3rd Ashes Test - Australia v England - MCG

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
beddie
Been Liked: 1384 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Re: 3rd Ashes Test - Australia v England - MCG

Post by beddie » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:46 am

Embarrassing. No fight. Several of them want replacing. No pressure then for the 4th test. Reputations on the line?

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:12 am

Silverwood ‘we have to find a way to compete against Australia. There are positives to take out of this’.

Is he on the wind up? The only positive I’m sure of is that he isn’t up to the job.

timshorts
Been Liked: 410 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:49 am

As somebody that has never really got the tediously repetitive nature of the ashes series isn't it about time that these fixtures were spaced further apart? England seem forever to be playing Australia.

I'm pleased that we've got West indies away next. That one is always much more enjoyable.

I guess burns will be back next game and it will be hameeds turn to be "rested". I'd add buttler to the list of players that have not completely tanked in the series. His innings end of test 2 was the closest thing we've seen to a test match innings for a while, and not out again last night. The knock has always been that he is not good enough to justify his place as a pure batsman/slip catcher. Given how the others have done, that doesn't really hold good now, does it?

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:57 am

Apparently this England squad is the first England squad to ever go to Australia, where not a single player has had a century in Australia.

We wonder why we are struggling to get past 200

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:04 am

Is there anything stopping pulling together a group of ex-pats together for the remaining matches?

They’d put up more of a fight then what we saw last night

Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 647 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by Andreshotboots » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:08 am

They were more bothered pre tour about arguing with the Australian authorities about getting their families over than preparing for an Ashes series.

Time for a major overhaul. They need to make at least 7 changes for the next squad/ series, put in the young lions players who’ve shown promise and stick with them.

If we have a few poor series until they gain the international experience, so what. Could they do any worse than this shower?

Totally obliterated by a decent, but not world beating Australian team..

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:09 am

The "Knives" are out for "Spoons" already. :lol:

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5521 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:11 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:57 am
Apparently this England squad is the first England squad to ever go to Australia, where not a single player has had a century in Australia.

We wonder why we are struggling to get past 200
I think Stokes has one.

The stat is probably skewed a bit by the fact that there are a few in the squad who haven't played in Australia before.

Either way, Root aside no batter in the squad has a record any better than at test level.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:18 am

Malan also got one in the last series in Perth

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 1000 times
Has Liked: 2044 times

Post by LeadBelly » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:19 am

kentonclaret wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:09 am
The "Knives" are out for "Spoons" already. :lol:
So they fork in should be.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:20 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:11 am
I think Stokes has one.

The stat is probably skewed a bit by the fact that there are a few in the squad who haven't played in Australia before.

Either way, Root aside no batter in the squad has a record any better than at test level.
You could be right, there was a lad on Talksport saying that this morning.

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1176 times
Has Liked: 635 times

Post by Tribesmen » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:28 am

68 all out , goodness

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:29 am

Questions being asked in Australia as to how the England opening batsmen passed the PCR (Played Cricket Recently) Test. :lol:

Papabendi
Been Liked: 346 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:29 am

We won't be moving forward until the Management and Captain stop sugar coating
This user liked this post: LeadBelly

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:32 am

The writing has been on the wall for some time, especially with the bat.

I think we all knew a heavy series defeat was on the cards as we were watching the India series.

County Cricket needs a complete reset, although I’m not sure they’ll be an appetite for it.
This coach has been a disaster and I’ve said for some time what a poor captain Root is.
They’ll both be replaced but it’ll just be papering over the cracks.

Coming out and blasting players in public isn’t going to help anyone, at least they’ve got that bit right.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:32 am

It’s all part of a cunning plan to bankrupt Aus cricket. Make them lose at least two days income on each test and be so bad that no one can be bothered to turn up.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:34 am

Dreadful stuff but no surprise. Until they start taking preparation seriously for a five test series then this will be the result. Still least they’ve got some more meaningless one day games lined up in the West Indies in March to look forward to.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:31 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:32 am
The writing has been on the wall for some time, especially with the bat.

I think we all knew a heavy series defeat was on the cards as we were watching the India series.

