Time to unite.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1599 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Time to unite.

Post by LoveCurryPies » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:50 pm

So many miserable threads. I’ve read most the posts but kept quiet. I understand your disappointment but let’s be honest, we all know staying in the Premier League was a huge challenge.

Sean’s worked miracles with limited financial backing. Covid has made the last two seasons totally unpredictable.

Turning on the players, manager, support staff and owners (past and present) really isn’t going to produce anything.

It’s time for fans to support the club, even if we are relegated. Our best hope of a successful Championship season and a return to the Premier League is as a united club.

We still have a slim chance of Premier League survival. Watford can still be beaten.

Time to unite, dig deep and support the club. They need us now! UTC!
These 33 users liked this post: PremierLeagueClass Cubanforever ClaretMat Leisure Norman RalphCoatesComb Cabbage Burnley1989 tiger76 GDK Claret Bosscat Wile E Coyote Spijed bfcjg NewClaret ClaretTony beeholeclaret IanMcL Darnhill Claret SussexDon1inIreland bodge CrosspoolClarets gawthorpe_view basil6345789 summitclaret evensteadiereddie Foreverly Claret AfloatinClaret PhiladelphiaChris Burnleyareback2 Winstonswhite Better Call Saul

Leisure
Been Liked: 3773 times
Has Liked: 12365 times

Re: Time to unite.

Post by Leisure » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:53 pm

This. UTC

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:56 pm

Thats fine, but lets see a bit of fight, passion and pride. Next week I will be doing my 350 mile round trip, leaving at 9.00 getting back at 8.30pm. There will be fans dong bigger mileages. Yes I go there because I am a fan. I will not jeer the team, and will be behind everything positive they do. But there has to be something back from each player, because right now there are some big salaries being taken and the very abject performances are becoming very frequent
These 9 users liked this post: Milltown1882 Burnley1989 tiger76 ClaretMov Vegas Claret NewClaret burnleymik randomclaret2 Enola Gay

PremierLeagueClass
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by PremierLeagueClass » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:58 pm

A lot on here revel in it unfortunately, we all know who they are.

Time to get behind our team. This group have given us some of our best moments as Burnley fans. Let’s give them as much encouragement as possible and bring the good times back.
These 2 users liked this post: Burnley1989 SussexDon1inIreland

Cubanforever
Been Liked: 222 times
Has Liked: 584 times

Post by Cubanforever » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:00 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:56 pm
Thats fine, but lets see a bit of fight, passion and pride. Next week I will be doing my 350 mile round trip, leaving at 9.00 getting back at 8.30pm. There will be fans dong bigger mileages. Yes I go there because I am a fan. I will not jeer the team, and will be behind everything positive they do. But there has to be something back from each player, because right now there are some big salaries being taken and the very abject performances are becoming very frequent
Fair play to you Warks, that's admirable comitment
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2275 times
Has Liked: 2155 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:05 pm

There’s 5-6 of the usual suspects that are the most vocal, the football has been terrible recently and below par all season but turning on the manager, players and board half way through a season won’t achieve anything and we used to take the **** out of other clubs on here that did it.
I’m sure they’re well aware of how bad things are with out standing there and booing, always felt it’s a bit weird a grown adult booing, go home stand in front of the mirror and watch yourself do it :lol:
These 2 users liked this post: RalphCoatesComb PremierLeagueClass

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:08 pm

The best way to unite the fans is for the players to show us a lot more than we are seeing at the moment . That is unacceptable whatever league we are playing in .
If it continues the crowd on the Turf will let their true feeling known between now and the end of the season .
To date that hasn’t been the case and credit to the fans inside the ground who have in reality seen a team playing ok most of the time and not getting the results they have deserved on the whole.
It’s been a bad few weeks and yes with winnable home games coming up now is the time to unite. If nothing changes to what we have recently seen I can’t see many shrugging their shoulders and accepting it regardless of past glories.
This user liked this post: Enola Gay

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2415 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:10 pm

Good luck with that.

Saw a piece on-line the other day that suggests those who refuse the Covid vaccines were of low intelligence. (No Sh1t Sherlock). Quite a few appear to have emerged on this Board, apparently believing that Burnley have bottomless pockets fun of cash and a God given right to remain in the Premier League.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Hard work, and nothing less, will get us out of our current predicament.

