Will going on the Turf/live football ever be really affordable again ?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bfcjg
Been Liked: 5073 times
Has Liked: 6847 times

Will going on the Turf/live football ever be really affordable again ?

Post by bfcjg » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:29 am

The empty seats around the Turf are worrying, and it isn't just us, have the days of parents being able to easily afford to bring their children on without sacrificing something else to afford it, will the aloof attitude of owners and players etc continue especially as they drive to the grounds in pampered luxury averting their gaze away from the food bins.
With changes to working patterns/jobs available and various kick off times sometimes buying a season ticket isn't feasible it's the matchday prices that are my concern.
We keep thinking it will implode,wages will crash, tickets costs will slump but nothing.
I think we will be risking losing the next generation of fans.
This user liked this post: Woodleyclaret

Longsidelenny1882
Been Liked: 190 times

Re: Will going on the Turf/live football ever be really affordable again ?

Post by Longsidelenny1882 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:36 am

Very good post 👏👏utc

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:40 am

bfcjg wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:29 am
The empty seats around the Turf are worrying, and it isn't just us, have the days of parents being able to easily afford to bring their children on without sacrificing something else to afford it, will the aloof attitude of owners and players etc continue especially as they drive to the grounds in pampered luxury averting their gaze away from the food bins.
With changes to working patterns/jobs available and various kick off times sometimes buying a season ticket isn't feasible it's the matchday prices that are my concern.
We keep thinking it will implode,wages will crash, tickets costs will slump but nothing.
I think we will be risking losing the next generation of fans.
Well, S/T tickets have been frozen at the same price for years, and compared to other premier league clubs, they are ridiculously cheap (but still a chunk out of peoples budget)

They certainly won't be frozen any more and it will be interesting to see how much they do go up

But yeah, football has been out of reach for a huge chunk of the population for a while now and it won't get any better anytime soon

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:48 am

Why wouldn’t they be frozen again?

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5073 times
Has Liked: 6847 times

Post by bfcjg » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:52 am

Season tickets are ok,it is match day prices. I'm lucky I have always had a regular but flexible working pattern and have been fortunate enough to be able to treat family to tickets etc but in our group of supporters now two friends are now being even more picky regarding match day walk ons, one lost a decent job, the others wife has retired so it's a difficult choice.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:54 am

Like most clubs who spend X amount of years in the PL without doing much apart from surviving, fans do start to get bored of going.

A number of fans have also gotten out of the habit of going, or are staying away, due to Covid.

RMutt
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:58 am

Given that ticket sales are only a small proportion of income these days, perhaps Burnley could set an example and start lowering prices. Good publicity from the ‘community club’ angle. It might also start to redress some of the disconnect that seems to be happening with our new more corporate savvy owners.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2293 times
Has Liked: 2166 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:59 am

I honestly think it’s more to do with the fact I can get pretty much stream any game I want free of charge, I’ve sort of got used to that.

I don’t go and watch half as much as I used to these days, I could list about 5/6 excuses but ultimately I don’t have the same bug.

I am hoping it returns one day but at the moment I pick and choose the games I attend and usually avoid the big clubs.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:15 am

The answer is simply no.

Clubs employ business people to get every last penny out of us.

The club missed a great opportunity to get people back in the stadium when they did the £9 offer for Norwich and Brentford. By making it £9 per seat instead of having to be in groups of 10.

If that didn't work then it's the product on offer that's the problem (although with Cornet and more goals that's improving)

The only chance we have of lower prices is these small attendances impact on sponsorship deals. They were probably sold on near full houses seeing their adverts?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:20 am

It is very easy to blame the club for everything, don't those who claim to support Burnley but watch illegal streams while being able to afford it share some of the blame.

