Ok.....Lets See....

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
EarbyClaret
Been Liked: 499 times

Re: Ok.....Lets See....

Post by EarbyClaret » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:45 pm

Stay

His departure would completely destabilise the whole club. When the time comes we need to make the transition as smooth as is possible

I tend to agree he appears to be too loyal to some who consistently under perform. Yesterday should be classed alongside the Hull and Everton games already mentioned

I'd estimate between 4-6 of that starting 11 could have no complaints if benched - however that requires the kind of window we don't appear to be in a position to deliver

The ineptitude of the other clubs around the relegation zone means there's a glimmer of hope but this coming month has to be the biggest in Dyche's TM career

Marty Dobson
Been Liked: 92 times
Has Liked: 261 times

Post by Marty Dobson » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:46 pm

Its a yes but not a 100% yes from me. It's more 60/40 positive. I'm proud that our grand old club is presently competing in the PL for the 6th consecutive season (the 4th time we've been at the highest level in my lifetime) and acknowledge the crucial part the manager has played in that. Without him I don't think it would have been possible. While I totally understand the financial restraints, including the wage structure, that governed how the club operated and I fully supported that policy in its time, I suspect that the Board that traded the club to the new owners starved Dyche of funding over the past 2 seasons for, lets say, personal reasons and that this has contributed to the stale threadbare squad that now represents us. The manager can only play the cards he has and he has been adept at this in previous seasons, targeting winnable games, forfeiting those he considered unwinnable and concentrating solely on PL survival to the detriment of cup runs. However, under Sean we have shorn ourselves of our traditional reputation for playing bright attacking football, (the Burnley style I grew up with), and as I watched yesterdays poor performance I could not help reflect on and compare that abject display with the attacking football played by the teams of the late 60s, the mid 70's and Coyle's half season wonders of 2010. Entertaining football didn't save any of those teams and they all ended up being relegated for various reasons, with the club bouncing back eventually each time. (33 years in one case). What stayed with me from my 1st relegation experience was the foreboding feeling of helplessness in watching a dysfunctional and disintegrating team unable to save itself and this feeling returned to haunt me yesterday. It was nearly as bad as the feeling of overwhelming sadness I experienced in 1971. Even though I had only seen the 60's team playing on TV (when Lord Bob allowed) newspaper coverage at the time was much more investigative and objective than its present counterpart, staffed by fans with typewriters, wannabees and ex pros with personal axes to grind. Therefore as the results came in towards the end of the 70/71 season and we tethered towards relegation the gravity of our situation was laid bare in the Press every weekend with no punches pulled. I had never known Burnley FC as anything other than a top tier club and while droves of other kids my age supported Man U or Liverpool or Leeds, Burnley were my team and I couldn't contemplate a club that had stood for tradition and old decency, played glorious football and defied the odds for so long falling into hell. Somehow I felt a miracle would save us while the gnawing anxiety increased week by week, as we had only won 3 games and drew 11 out of 30 games played by the end of February. In the remaining 12 games we won 4 and drew 2. Certainly an improvement but no miracle and in the end we went out with a whimper. It was a sporting devastation I have never gotten over. It did however teach me to deal with sporting setbacks and it helped me to better cope with the next relegation in '76. Little did I think at the time.... When I now read the, sometimes outrageous, often genuine but mostly negative, comments on social media, mostly from a younger generation of Clarets, I can sympathise as we of my generation have said and heard it all before, during previous periods of crises in different forums, especially public houses. It comes from a feeling of helplessness and anger as the club we all love falls short of the standard we wish for it. So whatever the future brings, and the vicissitudes of sport will ensure we have bad days as well as glorious ones, may the new year bring everyone in the Clarets family peace and prosperity.
This user liked this post: tiger76

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2416 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:18 pm

Stay

And stay away from the negativity on this Board

lewishamclaret
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by lewishamclaret » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:36 pm

Stay

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2329 times
Has Liked: 2176 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:41 pm

Pleasing to see the Dyche out are far more in the minority than I first thought, whilst I fully respect their opinions.
This user liked this post: Burt

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2007 times
Has Liked: 3354 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:51 pm

Several people (actually more than several!) are unhappy with Dyche because of the "style of football", but we have to realistic. That admittedly rather attritional style is what's kept us in the PL so long with a much cheaper and lower profile squad than almost anyone else. If we tried to play the style of football that the top half of the table play with the players we've got we wouldn't last one season, never mind 7. Dyche worked out a way to stay up with a beer money budget. Watching was never going to be pretty, but bloody hell he's been effective! (up to now) and that's good management (imo)

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by superdimitri » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:32 pm

Shame we can't do a poll on the forum.