County Cricket needs a complete reset, although I’m not sure they’ll be an appetite for it.
This coach has been a disaster and I’ve said for some time what a poor captain Root is.
They’ll both be replaced but it’ll just be papering over the cracks.

Coming out and blasting players in public isn’t going to help anyone, at least they’ve got that bit right.
I disagree.

You don’t need to name individual players but a simple public acknowledgement that the team performances haven’t been good enough and fall below expectations should be a given.

Talk of pockets of play and pushing back etc, it’s all nonsense and too nice.

If the players can’t handle the captain publicly acknowledging the fact we’ve not been good enough they should t be there.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:39 am

Assuming they aren't going to fly anybody out, and let's be honest what's the point, I'd go with the following for Sydney.

Burns
Crawley
Malan
Root
Stokes
Pope
Buttler
Lawrence
Overton
Robinson
Broad

But in reality whichever XI they choose it won't be good enough.

And this is an Australian side who have only fielded their 1st choice bowling in 1 test out of 3, yet they've still easily blown England away, heaven knows how dire the scorecards would have looked if Cummins and Hazlewood had played at Adelaide.

Root has to step down as skip, and concentrate purely on his batting, and Silverwood needs binning ASAP, if this is how poorly England perform after supposedly 2 years planning having gone into this series, then you have to ponder precisely what they were planning.

Yes they've suffered injuries, but so have Australia, and so did India when they toured Oz last year, and it's not just this series where the wheels have came off, England have struggled with the bat for a long time now, and that's with Root scoring buckets of runs in the calendar year.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:47 am

As for the longer term, the domestic schedule has to change, it's an absolute waste of time playing CC in April/May then September, it's little wonder England's batsmen are underprepared and rusty.

The Hundred has to go for me, either that or the T20, and let's get a scaled down 4 day game season, where every game means something, and it's played on decent surfaces, not the bowler friendly conditions in the spring and late summer, which lead to teams being rolled over for next to nothing, even by average seamers or spinners.

There's an awful lot more that the ECB need to put right, but that would at least be a start towards developing test match cricketers who will stand a hope of competing with the likes of India, New Zealand and of course Australia even away from home.

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:56 am

Need to have a massive re-investment in County Cricket with some format changes and scrap the farce that is the Hundred.

Obviously Silverwood should have resigned by now

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1967 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Post by FCBurnley » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:10 am

Wordless

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:10 am

A comment nicked from the BBC live feed, but it's hard to argue with anything it says.

Sack Tom Harrison, get rid of the Hundred, play the County Championship in June, July and August, pick your best players on form, then pick the captain. We’ve got series against West Indies, New Zealand and South Africa to pick ourselves up. Don’t over blame the players - Crawley and Pope have decent techniques.

BTW who the hell is Tom Harrison you might well ask. because his name wasn't familiar to me, a quick Google shows he's Chief Executive Officer at the ECB, well he needs to be held accountable for this s**tshow at that case, heads need to roll, never mind all the waffle about reviews and we'll learn lessons, I've heard it all before, and TBH I'm sick and tired of hearing the same old excuses every time we get thrashed down under.

Needless to state Silverwood can also find the exit door for me, he's brought absolutely nothing to the England set-up that I can see during his tenure, in fact if anything we've regressed in the test arena.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:39 am

tiger76 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:10 am
A comment nicked from the BBC live feed, but it's hard to argue with anything it says.

Sack Tom Harrison, get rid of the Hundred, play the County Championship in June, July and August, pick your best players on form, then pick the captain. We’ve got series against West Indies, New Zealand and South Africa to pick ourselves up. Don’t over blame the players - Crawley and Pope have decent techniques.

BTW who the hell is Tom Harrison you might well ask. because his name wasn't familiar to me, a quick Google shows he's Chief Executive Officer at the ECB, well he needs to be held accountable for this s**tshow at that case, heads need to roll, never mind all the waffle about reviews and we'll learn lessons, I've heard it all before, and TBH I'm sick and tired of hearing the same old excuses every time we get thrashed down under.