Season tickets are very cheap the dearest normal ticket works out less than £24 a game, but some would rather drink the £20 and watch on a tv. What can the club do with attitudes like that ? Train travel has gone silly for those having to travel from outside the North West again the club can do nothing about that.
These 3 users liked this post: Jamesy Bosscat ClaretMov

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:20 am

There’s always empty seats in corners of lower beehole and obviously Pace doesn’t have any football mates for the directors box seats . Our ST’s represent excellent value for premium corporate entertainment ( for that’s what prem league is ) Try and find a couple of hours “ A list” entertainment from concerts , theatre shows , theme parks, ski domes,etc etc and it compares very favourably.

The prem league is almost Disneyland and that’s just the way they like it .

Jamesy
Been Liked: 791 times
Has Liked: 526 times

Post by Jamesy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:33 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:20 am
It is very easy to blame the club for everything, don't those who claim to support Burnley but watch illegal streams while being able to afford it share some of the blame.

Season tickets are very cheap the dearest normal ticket works out less than £24 a game, but some would rather drink the £20 and watch on a tv. What can the club do with attitudes like that ? Train travel has gone silly for those having to travel from outside the North West again the club can do nothing about that.
Good point regarding train prices. I travel up from midlands and if I didn’t have my senior railcard it is just shy of £40 to get to Burnley return ticket.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Hipper » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:53 am

It would be interesting to know what proportion of the cost (including travel, parking, eats etc.) of attending a match at Burnley (matchday ticket price) the ticket price is?

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2320 times
Has Liked: 2696 times

Post by fatboy47 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:53 am

In comparative terms STs are reasonably priced in comparison to other clubs and competing forms of entertainment.
If I lived locally I'd find it hard to crib about prices. Negligible travel costs..eat your dinner before you go, and tea on the table when you get home...no hotels or trains to book and pay for.

The people becoming harder to attract are those from outside the area who pay a small fortune for every game they attend..
.. easy for me to say "I'm alright Jack"...Im comfortably off...but I know of many many others to whom paying over a ton to take the wife and kids to a football game would mean eating bread and jam the next week.

That's the reality... The Prem, for better or worse, is a high end product now.

RMutt

Post by RMutt » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:57 am

Those comparing prices favourably with shows, gigs etc. have to remember that football is on every other week not just a few times a year.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2596 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:01 am

Definitely for those travelling, it's become a very expensive day out. Not the club's doing but that's got to be a factor. Always feels a bit off to me when fans get chastised for not being a good enough supporter or not caring enough when they're balancing paying for everything else the family needs.

Also I'm not sure if I'm remembering this right, but I remember the Longside being mostly populated by 12-40 year olds. I bet the average age on the Turf now is way higher than it was. You wonder where the next generation are, because it's not been at the Turf for a while now.

buzzclarets79
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by buzzclarets79 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:03 am

It's not just the cost of a ticket though, the cost of living is getting higher and higher which means people disposable income is getting smaller, rising energy blls, cost of fuel etc. The cost of living is on the rise simply means that some will have to choose between going on the Turf every week or heating the house or putting food on the table for the family

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:06 am

RMutt wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:57 am
Those comparing prices favourably with shows, gigs etc. have to remember that football is on every other week not just a few times a year.
What would be best to compare it then ?

Teams in the same division ?
Teams in the same area ?
Teams in lower leagues ?

As a guide Preston are at Middlesbrough tonight and it is £30 for adults, same as it is for us at every away game.

Blackburn are charging their fans up to £25 for Peterborough at home tonight and that is a Category C game the lowest they do/

claret2018
Been Liked: 810 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:10 am

I rarely go on now, a factor of matchday ticket costs, the fact it takes me an hour to get there and an hour to get home when I only live 10 miles away so it basically takes up a quarter of my weekend, can watch any game on tv, and have just got out of the habit, as have most of the people I used to go on the match with.

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2595 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by dandeclaret » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:12 am

RMutt wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:57 am
Hence why season ticket prices are so low.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1571 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:17 am

Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:06 am
What would be best to compare it then ?

Teams in the same division ?
Teams in the same area ?
Teams in lower leagues ?