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 443 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:07 pm

DCWat wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:48 pm
Dyche certainly isn’t blameless in our current position. He has surely though, built up enough credits for him to have a crack at revamping the squad, and if the worst comes to the worst, trying to take us back up.

There’s plenty for Dyche to learn from our current predicament, he’s not really kept the squad fresh although that’s partly due to him having his hands tied in terms of recruitment.
And partly due to his own stubbornness, as I've said on other threads, very much he's own worst enemy in terms of recruitment and signings, nothing is good enough, everything has to fit the right criteria, consequently time has caught up with his loyalty.
This user liked this post: snapcrackleandpop

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1576 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:10 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:51 pm
Several people (actually more than several!) are unhappy with Dyche because of the "style of football", but we have to realistic. That admittedly rather attritional style is what's kept us in the PL so long with a much cheaper and lower profile squad than almost anyone else. If we tried to play the style of football that the top half of the table play with the players we've got we wouldn't last one season, never mind 7. Dyche worked out a way to stay up with a beer money budget. Watching was never going to be pretty, but bloody hell he's been effective! (up to now) and that's good management (imo)
Beer money budget? Where do you drink

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:17 pm

Stay. There should be no debate.

Sheedyclaret
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by Sheedyclaret » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:42 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:17 pm
Course it should we've been dogshit for ages

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:30 am

Sheedyclaret wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:42 pm
Course it should we've been dogshit for ages
If you class several years in the top flight that, you are truly a dullard.
perhaps if you endured the old fourth division debacles, you might think a wee bit differently.

Papabendi
Been Liked: 347 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:58 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:10 pm
Dyche has been offered a great many players over successive transfer windows (before the last one) but pretty much vetoed them all (aside from a couple ultimately forced on him). That's what he's like, dogmatic. He probably didn't want Cornet either which is probably why he's now struggling with how much better he is than the rest and giving faint praise.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:55 am

Stay

He is quite a way down the list of the things the club would be better of without.

Shaggy
Been Liked: 396 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by Shaggy » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:14 am

Papabendi wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:58 am
Dyche has been offered a great many players over successive transfer windows (before the last one) but pretty much vetoed them all (aside from a couple ultimately forced on him). That's what he's like, dogmatic. He probably didn't want Cornet either which is probably why he's now struggling with how much better he is than the rest and giving faint praise.
I could quite believe that to be the case. And this is the crux of our issues at the moment.

JR1882
Been Liked: 171 times

Post by JR1882 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:17 am

STAY

It’s an absolute tragedy however. The league has moved on in terms of elite coaching in the last few years and he is well out of his depth. Tactics never change, never known a team so inflexible, no identity, easy to play against, no desire (I’m not sure what the tactics are tbh), unable to adjust the formation either starting or during a game, too loyal to individuals, uses his press conferences to massage his ego instead of addressing how awful his team is. He has bought very poorly in many cases also.

However
- he has goodwill in the bank - lots of it for me.
- this isn’t all his fault, I apportion much blame to Garlic for negotiating a sale whereby he got the money in the bank rather than it being invested in the squad.
- he is the best man to bring us back up (if his pride can stomach it)

So it’s a stay, I’m not happy about it but it’s a stay.

It’s like being married for years and years and your really unhappy but can you be arsed finding another wife? Easier to just be miserable and stick with the one you have ain’t it.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6493 times
Has Liked: 2919 times

Post by Steve1956 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:00 pm

Id like him to stay,wether he will or not if we go down is another matter,I think if we go down he will look for a bigger club to manage in the Championship, he's took us as far as he is ever going to do,so I reckon he will look for a bigger club and a bigger challenge

snapcrackleandpop
Been Liked: 122 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by snapcrackleandpop » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:38 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:17 pm
Why?

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 540 times
Has Liked: 188 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:40 pm

Stay, it's too late to make any difference now as Allardyce found out.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:22 pm

Stay.

(I’ve hammered him many times in the past but largely for cup attitudes, and his recipe is the right one in the league, tight defence, competitive, and win games 1-0, a bit like Wolves this season - it may work again)

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2007 times
Has Liked: 3354 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:13 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:10 pm
The New Brewm! £2.35 a pint and just £2.00 on match days. This is Burnley remember! 😁

ClaretCliff
Been Liked: 187 times
Has Liked: 135 times

Post by ClaretCliff » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:20 pm

Definately a STAY from me.