Needless to state Silverwood can also find the exit door for me, he's brought absolutely nothing to the England set-up that I can see during his tenure, in fact if anything we've regressed in the test arena.
Unfortunately it's the short form stuff that brings the money in, which is all the ECB seems interested in. There's no way they'll ever admit that the Hundred is an unneeded vanity project so we're stuck with it.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32241 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:46 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:34 am
His team mates need blasting Tony.

He’s our best player, the others need a rocket and as their skipper he should be the man to deliver it.

It’s all too nice, referring to the head coach as “Spoons” etc, it’s pathetic.

Professional sports people are accountable if they underperform and shouldn’t be afraid of being told be it publicly or behind closed doors.

We’ve lost a series without even making it to the half way point. They should be ashamed.
I would hope they’ve had a blasting in the dressing room at the very least.

As for Spoons, it’s disrespectful to call him that but you would hope the coach is out of work by the time they get home.

I’ve been watching Ashes cricket since they were over here in 1961 with Benaud as captain. Over those 60 years they have generally been better than us. We’ve had 5-0 defeats but I can’t think I’ve ever witnessed anything as bad as this.

Coach and captain have to go although the captain must remain in the team. I can’t think of too many others I’d retain and some of them just have to be playing test cricket for the final time.

I don’t even think this is a particularly good Australian team. Just think what might have happened if this lot of ours had come up against the Aussies from around 20 years ago.

A good England team gives the whole game of cricket a lift in this country and an Ashes win takes it to a different level. We are miles away from that.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:47 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:39 am
Unfortunately it's the short form stuff that brings the money in, which is all the ECB seems interested in. There's no way they'll ever admit that the Hundred is an unneeded vanity project so we're stuck with it.
Fine then expect to experience 5-0 losses every time we visit Australia, and on this form It's hard to see a test nation that England can actually beat home or away.

1 win in 12 tests I think it is now, and we all know that will soon be 1 in 14.

Milltown1882
Been Liked: 1102 times
Has Liked: 854 times

Post by Milltown1882 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:55 am

tiger76 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:10 am

Throw central contracts in with that too.

SalisburyClaret

Post by SalisburyClaret » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:55 am

It's all about money - Ultimately the ECB do what the IPL tell them - they fund cricket worldwide.
The players are only interested in the money that the IPl and white-ball cricket can bring them

Its time for the ECB to take radical action - don't hold your breath

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:57 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:46 am
I would hope they’ve had a blasting in the dressing room at the very least.

As for Spoons, it’s disrespectful to call him that but you would hope the coach is out of work by the time they get home.

I’ve been watching Ashes cricket since they were over here in 1961 with Benaud as captain. Over those 60 years they have generally been better than us. We’ve had 5-0 defeats but I can’t think I’ve ever witnessed anything as bad as this.

Coach and captain have to go although the captain must remain in the team. I can’t think of too many others I’d retain and some of them just have to be playing test cricket for the final time.

I don’t even think this is a particularly good Australian team. Just think what might have happened if this lot of ours had come up against the Aussies from around 20 years ago.

A good England team gives the whole game of cricket a lift in this country and an Ashes win takes it to a different level. We are miles away from that.
Captain and coach have to go at the end of this series, even in the 90's I don't remember us being this bad, and that was against a great Australian outfit, this present Australian team are decent, but no better than that, and they lost at home to effectively a 2nd string India only a year ago.

The very fact a debutant (Boland) can trundle in and run through England as easily as he did says it all really, a great story for him especially given his
Aboriginal origins, but England made him look like Malcolm Marshall in his pomp.

54 ducks in a year, equalling England's own record says more than I need too.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32241 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:02 pm

As an aside, does anyone have any suggestions for captain?

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:03 pm

Milltown1882 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:55 am
Throw central contracts in with that too.
Yep I mentioned that after the 2nd test debacle, time to remove the comfort blanket, and make the players really earn their places by scoring runs in domestic cricket, just maybe then they won't be so eager to disappear to the IPL so readily.

And if they don't like it then fine, find guys who will knuckle down and earn their corn and take pride in representing the country.

Christ a bunch of club cricketers could fare better than this motley crue are performing in this series.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:23 pm

It was patently obvious that we weren't going to do owt in this series, but still.