As a guide Preston are at Middlesbrough tonight and it is £30 for adults, same as it is for us at every away game.

Blackburn are charging their fans up to £25 for Peterborough at home tonight and that is a Category C game the lowest they do/
To be fair I don’t think it’s a dig at Burnley football club in particular. I think it’s aimed at football in general, however it is generally more expensive in the prem.

A perfect example of this is the Chelsea fans season tickets have increased from 1500 to 3000 for next season. (In a certain stand).

For me personally I find it difficult to justify purchasing a season ticket down to a number of reasons but typically cost is the main factor. Why would I spend a large amount of money when I can watch every single game for free. Then I can choose which games I would prefer to attend.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:19 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:17 am
To be fair I don’t think it’s a dig at Burnley football club in particular. I think it’s aimed at football in general, however it is generally more expensive in the prem.

A perfect example of this is the Chelsea fans season tickets have increased from 1500 to 3000 for next season. (In a certain stand).

For me personally I find it difficult to justify purchasing a season ticket down to a number of reasons but typically cost is the main factor. Why would I spend a large amount of money when I can watch every single game for free. Then I can choose which games I would prefer to attend.
Those illegally streaming the games week in week out are one of the biggest problems

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:21 am

Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:19 am
Those illegally streaming the games week in week out are one of the biggest problems
Surely it’s to be expected the way the cost of football is going. If tickets are priced to high larger portions will be pushed into streaming games.

RMutt

Post by RMutt » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:24 am

dandeclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:12 am
Hence why season ticket prices are so low.
Undoubtedly season tickets, particularly early bird ones, are better value for money, but they’re still quite a commitment if you’re not that well off. I don’t really get the comparison with other football clubs because, in my opinion, most football is too expensive. Even comparing to average income or the price of a pint is difficult because there are other competing forms of entertainment. Hence my earlier suggestion that perhaps BFC could be a trail bla zer for cheaper prices.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:28 am

Hipper wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:53 am
It would be interesting to know what proportion of the cost (including travel, parking, eats etc.) of attending a match at Burnley (matchday ticket price) the ticket price is?
The Brighton game I attended this season -

Oxford to Burnley 3hrs ish each way driving assuming the m6 is ok.
Fuel - £50-60
Food - £40 ish
Ticket - £35
Parking - I find one of the free spaces.

Money I'd normally make working on a Saturday - £200 minimum.
If I work in Burnley before and after the game I might make £40, so I'd lose £160 minimum.

A day out at the football for me is expensive and with fuel costs going up I'd say my fuel costs for another game would be £60-70.

If I was to bring my two teenage boys then it gets really expensive.
This user liked this post: Hipper

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:35 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:40 am
Well, S/T tickets have been frozen at the same price for years
Not that old chestnut. The marketing states season ticket price “frozen for early birds” but the reality is that there is an increase in the period between early bird prices (the previous season price) and the following season prices. Not always, but I can assure you ST prices have increased steadily over the years.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32405 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:44 am

No early bird available for anyone who hadn't had a season ticket in 2019/20 season - and the new prices were through the roof. Match day prices increased in many areas too. Where I sit is now a £50 seat if sold on a match day. Interestingly I noticed yesterday that it was £10 more than Aston Villa's most expensive seats.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:49 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:21 am
Surely it’s to be expected the way the cost of football is going. If tickets are priced to high larger portions will be pushed into streaming games.

No, if something is too expensive I don't agree that breaking the law to get it should be expected.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:50 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:48 am
Why wouldn’t they be frozen again?
New owners with different priorities at a guess

I hope I'm wrong like!

