Will the D of Y ever see inside a courtroom?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bobinho
Been Liked: 4108 times
Has Liked: 6591 times

Will the D of Y ever see inside a courtroom?

Post by bobinho » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:56 pm

Just seen this….

http://news.sky.com/story/prince-andrew ... t-12505410

Seems like his legal team will grab hold of anything to see this case doesn’t actually reach the courtroom.

It just seems to me like they will be better off not actually getting there than proving outright his innocence. Surely he will know that preventing a trial will always leave an element of doubt from everyone?

I don’t know either way, but I would prefer the truth be out and justice to be done whatever that brings.

Milltown1882
Been Liked: 1102 times
Has Liked: 856 times

Re: Will the D of Y ever see inside a courtroom?

Post by Milltown1882 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:08 pm

Probably means Maxwell is about to get found guilty and he’s hanging on by every thread possible. The second she gets found guilty names will be thrown.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5091 times
Has Liked: 6907 times

Post by bfcjg » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:37 am

It does smell of desperation. Looks like he has hired the American version of mr loophole.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:46 am

I fear Ghislaine Maxwell Is about to get off. Jury seems split....taking too much time!

It’s the super rich and their many lawyers casting doubts, as we saw in the O J Simpson case.

Randy Andy should have faced the accuser in court.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10257 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:04 am

Will any of our corrupt politicians ever see inside a courtroom ? They too should be held to account but it's not going to happen.

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 357 times
Has Liked: 330 times

Post by HahaYeah » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:11 am

The strange thing about this case is why did the security services allow it to happen?

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:11 am

The case against Randy is based ( I think ) of him having sex with his accuser when she was 17 and said accuser is saying one of these liaisons was in the US where 18 is age of consent .RA should have just admitted the fling as it’s always a 50/50 “ where he was” etc . Odious though EP and Max were/are ,the sheer money grubbing and bullshine of the accusers is a sight to behold .

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 2698 times

Post by fatboy47 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:40 am

AlargeClaret wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:11 am
The case against Randy is based ( I think ) of him having sex with his accuser when she was 17 and said accuser is saying one of these liaisons was in the US where 18 is age of consent .RA should have just admitted the fling as it’s always a 50/50 “ where he was” etc . Odious though EP and Max were/are ,the sheer money grubbing and bullshine of the accusers is a sight to behold .

I expect she was begging for it/asking for trouble/dressed provocatively . Delete as applicable.

To some, the rights of wealthy men to stick their organs into the young and vulnerable will always be acceptable. Thankfully in a civilised society its no longer the thing.
This user liked this post: Terrier

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:45 am

Judging from his TV interview, his counsel probably realise he will make a **** witness so don't want to do anything that will mean that he ever ends up in a witness box.

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:01 am

If she's Australian hold the trial there

bobinho

Post by bobinho » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:28 am

fatboy47 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:40 am
I expect she was begging for it/asking for trouble/dressed provocatively . Delete as applicable.

To some, the rights of wealthy men to stick their organs into the young and vulnerable will always be acceptable. Thankfully in a civilised society its no longer the thing.
Whilst it’s now (rightly) considered unacceptable, it still happens far too often.

We don’t have to look very far to see this happening all around us, and sadly there will be more of it coming to the fore. Maybe not using the extremes of wealth demonstrated here, but there are still regular instances of middle aged men with a few bob taking advantage of the young and vulnerable.

When it happens, it MUST be called out, properly investigated and the correct prosecutions brought resulting in the most severe of penalties. But it’s gotta be done right, no loopholes, no dropped prosecutions because of a wrongly filed in form or something being misspelled. No snake eyed “lawyers” trying to find something that isn’t there, and nothing like this case either, which may not get to court because neither person is deemed to be American because the alledged victim now lives in Australia. That doesn’t actually serve justice, and the morally bereft lawyers know that, but it’s all about money to them.

Having said all that, if this is just a money making exercise, (which is possible) then the full weight of the law should be brought down upon false accusers as much as it should be for any guilty party.