And, Sean Dyche is the man to do it !
These 5 users liked this post: Claret Wile E Coyote IanMcL evensteadiereddie Foreverly Claret

EarbyClaret
Been Liked: 498 times

Post by EarbyClaret » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:10 pm

Newcastle's result today a huge bonus and a real indication that the proposed marquee signings might not save them

Ubdeservedly perhaps but we still have a fighting chance as a result of the ineptitude of those around us

Hard as it maybe to comprehend one of us, Newcastle, Norwich or Watford will be a PL team next season

Somewhere from within this current shambles if we can somehow finish top of this four team mini-league we can scrape through and have the proper reckoning that needs to take place come the end of the season
This user liked this post: bodge

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:12 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:50 pm
So many miserable threads. I’ve read most the posts but kept quiet. I understand your disappointment but let’s be honest, we all know staying in the Premier League was a huge challenge.

Sean’s worked miracles with limited financial backing. Covid has made the last two seasons totally unpredictable.

Turning on the players, manager, support staff and owners (past and present) really isn’t going to produce anything.

It’s time for fans to support the club, even if we are relegated. Our best hope of a successful Championship season and a return to the Premier League is as a united club.

We still have a slim chance of Premier League survival. Watford can still be beaten.

Maybe have a word with the players , as they can’t be arsed atm
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1679 times
Has Liked: 2513 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:18 pm

PremierLeagueClass wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:58 pm
A lot on here revel in it unfortunately, we all know who they are.

Time to get behind our team. This group have given us some of our best moments as Burnley fans. Let’s give them as much encouragement as possible and bring the good times back.
I was there today and found absolutely nothing whatsoever to revel in. I've been home about 6 hours now and still finding nothing to revel in. Just another extremely unacceptable, dispiriting showing that have sadly now become the norm for us. It can continue,of course but the ramifications could be catastrophic, a word I don't use lightly.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:19 pm

Beat Leicester and Watford and things will look a whole lot different, but the players have to show they still give a s**t, if they do that and we still go down that's life, but right now can they honestly all say they are giving 100%, and we all know that that's what's made us a formidable PL outfit for the past 6 seasons, and why we've managed to survive against the odds for so long, but once we lose that team spirit and togetherness our shortcomings are all too obvious I'm afraid.

However to try and put a positive slant on things we are effectively in a 4 team mini-league from now until May, and if the fans back them, and the team roll up their sleeves and show the fight they have previously we can still confound the odds, and live to fight another PL season.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:21 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:

Spot on Curry, well said.

Spot on Curry. well said.

Last edited by Wile E Coyote on Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Post by Murger » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:22 pm

RalphCoatesComb wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:10 pm
Good luck with that.

Saw a piece on-line the other day that suggests those who refuse the Covid vaccines were of low intelligence. (No Sh1t Sherlock). Quite a few appear to have emerged on this Board, apparently believing that Burnley have bottomless pockets fun of cash and a God given right to remain in the Premier League.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Hard work, and nothing less, will get us out of our current predicament.

You manage to get a dig in against the unvaccinated on a football thread, well done. That in itself lacks intelligence.
These 2 users liked this post: BLH_Claret tiger76

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:22 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:

I fully agree with all of this.

I’ve alluded to it on another post; I’d like to see a similar rallying cry from Dyche, similar to when he first came on board. I think we’ve lost our way and we really need to see everyone, Pace, the board, the management team, players and fans coming together.

Dyche is the man to drive that, on the pitch and in the stands.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

RalphCoatesComb

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:22 pm

Murger wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:22 pm
You manage to get a dig in against the unvaccinated on a football thread, well done. That in itself lacks intelligence.
Fact

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:23 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:19 pm
Beat Leicester and Watford and things will look a whole lot different, but the players have to show they still give a s**t, if they do that and we still go down that's life, but right now can they honestly all say they are giving 100%, and we all know that that's what's made us a formidable PL outfit for the past 6 seasons, and why we've managed to survive against the odds for so long, but once we lose that team spirit and togetherness our shortcomings are all too obvious I'm afraid.