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1695 times
Has Liked: 2531 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:53 am

Some depressing reading on this thread, none more so than that relating to younger fans/ the next generation. Not that it makes our plight any better but I noticed on Sunday plenty of empty seats at the Etihad. Doesn't bode well for the future.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:53 am

Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:49 am
No, if something is too expensive I don't agree that breaking the law to get it should be expected.
But how is it one of the biggest problems? Surely the pricing is the biggest problem

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:57 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:50 am
New owners with different priorities at a guess

I hope I'm wrong like!
If less people are buying a product at its current price it would be madness to address that by increasing them.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:59 am

Zlatan wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:35 am
Not that old chestnut. The marketing states season ticket price “frozen for early birds” but the reality is that there is an increase in the period between early bird prices (the previous season price) and the following season prices. Not always, but I can assure you ST prices have increased steadily over the years.
by how much though?

You need to put some figures on that, because if it has gone up, its not gone up by enough for me to think about not going

But I do pay by DDs, and I haven't really noticed the increase

And they are still ridiculously cheap for the premier league

Burnley1989

Post by Burnley1989 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:01 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:53 am
But how is it one of the biggest problems? Surely the pricing is the biggest problem
I wouldn't waste your time mate

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32405 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:02 am

Zlatan wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:35 am
The marketing states "frozen for early birds" because that's exactly what it's been. Season ticket prices hadn't gone up at all in that time. The big non-early bird price increases this yearn were the first since 2014.

Burnley1989

Post by Burnley1989 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:03 am

I’ve a young family and there’s more to life these days than disappearing for the day when I’ve worked away all week, nothing to do with ‘not supporting the club’ I just pick and choose.

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 1220 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:05 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:28 am
The Brighton game I attended this season -

Oxford to Burnley 3hrs ish each way driving assuming the m6 is ok.
Fuel - £50-60
Food - £40 ish
Ticket - £35
Parking - I find one of the free spaces.

Money I'd normally make working on a Saturday - £200 minimum.
If I work in Burnley before and after the game I might make £40, so I'd lose £160 minimum.

A day out at the football for me is expensive and with fuel costs going up I'd say my fuel costs for another game would be £60-70.

If I was to bring my two teenage boys then it gets really expensive.
Forty quid for food, for one person for one day?? Where are you eating?? You don’t HAVE to spend that on food, that’s a choice.
This user liked this post: SouthLondonexile

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 300 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:06 am

The league needs to stop streams for a start. Everyone uses them.
Every club in the league has been down on attendance recently though.

Ours will improve if we keep playing well but I think matchday prices are a touch unreasonable. £45 now for tickets that we’re £30 a couple of years ago. For a family of 4 thats a £60 increase which seems steep.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:11 am

PaintYorkClaretnBlue wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:05 am
Forty quid for food, for one person for one day?? Where are you eating?? You don’t HAVE to spend that on food, that’s a choice.
I thought that.

I spend about that if I have 10 pints and a takeaway.

dushanbe
Been Liked: 396 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by dushanbe » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:14 am

Whichever way you slice it, matchday prices are too expensive. When I started going on my own it was pocket money, even in the 80s - £1.50 on the Beehole and (I think) £2.50 on the Longside. If I was 14 now and didn't have a season ticket I know I wouldn't be able to afford it and thats what happens when football as a business is as bonkers as it is. Show me another business where 90% of income is paid to employees.

As others have alluded, the problem isn't necessarily now, its 10 - 15 years time when the next generation of potential fans haven't been exposed to it live.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:15 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:53 am
The fact that you even typed that will lead me to taking 1989s advice and not waste my own time either.

pompeyclaret
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by pompeyclaret » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:16 am

I used to go to 2-3 games a season, but my parents have moved from the Burnley area (very inconsiderate!) so now any trip would either involve a hotel or very long day. Being on the south coast, cost of fuel and travelling time, that's considerable time and cost. Is also a big chunk out of the weekend when I want to be with the family.

I'm hoping to do a few away games, however that doesn't improve the Turf attendance.

Maybe when the kids are older, they might want to go, and be bearable in the car. But ultimately many of us have alternatives, and they appear to have become more important.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:18 am

Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:15 am
The fact that you even typed that will lead me to taking 1989s advice and not waste my own time either.
I just genuinely don’t understand how that is the biggest problem.