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:28 am

A short answer is No.
The USA cannot afford to upset our establishment.The Harry Dunn situation may have opened certain inroads but the Americans really cannot afford to financially or in any other way take us on. I know geopolitics inside out and they need us far more than we need them and trust me. They need us. They're not going to alienate us for the sake of some random case.
I'm not saying Andrew shouldn't face justice as he has form but the Americans need us and this would end the special relationship in so many bad ways that would affect the world,not just some disgraced minor member or royalty.
The Americans simply cannot afford to lose us as an ally at all. AT ALL.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5091 times
Has Liked: 6907 times

Post by bfcjg » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:30 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:01 am
If she's Australian hold the trial there
Just imagine his response when his barrister says your highness you are going to have to go down under.
"Ding dong sounds a bit saucy but hey ho I'm game for anything "

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:54 am

bfcjg wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:30 am
Just imagine his response when his barrister says your highness you are going to have to go down under.
"Ding dong sounds a bit saucy but hey ho I'm game for anything "
Thanks for that, I've just got a bollocking off my wife for spraying coffee all over the living room carpet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This user liked this post: bfcjg

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:55 am

fatboy47 wrote:

The accusers case put forward is ,Randy allegedly commiting statutory rape. ( though this is now a civil case for money etc )As a long term highly trusted employee of the Epstein’s operation it’s pretty obvious what went on . If RA broke the law he deserves what he gets end of . He’s a slippery shyster who should be charged with perjury as well IMO .

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 3833 times

Post by NewClaret » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:59 am

I have no idea whether he’s guilty. If I were hazarding a guess, I’d say he probably is, but equally likely that she’s on the make to some degree or other. And could be embellishing or twisting the truth in order to profit financially. I can’t imagine there’s sufficient evidence to form a solid conviction.

That article suggests she lives in Australia in a $2m home, so odd that she’s brought a civil case in the US.

As for it being an act of desperation, lawyers will always attempt to get any case thrown out before they go to court because preparing for and running a court case is horrendously expensive; costs you can’t recover. And always comes with an element of stress/risk even if you’re completely innocent.

For her lawyers, who are probably working for free and hoping for a settlement to pay their fees, getting it thrown out would be the worst possible outcome.
This user liked this post: AfloatinClaret

Peter Loo
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Peter Loo » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:01 am

The word desperation springs to mind.
This user liked this post: winsomeyen

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 863 times
Has Liked: 1097 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:04 am

The American judicial system appears farcical as we saw with the O J Simpson case. There is no way IMO that Maxwell did not know what was going on or wasn’t a part of it. As for Andy no he won’t go to court.

Stanbill05
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Stanbill05 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:07 am

Throw the book at everyone involved. Including the families (both sides) if applicable. Who lets a 17 year old (or younger) jet round the world with a weird rich couple? What did they think was going on? I suspect they were thinking kerching then and were happy and are thinking kerching now. Was the girl old enough to make her own choices? If the answer is no, the facilitating parents need to be in the dock too. Sordid all round.
This user liked this post: NewClaret

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:09 am

No matter the outcome of this case, the fella is guilty in my eyes. He has hidden, ducked and dived throughout this for years. He’s just delaying the inevitable.
These 2 users liked this post: Billy Balfour winsomeyen

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:24 am

Stanbill05 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:07 am
Throw the book at everyone involved. Including the families (both sides) if applicable. Who lets a 17 year old (or younger) jet round the world with a weird rich couple? What did they think was going on? I suspect they were thinking kerching then and were happy and are thinking kerching now. Was the girl old enough to make her own choices? If the answer is no, the facilitating parents need to be in the dock too. Sordid all round.
This.

I just cannot imagine letting my 17 year old son (never mind daughter!!!) go jet setting with a weird couple. She wasn’t an adult by all accounts. If there’s a case to answer, surely there’s also one of child neglect on her parents behalf?

All a very seedy business.

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:49 am

claptrappers_union wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:09 am
No matter the outcome of this case, the fella is guilty in my eyes. He has hidden, ducked and dived throughout this for years. He’s just delaying the inevitable.
Guilty of what in your eyes?

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3083 times
Has Liked: 5064 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:55 am

bobinho wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:56 pm
Just seen this….

Z
Seems like his legal team will grab hold of anything to see this case doesn’t actually reach the courtroom.

It just seems to me like they will be better off not actually getting there than proving outright his innocence. Surely he will know that preventing a trial will always leave an element of doubt from everyone?

I don’t know either way, but I would prefer the truth be out and justice to be done whatever that brings.
The problem is, in the minds of Americans, and to many in this country, he is already guilty. It would be impossible for him to receive a fair trial. The media have played this to death, on both sides of the Atlantic.
I don't know whether he is innocent or not, but I severely doubt any of the girls involved were innocent. Does that make it right, of course not, but I feel it makes it worth dropping.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:04 pm

bobinho wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:56 pm
Just seen this….

