeply over the pandemic and where absolutely forced to cancel their direct debits with BFC.
Now, I probably think it's fair they should be rewarded in some way for that loyalty and ability to continue paying. However, BFC need to be careful in how much they 'punish' those who have been badly affected financially by this pandemic.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:16 am

this whole thread is evidence that the whole passport scenario just wont work in reality

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:41 am

northeastclaret wrote:

It may be logical, but you can’t discriminate against those who haven’t had a vaccination just because they’re too young to have been called yet. The logical non discriminatory approach would be to insist those with tickets took a test to prove they weren’t bringing the virus into the stadium, like they did with the snooker at Sheffield.

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 1517 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:46 am

NaturalBornClaret wrote:

[/quote]

This is far too sensible a post.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2378 times
Has Liked: 3804 times

Post by JohnMac » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:52 am

Anyone using the phrase 'It's not fair' is likely to be too immature to go to a match alone anyway :D
These 3 users liked this post: Zlatan Prefeot Leisure

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:11 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:13 am
If you have been jabbed, you have next to nothing to worry about.

I assume using the logic that unjabbed people shouldnt go, you wont be going indoors to pubs, cafes, shops, restaurants, trains, doctors, dentists... Just in case you bump into someone who hasnt been jabbed etc.

Prefeot
Been Liked: 10 times
Has Liked: 69 times

Post by Prefeot » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:33 am

:?:
barba wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:51 am
How is this is fair to children who have arguable sacrificed the most to protect the vulnerable?

Prefeot
Been Liked: 10 times
Has Liked: 69 times

Post by Prefeot » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:35 am

:D
mealdeal wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:22 am
Thats not a fact at all, the young and unvaccinated are equally of no risk to themselves or the NHS, as was always overwhelmingly the case throughout this. All thats happened is the vaccinated have caught up with the young and are now at the same level of risk.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:45 am

Anyone with a Clarets number and shows interest in attending should be put in a ballot for this one off game.

Unless the Government decide otherwise.

All fans should be equal, not if you're rich enough to leave money in a club account over the year. Even Boris wasn't bought that easily.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:46 am

FeedTheArf wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:45 am
It likely won’t be the clubs decision on who can or can’t go. They will be following government guidance.
You're probably right.

The trouble with guidance is everyone sees it differently.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4186 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:47 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:45 am
Anyone with a Clarets number and shows interest in attending should be put in a ballot for this one off game.

Unless the Government decide otherwise.

All fans should be equal, not if you're rich enough to leave money in a club account over the year. Even Boris wasn't bought that easily.

Some adult season tickets just over £300, not really a figure that makes someone rich is it ?

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:51 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:47 am
Some adult season tickets just over £300, not really a figure that makes someone rich is it ?
Being able to just forget about sums of money between 3 and 5 hundred quid in the Burnley area could put you in the rich bracket I would say.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4186 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:57 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:51 am
Being able to just forget about sums of money between 3 and 5 hundred quid in the Burnley area could put you in the rich bracket I would say.
Not really forgetting about it. Most will be on the direct debit scheme so under £30 a month to pay. Not like they keep forgetting where they have put £300 and replace it with another £300.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:15 pm

According to the Times article the Government are set to allow away fans in to the last two fixtures.

25% attendance with a maximum of 10k. Away supporters is 5%, so maximum 500.

The Turf will be 5.5k with 275 away fans if it's true.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:21 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:16 am
this whole thread is evidence that the whole passport scenario just wont work in reality
Its also evidence that social distancing is a great thing when you realise the sort of folk we were socialising with in the first place :D 8-)

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:23 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:57 am
Not really forgetting about it. Most will be on the direct debit scheme so under £30 a month to pay. Not like they keep forgetting where they have put £300 and replace it with another £300.
I paid mine. But many will have felt blackmailed that they could either continue paying when out of work and having lost most of their income OR not renew and face a price hike when they could return or lose their seat.

£30 isnt a lot to some. To others its the difference between eating when they have lost so much!

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2974 times
Has Liked: 2075 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:28 pm

I can't wait to see how the club handles this if it comes to fruition !!!

I,for one, won't be participating as I much prefer to wait until next season when there will be an atmosphere.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:31 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:23 pm
I paid mine. But many will have felt blackmailed that they could either continue paying when out of work and having lost most of their income OR not renew and face a price hike when they could return or lose their seat.

£30 isnt a lot to some. To others its the difference between eating when they have lost so much!
Having to pay a higher price for something 12 months later isn’t blackmail, it’s life!

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:56 pm

martin_p wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:31 pm
Having to pay a higher price for something 12 months later isn’t blackmail, it’s life!
I said 'felt' blackmailed. Not that they were.

Ultimately they were given the option to renew at £30 a month for something they knew there was no real prospect of being able to use in the immediate future.

Its completely understandable why many wouldnt have renewed.