However to try and put a positive slant on things we are effectively in a 4 team mini-league from now until May, and if the fans back them, and the team roll up their sleeves and show the fight they have previously we can still confound the odds, and live to fight another PL season.
Every week we seem to be looking aimlessly for positives in a sh1tload of sh1tness when & where does this end?
This user liked this post: BLH_Claret

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:23 pm

These type of threads appear every single week, week by week the performances and effort gets worse. It's time for the team to unite and show the fans they give a damn, then they will get the support of fans. You can clap until your hands are purple, sing until your lungs stop working, write 10,000 positive comments of support, you will be continued to be let down by this weak bunch, best to wake up and face reality imo.
These 3 users liked this post: BLH_Claret tiger76 warksclaret

RalphCoatesComb

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:25 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:23 pm
Best to wake up and face reality imo.
or get behind the team
These 3 users liked this post: Bosscat tiger76 evensteadiereddie

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2196 times
Has Liked: 2179 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:28 pm

There are certain posts on this forum where you would easily guess the poster, even if their username was covered.

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 324 times

Post by HahaYeah » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:29 pm

RalphCoatesComb wrote:
Good luck with that.

My DNA is intact and I'm firmly behind Dyche. :geek:
This user liked this post: RalphCoatesComb

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8432 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:30 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:

👍🙂👍

UTC

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:32 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Every week we seem to be looking aimlessly for positives in a sh1tload of sh1tness when & where does this end?
At least the fans are showing some passion, and that's what the players need to display, then they'll get backing from the stands, but they have to show they still care, and on recent evidence that's doubtful.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5004 times
Has Liked: 6722 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:36 pm

Just realised that unite is an anagram for untie. The bindings that hold us together,manager,players,owners and fans as the OP suggest need to come together or we are really screwed, relegation isn't an option we should countenance.
UTC.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:40 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
When there is no longer hope and we are in the Championship.
Until then I support every positive post because it’s too easy to be negative

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:42 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:32 pm
At least the fans are showing some passion, and that's what the players need to display, then they'll get backing from the stands, but they have to show they still care, and on recent evidence that's doubtful.
We’ve been trotting that same line out for weeks that team needs replacing on a major scale it needs gutting & starting again, it’s a situation which has been allowed to deteriorate instead of slowing phasing out & refreshing like for like.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:50 pm

RalphCoatesComb wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:25 pm
or get behind the team
You act like typing the reality on here affects my support of the team when the whistle blows, I want my team to win games, playing good football, when players are strolling around the pitch, laughing while we're losing and making the same basic mistakes, I will not bury my head in the sand and pretend my eyes are lying to me, I will question them.
These 2 users liked this post: Milltown1882 tiger76

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:50 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:42 pm
We’ve been trotting that same line out for weeks that team needs replacing on a major scale it needs gutting & starting again, it’s a situation which has been allowed to deteriorate instead of slowing phasing out & refreshing like for like.
And that process will probably commence in the summer, sadly we're likely to be facing rebuilding in the Championship.

But what do we expect when you don't recruit new signings for 4/5 windows, and when we do actually sign a supposed starter they usually have to wait until Sean deems them ready.

We have the basis of a useful Championship squad, but it'll require some shrewd signings and sales in the summer, and that's not taking into account our debt situation.
This user liked this post: Milltown1882

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:04 pm

I think its pretty bad that quite a few posters want rid of the manager, what kind of loyalty is that?
He has brought success and as soon as we hit a rough patch that is the GO to response !
Pointless trying to expound his virtues anymore, because lots of us have done it and yet the negative ones just brush it aside as if it were nothing.
hate the expression "Get a grip" but if ever it seemed appropriate its now.
This user liked this post: Cubanforever

RalphCoatesComb

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:05 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:50 pm
You act like typing the reality on here affects my support of the team when the whistle blows, I want my team to win games, playing good football, when players are strolling around the pitch, laughing while we're losing and making the same basic mistakes, I will not bury my head in the sand and pretend my eyes are lying to me, I will question them.
Question - fine but you take it to a different level

Support in the face of adversary is the hardest thing to do

GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND THE MANAGER

At least until the end of the Season

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by TsarBomba » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:05 pm

2 wins in 25? There isn’t any fan base in football that wouldn’t be disgruntled with that form.

The football is turgid. And has been for a very long time.

A poster on another thread gave an example of our ability to play good football, and used the example of Chelsea away when we won 3-2. That’s 4 1/2 years ago, for goodness sake.