He wouldn’t be proving his innocence the prosecution would have to prove his guilt. He is already innocent, a fact that you and a few others seem to miss.

There would still be some that wouldn’t accept any verdict other than guilty (same with Maxwell)

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:07 pm

By an account given by one of the ‘witnesses’ in the Ghislaine Maxwell trial, the Australian woman is guilty of the same alleged crimes that she is accused of. No wonder that she didn’t appear as a witness. She might well have been arrested herself.

minnieclaret
Been Liked: 2012 times
Has Liked: 2287 times

Post by minnieclaret » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:08 pm

Would any of you want a civil court action in an American court?
There is no justice in that country just results bought by whoever has the most money or political power.
Someone posted above that the legal age in America is 18 but I’m sure I read that this was in Florida, where the alleged assignation took place. Going off the photo she certainly doesn’t look 17.

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:10 pm

fatboy47 wrote:

‘A civilised society’? Are you having a laugh?

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:36 pm

conyoviejo wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:49 am
Guilty of what in your eyes?
Having sex multiple times with a 17 year old girl who he knew was a victim of sex trafficking arranged by his multi-millionaire friends.
These 2 users liked this post: Billy Balfour winsomeyen

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 2048 times

Post by LeadBelly » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:46 pm

Ghislaine Maxwell and Prince Andrew are both privileged, arrogant despicable types IMO but whether they have committed crimes (and that the crimes can be proven) is a different matter.
The jury has been out quite a while in the Maxwell trial already and the jury has asked for clarification of quite a few points which could indicate that they don't swallow all of the prosecution witnesses' evidence (nor would I).
I doubt Andrew will ever appear in court to face criminal proceedings.

If Maxwell is found guilty and offered a deal for "singing", things could get interesting and it could be squeaky-bum time for some prominent people. I doubt that will happen though, she may prefer suicide ;)

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:52 pm

D of Y is wriggling like a worm on the end of a hook. He's willing to grasp onto anything, no matter how tenuous or ridiculous it makes him look. And the more he does it, the more he tarnishes the Royal Family.

On another note; an old neighbour of ours served on Britannia for a couple of years. He wouldn't hear a bad word said about the RF, apart from the D of Y, who spoke to them like they were dogshit.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

conyoviejo

Post by conyoviejo » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:00 pm

Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:36 pm
Having sex multiple times with a 17 year old girl who he knew was a victim of sex trafficking arranged by his multi-millionaire friends.
Maybe underage as well.not sure what the age of consent is in America,it differs from state to state,between 16 and 18.

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:32 pm

His guilt or not is based on whether he had sex with her in a us state where consent was 18 . As horrible as Andy is ,was he really idiotic enough ( quite possible ) to not be clear on age of consent ? As for the definition of “ sex trafficking” if every glamourous young woman associated with a very wealthy man of dubious nature was classed as “ trafficked “ half of the worlds millionaires could be in jail . While I’d dearly love to see Randy in the dock it ain’t happening.

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:05 pm

Coulda woulda shoulda…

I think he knew the whole situation at the time. In hindsight it was easier to tell the truth and about his relations with her but state he wasn’t aware of her age at the time. Instead he is found himself in a state of denial and created a web of lies, even after all the years of rumours he did that cringeworthy car crash interview from which he thinks there is no turning back from

Billy Balfour

Post by Billy Balfour » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:23 pm

Whatever happens in the future, he certainly won't be sweating. :roll:

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2013 times
Has Liked: 2913 times

Post by elwaclaret » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:39 pm

Our Government behaves like they have corruption passes left over from the 18C, hardly surprising members of the Royal family are also trying to exploit their privilege. Is he guilty, I don’t know, is he a national embarrassment; absolutely.

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:20 pm

I think it's hiding a bigger thing.

Surely it's easier to admit he is warm blooded male who has made a mistake many years ago. I mean in the grand scheme of things, it's hardly crime of the century, Roberts just wants him to admit that he banged her, that's all.

He will be disgraced for a while, but it's soon forgotten about after a royal wedding, some sort of jubilee, or if he gives a touching speech at the Queens funeral or at Wills coronation. The problem is, is that he's dragged it out when he should just nipped it on the bud a long time ago.

So we need to look at the bigger picture what's he hiding or who is he protecting?
This user liked this post: tiger76

conyoviejo

Post by conyoviejo » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:32 pm

Milltown1882 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:08 pm
Probably means Maxwell is about to get found guilty and he’s hanging on by every thread possible. The second she gets found guilty names will be thrown.
She told her staff not to make eye contact with Epstein and also told them they had to clean their sex toys..