No preparation, folk coming back from injury, hardly any cricket played, inexperience and batters who still can't bat.

A recipe for disaster, but they've still been pathetic.

CleggHall
Been Liked: 838 times
Has Liked: 1044 times

Post by CleggHall » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:29 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:02 pm
That’s quite a big aside!
Anderson or Broad would be my short-term picks and I don’t think Stokes should be considered. With hindsight Stokes should not have been picked. All a bit of a mess but it’s been coming a few years now and the Hundred makes things worse.

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:06 pm

SalisburyClaret wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:55 am
It's all about money - Ultimately the ECB do what the IPL tell them - they fund cricket worldwide.
The players are only interested in the money that the IPl and white-ball cricket can bring them

Its time for the ECB to take radical action - don't hold your breath
Nonsense, how do the other nations manage it?

SalisburyClaret

Post by SalisburyClaret » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:15 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:06 pm
Nonsense, how do the other nations manage it?
Without explaining completely how global cricket is funded - All Cricket nations and their authorities contribute players to the IPL and adjust their schedules and player contracts accordingly. The IPL pays them for this - this funds the majority of global cricket. The IPL has over 370 million viewers and is worth billions - nothing else comes remotely close.

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:25 pm

SalisburyClaret wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:15 pm
Without explaining completely how global cricket is funded - All Cricket nations and their authorities contribute players to the IPL and adjust their schedules and player contracts accordingly. The IPL pays them for this - this funds the majority of global cricket. The IPL has over 370 million viewers and is worth billions - nothing else comes remotely close.
In general there are 10 English players in the IPL (usually half of them not Test players), similar number of Kiwis, probably double the amount of Australians and obviously far more Indians, so any suggestion that the England players are just chasing the money or the IPL is to blame is nonsense. All of the other elite nations manage it and perform far better than we do in test cricket!

Our problems are pretty much all of our own making.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1967 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Post by FCBurnley » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:28 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:02 pm
Ben Mee

SalisburyClaret

Post by SalisburyClaret » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:54 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:25 pm
In general there are 10 English players in the IPL (usually half of them not Test players), similar number of Kiwis, probably double the amount of Australians and obviously far more Indians, so any suggestion that the England players are just chasing the money or the IPL is to blame is nonsense. All of the other elite nations manage it and perform far better than we do in test cricket!

Our problems are pretty much all of our own making.
I think we sort of half agree - Our problems are of our own making. The ECB could change things but don’t, they can’t take any focus away from the short forms of the game because that’s where so much of their revenue comes from - they have to feed the IPL and the players want to play there as it sets them up for life.

Other nations have achieved a better balance. Take the 3 key players out of our side and we are at a pretty low ebb

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 719 times
Has Liked: 510 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:43 pm

Is it a lack of skill though? Many of these players have shown they are more than capable or else they wouldn't be there. There is a massive lack of belief and mental fortitude in this team and i'd say half of what makes up any sportsperson is the mental side of things. You can be a world beater but if you can't handle adversity or pressure you will go nowhere..you will get found out.
You can see the confidence and attitude of the Australian players. Unfortunately it more often than not shows itself in cockiness and arrogance but that is not always a bad thing. They back themselves against pressure..almost thrive on it. Contrast that to the England players. We crumble. We look scared and tentative..end up playing defensively and playing silly shots. The technique they have been taught and are good at goes out of the window.

A good sports psychologist needs to get hold of this England team..and it starts from "Mr Too Nice" Joe Root. We need to develop an arrogance and more importantly a sense of belief.

clansman
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 89 times

Post by clansman » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:48 pm

Do you think Sir Alistair Cook could be lured out of international retirement!😁

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:50 pm

SalisburyClaret wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:54 pm
I think we sort of half agree - Our problems are of our own making. The ECB could change things but don’t, they can’t take any focus away from the short forms of the game because that’s where so much of their revenue comes from - they have to feed the IPL and the players want to play there as it sets them up for life.

