Jack the Ripper

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2010 times
Has Liked: 2910 times

Re: Jack the Ripper

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:00 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:50 am
Probs right re: 1 killer tbh. Though as literally zero evidence against anyone apart from odd bits of circumstantial ( Lechmere ) I often wonder if there’s another plausible -/realistic scenario . Though I firmly believe Tabram was his 1st victim and it’s interesting that there’s plenty of quotes that many of the top brass believed “ the Whitechapel murderer”was still at large into 91/92 by dint of none of the 11 murders having a scrap of evidence . I enjoy reading about Tumblety but as a suspect he’s ludicrous IMO .

We’ll never know whether he was just very lucky getting away, bearing in mind pitch black poorly lit streets , back passages and ginnels or was some criminal mastermind . My opinion he had a decent intelligence, possibly and a big slice of luck .
Studied some Victorian maps of London, Whitechapel and the East End was just sprawling mass of back alleys and ‘red’ (extreme poverty even for the time). The population was also very transient, the Ripper picked his theatre well and it is impressive the police got as close as they did in all honesty.

eastanglianclaret
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by eastanglianclaret » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:25 pm

AlC : I also think he killed Tabram. Equally I'm not convinced that Mary Kelly was the last.

Bigvince
Been Liked: 937 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:45 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:58 am
Wouldn't surprise me if Priti Patel was somehow involved. This kind of evil seems right up her street
Couldn’t possibly be her, she was ruled out early in the investigation, due to her not being born until 1972!

eastanglianclaret

Post by eastanglianclaret » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:02 pm

Not necessarily a good reason Bigvince!! The below is taken from a very lengthy article on www.crimeandinvestigation.co.uk. It's one of the more ludicrous suggestions, of which there are plenty, but it does show that age is no boundary when it comes to a good conspiracy !! :D :D

"Was Adolf Hitler Jack the Ripper? Hitler wasn't actually born until 1889 so that seems... well, impossible. What if that's just what "they" want you to think? This theory is perhaps the most convoluted and unlikely ever concocted, encompassing as it does several other conspiracy theories. Prince Albert Victor is often put forward as a Ripper candidate in his own right. Albert Victor died in 1892 at the age of twenty-eight but, of course, this theory says that the death was faked. The Prince assumed a new identity – that of a young German boy named Adolf Hitler, who apparently, may also have been the illegitimate son of Baron Rothschild. “Evidence” for this can be found in the fact that Hitler was once said to have a good understanding of architecture although he apparently had no schooling in it. Prince Albert Victor however had studied architecture. Also, the fact that Hitler's only sibling was made change her surname once he rose to power, the dictator claiming to have no sister publicly."

Bigvince
Been Liked: 937 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:31 pm

Just read the article East Anglian, I am now sat here wearing a tin foil hat😀

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:43 pm

Bigvince wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:45 pm
Couldn’t possibly be her, she was ruled out early in the investigation, due to her not being born until 1972!
Dont underestimate her, she's not of this world!

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5554 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:59 pm

eastanglianclaret wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:02 pm
Not necessarily a good reason Bigvince!! The below is taken from a very lengthy article on www.crimeandinvestigation.co.uk. It's one of the more ludicrous suggestions, of which there are plenty, but it does show that age is no boundary when it comes to a good conspiracy !! :D :D

"Was Adolf Hitler Jack the Ripper? Hitler wasn't actually born until 1889 so that seems... well, impossible. What if that's just what "they" want you to think? This theory is perhaps the most convoluted and unlikely ever concocted, encompassing as it does several other conspiracy theories. Prince Albert Victor is often put forward as a Ripper candidate in his own right. Albert Victor died in 1892 at the age of twenty-eight but, of course, this theory says that the death was faked. The Prince assumed a new identity – that of a young German boy named Adolf Hitler, who apparently, may also have been the illegitimate son of Baron Rothschild. “Evidence” for this can be found in the fact that Hitler was once said to have a good understanding of architecture although he apparently had no schooling in it. Prince Albert Victor however had studied architecture. Also, the fact that Hitler's only sibling was made change her surname once he rose to power, the dictator claiming to have no sister publicly."
The Black Elk theory is my favourite. Newspaper readers write in to blame the foreigners. 130 years on and not much has changed for some.

eastanglianclaret

Post by eastanglianclaret » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:17 pm

There was a very real belief at the time that the murders had to have been committed by a foreigner because it was believed that no Englishman could have committed such atrocities....sad, but true....but it wasn't just foreigners who were under suspicion. I can't immediately find the reference but the press at the time claimed that, at one point, the police were searching for a baboon which had recently escaped from a boat in East India Docks in relation to the murders. The Met of course denied this! :D I kid you not!