Surely if the prices were lower then more fans would attend making the streams null and void?

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:21 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:18 am
I just genuinely don’t understand how that is the biggest problem.

Surely if the prices were lower then more fans would attend making the streams null and void?
I said "one of the biggest" which you repeated then changed to "the" biggest which I never said.

You don't think that piracy and the streaming of games is an issue in English football that is fair enough.

What price would make you attend instead of streaming the game illegally ?

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3595 times
Has Liked: 1028 times

Post by jedi_master » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:23 am

My Direct Debit for my season ticket hasn't risen from £33 a month for what feels like a decade or so (I am sure it has done, but I cannot remember it) - that's for the Jimmy Mac Upper and personally I feel is good value for Premier League football, and so I would for Championship too.

This season feels 'free' to me because my credit from paying for last season has been used, hence no payments being taken. I will be keen to see if the Direct Debit returns from April ready for next season, or whether that option has now gone with the Covid credit payments making this an easy opportunity to 'switch them off'.

I don't mind paying a lump sum if that is the case - but will be interested to see what the price increase is. If walk on increases this season are any guide, I think we can expect to see a rather large one. Personally, I think it would be a silly decision to raise too much in the current financial climate, particularly in Burnley (not that I live there, personally), but I think a rise of anything up to 10% is somewhat reasonable, really. We have had our prices frozen for an age, and everything is going up in price. I think we all need to expect a 5-10% rise in season ticket prices to account for inflation and the fact we have had it so good price wise for so long, in my opinion...

Paddy1882
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by Paddy1882 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:23 am

Burnley1989 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:59 am
I honestly think it’s more to do with the fact I can get pretty much stream any game I want free of charge, I’ve sort of got used to that.

I don’t go and watch half as much as I used to these days, I could list about 5/6 excuses but ultimately I don’t have the same bug.

I am hoping it returns one day but at the moment I pick and choose the games I attend and usually avoid the big clubs.
Pretty much in a identical situation. I can watch the game while the mrs goes out shopping or for lunch, not have to worry about being stuck in traffic or being late home if I have evening plans and the main reason is I can’t justify the outlay on the ticket price and a few beers or diesel when my interest at the moment is not what it used to be.

I’m sure there will be others with the same view while others will think it’s wrong but that’s life.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:24 am

Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:21 am
I said "one of the biggest" which you repeated then changed to "the" biggest which I never said.

You don't think that piracy and the streaming of games is an issue in English football that is fair enough.

What price would make you attend instead of streaming the game illegally ?
I’m not accusing you anything, apologies for the mis spelling.

I am not saying it’s not a problem but it’s not the fans faults it’s the Fa and the clubs that need to come up with a solution.

I think £20 should be the limit at all football clubs across the country for every game.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:27 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:24 am
I’m not accusing you anything, apologies for the mis spelling.

I am not saying it’s not a problem but it’s not the fans faults it’s the Fa and the clubs that need to come up with a solution.

I think £20 should be the limit at all football clubs across the country for every game.
The individual is to blame for streaming the game that person is the one who has decided to do that.

So if it was £20 you would attend rather than stream the game ?

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2596 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:30 am

jedi_master wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:23 am
I think we all need to expect a 5-10% rise in season ticket prices to account for inflation and the fact we have had it so good price wise for so long, in my opinion...
If that happens, it makes our decision easier. One of the things with Lockdown II last year was we got into just ambling down to our non league club, no hassle around tickets, £5 to get in.. it's just a pleasant, easy afternoon. OK, you don't see prime DeBruyne or a Maxwell Cornet in the North East Counties League but for around £100 an afternoon less, it's a better use of time and money.

We'll still go to the Turf but not so much, but then I've always been comfortable with being a fair weather fan.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:33 am

Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:27 am
The individual is to blame for streaming the game that person is the one who has decided to do that.

So if it was £20 you would attend rather than stream the game ?
As a general rule yes it would make more attractive.