Ric_C
Been Liked: 756 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:34 pm

Stay

Regarding that 92 clubs stat that everyone keeps wanging on about, I'd say that 72 of those clubs would swap places with us in a heartbeat.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:39 pm

Stay. It’s certain players who aren’t performing.

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:59 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:39 pm
Stay. It’s certain players who aren’t performing.
Who brought them to Burnley
Who work's with them on the training ground
Who picks the starting eleven

I'll give you a clue......He's got ginger hair
This user liked this post: BLH_Claret

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10261 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:05 pm

If anybody can turn this round, it's Dyche.
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:13 pm

Absolutley stay, but he and his Management team have to change. Their tatics are now stale, and they are making decent players look extremely poor. You can't expect your team to defend 75 minutes of a game every week, they no longer have the legs. The Roberts situation is ridiculous, and it begs the question if the lad was his choice.

Billyblah
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 29 times

Post by Billyblah » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:32 pm

Stay
I've seen Martin Buchan, Inchy Heath, Owen Coyle and countless others managers flailing around managing Burnley.
Dyche has managed with a calm persona and been resourceful to build from lower Championship to Premiership. I'm sure that longer term and given support from the owners, he is capable of doing so again.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 5071 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:45 pm

I suggest after 128 posts that the count be halted.
It is clear that SD still has the backing of the vast majority of Clarets fans. There isn't another team in the country, that would support their manager with our record over last season and this, I'm proud to say.
I hope someone informs SD of the result, and he listens to the concerns of all those backers. A manager isn't there to be told what to do, but he should listen to what others have to say.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:56 pm

"It is clear that SD still has the backing of the vast majority of Clarets fans".........ON HERE, Take a look around at other forums and Facebook group's

taio
Been Liked: 3249 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:58 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:56 pm
"It is clear that SD still has the backing of the vast majority of Clarets fans".........ON HERE, Take a look around at other forums and Facebook group's
Best place to judge is at Turf Moor.

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:36 pm

snapcrackleandpop wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:38 pm
Why?
Because it really defies logic.
Its obvious any replacement would be hindered by a similar lack of backing and even Pep would struggle to make headway with our meagre squad.
Sean Dyche has earned his corn, he has not just got the job here and done nowt as many other managers have. Dyche has masterminded the promotions and maintained our status in this division despite the odds against. I honestly do not even begin to understand why it should even be an issue.
There has been praise from all over the shop from professionals in the game for what has been achieved under him, players and fans form most other clubs acknowledge the feats year in year out, but somehow a small band of supporters see fit to have him moved on because of a bad run. Its frankly insane.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 513 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:12 pm

Stay for as long as he wants. His critics know nothing. Wonder how many of them have sung his praises previously. With the experience he has gained here he is probably a much better manager now, maturing like a fine wine. Unfortunately it will never be close to a level playing field here.

snapcrackleandpop
Been Liked: 122 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by snapcrackleandpop » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:57 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:36 pm
Its obvious any replacement would be hindered by a similar lack of backing and even Pep would struggle to make headway with our meagre squad.
Sean Dyche has earned his corn, he has not just got the job here and done nowt as many other managers have. Dyche has masterminded the promotions and maintained our status in this division despite the odds against. I honestly do not even begin to understand why it should even be an issue.
There has been praise from all over the shop from professionals in the game for what has been achieved under him, players and fans form most other clubs acknowledge the feats year in year out, but somehow a small band of supporters see fit to have him moved on because of a bad run. Its frankly insane.
Everything has a sell by date and sadly I think this is where we are heading, I have never once said he hasn't been brilliant for us and probably our best ever manager but it's gone stale for whatever reason.
Subs always like for like and usually at the same point every week
Rigged 442
Inability to change formation to counteract opposing teams changes (Brighton & Everton of the top of my head)
Are the players fed up of the same voice because the max effort mantra has gone

alboclaret
Been Liked: 143 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by alboclaret » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:15 am

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:12 pm
Stay for as long as he wants. His critics know nothing. Wonder how many of them have sung his praises previously. With the experience he has gained here he is probably a much better manager now, maturing like a fine wine. Unfortunately it will never be close to a level playing field here.
You'd think with the experience he's had here, he might have a tactical plan b by now.

I'm in the stay camp BTW but he is still open to critics when not only the football is dire but the results are too.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1161 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:32 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:13 pm
Why ??? Because they don't have the same claret tinted grasses like you
The fact is we’re in for a very long hard fight with a poor team .I’d take the man who knows every player inside out and has been the lifeblood of the club for 9 yrs repeatedly delivering against the odds vs a mid season newcomer .