I would have cleaned them with fiery Jack. :twisted:
This user liked this post: winsomeyen

jackmiggins
Been Liked: 197 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by jackmiggins » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:51 pm

Personally, I’d ship him off to China, preferably for them to apply their correction techniques.

Chobulous
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Chobulous » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:00 pm

conyoviejo wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:00 pm
Maybe underage as well.not sure what the age of consent is in America,it differs from state to state,between 16 and 18.
It does differ from state to state but that doesn’t excuse DoY from being an odious, lecherous, over privileged tosser with a taste for young girls. That said, the girl in question was 17. What should we think of Jimmy Page, David Bowie, Robert Plant, John Bonham, Mick Jagger, Bill Wyman, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley etc. etc. with their history with girls of 14 and younger
This user liked this post: conyoviejo

jos
Been Liked: 236 times
Has Liked: 306 times

Post by jos » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:13 pm

Chobulous wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:00 pm
It does differ from state to state but that doesn’t excuse DoY from being an odious, lecherous, over privileged tosser with a taste for young girls. That said, the girl in question was 17. What should we think of Jimmy Page, David Bowie, Robert Plant, John Bonham, Mick Jagger, Bill Wyman, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley etc. etc. with their history with girls of 14 and younger
They are rock stars, it goes with the job description.

bobinho

Post by bobinho » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:34 pm

Well looking at the picture of the D of Y and the alleged victim, it’s hard to see her pain and suffering behind the smile. Of course, that foto could’ve been taken prior to any physical contact, but weren’t there multiple occurrences? She may well have been a willing participant in all this, and now sees it as a further meal ticket.

He ain’t guilty as of now, perhaps he actually isn’t. Your statement is perhaps proof of the earlier suggestion that he can’t get a fair trial due to people having made up their minds.

It’s a little strange to me that in the USA, the difference between sexual assault and two adults consenting to a physical interaction is a question of geography.

Billy Balfour

Post by Billy Balfour » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:44 pm

Re Zep: I only found out a couple of years ago what the lyrics to Sick Again were about.

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:56 pm

This isn’t going if just a photo. I’m not suggesting he’s a rapist, nor am I saying she wasn’t complicit either.

However she was used and manipulated by Epstein and Maxwell to be a sex worker and she forced to have sex with Prince Andrew, as well as other rich people on several occasions.

Before she met them, she was vulnerable teen and used to recruit other young girls before she finally managed to escape.

In previous court case, Prince Andrews involvement was thrown out because it was immaterial to the case. Since the papers became public, Prince Andrew has called her a liar, she’s just fighting her corner.

Prince Andrew, keeps denying anything to do with her but evidence, witnesses and his dreadful lies keep connecting him with her.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:14 pm

Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:20 pm
I think it's hiding a bigger thing.

Surely it's easier to admit he is warm blooded male who has made a mistake many years ago. I mean in the grand scheme of things, it's hardly crime of the century, Roberts just wants him to admit that he banged her, that's all.

He will be disgraced for a while, but it's soon forgotten about after a royal wedding, some sort of jubilee, or if he gives a touching speech at the Queens funeral or at Wills coronation. The problem is, is that he's dragged it out when he should just nipped it on the bud a long time ago.

So we need to look at the bigger picture what's he hiding or who is he protecting?
Or he just fundamentally disagrees with being extorted?

It’s plausible he didn’t bang her. With so many girls at Epstein’s disposal, she appears to be the only one claiming he did (so far), which I find odd.

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 437 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:12 pm

"British former socialite Ghislaine Maxwell has been found guilty in her Manhattan federal court trial."

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:13 pm

Pressure mounting now.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:13 pm

Ghislaine Maxwell has been found guilty on 5 out of 6 counts.
The charges were -
One count of enticing a minor to travel to engage in illegal sex acts
One count of transporting a minor with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity
One count of sex trafficking of a minor
Three counts of conspiracy, related to the above three charges

Count 1: Guilty
Count 2: Not Guilty
Count 3: Guilty
Count 4: Guilty
Count 5: Guilty
Count 6: Guilty

She's going to stay in prison until she dies...

Biggus
Been Liked: 4 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Biggus » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:14 pm

Maxwell just been found Guilty on 5 of the 6 charges!!

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:24 pm

One step nearer for RandyAndy!

conyoviejo

Post by conyoviejo » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:25 pm

That's put the cat amongst the pigeons.