I would never call for Dyche’s head, but you cannot blame fans, during a cost of living crisis, to be thoroughly hacked off at the moment.

If people want to have a grumble on here, then let them vent. It’s perfectly acceptable.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:11 pm

RalphCoatesComb wrote:
Good luck with that.

I suggest you stop reading ******** online then intellectual one.

Milltown1882
Been Liked: 1102 times
Has Liked: 854 times

Post by Milltown1882 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:13 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:11 pm
Took a while to get a football post on to a vaccine debate didn’t it
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:13 pm

Sean's the best manager we've had and what's needed is full financial backing from the chairman to help us to rise again.
He was given very little to work with by the previous board for whatever the rights and wrong of the situation

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:31 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:05 pm
2 wins in 25? There isn’t any fan base in football that wouldn’t be disgruntled with that form.

The football is turgid. And has been for a very long time.

A poster on another thread gave an example of our ability to play good football, and used the example of Chelsea away when we won 3-2. That’s 4 1/2 years ago, for goodness sake.

I would never call for Dyche’s head, but you cannot blame fans, during a cost of living crisis, to be thoroughly hacked off at the moment.

If people want to have a grumble on here, then let them vent. It’s perfectly acceptable.
Would you say that it's perfectly acceptable for people who don't go to games to come on here and make demands for the management to be sacked or aim abuse at players because they earn large salaries?

claret2018
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:35 pm

Sean was the best manager we’ve ever had, up until 18 months or so ago.

No other manager in the world would have survived this disastrous 12+ months.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:37 pm

Anyone who has followed us from the top to the bottom and back again, will be right Velindre this squad and manager. We are aware of the difference!

Milltown1882

Post by Milltown1882 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:38 pm

Targetman wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:31 pm
Would you say that it's perfectly acceptable for people who don't go to games to come on here and make demands for the management to be sacked or aim abuse at players because they earn large salaries?
What does going to games have to do with anything?

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:43 pm

Milltown1882 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:38 pm
What does going to games have to do with anything?
That question says it all. 🤪
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Milltown1882

Post by Milltown1882 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:46 pm

Targetman wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:43 pm
That question says it all. 🤪
Sure

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:47 pm

RalphCoatesComb wrote:
Good luck with that.

And Maxwel!!!

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:18 pm

Milltown1882 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:13 pm
Took a while to get a football post on to a vaccine debate didn’t it
Yep but predictably took a lot less time for Beetlejuice's flipflop to get triggered and respond though

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice

brexit
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:20 pm

"The most important feature that distinguishes a delusion from a scientific or philosophical enlightenment is that delusion is a belief without a healthy doubt; it is not subject to reality testing."

Norman
Been Liked: 36 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by Norman » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:22 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:11 pm
To be fair, it sounds like you're the anti-vaxer?

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:29 pm

You're lucky that we've lost the will and heart to start lobbing bricks through the Bob Lord windows.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:31 pm

Totally agree with uniting but it goes both ways.

I don’t have major issues with Tarky yet this season, but I’ll be watching closely to see if his performances wane once it is a clear choice between us and Newcastle who drops (which I expect). Were West Ham to go elsewhere he may see his next move dropping into the Championship so even for the strongest minds it is hard to see them staying 100% focused.

Just using him as an example he isn’t the only one.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:26 am

I don't care what division we are in, I don't care if we are loaded or skint, I just want to see commitment and players that can string a few passes together. I'll be supporting Burnley FC until the day I drop dead and nothing will change that.........doesn't mean I can't whinge like **** about us though !!! :D :D :D :D
This user liked this post: tiger76

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:02 am

Norman wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:22 pm
To be fair, it sounds like you're the anti-vaxer?
Not an anti vaxer I am pro choice.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:43 pm

:lol:
This user liked this post: Foreverly Claret

Paddy1882
Been Liked: 134 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Paddy1882 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:05 pm

Targetman wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:31 pm
So an elderly person who is worried about the current situation with covid has had a season ticket for X amount of years but chooses not to go this season due to safety concerns or a person who’s partner may have lost their job so they have to choose between going to games and paying bills and feeding their family can’t have an opinion because they don’t currently go to games?? Deary me
This user liked this post: tiger76