All things come to an end but at this minute I think SD the best man for this season . Next season ( whatever division) perhaps not .
This user liked this post: ClaretMov

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 351 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:41 pm

Easiest way for people to judge this is by an online poll, so i have made one, click below to regsiter your vote

https://linkto.run/p/0PXXBV5H

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:58 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:36 pm
All excellent points WEC, and I don't think we should be firing Sean at this precise moment, however our form for nearly a year has been frankly appalling, and that's not just a bad run, that indicates a serious long term decline in our fortunes, can Sean turn it around?, well he has on previous occasions, but if we stay up from here it'll be one heck of an achievement.

And even people like myself, who've backed Sean take thick and thin, are now beginning to harbour serious doubts as to whether come the end of the season it might be time to strongly consider a change at the top.

Stacky_claret
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 224 times

Post by Stacky_claret » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:02 pm

Stay
It's hardly his fault the same players are picked each week without having to perform as hes had nothing to spend for last 2 -3 seasons
Competition for places is everything take that away and everything becomes blaise
Think he needs time with alk and some more signings like Maxwell to prove his worth

Claretmisterg
Been Liked: 314 times
Has Liked: 338 times

Post by Claretmisterg » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:18 pm

The other mans grass is always greener
The sun shines brighter on the other side
The other mans grass is always greener
Some are happy, some are not
Just be thankful for what you’ve got

Stay.

Dyche is without a doubt our best manager since Potts and Adamson. Although credit goes to Mullen, Ternent and to Miller their achievements were less. Coyle was a flash in the pan. Howe, Cotterill and Casper never clicked. The rest were dire. If Dyche goes history suggests a long wait until we find another decent manager.
This user liked this post: Stacky_claret

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:09 pm

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:12 pm
Shouldnt you be learning some new formations Sean and not wasting time on the forum?

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10261 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:38 pm

He's right, though.

BurnleyMickSouth
Been Liked: 297 times

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:16 pm

Thanks for putting the poll on, i didnt know how to do it, but looking on HERE with all the posts about 85% want him to STAY however according to the poll,( if you voted that is), then its 10% more supporters want him to GO.....MYSELF I WANT HIM TO GO, he talks the talk, but for the last 12 months hes not been abel to walk the walk, if we ARE relegated not everyone will be unhappy, for instance as stated Sat, Tues, matches, no VAR, NONE OF THIS HAVING TO MOVE FIXTURES ETC, PLUS LOOK AT THE FANS WHAT THEY CAN SAVE, also gates are dropping at TM, people will come back to watch a winning team, Championship or bloody league One, the fans WILL return.....this is my Post so lets get more Opinions, tell us what YOU think. THANK YOU.

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:38 pm

BurnleyMickSouth wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:16 pm
Thanks for putting the poll on,
No worries , it'll be interesting to see how it turns out, i thought it would be 50/50 and it is close going off that, would be good if everyone on here and people that view the forum could vote to get a truer picture.

Caballo
Been Liked: 425 times
Has Liked: 433 times

Post by Caballo » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:56 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:41 pm
Easiest way for people to judge this is by an online poll, so i have made one, click below to regsiter your vote

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesus, is that where we're at? The man has overseen the transformation of our club and some of you lot want rid because he's failing to over achieve.

HollandsPies
Been Liked: 192 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by HollandsPies » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:05 pm

Stay.
Best man for the job at our club all day long.

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:31 pm

Caballo wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:56 pm

Jesus, is that where we're at? The man has overseen the transformation of our club and some of you lot want rid because he's failing to over achieve.
Its a simple poll, theres no option for a happy clapper, if you want to watch dross for the rest of your days no need to comment, just enjoy it.

Caballo
Been Liked: 425 times
Has Liked: 433 times

Post by Caballo » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:19 pm

Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:31 pm
Its a simple poll, theres no option for a happy clapper, if you want to watch dross for the rest of your days no need to comment, just enjoy it.
I'd venture to suggest it's not only the poll that's simple.

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:22 pm

Caballo wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:19 pm
I'd venture to suggest it's not only the poll that's simple.

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:00 am

Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:41 pm

It's not all one way traffic that the stay brigade will have you think on here, nothing in it, the opinion is almost split down the middle so far
Screenshot_20220106-085642_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220106-085642_Chrome.jpg (38.22 KiB) Viewed 2609 times