Other nations have achieved a better balance. Take the 3 key players out of our side and we are at a pretty low ebb
Clearly the ECB don't give two hoots about test cricket anymore, hence the bizarre schedule ahead of an Ashes series.

I'm guessing the 3 key players are Anderson, Root & Stokes, well one of them will be hanging his whites up soon, as good as he is Jimmy can't go on forever, Root thankfully has maintained his form with the bat, his average of 61 in 2021 is amazing considering the tough matches England have faced this year, but his future as skipper mist be under serious question now, and Stokes although a great talisman has his own personal issues, plus he's woefully out of nick, and also becoming increasingly injury prone recently.

One of the few bright spots, indeed perhaps the only ray of light from this series has been the emergence of Ollie Robinson.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:55 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:23 pm
It was patently obvious that we weren't going to do owt in this series, but still.

No preparation, folk coming back from injury, hardly any cricket played, inexperience and batters who still can't bat.

A recipe for disaster, but they've still been pathetic.
It's not just this series though is it, England have been on the decline as a test side for a few years now, and TBH the excuses are wearing thin now.

The real concern is who's waiting in the wings to replace any of the present bunch, and I don't see many obvious contenders making a claim, perhaps one or two of the Lions will step up over the winter and throw their hats into the ring, because it's patently obvious this group aren't going to win many test matches.

Milltown1882
Been Liked: 1102 times
Has Liked: 854 times

Post by Milltown1882 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:34 pm

Friends in Oz didn’t want us to miss out on the sports pages…
Attachments
E60F377E-8422-4418-8EBB-50CD760AF967.jpeg
E60F377E-8422-4418-8EBB-50CD760AF967.jpeg (269.8 KiB) Viewed 963 times
1A0CB8B8-A361-4260-A0AA-E2F6A3B7C7E9.jpeg
1A0CB8B8-A361-4260-A0AA-E2F6A3B7C7E9.jpeg (592.13 KiB) Viewed 963 times

timshorts

Post by timshorts » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:23 am

tiger76 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:39 am
Assuming they aren't going to fly anybody out, and let's be honest what's the point, I'd go with the following for Sydney.

Burns
Crawley
Malan
Root
Stokes
Pope
Buttler
Lawrence
Overton
Robinson
Broad

But in reality whichever XI they choose it won't be good enough.
I know the lions have gone home, but as it is absolutely the norm these days for an England team to go into a test match with no preparation, and as we actually do have some class batsmen touring Australia, then why not pick them?

Cook
Butcher
Trott
Thorpe
Gower
Collingwood
Prior wk
Patel
Broad
Anderson
Harmison

One or two may be a bit slow between the wickets, mind. Silverwood can be drinks carrier. He'd probably be good at that.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:03 pm

timshorts wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:23 am
I know the lions have gone home, but as it is absolutely the norm these days for an England team to go into a test match with no preparation, and as we actually do have some class batsmen touring Australia, then why not pick them?

Cook
Butcher
Trott
Thorpe
Gower
Collingwood
Prior wk
Patel
Broad
Anderson
Harmison

One or two may be a bit slow between the wickets, mind. Silverwood can be drinks carrier. He'd probably be good at that.
I know you're being flippant, but honestly that side could hardly fare any worse could it.

However whether I'd trust Silverwood with the drinks I'm not sure. :)

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:06 pm

timshorts wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:23 am

Cook
Butcher
Trott
Thorpe
Gower
Collingwood
Prior wk
Patel
Broad
Anderson
Harmison

Patel?

timshorts

Post by timshorts » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:14 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:06 pm
Patel?
England spin coach. Min patel.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:27 pm

timshorts wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:14 pm
England spin coach. Min patel.
Ah, right. Didn't realise he was on the coaching staff. Wondered why you'd included a player who only had a handful of caps with the others.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:07 pm

Have our chances of a result in Sydney just dramatically increased?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59823055
This user liked this post: SalisburyClaret

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2568 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:34 pm

Sometimes you just have to give it to the headline writers..... this is very very good..... unfortunately
FHxEs1VXwAMv2V_.jpeg
FHxEs1VXwAMv2V_.jpeg (150.79 KiB) Viewed 781 times