TIME WASTING

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Untinted Glasses
Been Liked: 132 times
Has Liked: 152 times

TIME WASTING

Post by Untinted Glasses » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:59 pm

So I'm watching DAG vs SAL and Salford are 1-0 up. In the 50th minute the commentator says "Salford seem to be taking bits of extra time doing things and the ref is all over it for time wasting"

So when is time wasting classed as time wasting? If your losing 1-0 and play a certain way you don't seem to ever be penalised for time wasting.
Playing that certain way again but in a 1-0 lead is likely to see yellow cards issued.
I seem to be remember being at Anfield and a Burnley player being booked for time wasting, it was extremely harsh I thought.

So is time wasting only a thing when a team is in a winning position?

A lot may argue this thread is time wasting however it is a another genuine "pisses me off" thing.

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Re: TIME WASTING

Post by claretblue » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:05 pm

Pope was booked for time wasting in his first full game for the Clarets at Anfield!
How Norwich keeper wasn’t booked for similar offence at Turf Moor the other week is a mystery! :roll:

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11061 times
Has Liked: 5665 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:16 pm

makes me laugh when the likes of Pep complain about smaller teams time wasting yet they are happy for people like Busquets and Fernandinhio make 20 tactical fouls a game
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Guppyspotter
Been Liked: 64 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Guppyspotter » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:11 pm

The rule on time wasting is clear.

It only comes into effect during the last ten minutes of a game, only applies to the side leading the game and only if that team is in the bottom half of the table.
This user liked this post: bobinho